Joining!
OOC:
◦Character Name: Echo Wolf
◦Character Birthdate (including year): May 5th, 2008
◦Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Yes, Echo is Luperci.
◦Species: Canis Lupus (grey wolf)
◦Gender:Male
◦A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): I have an MSN and a yahoo.
◦How you found 'Souls: I saw 'Souls as I was looking for a good RPG.
◦3 Roleplaying Examples OR fill out your profile: Appearance: A dark grey wolf with golden eyes. He has a few battle scars on his body, and one on his left eye lid. He most prefers being in his Optime form. In the secui form, he is about 56 inches tall, and 10.2 feet long. In Lupus, he is 37 inches tall, and about 6.6 feet long.
IC:
One fine day, Echo traveled across a green prairie. He was in search of a tribe he had heard so much about from his friend. The grey wolf, carrying with him his battle scars he had earned over a recent battle from another wolf, raced across the prairie, looking for someone, or something. As he was running, he thought to himself, “Where am I going? Who will I meet? Will they be friendly, or will they harm me?” This troubled the wolf for quite some time, and he wasn’t sure if he was ready, or worthy enough to join such a tribe. He sat down for a moment and thought once again, “If I do not continue on my small journey, I will have no other choice but to withstand the cold, and suffer for another day I must continue if I wish to survive.” The grey wolf then turned towards the forest he had just exited starring at it with his golden eyes, “shall I go back or shall I stand my ground?” He couldn’t decide. Finally the grey wolf with golden eyes decided to wait for someone. He began to think of his father, and this troubled him the most. He lost his father at an early age, and was afraid what had happened to him. In the end, he got over the matter and decided to keep going on his journey.
[html]

Word Count: 300

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

He was restless. Winter had taken its toll on the weight that was never releasing his shoulders, always lying on top of him and forcing him downwards. To him, it had all started with Ember, unsettling him, and he had never recovered. Occasionally, his thoughts went back to that event, and wondered whether there were things he could have done otherwise, then, and after, in his relation to the female. Every time, he ended the line of thought with a sigh and the shake of his head, and an escape in the form of physical exasterbation had risen out of his usual chores. Now, he allowed his legs to carry him around and around the borders to a near obsessive extent. Every day, several rounds around it, and so far it had proved fruitful in many ways. He had found a way to ease his mind, for when the pains of the flesh and achings of muscles grew prominent enough, he had no energy left to adress his worries. Problem solved.

His nostrils picked up the scent of a stranger, and his legs turned in the direction of it automatically. Many strangers had appeared along his borders lately, some familiar to him, some strangers, but all were positive surprises. Some of those he had allowed to live among them had yet to prove themselves completely to the Chief, but he had faith in them. It didn't take him long to come closer to the stranger, and he smiled as he approached him, waving his hand gently in a greeting. Once close enough for conversation, the red wolf male introduced himself, and inquired for the male's purpose here. "Greetings. These borders belong to the tribe of AniWaya, one which I am the Chief of. Have you come seeking anyone in particular?"

[/html]
Word count: 204 words

OOC: Wow! You reply fast!
IC:
Echo turned towards the red wolf. At first he thought the wolf was his friend, but after hearing what the wolf had said, he grew very excited. “Thank goodness I found the packs leader!” he said, “My name is Echo, and I wish to join your pack, the AniWaya”. After saying this, he stepped a few feet back. He was scared the wolf might reject him. He had not had any food for quite awhile and his stomach was growling. His legs began to hurt, and he felt very tired. He thought to himself, “If I am allowed into the AniWaya I will meet many friends, but I have no idea if I am worthy of them”. The young wolf was sure he was old enough to join the pack, and was a bit confident with the decision to leave his home to join a safer, friendlier place. If his father were here, he would have been proud of him. He soon spoke a bit more, “I have heard much about your pack from a friend of mine”. Echo was now more at ease and finally smiled at the red wolf with confidence.
[html]

Hehe, joining threads are a priority, that's why!

