Darkest before the Dawn
[html]

When it came to conquering, there were basically two things men seemed to be interested in; land, power and women. Okay, so three. Anann could help but laugh. So it is women then, that capture your king's attention. I pray he isn't forceful? She asked the question, rather jokingly. Still was something she should know, but she figured Heath would have already warned her of such things. Kings often preferred the women who openly throw themselves at them anyway, or so she imagined.

Upon Heath catching the pouch, dark brown eyes watched him. Reading his face, trying to guess what he might be thinking. She worried she had gone too far. She had only just meet the man after traveling weeks on end. Her horse had out right attacked him, although had Rem actually meant any harm things would have wound up quite different she imagined. Any worry that may have daunted her features vanished at his answer, her face beaming. At least she had one issue solved. It was great burden off her shoulders knowing there was a food supply for Rem. She could take care of herself.

Anann got on her feet as well, taking a couple steps forward. Thank you. She said simply but earnestly. She shrugged, looking around her. I have no plans, dark orbs falling back to his face. Perhaps you have time today? If not, just name it. I'm sure I can find time. Her tail swayed gently behind her. She had worried and fretted about settling into a new home. It was something she had never done before. It was reassuring that she seemed to be making a friend already. Um, my packs. I'll only need a few things until I get settle in. Any chance I can store them somewhere? I'd hate to have to pack them everywhere with me.

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin

Heath was young once, foolish and his mind had been on a different track. He had thought that love was what another might think a bridle was. A simple thing used to control another, used to toy with the most vulnerable part of a being. It was quite the opposite. It was trust, allowing another to guide you through a place that was unlike any other he had ever been. It was freedom, it was commitment and it was security. His King knew nothing of such things, and for that he resented the time Jac spent with Ruri. Her comment was met with a half smile, forced for the sake of conversation. “I don’t know, but I imagine he is.” Perhaps that would save the woman from the Kings cold shoulder after the fact.

“We can go now.” Thoughts of Ruri made the male uneasy as they spoke of Jac. He wished to be near and in his homelands. Such insecurity was controlling at times, and it seemed as if his morning exploration had brought him all that it would. Heath could not think himself dissatisfied. Heath nodded at her second question, his humor had returned as he responded. “Lets just move you in.” Heath thought it interesting that she was looking for a home, and yet only wished to store her horse, and all her things in his pack lands as she searched for another pack to settle down in. It didn’t bother him of course, to each their own.

The male whistled, calling for the stallion that he had let drift away. The coywolf took to helping her gather her things, the packs numerous though not more then what seemed necessary. Stark was not far, and when he returned Heath strapped a few of the bags to the large horse. “It will not take long.” He commented.

[/html]

300+
[html]

Made it short and simple, hope you dont mind.

Anann was glad that Heath was as eager to get going as she was. She hadn't expected to be offered a tour so easily. Back home things were different, but it was also a war-torn zone. Passage between borders was always heavily guarded and only allowed with proper permission. It wasn't what had driven her away, but she certainly didn't miss it. No, this was more what she had hoped to find.

Heath set himself to the task of loading some of her packs on his own mount. Anann quickly gathered what few items she had out, shoving them into a pack and retrieved the leather straps she used for hanging the bags over Rem from one of the other packs. Using the ties on each end she attached one bag to each end and hung it over Rem's back much like saddle bags. Picking up a third, she tied it to the center of the strap. Nothing was left of her little camp, save for some piled underbrush and bowed limbs. Seemingly effortless Anann jumped onto Rems back. Ready and rearin' to go. A childish grin on her face and Rem gave a little hop, just to add to it all. She truly was excited to see what Cour des Miracles had in store.

Table by Alli<3

[/html]
[html]

short short ending... ;D

He was far from naive, and could tell if it was someone to trust or not. He was more willing because she was a female, though he would never admit such a thing. He held a large sword, and whether she could wield it or not Heath did not know, but damage would be done either way. He would believe her story, and he was taking in the horse, not her. Another mouth was another mouth, and he doubted that another soul would notice the new addition. But, Heath would take the stance as the pack Marshal and keep the stallion until Anann came to fetch him. He wondered if she would be back to work him, and keep his muscle's tones and his mind sharp. Part of him knew that it would not be the last day that they two bumped into one another.

Satisfied that the straps were tight, Heath mounted Stark just after she did Rem, settled in the thought that she had all that she had brought. It would not take them too long, and the male pulled in the reins, touching the soft side of the stallion and gave her a nod.

[/html]