J-I got tired of waiting,
[html]

ooc: 1. Character NameBig GrinaVinci 'Dait Nasphrite (and Zana Avaya Lykoi(NPC)
2. Character Birthdate (including year): 10/31/06
3. Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: birth
4. Species: 50% coyote, 25% arctic 25% timber? (I think?)

5. Gender: Male
6. A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). IskataSadira

Anselm face first, then whichever/whoever else, but wait for the second joiner's reply.

He was salt stained and the scent of the ocean still clung fresh to his pelt. The small bundle was wrapped up snugly in his cloak as he turned to watch the two women following behind him. He knew that Ryan should be leading, these were her people and her clan, but these were his family and he didn't know what waited for them at the edge of Inferni. His stormy orbs watched as Zana lead the stallion that she'd refused to leave behind in Eire, his eyes pausing on her small frame a second before turning away, wrapping his arms up tight around the wiggling bundle as he eyed the border markers that had always presented the beginning of Inferni's territory. He noticed that quite a few of them were shattered and destroyed but he said nothing. It was more than apparent that the clan still lived. Gabriel's own scent was strong and fresh along the borders, a flash of emotion caught in his eyes as he stared forward into the lands that would never accept him.

He did this for her, for this was her family and she deserved to be happy. He didn't know if this would work but it was Ryan's wish and he knew that there was little left for him in Phoenix Valley, having left the way he had. He brushed aside the idea though as he watched Zana tie the horse to a thick stout branch of the tree along the edge of the lands. He scowled at the girl, who seemed to think it proper to wear the pelt of the beast that had tormented the lands for so long. The skin of the monster that Dawali had brought to their borders as an offering, showing the end of the beast's rampage across the lands. He had never known why he'd kept the pelt but Zana had found and cured it while they had been in Eire, now she wore it as some absurd cloak, the head pulled down low over her brow and the forelegs tied up across her shoulders. It was still unsettling now but he let her be, what she did with the cursed thing was her damn business now, she had claimed the beast and she could keep him.

He shuddered slightly and glanced back to the woman who had convinced him to return, this had all been her crazy idea and he had followed blindly, his love for her far stronger than his fear of what was to come. His eyes steadied as they fell upon her form, a smile falling softly upon his lips as though the thoughts that had been tainting his mind had never taken place.. Making certain the precious package was still safe he adjusted his gentle grip on the folds of his cloak as he threw his head back and called to the clan. He'd brought her back safe and sound, now he just needed to know if there was space enough for love in these lands.

[/html]
[html]

Word count: 412 Hopefully this NPC dance isn't too awkward, as Anselm's more likely to acknowledge Ryan at this point... XD;

In Character

A call sounded from the borders, beckoning him into the wakeful world from his state of light slumber. His red eyes blinked slowly around the gloomy den and the secui rose quickly to his feet. Bracing himself, he shook vigorously as if to dispel any remaining drowsiness before emerging from the den's entrance. He took a moment to orient himself before setting off in a lope. It had originated near the shore, he thought, and the trek would not be very long. He couldn't place the man's identity--the yowl had been like neither the wolf's low melody nor the coyote's rhythmic, pitched yaps.

As he rounded a small hill he caught sight of four figures--once upon a time the horse might have commanded his full attention and intrigue, but here (along with the young woman alongside it) these details hardly registered. The steel-grey man was undoubtedly the one to request his presence, and at another time he might have connected the blue-tinted hybrid as one of Kaena and Gabriel's enemies. The party was fairly sizeable and for a split second he hesitated, black nose wriggling intensely as he considered their purpose here. As soon as he recognised Ryan, of course, caution and contemplation were thrown into the wind.

He issued a happy bark, his black-tipped tail swinging enthusiastically as he navigated his way down the hill with sure-footed speed and grace. He rocked back onto his hind legs as if a dog overjoyed by the return of his master and licked at her cheeks, nuzzling the crook of her neck before planting himself back on the ground just as gently. He retreated backwards a few steps, his red eyes shining merrily despite the exhaustion evident behind them. Boy, are you a sight for sore eyes, he told her, tail continuing to flop excitedly. Been wondering when you'd turn up since Valkyrie drifted on in, he offered with a smile, figuring the young mother would be more concerned with news of her child above all else.

