What remains
[html]<style type="text/css">#ásmundrdec29 b {color:#4b525d; font-weight:bold;} #ásmundrdec29 {margin:auto; width:455px; padding:10px; padding-bottom:150px; border:1px solid #fff; background:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... enshot.png) bottom no-repeat #8d9297; font:12px georgia; color:#bec0c3; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}</style>
Private

Fingers were strong and controlled wrestled shortly before twisting off the third tooth from the white bleached skull of the wolf’s skull. Her crimson eyes turned to the next head on the pike and took in the hideous sight that met her. It was the first Dahlian wolf they had gotten down here in the very clan lands. Eyes had been gauged out by hungry birds along with most of the flesh that once had made out what the face had looked like when it had been whole. With skin and fur. The girl slowly walked over to the fresh head and looked it over. It was far from a pretty sight, and it did its job very well. She was certain that a young dirtbag of a canine would think twice before he or she entered the clan’s territory. There were so many foolish creatures out there. The young woman wondered if the general calm she had experienced lately was a natural part of the war. She had imagined intensive fighting and death. She knew there had been fighting, but she had not been there. Guilt mingled in with the disappointment. Today was merely yet another quiet day.

Table credit : Chelsie(Ásmundr)[/html]
[html]

ooc- :3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cassius himself wasn't one for gruesome sights. Hunting wasn't much for him, as he usually used traps to catch prey, and even still cooked his food and ate it on bread like humans did. Many others cinsidered him odd, becuase of how much he seemed humanized, wearing clothes and being quite civilized. He never swore, and he never liked fights. He never was angry at anyone, and worried more about others than himself. Some would say that he wasn't very manly, but he acted much younger than he really was. Having been not raised by his parents for the last two years, he was very childlike in action and personality.

But word got around fast, and Cassius heard about quite a few fights occuring. He didn't know if anyone died though, he never heard the outcome of the fights. He had no worry though, as he was about and about in Inferni's lands. His flannel flapped in the wind as he walked along, his goggles of course above his eyes and strapped tightly to his head as per usual. His haircut came out nice, and his dark hair fluttered, although it was mostly held down by the goggles. His purple eyes scanned the land, looking for some company nearby.

Company was what he got, spying a reddish figure by the pikes. he had never seen this person before, but they looked quite like some of the other Lykoi/de le Poer folk, so he figured they were from that family. Inferni was bursting at the seams with members of that family. When he approached the possible Lykoi/de le Poer, he noticed that the figure was quite feminine. Closer inspection revealed a familiar face he saw at the last meeting. He didn't know her name, but now he recognized her. "H-Hi," he stuttered. "I seen ya at the last meetin', right?" He was positive she was there, but maybe he could have been mistaken. Why was his memory so fuzzy? He had a photograph perfect memory, but he felt nervous about not knowing who this was. Confused, Cassius shook his head, dark brown hairs flipping around. I-I
'm Cassius,
he stuttered, still feeling odd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 300+

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">#ásmundrdec29 b {color:#4b525d; font-weight:bold;} #ásmundrdec29 {margin:auto; width:455px; padding:10px; padding-bottom:150px; border:1px solid #fff; background:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... enshot.png) bottom no-repeat #8d9297; font:12px georgia; color:#bec0c3; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}</style>
300+

There were many signs that revealed Lykoi and de le Poer blood. Red eyes along with a splash of a different hue across the muzzle pointed to both families, and Halo had been so fortunate to be gifted with both of these things as well as the typical saddle on her back with dark copper standing apart from the lighter hues of that same colour that blessed the rest of her body. Those de le Poer eyes rested on the grotesque, half eaten face of the deceased canine until the movement from a live one caught her attention. She recognized the man because she had taken interest in his peculiar ways of dressing up in human clothing. The girl was known to be fond of that as well, so he was already more interesting than some of the other members that she did not know well. As of yet they had never exchanged any words. There was always a first time, and as she sensed that moment was at hand she took care to brush off invisible dust motes from her half-skirt.

”Yes,” was the first words she spoke to him as he sought confirmation about her presence on the last clan meeting. She had been a quiet bird in a cage at that scene – seeing her uncle for the first time after he had killed a friendly soul and stripped her of her innocence. His name was not alien to her as he introduced himself, but she would not have remembered it had he not refreshed her memory. She knew the names of all the clan members, though she had not met all yet. Some members came and went so quickly, and the girl was not all that motivated seeking company with such unworthy creatures. He was stuttering a little, but the young woman was not at all unfamiliar with strange traits. ”I am Halo.” her soft words announced, and she even took the time to raise her hand and offer a handshake. Bright ruby eyes took in his face, curious and beautiful.

