common sound of a common girl
The white wolfess sat in the old barn that was not too far from the manor. She sat upon the bottom step of the ascending stair to the top floor as she watched a horse eat some free straw. The sound of it munching on the light brown source of food was slightly annoying, but it was a normal thing, since it was the only way to chew and eat food for the horse. The horse was a brown color, but it was darker on the hair and the tail, eyes a normal darkest brown, almost black. The horse, so far had no owner, so it was a free to have, but Flayra wasn't someone to claim things.

The girl stood and and walked to it's stable quarter, leaning forward on the door as she continued to watch the animal eat more of the hay. The horse looked up at the wolfess, but only for a moment and went back to eating. The girl smiled lightly. The snow outside was a light fall, but it was cold out there. Not to mention, it's easy to get lost with all the foggy build up outside. She didn't hear any breezy sounds outside, maybe it was safe, but still stayed inside from the cold, at least till it stopped snowing for now.
[html]
wc: 311

Colibri padded lightly along the snow, her earth-brown fur a bold contrast against the white landscape. She was trying to explore a little, even though it did make her nervous to be meeting the wolves she shared her new home with. She hadn't gotten a chance to speak with Princess after the pack gathering, although it would have been nice to meet the former Dahlian and ask her some questions. The war was a terrible prospect, and they both had family there.

She exhaled a sigh, blue eyes lingering on the manor behind her. It was somewhat tempting to merely remain indoors all day, safe in the haven of her room. Anu came and went throughout the day; she would surely stop in and spend some quality time with her roommate... but no, she wasn't trying to relive her hermit ways. Just because she was socially inept, she shouldn't cloister herself away from the world...

The frail Optime found herself studying the shape of a windmill, covered in snow and frozen in place. There was a barn nearby it, faded red paint masked by frost and peeling with age. Coli didn't see any pawprints leading to or from the abandoned farmstead - if someone had come to visit it, the wind had chased their trail away, leaving a blank sheet of snow behind them.

Her tail stub twitched behind her, realizing the barn might have rodents dwelling in it. Since she'd lost her tail, it had been difficult to hunt for herself. She had regained her strength, but not her balance or confidence. Perhaps she could do some small game hunting without anyone noticing. She slipped quietly in through the threshold, brushing the snowflakes from her arms and mane as she waited to let her eyes adjust. The dim lighting made it not immediately obvious that there was someone else there...
[/html]
A some rats ran across the framework that held the barn wall up. The horse was bothered or startled by them, since it was preoccupied with eating. It then moved over to the water trough, gulping down some mouthfuls of water. It then moved over to the white wolfess, hoping that the girl would groom the mayor. Flayra reached a paw up and patted and rubbed the horse head, the horse accepting it. Flayra smiled lightly as she moved to under its chin, before stopping as the horse walked away to lie down on the hay covered patch.

Light gray ears perked up as the girl heard the door open. Looking over, she noticed someone come in, but didn't seem to notice the young wolfess standing near the stable. Flayra was hoping that someone would come to chat with her. She was afraid she would have to talk to the horse just to keep a conversation going. She laughed under her breathe at the thought, but still looked in the direction of the door.
[html]
wc: 204

Colibri inhaled the warm scent of the barn, the reassuring sweetness of hay, soured slightly by a musty odor of decay. She had never been in a barn before. Was it so surprising, then, that the large deer-like animal took her completely by surprise? The shadowy creature was laying on its belly within a small wooden room - cubicle? stall? - its dark eyes gleaming in the white light from the wintry outdoors. Coli stood stock still, her heart racing in her chest, ready to flee if the beast stood. It had the scent of a doe, and it was probably a prey creature, but stocky, more muscular than one she had ever seen. Did the Crimson Dreams pack domesticate their prey? She'd heard stories of nomads traveling alongside herds of caribou, but she knew nothing about building them little rooms to live in during the winter. It was then that the slight figure caught her attention - white, or light grey, a slim werewolf about her age. Coli flinched visibly, realizing she had been stared at the whole time. "...S... Sorry to disturb you," she swallowed, edging awkwardly back toward the doorway. No point in looking for rats now, not with an audience.
[/html]
Blue eyes looked upon the stranger that entered the barn. From the sight, it looked like a female. The young girl had met many, but this one was new to her. Warm chocolatey brown was very similar to Haku's fur, eyes were blue as well. Seeing the female, the girl made no movement, but the stranger did, backing up to the door of the barn. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I'm a Dreamer too."

Turning back to the horse lying on the hay patch, the girl then thought of a good name for the animal. Garden Runner. It was a good name for the creature, since the girl was a flower type. "So, what brings you out here on a cold day?" she directed her question to the other female that just came in, turning her head back to her.
[html]
wc: 219

Coli hesitated for a moment, studying the stranger before her. Did the girl want to talk to her? That was... surprising. The wolves really were friendly here, friendlier than she was used to. She angled her ears back with mild embarrassment at her timid reaction, and nudged the barn door closed with her footpaw. No need to let the warmer air leak outdoors, when they could be a little more comfortable in here.

