endpoint, line one
Firefly had grown restless in remaining in the pack’s lands but there was not much she could do at the moment. She had no clue what was going to happen next but right now all she wanted was to get out and find something to keep her occupied. She had still kept shy of Jac, not for any real reason, when she’d last seen him he hadn’t seemed so thorny towards her but the memory of the recent events still stung and she didn’t want to chance her luck. Instead the Lady had gone out to the sea again to watch the stormy tides turn and to think. She had too much time to herself lately and she just needed to get out and find something or someone to keep her mood from souring.

She sighed, wondering if she could find Haven and tag along his patrols but she didn’t move just yet. She didn’t know why but she wasn’t ready to give up on the spot, even if she was going crazy being cooped up with nothing but her thoughts and emotions. Her eyes slowly drew back to the clifftop where her friend had taken her own life before a shiver ran down her spine. She quickly looked away, not wanting to linger on anymore sad memories.
[html]

OOC: Whee fun ness stuff Big Grin

WC:349

He decided to take the time to get away from his sister, hoping for once she would keep out of trouble, he was sure she would… right? Yeah, she was tucked up reading some of the books she’d found, that girl could always find something to read. He wasn’t fond of the sea itself, but for some reason his feet took him straight there. It was a beautiful sight… as long as he wasn’t on a boat. He breathed in the salty air, and listened as the waves moved back and forth along the shore, and couldn’t help but feel calmed by everything. He smiled slightly, back where they lived, they did live near the ocean, but he usually kept away from it, since it was dangerous where he came from. Just then something caught his eye a bit of brown and gold along the white, and spotted the wolf that greeted them with Jac, she seemed rather unnerved by the king, but he didn’t want to get into her business. She seemed deep in thought at the moment and he wasn’t sure he should bother her, but with a flick of his tail he decided to at least get to know her more, considering she was a part of the pack. He walked up to her and bowed his head

”Hey, I remember you,”

He said rather sheepishly, he was not very good with greetings, and unlike his sister he was more wary, what she didn’t see, he did, and it’d gotten him in a few scrapes.

”I hope you don’t mind me being here, I needed to get away, and saw you here, figured I’d… get to know you? If you don’t want me here, I’ll leave”

He said, he felt so paranoid not sure if she was there to be alone, of coarse she probably was, not many come to the beach in the dead of winter. It was brittly cold for his own taste. He’d come from a much warmer region, and it’d been the first time he’d ever seen ice much less snow.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
She had been so deep in thought that she didn't even realize when someone had showed up to save her from the thoughts that were eating at her. She flicked her ears back in alarm as the voice greeted her, her head snapping back quickly to find who it belonged to. It took her a second to recognize the boy, the quiet one out of the two that had showed up on the shore, following stories from the journal of one of Jacquez's sailors. She relaxed slightly when she was able to place a face on the character before she shifted her weight back to get more comfortable before she finally spoke. "Yes, I'm Firefly." She figured that he had probably forgotten her name already if he had even bothered to learn it. "and you would be Niro.." she didn't go on to comment about his sister though the thought filtered through her mind.

She offered nothing to his suggestion that he was bothering her. She didn't own the shore and he lived here now. She let the sound of the tide pull at the silence for a while before she finally asked. "Why would you want to get to know me?" She wasn't crabby or sharp tongued like normal, instead she was just slightly amused. She hadn't offered much of a friendly air when she'd realized that they were here to follow the king and make him even more of an airhead than he already was. She had worked hard to keep the king from preening and strutting, to a degree and now here were new playthings to view him as a hero. Just another irritation in her life.
[html]

WC 263

He took a step back when he gave her a small fright, but she seemed to calm down, although didn’t look any more pleased than normal but she did start talking, which relieved Niro. He remained passive as he listened to her, and was feeling rather awkward through the short silence until her question came up and hit him in the face, but he already knew the answer to that.

“Well… you can see right through my sisters… oddity.”

He said, he wasn’t sure what to call his sisters fantasies,and that was the best he could come up with without being horrible about her, he did love her for all that she was and he knew she was much more than just a bookworm who took them way too seriously.

“I mean she has a good head on her shoulders, really,”

He said absentmindedly remembering what Firefly had said to Orin, he was a little upset about it, but the time wore away the anger, and he knew she had a fine point about it there was no denying that and that might have been the main reason why he even approached her in the first place.

”So, that’s worth getting to know you if anything, I need someone who has a little more than book sense if you know what I mean.”