[html]

ooc- UGH I CAN'T FEEL HALF MY FACE. I just got one filling and I'm going back Monday for the other. It's so TRIPPY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She didn't talk much, that Cassius could tell. Some liked simple one word answers, although they weren't much for conversations. She introduced herself as Halo, although she didn't mention a last name. He could only assume she was a Lykoi/de le Poer. He didn't want to mention any word of it. He calmed down a bit to reply to her without any annoying stuttering on his part. "Nice t'meet ya Halo," he replied politely. He pondered her name for a moment, remembering that Cotl had mentioned her as one of the other members who resided in the mansion. "You live in the mansion, right? I dun leave of'en, but I ain't seen you 'round yet. Then again, I been livin' like them hermit lately, an' I dun leave my room that much either," he chuckled, scratching the back of his head nervously.

He continued on, clearing up how he knew about her. "Uhh, yeah, Cotl said you was livin' in the house too. I'ma guessin' you met him too?" He wasn't sure if she had, but cotl had been there longer than himself, so all he could do now was assume. "an' I met his brother, Marik, too. I think he's a newbie," he got quieter with his last little tidbit.

He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a small gadget he fixed up before he left. It was a small little machine animal. He hadn't gotten it to work yet, but he was still trying to find a power source for it. He held it out to her. From his point of view, it was almost like a little sculpture. "I dun think Cotl tol' ya 'bout these huh?" He smiled, purple eyes looking for expression in her face. He didn't expect her to show a ton of interest, but he still liked showing his doohickeys to everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/html]
Ahaha, i don't envy you at all, uuugh. 300+

She nodded when he asked if she lived in the mansion. It should not be something he had to ask about though, as her scent always stayed by the mansion with a strength that could only suggest home. It was usually hard to get a glimpse of the female. It had taken quite some time before she and Cotl had met each other despite living on the same floor. ”I’m much of the same, so it’s not strange that we have not properly met,” the girl’s light melody confessed as she offered him an apologetic smile. The hand holding the teeth suddenly remembered exactly what it was holding, and she quickly transferred the objects into the little pouch attached to the belt around her waist. It mattered little what he thought about it, but she did not want to see him frown in disapproval either.

The man continued on to mention Cotl and she nodded, confirming that she and Cotl were acquainted. Marik was no longer a stranger either, and she wondered if he was as fresh as Cassius. She had absolutely no idea – had mostly ignored the new scents that had invaded the mansion that once had been hers alone. Her eyes lit with refreshed interest as he suddenly found something in his pocket. Crimson orbs narrowed and she studied the thing, drawing closer to get a better look at it. ”What is it?” her smile warmed up instantly as she wondered if it was some kind of toy. It was pretty, looked rare and exclusive. She reached out for it with one hand and stroke the sleek toy.

Her dark coppery tail brushed against her hackles slowly as she gazed at the little thing held in his hand. Perhaps she should stop to underestimate her fellow members before she got to know them better.

[html]

ooc- lulz

Cassius immediately liked how nice the girl was. He was glad she was quite benevolent (to him at least) so it made him more comfortable with talking with Halo. He nodded as she answered his question. "Yeah, you're right," he chuckled, scratching his head again. His scrathing became a nervous tick as he continued talking with her, although he was embarrassed at how she would probably notice. He said nothing of it though, as to not draw so much attention to it. He was over thinking the whole thing, but he was so worried about her noticing the bad things about him and making a bad impression, or at least a weird one.

The Southerner almost beamed with pride as Halo became so interested in the machinery he held in his hand. He couldn't wait to get it up and running. He modeled the little machine after the raccoons he saw frequently back in New Orleans. He had taken quite a liking to them, the little ringtails. He placed the machine in Halo's hands. "'S a little thingamabobber I made a whiles ago. I ain't got it workin' yet, but I'm fixin' to go t'Halifax soon and git more parts fer it. I'm tryin' to get it t'move 'round like a little toy thing," he explained, proud of his intentions. "Looks kinda cute don't it?" he chuckled. "I was done thinkin' 'bout maybe givin' it to one o'the kiddies 'round here. Maybe they'd like it?" He didn't mind giving it away. He would have memorized how to make it by the time he was done anyway.