"...Ah, my name is Colibri Haki," she murmured after a moment, offering a shy smile. It wasn't meeting a new packmate that had her nervous, it was seeing the unfamiliar ungulate prostrate amidst the dusty straw. The beast barely flicked its ears as they spoke, though, so it did not appear agitated or territorial in any way. Docile was good. She took a hesitant step forward, casting a lingering glance on the animal before meeting the pale-furred female's gaze.

"It's nice to meet you... I haven't been here long," she added, stating the obvious. She had visited before, but never more than an afternoon. Still... it felt like she could be here forever. It was safe here. "I was just exploring, I suppose. And you...?" Coli tilted her head, blue eyes hesitant but curious. Did this female live in the barn? It didn't seem very... wolfy.

[/html]
The girl took a quick gaze at the wolfess that came into the barn. From what she looked like, she was not that much old than the young girl. The only thing they had in common it seemed was that their eyes were blue and that they both were Dreamers. She met nearly half of the total wolves here in Crimson Dreams, and this female here was gonna be another one, not that the young girl was complaining.

The brown colored female had shyness in her voice. It was normal for when you meet new people to be shy and nervous. Sometimes, there is no need to be. The girl stood there doing no action as the brown wolfess gave her name. "I'm Flayra Zazkex. It's nice to meet you too. For why I'm here, I could say the same. Exploring."
[html]
wc: 216

Flay-rah Zaz-kex. Coli silently committed the name to memory, pleased that the female was friendly. It was an ironic coincidence that neither was aware of; they had both been Dahlians together at the same time, but Flayra left soon after Colibri arrived. They did not cross paths, or if they had, Coli did not remember the small pup. There had been many other things weighing on her mind, such as Firefly being pregnant with her half-siblings... and Flayra was surely distracted by the cruel combination of Svara and Haku. Both girls had been a bit unlucky with the normally peaceful pack...

"Exploring... Have you found anything good here?" Coli asked with a faint smile, relaxing her posture. She had been involved in a small hunt already, with her Anu and several others. That was somewhat exciting, rather new to her, even if she hadn't helped much after all. It was best to focus on recent events, rather than letting her mind regress back to the fearful state it had been before Crimson Dreams. Her tail stub stirred slightly behind her, hardly visible from the front. It was still embarrassing to her, an ugly reminder of her unfortunate lineage. "...I think I like it so far. The leaders are gentle and understanding." Motherly, was a good adjective.

[/html]
Flayra had been no longer referred as an ex-Dahlia. She wanted no memory of Haku. He was just another blur, another being with no right of existence, yet he walks this earth. Nature's abomination it seemed, yet his life was not taken. It should be erased, with no trace of him ever being alive. He already caused so much damage to the girl and, undoubtedly, many others and probably the cause of this whole war.

What was the girl to say, she couldn't do anything about it. Nature would have to rid of him herself. She looked to the female, showing no sign that Haku crossed her mind, giving a friendly smile as the girl was asked a question. "Well, this horse and you." For the pack itself, it was the place that the girl could call home, no where else. It should have been home from the beginning. "I can call it home. Nature is everywhere here."
[html]
wc: 259

Nature is everywhere. Yes, she had noticed it too -- there was something so idyllic here, such a haven from the outside world. Colibri couldn't pinpoint whether it was the inland seclusion of the territory that made it so lush and fragrant, or perhaps the gentle guidance of a gardener's touch that made the flowers bloom so beautifully in the warmer seasons. It could just be the poetic observations of a girl in love, since Coli's reason to be here was always her Anu. Regardless of the true reason, this land already felt safe, felt like the right place to be. It was a feeling she could not remember having before, not in her mother's pack, not in Clouded Tears, not wandering with Cercelee as pups. "...It's so perfect here. I can't wait for the snow to melt," she confessed, relaxing against the rickety wooden wall of the stable. Winter had its own delicate, crystalline beauty, but she was a gardener at heart, and greatly anticipated growing things alongside her lover. "I'd like this to be my home as well. It feels like a place I could grow old in." Flayra wouldn't know, but Colibri had never assumed she would grow old before; it had always been her assumption that she would fade and be forgotten before her time. Death had followed at her heels several times now, but always she was spared from a premature grave. It was optimism that her new life had granted her; hope and ambition, to live life the way she was supposed to.
[/html]
Flayra had to agree with the brown female. It would be a different world when the snow was gone and the warmth was upon them. With the beauty of the pack land hidden away from the world because of the snow, there wasn't much life about it. However, when spring or summer was here, well, that would be a different story.

Flayra then laughed lightly as she heard what Coli said about growing old. Yeah, this land was a perfect place, second to Phoenix Valley. She had seen the Valley's beauty and compared it to Crimson Dreams. They were the same, but the Dreamers land had more flowers. She'd rather be... where there was a lot of nature. "Yeah, I could say the same. However, I wouldn't say, grow old. I'd say, become one and forever with nature."