reading rainbow
[html]

Oh, the winds are burning – ooc.
Here we go Shmeenessess! This is lame and not very flowy. <.<

Leaving me without a name – ic.
The southern part of the woods were claimed, that much the young girl knew already. In her few months spent away from Dahlia de Mai with her older brother, the neutral lands of Souls were often Bris' chosen areas of solitude. She loved her brother dearly, and he had been instrumental in helping the white female with her first change, but there were simply some days that the girl needed her privacy and air free of Drey's cynical comments and complete lack of faith in the world. Bris tended to be optimistic by nature, and butting heads with the older Stormbringer was a common occurance.

Arachnea's Revenge had become the young werewolf's favorite neutral territory. The lake in the center, with its surreal depths tinted an impossible shade of cobalt, had proven an inescapable capivator of her curiosity. Even now, the girl sat in her fully shifted optime form on the water's edge, one footpaw draped precariously in the frosted grass on the outskirts of its clutches. The water itself was beginning to freeze in the frigid midwinter air, but its color still permeated its depths. The satchel Bris' older sister Kol had given her lay beside her left hip, its soft material poked in several places by the corners of the several books it contained within it. One of those books lay open in the young female's snowy lap, its yellowed pages still lovingly maintained despite its wear.

Jack London had become one of Bris' favorite writers as she'd found herself able to read increasingly more complex works. Her current choice, White Fang, still contained words and phrases that were a little beyond her skill level, and her beloved dictionary sat beside her right hip where she could easily flip through its pages. Sunlight spilled through the naked trees, warming the girl's snowy white body as she spent the late morning devouring the pages, her senses dulled to the outside world as she lost herself in the magic of her beloved book.

Table by me!

[/html]
[html]

ooc- Sorry it took me a couple of days <3. Had one of those runs where my sleeping schedule got all screwy xX. Wooo this turned out long! XD

word count: 732

-------------------------------------------------------------

Cerridwyn had not expected to find herself wandering out of Phoenix Valley so soon after being welcomed in. One would assume that she would thoroughly explore what was now her home territory before prancing off to explore the surrounding territories. It wasn't that she didn't care for Phoenix Valley, or that she didn't want to see the whole territory. It was that she was on a mission, though to see her walk slowly through the barren forest, chocolate eyes alighting on this and that, one would think she was simply exploring. She was searching for something, though she didn't quite know what. What the tri-color wolf-dog did know was that she needed to be deeper in the forest before she found it.

In her old home, she had kept dozens of random objects, things that would seem to be of no real value. Oddly colored stones, dead butterflies, particularly interesting sticks or leaves, that sort of thing. It was items in this line of thinking that she was looking for, just any random bit of this or that which might pop out at her. Random debris like this which others might never even take notice of often either held power or were otherwise useful in rituals or spellwork.

The beads in her mane rustled gently as she walked quietly over the snow, her leather purse (lifted from the cabin she'd been taken to her first day; no one seemed to own the thing and she didn't think it would be missed), looped around her neck and one arm, whispering against her ivory hip. Rounding a particularly large, leafless maple, she smiled softly as something caught her eye. It was nothing but a branch, laying half-covered in snow, but it was the perfect size and she liked the pattern of the birch wood from which it was composed -- plus birch meant rebirth, renewal, new beginnings, and she thought this was fitting. Cerridwyn picked it up, brushed the snow from it, and whispered a soft thanks to Danu before stripping the smaller twigs from it. It stood just four inches above her eight-and-a-half-foot frame, and fit snugly in her hand. In addition, the top of the branch split into a near-symmetrical V, which meant that it could be used as a stang, and the saddled female liked this idea very much. She would cleanse and bless it when she returned to her thicket.

For good measure, she stripped a good bit of bark from another fallen branch and slipped it into her pouch. Birch was good for healing rituals, and when ingested the inner bark was a decent pain reliever, and she would be well to keep it on hand until she found some willow. She already had a pretty good stash back in her bush, but she continued to collect it as she could. This done, the collie-mix continued on, using her soon-to-be-stang as a walking stick. Before long she made it to the center of this particular territory, though she wasn't aware of this. She breathed deeply the scent of the almost-frozen water; there must be a lake nearby. Cerridwyn continued in that direction. Bodies of water tended to hold interesting knick-knacks.

She never would have seen the wolfess sitting on the bank if she hadn't scented her first; the stranger's fur was the perfect silvery-white to blend in with the snow around her. Another shifter, she sat hunched over something, though what it was Cerridwyn could not see for she was approaching from the rear. The area must be rife with shifters, and this never ceased to astound the backwater canine. She still burned with questions about this topic, but had yet to encounter anyone whom she trusted enough not to think her crazy or naive for asking such things.