"You like it?" he asked excitedly, hoping to get a good review from his housemate. He hadn't shown it to Cotl or Marik yet, and planned on showing the German brothers once he got around to seeing them. "I done been helpin' a few people with their little troubles involving human stuff and whatnot. They done said I'm really good at it, but I'm still learnin'." He chuckled shyly, scratching his hair again.

[/html]
I'm sorry for the extra wait time for this, I actually thought I had replied to this last week D: <3 i suxx sorries 300+

He seemed to trust her enough to hand her the odd little thing, and her hand instantly cupped the shiny toy as if it was in need of dire protection. It would have been quite embarrassing to drop the lovely object and see it scatter on the hard floor. No, she did not wish for such a thing to happen. Two fingers softly stroke it, as if the lifeless thing somehow could come to life and become the animal it represented if it just was shown enough love. She listened to his words and nodded when he sought confirmation on the metal creature’s cuteness. It was indeed quite adorable, even without the furry look. It was not a stuffed toy wiht soft body, but apparently the idea was to give it life, so it was pretty amazing. Her smile seemed to falter slightly when he mentioned that he wanted to give it to the “kiddies” around here. Were there any young puppies about? It was not at all the time for young members. Halo had yet to realize that her younger cousins had arrived. ”Are there any kiddies around here?” she wondered, allowing the possibility that he was better informed than her to live.

”I like it a lot, have you really made it all by yourself?” she softly teased, looking up at the male with warmth and even a hint of adoration. He continued to hint about his abilities with human artifacts and she did not have issues believing that he was handier with such things than most other members were. Halo could not fix anything to save her life, safe for the twin guns she had retrieved and fixed up. That had taken months though, and a piece in one of the two guns had somehow managed to rust because she had been really horrible at taking care of it. Perhaps this male could fix it? She quite adored her bullet spewing weapons and it would break her heart if all the long hours had been wasted. Her smile started to widen again and her gaze lazily narrowed as she looked the rather attractive male over with an enchanted expression. ”I believe you must be quite gifted.”

[html]
ooc - oblivious cass is oblivious

Cass smiled shyly as Halo grasped and petted the small toy. He was quite glad she liked it, and that she didn't think it was a silly thing. If he had shown it to anyone else, they would have told him to stop being a child and grow up, since they were still in a war. Maybe Cass was being a little paranoid, but he didn't know what to expect from anyone at Inferni. He had just met Halo formally today, but so far he felt as if he made a good first impression. However, her smile dimmed a little, as he mentioned giving it to any of the children. She asked if there were any children. Now that she mentioned it, he actually never really saw any kids around. He only assumed if there were any, since he wasn't actually positive. "Well, I dunno, actually. I ain't seen any chil'lin's 'round, I ain't sure if there are any," he responded. "Why? You want it?" he asked hopefully. If she wanted it, he was sure it had to be good.

She liked it! Cass beamed with confidence (or rather just enough) as he replied to the Lykoi. "Thanks! An' yeah I did. Lotta people think they're really good, too. I say 'Naw they're not as good as some of the statues I seen in Nawlins. Humans done been real talented." He admired the artistic ability of the humans, who crafted metal into beautiful works of art. It was a fascination from back home, which both he and his cousin had. His cousin, Brutus, became a stone carver. He used rubble from the city to make his works.

Snapping back to the present, Cassius had noticed the way Halo looked at him, and it made him slightly nervous. He never saw anyone look at him like that. It gave him a feeling in his gut, but it wasn't uncomfortable at all. It was odd, but he ignored it for now. When she said that he seemed quite "gifted". He scratched his head shyly, smiling at Halo. "Aw, well, I'm sure y'all got yer talents nobody else can do. Y'know we're all unique like that..." he faded, looking right into the Lykoi woman's bright red eyes.

[/html]
Big Grin 300+

The woman’s eyelashes fluttered bashfully before she turned her face away as he seemed to offer the elegant little toy to her instead. She had not truly been fishing for that, but now when the possibility had been presented and she let her ruby gaze stay with the little toy. It was useless in most ways to her, but the girl adored pretty, shiny things. One of her hobbies was making pretty little things, and the second drawer in the desk on her room was holding a very slowly growing treasure of stones and even a few jewels here and there that she had found in Halifax. That place had been horribly scavenged; it was so hard to find useful things. The girl wondered who had taken off with the majority of things from the jewellery shop she had found, because few canines seemed to wear lots of it. Not that she would know much about that, because she kept to her own kind and away from the wolf packs.

