Loneliness is history
[html]

The young tan male moved carefully across the borders of Storm, one arm extended back behind him, gripping tightly to the black handle of his red wagon. The young Spaher, despite the fact that he'd been over these borders a thousand times before, was still nervous as he passed them, doing so very slowly. It would seem that feeling such a way was simply his nature. In his time with being with Dierdre, though, he'd learned that sometimes it wasn't what he felt that was important. He wanted to make her happy, much like he'd always only wanted to make his parents happy. He'd failed once before, he wouldn't do the same now.

His slow pace and careful steps weren't all due to being nervous though, no, he had a special gift inside the red wagon, one that he had spent days picking out and gathering. He didn't want to ruin it. When he neared the den of the female he'd come to see, Jasper slowed to a stop, the rusted wheels of the wagon creaking and then falling silent. "Dierdre?" He called out to her, positioning himself in front of the wagon as he awaited a response. He certainly hoped she'd like the gift he'd brought her.

[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

it's just a different scene

She sat down for a moment outside the den, putting her bow down. She had given the first bow as a gift to her mother; she knew that Deuce didn't get outside much...and had gone back for a different one later on. She didn't have much use for it when it came to hunting, but it was a nice hobby that she enjoyed. Dierdre hadn't seen Pilot in a day or so, which was fine by her. It was better that she didn't see him all the time...she didn't want him to find out about her new love. He just wasn't enough for her--she needed something more.

And that was what she liked so much about Jasper. He was so different from Pilot; surely he would be a good father for her children. From what she knew, he had cared for little ones before. Dierdre went inside to put the bow away, then came back out. He was coming! She could smell the scent of her lover on the wind, and she waited excitedly for him to arrive. The girl bounded toward him when he came, not noticing the thing that he had brought with just yet. "Heya, lover boy. I missed you"
[/html]
[html]

Jasper may not have been the strongest or even the bravest, but he always tried hard to be thoughtful and to make sure that Dierdre was happy. Though the young male didn't think of it that way, he was the type that could easily be walked all over and he would always just push it off to being something to keep someone else happy. Luckily for him, Dierdre didn't seem to be the type of person to do that and thus Jasper had not yet faced a situation like that. Nervous, one hand lifted to scratch idly at his ear as she approached, smiling an awkward smile. "I missed you too." He returned, his voice quiet, slightly hesitant as he leaned forward to nuzzle gently at the side of her face. Jasper was often oblivious to signs and 'hints' that were dropped, which made knowing whether or not she wanted him to touch her or to even come see her increasingly frustrating.

"I brought you something." He said then, not wasting a moment before he dropped the handle of the wagon and turned around. Carefully, he bunched up the wide assortment of flowers, which wasn't much since it was winter, though they were beautiful anyways, and stood back up straight. He turned then, holding them out to her, smiling that same nervous smile. Sure, flowers weren't the most sensible gift to give during the winter, but that had been the whole point, hadn't it? Who else would take the time to locate flowers in the winter just to pick them and give them as a gift?

[/html]
[html]She gasped when she saw the gift, a wide array of flowers. Where had he found flowers in the middle of winter? She was so surprised! Dierdre's tail whipped back and forth, an outward sign of her contentedness. "They're so pretty!" She leaned forward to smell them, sighing happily at their wonderful scents. "I love them" She wasnt used to showing people how she felt--she was lucky that Pilot had been able to interpret her ever changing moods. When she was younger she had been a real terror, a brat, really. Stubborn. But now she was a bit more relaxed.

"I've got something for you, too. To celebrate the day. Come in" She motioned toward the den. "I started to cook us something--fish. Do you like fish?" Once inside she started to hunt around for a vase. "We can put them in here" She held it out to him.[/html]
[html]

It would have been easy to say that he and Dierdre were the perfect pair, though it wasn't something that he'd thought of. They were both hesitant with showing their affection, it was much easier to say it, and neither one of them seemed to be put off by the fact that it was hard for the other to be affectionate in a physical sort of manner. He had seen those touchy feely couples before, ones that rubbed all over each other and smooched for every moment of the day, and surely he would've had a heart attack and died if someone had tried that with him. Dierdre though, he didn't have to touch her constantly for fear that she might think he didn't care for her. She knew how he felt, no matter what, and that was one of the things that drew him to her.

Nodding, he followed her inside, looking around a bit as he entered. The smell of cooked fish had filled the den,a familiar smell since it was often something he ate. "I do." He smiled again, holding out the flowers to arrange them gently inside the vase. He was proud of them, and there wasn't much that Jasper was ever proud of, and gazed at them for a moment before his full attention was back to her. "I'm used to the fish from the lake at home, these smell a little different, better.." He smiled again, a truthful smile, excited to taste something new. Jasper liked to think himself an expert when it came to fish, knowing that each had a different flavor. Did she know just how special he thought this was?

[/html]
[html]
before you tell yourself

it's just a different scene

Dierdre loved being around Jasper. She could be herself completely, without having to worry about what he thought about it. He was with her because he liked her how she was, not for any other reason. She turned her blue and yellow eyes from the vase to him, smiling. "Yeah--I thought that it might be a good idea to add some new spices."

It had been hard for her to get those particular spices...they were very rare. But she'd thought that she had needed them for today. Today was Valentine's day and her birthday--she wanted everything to be super special. "Where'd you find these at? There are some old flower shops in the city, but the flowers there are old and dead" How romantic.

[/html]
[html]

"We should put our spices together!" Jasper chirped up suddenly as the idea hit him. It went silent then though and Jasper slunk back against the wall a bit, looking rather sheepish. "Our food spices..you know.." His voice was quiet and he was suddenly nervous, wondering if he'd worded it all wrong and if she'd catch it or not. The blonde male didn't want her to think that his mind was "in the gutter" so to speak and, if she could see under his fur, she would've seen just how flaming red his skin had turned in that moment. The young male didn't get a chance to worry over it so much though, a question came, and he perked up just a bit.

"I went out looking for a few days." He commented, smiling faintly. "When I found places that had winter flowers, enough to bring a good amount, I went back and got them all." He supposed that they were flowers that were only out in Winter, though he couldn't be sure of it. "If you want, when they start to die, this old Tavern owner back in Europe taught me how to keep them so that they keep some of their shape and color even after they die." If she was fond of them, it was always an option. "She made things out of them sometimes. Pretty shaped things to hand on the wall and sometimes necklaces and bracelets and stuff." She would look beautiful with a crown of flowers for her head.

[/html]