She circled around so as to approach this female from the side; it was rude to appraoch a stranger from behind, not to mention dangerous in some cases, though she didn't think it would be in this one. Within feet of the female, she paused, leaning on her birch staff. "'Ello there," she intoned softly, her lilting accent lending a sing-song quality to her words. The white woman had an object on her lap which she seemed to be studying intently. Cerridwyn nodded her masked face toward the object. "Wot is it ye've got there, iffen y'dont mind my askin'?"

table credit titmouse

[/html]
[html]
I fail at life. I totally thought I'd replied already. x.x<3333333

If everyone cared and nobody cried.

The stranger had made her pressence known before coming close enough to be considered a threat, but Bris had tensed at first regardless. Being raised in an atmosphere of conflict, only to be thrown into conflict yet again when she'd chosen a life and home of her own, had instilled a deep sense of wariness and caution in the young girl. Though she hadn't looked up from her book at the other woman's arrival, the friendliness of her tone and her strange and musical accent caused a slight relaxation in Bris' posture. However, if the accent had surprised her, it was the stranger's appearance that truly fascinated her.

The woman's coat was like nothing Bris had ever seen before. Oh it was wolfish enough, but it was long and flowing, and in colors of white and cream and brown that held a mottled softness in their shading. One ear was slightly drooped, a quality the wolf girl was definitely seeing for the first time. There were very few, if any, mixed breeds in the Stormbringer homeland of Solbjorg Valley, and yet it seemed that since arriving in Souls the girl had come across countless types of odd-looking wolves. She had to admit though, that this exotically beautiful woman was definitely the most different-looking female she'd ever seen.

Polite enough not to openly stare, yet fascinated enough that a decent length of time had passed, Bris finally remembered her manners. "Oh! It's a book called 'White Fang,' by a human author named Jack London. From what I know of him, he lived a long while ago when the humans were still abundant. He seems to have been fascinated with lands very similar to these ones, though a bit harsher and colder in climate. His thoughts and stories about what seem to be our ancient ancestors are intriguing, if not insightful." In truth, she'd thought the man's words and theories to be insulting at first, but after reading more of his stories, she'd come to understand that his kind had just never come to understand the way of things, particularly the creatures they shared the world with. After awhile, Bris had come to believe that London's stories seemed to be trying to help in that understanding, not undermine it. "Do you read miss? Feel free to join me, if you'd like. My name is Bris." She smiled warmly as she introduced herself, hoping the fascinating woman would stay for awhile and perhaps answer some inner questions the girl was currently thinking. Who was she? Where was she from? Most intriguingly: how had she come to possess such an exotic appearance? Was she a mixed breed, or had wolves where she hailed from somehow changed dramatically? Bris had very little experience with dogs and wolves mixed with them, and any that she'd come across had already been very wolf-like in appearance. This woman was an enigma to her.

If everyone loved and nobody lied.

Table by Gina!
[/html]
ooc- It's okay, I fail back XD. Omfg, Sie is evil and dredged this up. I cried all over again! ;.;

ic- The silvery female's muscle contractions did not escape Cerridwyn's notice, but she relaxed again just as quickly, and the collie-mix was immediately sorry for startling her. She raised an eyebrow as the seated canine seemed to stare for a moment, but only for a moment, not enough to be rude. Cerridwyn could not hold that against her; she supposed there was something about herself that the snowy wolfess was unaccustomed to seeing. Danu knew she had stared just a little too long like that at Jefferson when he'd greeted her at Phoenix Valley's borders.

As the white woman, friendly enough, explained what it was she had in her lap, Cerridwyn opened her mouth and then closed it again, to stare blankly at her. She had no earthly idea what the girl was talking about. She got a very thoughtful look on her face as she settled on her knees next to the female, laying her stang at her side. The priestess looked her in the eye and with a very serious expression said, "I've nae an idea wot yer talkin' 'bout, miss."

She cracked a little bit of a smile as she did make a few connections in her head. "M'name's Cerridwyn, an' thank ye for invitin' me t'join ye. I think yer humans may be wot we called Fomorians in my tribe, though they weren' big storytellers t'my knowledge. Tha' thing y'got in yer lap there, then, it tells ye stories some'ow? Wot d'ye mean exactly, do I read? I read the stars an' the seasons, an' th' signs Danu gives me, bu' some'ow I dun think that's wot y'mean." She laughed a little at herself. "Sorry, I mus' seem awful ign'rant to ye."