He cracked a small smile at the joke, hoping she’d get it. He was not at all use company or being company for that matter, he’d always just been there to look out for his sister.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
Firefly couldn't help the undignified snort that erupted when the boy began to explain himself. So her point on his sibling had been taken by one at least. She shifted her weight as she cross her arms and raised a brow at the boy. "No one said you had to try and convince me of her sanity." Firefly wouldn't admit it but she had seen the new figure in the pack as one who would encroach upon her space and cause friction in the easy lifestyle Firefly had come to know within the pack. Everyone knew who she was and they knew how she was. They stayed out of the way or got a tongue lashing. She didn't like having to train new creatures and she really hadn't liked the out of this world the new woman had taken upon finding truth in her book.

She couldn't help but smile slightly as she gave up and admitted. "Ok, so you got me. I don't like to play the little imaginary games. Life's hard enough without some pathetic attempt to find happiness in something that doesn't exist." She really was a simple creature. She had her vices and she had her ways. She was happy if things were rolling right and her moods switched when things were not going her way. She eyed the boy for a second before she asked. "So why did you follow her on this fantasy if you knew there was chance it would result in nothing more than her realizing that not everything in books was real." She probably already knew the answer. Hadn't she followed after DaVinci time and time again.
[html]

WC: 281

He looked at firefly for a second then back out to the endless ocean, shrugging when she mentioned proving Orins Sanity, well he couldn’t convince the world it didn’t matter to him, he knew her well enough to understand how she worked, and Firefly seemed to not really care much as it was. He was glad she did start talking though, the new voice on his ears was making him feel a little better about leaving home and coming with his sister, needless to say he’d have left anyway. But finding someone he could actually look up to seemed to make it all worth while. Upon her question he took his time answering, he already had it, but just thinking that their parents were gone, any family they had was scattered or unknown or gone as well, gave him a slight lump in his throat rendering him unable to speak.

”I’m all she’s got, I’ve got to protect her.”

He said not meeting his elders eyes. He knew just as well she was all he had, and he couldn’t bare losing her to something stupid she’d done.

”I don’t believe in everything she said, but… this beats back home, it was every wolf for himself. Nothing but chaos, so this is better than nothing.”

His eyes moved over to the sky where he saw some gulls fighting amongst themselves over something freshly caught. He hated thinking about where he use to be, he was now, and it was so far much better than he could have actually imagined, and he only believed it because he was experiencing it, which made him feel like he was actually dreaming at that moment.

Firefly was quiet a moment as the male spoke. She knew she could give him some snippity comment on how family wasn't everything, which in her eyes it wasn't, though she'd followed her own sibling to distant shores like a little lost puppy. She shifted her gaze away as she spoke. "You know, Jac did sail the seas and sow his own stories. He took my brother and me to Ireland and back once." She knew that she was doing his sister injustice in acting like she was crazy, but she didn't like seeing someone else with Jac's attention, even if she'd been out of his favor for some weeks, and with reason. Her words drifted on the breeze for a moment before she fell silent again, her gaze taking into the sea that had bore so many of them to these lands.

She didn't speak for a while, taking in the last of his words, knowing from Jac that they were true. Firefly shrugged slightly as she admitted. "I can't blame you for wanting a fresh start.." She wished she could find a fresh start but she knew that she would never leave the pack now. Even if there was nothing but bad blood between Jac and herself from here on out she couldn't leave even if she wanted to. She let her mind linger on the thoughts for a moment before she swallowed back the emotions that were threatening to choke her.

Her hard green orbs flickered back to the male as she asked. "I don't know.. you'll probably regret it all after a few months of the cold winters here." A slight smirk on her lips, some ill hope that the weather would chase off his strange sister soon enough. She didn't think she'd mind the boy much, the quiet strong males didn't bother her, and the pack seemed full of them, but the overly bright and bubbly women, they were another story.
[html]

WC: 220

He smiled knowing some of what his sister did read and know had some truth, he just had to have the common sense to know what wasn’t the truth in the real world. He nodded listening to her, and moving his feet along the snow next to him, it was cold, but he figured he’d get use to It, after all he was born in the warm climate but his fur was made for the winter. He smiled at her last comment.

it’s the first time I’ve really been this cold, but I have to say It’s not all as bad as I thought it would be, not like the rains on the ocean, I’d rather be cold with snow than soaking wet with freezing rain.

he said as he picked up a glob of snow in his paws and started shaping it a little, it was still amazing how the world could do what it did, snow seemed so utterly impossible, he’s seen water, and ice, and well he thought snow would be something like the ice, unshapable, but as he rolled his hands over the snowball he was wrong about a lot of things, there was an in between,

I think I could get use to it,

He said confidently, tossing the ball from paw to paw.