Didn't realise you'd have an entire gang in tow, he said impishly, his eyes shifting as he finally acknowledged the rest of the small crew. The second girl's scent was vaguely familiar, he decided--it was one he'd noticed around the clan months before. With enough effort he might be able to discern the other two canine's explicit identities, but for now he simply waited for someone else to fill in the blanks for him.

<style>
.anselm-A01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.anselm-A01 b {color:#874002;}
.anselm-A01-separator {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; margin:0px 0px 2px 0px; color:#874002; padding-right:20px;}
.anselm-A01-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.anselm-A01 {background-color:#D3AE6A; padding:297px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/anselmtable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
The figure who appeared wasn't really known to him but the eyes were the same that he'd grown to love so long ago. He shifted his grip on the squirming mass within his cloak as he smiled at the greeting that was given to Ryan. It seemed that luck had held out for them for it was her own father that had found them at the borders first and not Gabriel. He was quiet as the two spoke before he nodded his head towards Anselm when he mentioned the whole troop. His eyes sparkled slightly as he chuckled. "I don't believe I could have allowed her to return without all of us." He shifted the bundle in his arms again as he apologized. "I'm DaVinci. I'd greet you properly but I believe Ryan would have my head if I dropped these two." He said as he lifted the fold of cloak off of the two puppies that had been wrapped up warm in the wool garment.

The little boy had begun to squirm with the sudden change in temperature as Zana moved over to pick him up out of the mass and held him against her chest. The whole scene looked a bit comical since the pup was almost a 4th of her size and still a newborn. DaVinci smiled at his younger sister as she gave up in trying to calm the child before handing him over to his mother with a sulking look of disappointment. DaVinci smiled at his mate a moment as Ryan held their son before presenting the rest of their family to the leader present. "This is Juliet de le Poer.." he said as he held the little girl gently in his arms, still fast asleep despite the weather before tilting his head towards Ryan. "and that would be Romeo Davi Nasphrite." his eyes glowing, obviously the proud father.

Zana moved back within sight after settling the beast who had been fidgeting at the appearance of the male. DaVinci nodded towards her as he stated plainly. "I think you might know Zana..." He really didn't know where to go from here. He knew that there was no love for him from the leader of the clan but he had returned for Ryan, and her family was within the clan. There was little left for him in the lands but her and he would follow her whenever she went.
Ugh, I keep feeling like Ryan should reply. >_o Sorry. It's weird to assume they're talking about something but not knowing exactly what XD;

His tail's movements gradually dampened then ceased as his attention was drawn away from his daughter--they had a lot of catching up to do, apparently! He frowned inwardly at the mention of the young man's name, though his expression remained neutral. Yes... he recognised this one now. He was at the root of the tensions between Phoenix Valley and Inferni; he was the one Kaena had spats with before. That would make things interesting.

For everything, though, DaVinci certainly had one thing going for him... he wasn't Hybrid. Anselm's tail wagging resumed as he was introduced to his two newest grandchildren and he stepped forward to gently nudge the cranky boy in Ryan's arms. They were both so tiny and the information was a little overwhelming to process all at once.

He peered at Zana and wearily dipped his head, recalling something suddenly. "Oh yeah, Firefly was looking for you," he told her. "She lives in Cour des Miracles now," he said, still uncertain of their connection and even more oblivious as to whether or not Firefly might have been in Dahlia the last time they'd seen each other.

"You should all come inside, though. The border's no place for young children, now especially," he said, gesturing for them to follow. As with Valkyrie, while he was happy to see his family return, he half-wished they'd stayed away until the end of the conflict, safely out of the line of fire. "Dahlia and Inferni are at it again," he clarified as they walked. "So you're all coming back?" he wondered aloud after a pause.

Mediating between the boy and the other leaders would be a task, but he figured the sooner they got it out of the way, the better. He didn't disillusion himself into thinking the other two leaders would ever like the boy, but he hoped they'd at least tolerate him for Ryan and the children's sake--in much the same way he tolerated Hybrid and Samael for Inferni's sake. Besides, during their time of need could they really afford to turn away an able-bodied man with so much to fight for?
OOC: I guess we'll just make it DaVi since Anna is still busy.