I would like you to consider some aspects of your post: when the pack is called "AniWaya", it is grammaically wrong to write "the AniWaya". It would be the same as saying "the America", you see? But what you could write, is the same sentences, but without the "the". Also you should differ between spoken dialogue and inwardly thought dialogue (in the post you have both between "these symbols" which can be confusing to the reader). To better mark the spoken words, for example, you could write it like this: [b]"Spoken text"[/b]. Then it's bolded, and much easier for us to distinguish from the rest of the text, and the thinking Smile

Word Count: 314

Dawali, having already guessed the male's purpose, nodded as he usually did and waited a moment before he replied. He studied the male, trying to find clues as to which skills or professions the other could have. Sometimes, the physique and general appearance of someone could tell him a lot; it was, for example, quite easy to see from his own appearance that he was active, that he was nimble, and that he was careful about what he did. Such clues was what he searched for in the other, but it was hard to tell when someone was a complete stranger. The only thing he could tell with absolute certainty was that he had traveled for some time, as he appeared hungry and fatigued. A growl from Echo's stomach confirmed this, but Dawali did not comment on it. Some found such things embarrassing, and he was not out to embarrass anyone. "I see. A place in our ranks could be offered; what skills do you have to offer us in return?" Growing more and more formal with strangers at the borders, Dawali wondered if it was all of him that was growing sterner with age, or if it was the recent stress that was tugging at him. He couldn't know, but time certainly would tell.

Echo mentioned he had a friend with knowledge on the tribe, and Dawali's ears perked upwards with interest almost instantly. So, he had a friend from these regions? If this was someone who had stayed in AniWaya, Dawali would surely know them, and well. Smiling politely, Dawali was deeply curious, and his hands moved in vague patterns as he continued to ask the male about this "friend". "You have a friend from here? Perhaps I know him — what is his name?". Openly curious, Dawali's face expressed this willingly, but he endured the wait from question to answer with patience.

[/html]
OOC: Sorry for the late post! Ijust edited the post :3 Should be alright. Thanks Marit <3 you rock <3 It's awesome to be doing an RP with you. ^^

Echo hadn’t seen his good friend for awhile, and did not remember his name. This made him feel a bit shy because he didn't want to dissapoint the red wolf. To him, the red wolf seemed like a brother, and he did not want to let such a close friend down. So resolve his depression, be paid closer attention to the red wolf's second question. He thought for a moment and then replied, “Thank you sir, I am an experienced fighter. I have fought an old enemy who tried to attack my long lost father’s territory before I left in search of you. I bring my fighting skills and I am also a very fast wolf. I am stealthy and if wounded, I sometimes use my speed to get out of a fight. I may prove to be a useful warrior. My father taught me well before he disappeared.” After saying all this, Echo was breathless and very hungry. But he was proud of his skills and he wanted to let such an important wolf know what an accomplished fighter and hunter he was. He was so confident that he was no longer shy or scared of the red wolf anymore. He continued with the second question, “I beg for forgiveness but... I have not seen my friend in awhile, and must have forgotten his name". After saying everything, Echo became very tired. He looked up a bit, and spotted an eagle. He looked towards the open plains and thought of these new lands as his new home. He was very thankful to the red wolf, and promised himself to always be by his side when he was needed.
[html]

I have requested you titled. You can now make threads and such, and reply to all-welcome threads marked with "AW" or "all welcome". There are some in AniWaya already; perhaps you would want to pick up one of those? Smile Threads marked with "p" are private, and unless they are marked for you, you should not post in them. But you can read them! If you make a thread for someone specific, remember to mark it with "p" or "private" and their name, so no one else just takes it. Remember to ask people if it's ok before making threads for them, too! Smile

Word Count: 289

The red wolf listened and studied the male all the same. He seemed weary and had probably come a long way, though he was happy to elaborate on skills and useful traits he might have. Dawali's ears moved at random as he processed the words and considered them in his mind. A good fighter and a good hunter was always useful, and in these times perhaps such skills were what they needed the most. Even though they were not in fact involved in the war, being prepared had never hurt anyone. Dawali nodded and his hand moved to rest on his hip. "Your skills are certainly useful to us." He didn't say anything else than this. It was unimportant chatter, and Dawali wanted to move this along. Curious, he waited for the answer to his second question, but when he heard it he was slightly disappointed, though it didn't show. Smiling politely, he nodded at the male, though secretly wondered how close they had been if he could not remember his name. "Oh well." It didn't matter at all, though it was kind of flattering that he had heard about them and traveled so far to get here. Still, the Chief didn't know how to adress that, so he simply moved on.

"I have no objections to your joining our ranks; the village is that way," he said, pointing westward and a little to the south. "Make yourself at home, Echo." The Chief stood where he was, having no intention of going back to the village as well. He wished to continue his walk now, and in solitude. Still, he was smiling at the fresh pack member. He was not unfriendly just because he wanted to be alone sometimes.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.