”Maybe,” was her smiling answer. It would look good on her desk, and it would have been fun to see it move around on it if the male managed to make it run one day. Her face tilted slightly to the side as Cassius continued and spoke of a place she had never heard of. Oversized ears flickered curiously and she echoed him, turning it into a question. ”Nawlins?” of course she would be interested to hear his tales about his journeys. She knew nothing about most of Inferni’s members, but they all came from somewhere else. Perhaps the humans had been really talented – the cities and creations confirmed this, but they had lost and now they were gone while the canines were taking over. ”Yeah, I suppose everyone has something they can do better than most.” the hybrid acknowledged, but was not about to let it go. ”Your talent is quite rare though,” the female smiled, her sunset gaze resting on his face.

[html]
ooc - Tongue This thread is becoming a flirt-fest. but it's mostly from Halo's side, and it all goes WAY over Cass' head.

Halo shyly turned to the side after he offered the toy to her. What was wrong? Was he to forward? Did she not want to say no? What was it? She finally announced her answer, which was a "maybe". Maybe? That had to mean "yes" in girl terms right? Cass didn't know, but he gave Halo a big toothy grin in excitement, even if she didn't take it in the end. It meant she thought about it right? In any case, Cassius was as excited as can be. He'd never given any of his little toys to anyone, especially not a pretty girl like Halo. He replied but almost yelled an ecastatic "Really?" but promptly covered his mouth and spoke quieter. "I mean, that's cool. Yeah," he said as he scratched his head awkwardly.

As he explained about the statues in New Orleans, Halo seemed confused. Of course, since it was highly unlikely that she would have been anywhere south of the Canada/US border. And maps were hard to come by as well. He bartered for the one he kept in his room down by where Tennessee met the Mississippi river. That was sneaky one, it was. "Yeah. It done wayyyy south o' here though. It touches the Gulf o' Mexico. You know where that is?" he asked hopefully. He hoped she didn't know though. He liked explaining things to people. It made him feel really smart. Not that he wasn't, but rather smarter anyway.

It was weird, how Halo made him feel. She seemed really interested in his skill in mechanics, but of course everyone was. It wasn't exactly a common hobby. And she let him know that, giving him a very unsettling look on her face. It made him feel really shy, but he had no clue why. He didn't like showing it, since he though maybe Halo would think he was a wuss or something. But he just scratched his head shyly again. "W-well, yeah I done hear that lots," he chuckled, and of course with the stutter coming back. "Ev'ryone says I'm too modest 'bout it though. But it really isn't all that great, what with all the human stuff bein' old an' all." he replied all too modestly as suggested. "Thanks though," he smiled softly back. He was glad he made a friend of Halo. Or at least he though if her as a friend.

Word Count: 400+

[/html]
^_^

His toothy grin was received with contentment. Perhaps she would have to make it up to the male in some way. There was something slightly geeky about the way he seemed to react to her, but she only found it to be a part of his charming personality. It was certainly a useful skill he had managed to develop. The young woman adored those who worked for their skills and became great at what they did. It demanded respect and more often than not and granted one power. The Lykoi woman’s crushed self confidence was steadily rising as her dance with the sword found more grace. She looked like a flower, but could sting so badly if she only wanted to. She dared to look up and forwards these days.

She knew of Mexico, but her geographical skills were nearly nonexistent. She nodded though, pretended that she understood. ”Somewhat yeah, but I’ve never been anywhere near – I was born north of here and I have not travelled an awful lot.” No, and she would not travel more than she had either. She would never leave this place, this clan. Everything she was had originated from the clan and Kaena. Her ruby gaze stayed on him, wondered if his feet would make him wander again and turn him into an enemy. The hybrid woman did not take well to those who turned their backs to the clan for any reason.

He spoke, but she was not about to let it go. ”You shouldn’t be so modest,” the woman purred, ruby eyes warmly lit as she appreciated his smile.

[html]
ooc -

Cassius shrugged at Halo's response. "Well, I ain't expectin' that o' anybody. It done seems everyone's content with where they're done livin'. I guess I wasn't," he replied earnestly. "Not that there ain't nothin' right 'bout Nawlins, jus' that I kinda wanted to get out. Wanderlust, 'r somethin' like that." He chuckled, hopefully think that Halo found that funny too. He felt sort of nervous, scratching at the back of his head through his combed mane.