He sighed softly, having wished that Firefly would have returned to Ireland with them, but there was little to complain about now. Everything had been dealt with and there was little to mourn for. He nodded absentmindedly towards the leader as he grinned. "Is she up to her ears in trouble still?" he wasn't sure if trouble found Firefly or if she found it but it did seemed to always be about when she was around. He shifted in his place, the drifting cold air meeting his fur and sending goosebumps across his flesh as he listened to the words of Ryan's father.

DaVinci smiled slightly, shifting his gaze over to where Ryan stood as he shook his head at Anselm. "Zana and Ryan still have to go back and let the crew know that we are here safe and sound.." He smiled at Ryan as he handed the smaller female pup back to her mother. He turned his eyes back towards Anselm as he frowned. "Why isn't the borders not safe?" He really wasn't even certain that Anselm knew of the rift between Gabriel and himself but he wasn't going to complain if one of the leaders was showing kindness. He wrapped Romeo back up in the cloak and hesitated a moment when Anselm spoke of the new war. He shook his head and sighed. "I hoped it would have ended the first time." Disappointment showed in his voice as he ran his fingers over the small puppy's nose as he watched as Zana began to prepare the horse for the trip back to the shore with Ryan and Juliet.

He was quiet a moment longer before he asked. "Are you certain?" his words hesitant as he looked back towards Ryan, though the trip to the harbor where the boat had been anchored wasn't far it would be the first time in moons that they had spent apart from eachother. Though he believed he could trust her father he wasn't so certain about being alone in the packlands without Zana or Ryan, but he was sure he could manage. He straightened his shoulders and looked straight to his new father in law as he spoke. "Sooner or later we will all be here, but for now it's just Romeo and I. Ryan and Zana have some unfinished business they wish to tend to.." His eyes shifted to the two women as he frowned slightly, still not liking this idea of the two of them with the small pup going off alone, even if it was only a few days ride away.
[html]

#words=357 Hope it's okay to powerplay them leaving now :3

Anselm turned back as the steel hybrid revealed that his daughter and youngest granddaughter would not be joining them. Oh, he said quietly, the simple syllable tainted by both disappointment and worry. Anselm was no more thrilled about the idea than DaVinci was; still, that the young man seemed genuinely perplexed by the situation earned him bonus points in the golden leader's book. Well, it's good to see your face, he addressed his daughter; you oughta hurry on up and get back to us as soon as possible, eh? Hopefully you're not too far off.. if you need us, don't hesitate to call for help, he told both females.

Once they'd shared farewells and departed, Anselm turned back to the other man. The guy had been nothing but respectful and decent since his arrival, but the Optio knew there was no sense in beating around the bush or postponing the inevitable. So I'm under the impression you ain't high up there on Kaena and Gabriel's lists, eh? he queried, though the question was largely rhetorical. I think it'd be best to get all that sorted out now, he said, gesturing again so DaVinci might follow him toward the caves. You obviously care about my daughter a lot 'n whether they like it or not, now you're family. I'll try to have your back here, but a lot of it's on you, he told the would-be Infernian.

Anselm was still pretty fuzzy on the details; when he'd returned to Inferni he'd learned of tensions between the clan and Phoenix Valley. He understood it had something to do with Ryan and DaVinci, though he'd never quite figured out why a young romance should be such an ordeal in the first place. Had the hybrid done something particular to piss the other leaders off? Anselm supposed whatever it had been was forgiveable (at least by the steel man's standards), or else he wouldn't be here trying his luck at all. As they neared the caves he gave a quick yowl, addressing the other two leaders alone: Check it out, it seemed to say; we've got two new family members here.

<style>
.anselm-t3 p {padding:0px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.anselm-t3 b {color:#d4a060; }
.anselm-t3-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.anselm-t3 {background-color:#493a26; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/tables/road.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:tahoma, helvetica, san-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ae9473; width:420px; text-align:justify; line-height:13px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Gabriel had not woke until Anselm’s loud yowl cut through his hazy dream, causing him to stir and rise sleepily to his feet. He was in a daze, now feeling the weight of the days upon them. It was something that he had expected, but not so soon. This war was dragging on without conflict, and that worried him. A storm was fast approaching, one he intended to face and destroy.