He adjusted his goggles a little, looking at the ground in front of him. "Well, yeah i guess so. What better to prove what I got than a little field work, right? You got anythin' tha' needs repairs? I'm fixin' t'get somethin' done today, y'know? Plus, ya can get yer stuff all workin' again." he didn't expect halo to have anything mechanical that needed to be put back into commission, but if she did, heaven forbid what he'd gotten himself into.

Word Count: 200+

[/html]
^_^

She nodded. Her journey had been shorter than his, but she had walked long days south to reach the glorious Inferni. Would she still have gone had she known her whole life had been built on a lie? She quickly withdrew from the thought without debating the answer, recollecting her thoughts and moving her focus back to Cassius. She did not understand wanderlust because it was something she had never experienced. She was well happy here, though she was not sure if it was better or worse after Samael had disappeared. Of course she wondered where he had gone. She was starting to notice his intense head scratching by now, though joined in on his chuckle to avoid tension from rising. Then the question rose and her lips pursed. Of course she had something that needed to be repaired. Why she had left the manuals home in the north was beyond her, because she was unable to fix the mechanism without guidance. She hoped it was not a piece that needed to be replaced, because there was almost no way of mending it then. ”I have a gun that could probably use your expertise,” she purred warmly and looked up at him with an adoring smile enchanting her lovely face. Did he know much about human firearms?

[html]
ooc - Cass is secretly confederate. This is why he likes them gunsssssss

When Halo answered yes, Cass' eyes immediately lit up like a freakin' Christmas tree. he knew quite a bit about guns and he actually wanted to take up gunsmithing for a while. Problem was, he couldn't find enough parts to actually make any of the guns, and didn't have a forge to make them by scratch. It saddened him, but he still read a ton of books about guns and repairing them, and he remembered EVERY single detail from those books he read a couple years ago. All he needed to know about a gun was the brand and model, and he could go to work.

Cass swung his arms in excitement and then smiled as big as he could possible. "Well, yeeeeeehaw Ma'am! Can I fix 'em guns!" he shouted ecstatically. "Well, woman are you lucky! I cin fix 'em guns like nobody's business. Ain't no one knows 'em like I do. Jus' tell me what kind it is an' I'll work my magic on it," he said with a wink to Halo. "Lead the way!" He pointed in one direction. "Oh wait.... mansion's that way." Cass turned a quarter of the way to the side, and then looked over to Halo with a smile still plastered on his face.

[/html]
Feel free to have them reach the mansion and her room on the second floor!

The sudden change in the quiet man’s behaviour threw her off; caused brilliant white to briefly taste the air before she masked the blooming sneer with that honey coated smile. Sensitive ears flickered towards her skull to lessen the strength of his shout. They shifted and rose from her deep auburn locks when his tsunami of words lessened and let eyelids lined with thick lashes tremble slightly as she stared up at him with ruby orbs coated with contentment. She would be very pleased if he managed to breathe life into the useless firearm.

He continued with a few more sentences and even offered her a wink; suddenly a completely different person from the shy male she had thought him to be. It made her distrustful more than anything else, but the girl did not let her inner thoughts reflect in her face. The moment he commanded her to lead the way, the girl spun around and started off in the correct direction, ignoring the pointing hand and the words that flowed out when he realized his direction was off. ”Smith and Wesson, nine millimetres,” she informed the male, taking care to slow down her stride so that they could hold a pace comfortable for them both.

She suddenly turned her face to him, armed with a lovely smile on her soft lips and reached out for him with her cream hued hand; seeking his, so that she could lead the way. They both knew how to geet to the large building, but it couldn’t be a wrong move to seek his hand. That was what friends sometimes did, riiight?

[html]
ooc - ugh gotta catch up with all my threads! :O and Slight pp. Slap me if you want me to change it!

He didn't expect Halo to jump, since she seemed to cool and collected all the time. But she quickly recovered and smiled. She stated the gun and caliber, and Cass tipped an invisible hat to her. "Well, tha' don't sound like too much of a problem." She held out her hand, and Cass took it in his, letting to woman lead the way to the mansion, slightly embarrassed that his direction was off. Hopefully she didn't mind.

After arriving to the mansion, Halo led him up to her room and opened the door for him, and he stepped into the room. It looked almost like his loft, but just bigger. He expected tons of girl stuff... or something like that. He looked around the room for a quick second, and then turned to Halo. "So where are they? I ain't gonna dig 'round yer room for 'em. It ain't appropriate, of course."

[/html]