Unfortunately, what he was greeted with as “two new family members” was someone he did not wish to see. Almost instantly this became apparent in his body language, which tensed, and his face, which crinkled with displeasure. Trotting forward, the doggish hybrid eyed the steely coyote. Were it not for the child in his arms, or Anselm’s demeanor, he might have been just as vicious as he had the last time that the boy had seen Inferni’s Aquila.

“Jefferson wouldn’t take you back?” He asked snidely, his distaste for the younger man apparent.

<style>
.gabe-snarly p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.gabe-snarly b {color:#362C0F;}
.gabe-snarly-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px 0px; border-style: solid none solid none; border-color: #000000; border-width:1px; }
.gabe-snarly-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; }
.gabe-snarly {background-color:#9F936D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/gabebg.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: 'palatino linotype', georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#423C2A; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
table by sie
[/html]
DaVinci was silent as he watched the girls leave, his eyes slowly tracing back to where Anselm stood as he reassured him. "They will be back." A slight smile lingering on his lips. He had left long ago thinking that his past had been behind him and yet Ryan had returned out of the blue in a distant land with love in her heart still. For what she'd done he'd made the choice to put aside his views and return to Inferni with her. The gift of their children along the way had been a blessing and nothing more. He felt a tick of uncertainty though as Anselm called for the one man that could change all that.

He shifted slightly as he held his son close. He couldn't help but frown slightly towards his father in law as he thought of the truth the male had spoken. "There's been bad blood between our families for a long time.. It didn't start with me but I hope to finish it." He was tired of the hate between them and he wanted nothing more for a normal and happy life alongside Ryan. He'd go to hell and back just for those few moments of peace and it seemed that right now he was truly going to have to.

He felt his skin prick as Gabriel showed up on the scene a while later. He swallowed hard and straightened up as he watched the male watching him. The dislike that stood between them was more than apparent now, even before Gabriel spoke. His words stung but DaVinci was quiet, no snide remark given as he finally spoke. "Phoenix Valley isn't my home, it was my mothers. My home is where my mate is, and she choose Inferni." he cast his eyes to the ground as he held the whimpering squirming pup in his arms as he waited.
It didn't take much to figure out Gabriel was not pleased by DaVinci's appearance and briefly, Anselm was uncertain how to proceed. "He brought Ryan back," he said at last, simply and quietly. "I've got two more grandkids, Gabe," he said, the dark tip of his tail swaying twice behind him. "That little guy there is Romeo; Juliet is off with her mum. Zana's apparently doing alright, too, though she still has to attend to matters elsewhere," he explained, hoping the good news would help soften the edge.

Men always had the chance to go bad, he reckoned, but they also had the chance to do good. He was still oblivious as to what had transgressed in the past to make them tense up so, but above all else, he understood Inferni looked after their own. If the boy was willing to take care of his daughter and--in some sense--risk his life coming here to prove his loyalty to her, he thought the young man should be given a chance. Anselm anticipated no real problems; even if DaVinci had raised some hell as a boy he seemed alright now.

Ryan had chosen her heart over his home before and he had never been able to fault her for this decision; still, the thought of her wandering about with two small children in tow during these dire times was nearly enough to turn his stomach. The look in his gaze was obvious--For her? For me?
[html]

He saw her face in the silver-blue coyote, a coyote who to Gabriel was more wolf then he or Anselm ever would be. There was familiarity and contempt there, and it sickened him to think that after all he had done to erase that bloodline here it was, staring him in the face. Gabriel’s jaw tightened as he watched the young man pull the child close, knowing now that he would not be able to turn the blood away. Whatever else he believed in, Gabriel believed in blood. Apparently, DaVinci believed that his bond held the same—because Ryan had chosen Inferni, he was bound to it. Wonderful.

Even as Anselm spoke, only Gabriel’s ears turned to show he was listening. His eyes were focused on the face of the man who reminded him of a ghost. He could remember the young man as a boy, and he could remember the arrogance that clung to his coat. Though there was none of it present now, Gabriel did not doubt what he knew. “You’re an idiot,” the Aquila grunted, his upper lip pulling back. “And I don’t trust you. Just because you and Ryan have children isn’t going to change that.” Flicking one ear dismissively, the coy-wolf narrowed his eyes. “I’m placing you as Quintus until you prove otherwise. And for God’s sake, you keep that kid safe or I’ll put your head on a pike.” Finally, satisfied, Gabriel looked to his wolfish cousin. “He’s your responsibility.” With that, the charcoal brushed man was off, unwilling to spend more time around Inferni’s newest member.

<style>
.gabe-snarly p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.gabe-snarly b {color:#362C0F;}
.gabe-snarly-separator {text-align:center; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; margin:5px 0px; border-style: solid none solid none; border-color: #000000; border-width:1px; }
.gabe-snarly-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; }
.gabe-snarly {background-color:#9F936D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/gabebg.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: 'palatino linotype', georgia, serif; font-size:13px; color:#423C2A; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
table by sie
[/html]
He stood there quietly holding his son as the two leaders spoke. He knew that there was no reason to speak unless he was spoken to and he didn't believe that Gabriel really had anything to say to him. When words were finally thrown his way it was as he expected. His ears flattened slightly against his head as the insults were thrown but for once he held his breath and just let them slide over, something he was almost certain he would do time and time again in the presence of the clan's leader.

DaVinci couldn't help the slight rumble that rose from his throat though at the idea that he would fail at keeping his own child safe. He raised his eyes slightly to meet those of the leader but didn't speak. He knew it was useless to try and defend himself so he just stood there and waited. It didn't take too long for Gabriel to decide he had enough, or so DaVinci thought. He bowed his head low in acceptance for the rank that Gabriel had given him and watched the leader leave.

He was silent for a while before turning his stormy orbs back to Anselm as he tried to manage a smile as he asked. "That didn't go to badly now did it?" He only hoped that it got better the further in he dove.
[html]

WC: 361 Assuming it's okay to just wrap this up/fade out. x_x

In Character

Gabriel seemed mighty unimpressed and the hybrid couldn't help but wince as sharp words were exchanged. The leader was a passionate yet sensible man--to see him so riled up despite the (more or less) positive circumstances was a bit offsetting to the subordinate. Anselm was an independent thinker (and judger) to be sure, but there were frankly nil whose opinions he held higher than the doggish Aquila's; Kaena had always been a close second, but the war had seemingly rattled her to the core (something he'd only noticed in hindsight). Gabriel, however, had always been the unwavering pillar of stability. That confidence alone made it difficult to discredit any of his judgements, his intense dislike of DaVinci not withstanding.

Nonetheless, Gabriel had granted the steely hybrid permission to walk amongst their ranks. Anselm had lapsed into a contemplative silence and he barely remembered to give Gabriel a nod of gratitude as the dark-coated hybrid departed; he understood that DaVinci's acceptance had more to do with their own bond than anything that'd ever develop between the two "enemies." Fortunately for his own ass, he didn't anticipate any problems. His daughter's suitor had known to keep his mouth shut and in this situation that was the best any of them could ask for. DaVinci's voice drew him back into reality and he offered a meagre I guess with as much enthusiasm as he could muster (which, as with the younger man, wasn't necessarily much).

His head finally swung around to look at the young man; he supposed only time would tell how their story was to end and for now he was grateful that the page had been turned at all. Why don't I show you Ryan's old den? he queried, as finally the dire and dour aura that hovered around them began to dissipate. His daughter had returned! He couldn't wait until she was done with whatever she had to do--until then he could rest a little easier knowing that she was safe (and happy). With a smile and a flop of his tail that didn't feel so half-assed, he nodded to his company and began to lead the way.

<style>
.anselm-A01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.anselm-A01 b {color:#874002;}
.anselm-A01-separator {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; margin:0px 0px 2px 0px; color:#874002; padding-right:20px;}
.anselm-A01-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.anselm-A01 {background-color:#D3AE6A; padding:297px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/anselmtable.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:420px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]