Another sun
[html]

Private, 300+

The yearling’s form seemed to hesitate as Crimson Dream’s territorial claim started to overpower the usual neutral scent of general nature. His direction automatically altered so that he walked along the well marked borders instead of treading straight into the territories. He doubted it would be a big deal if he did, for his aunt (or the mate of his uncle) was the alpha female of this pack and he had been pleased to learn the name of the second in command; a female named Anu that he remembered well. Colibri’s scent touched this place as well and the boy was sincerely relieved – though he still felt guilty for not checking up on his older half-sibling better. She had left the pack according to his father and he had hoped that she had gone home to the female that had held so much love for the now ex Dahlian. The meeting had touched him – seeing someone care so for his fragile sister. He had feared Haku’s words were lies, but it seemed he had been honest for once.

He had no official business here, though he hoped to walk into someone he knew so that his mind could be distracted from all the war and misery that he was busying himself with daily. The children needed nutrition and his father demanded his presence more often than before. There was a change in the brown Rosen though. Although he had always been cruel, Conor had known that he was just a man no matter how twisted he was in his mind. Now he was not so certain anymore. Those devilish eyes were empty and it felt as if it was death itself staring out of those eyes. It made the golden male uneasy. He was here to think and had chosen to venture out and away from Dahlia de Mai in order to do so. Crimson Dreams was merely the first pack he had bumped into on his random wandering. Kaena’s words sting and twisted, for they had been true. She had told horrible tales and the moment her words had been spoken, Conor Soul knew that it was the truth. His father was mad and he was going to kill them all.

He feared for the odd family he was keeping together with Alexey and he feared for Dahlia as a pack along with all its individuals. It had grown and it seemed half of them were blindly following their blue eyed master to their own deaths. The lilac eyed yearling struggled because it was unacceptable. Something had to be done.

Table credit: Alli/Anu
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.kansastemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.0em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.lyrics {font:9pt Georgia; line-height:1.0em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; text-transform:lowercase;}
</style>
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/324/ ... atedu5.png) #260a19 top no-repeat;">
[ooc] i can't be stopped, i've got to take that fool's life

Thanks for starting! <3 300+

[ic] i'm outta bullets so fuck it, i use my knife

He was merely on his daily patrol of the borders. He was feeling, despite the taint in the air, the taint of war. Honestly, he was happy because no one he cared for was hurt that he knew of; also rigid because he worried something terrible could have happened right under his nose. He could not think of his pregnant mate without cease, though he would have done so if such were acceptable. Ember and Firefly, and their families, were away from him, further than he would have liked, where he couldn't know their condition as quickly as he felt he needed to. His biggest fear at the moment was that he would hear bad news too late, a blow he didn't wish to ever receive as it was.

As the pale wolf loped easily across the snowy terrain, his nose remained erect, meticulously keeping track of what scents were around him and where they were coming from. Today, he chose to let his soul become lost in the joy of Savina, and of their puppies, all of them, the three adolescents as well as the unborn she carried. He couldn't let his own family occupy his thoughts without an amazing calm settling over him, a giddy feeling putting electricity in his movement. So a calm smile was present on his youthful face as a strangely familiar scent surprised him on a stray breeze. He had only to look elsewhere in order to find the young man obediently waiting across the invisible line. Kansas closed the distance between them, that gentle smile brightening with elated surprise when he recognized his nephew, Conor. He saw Firefly in the boy, all the more reason for his excitement. "Hey, Conor," he greeted, gesturing for the younger wolf to cross into Crimson Dreams with a flick of his snout. "What are you up to?"

[/html]
[html]

Big Grin <3 300+

The pallid crème male seemed to appear out of the landscape inhabited by billion after billion of twinkling snow crystals resting against the frozen earth underneath its cold embrace. The yearling’s first, natural reaction was to tense every muscle in his body, ready to either disappear or crumble under the blue gaze that accompanied the approaching canine, but in the next heart beat the advancing creature was already identified and despite his earlier wishes for solitude, his face broke into a light smile, already beaming with appreciation at his uncle’s presence. It had been quite a while since he had seen his cousins, and to see his uncle was something rarer. Bonds were sometimes difficult to bind between relatives of conflicting ages, but the young Dahlian was no longer a boy, and so the natural shyness he had always felt around the older and larger male seemed less present.

”Uncle Kansas,” the boy returned politely with a voice inhabited by joy. Despite travelling by the borders of the man’s home, this was probably one of the last individuals Conor had expected to stumble across. His uncle’s question brought the by now well known conflict back and he barely suppressed a sigh before coming up with a fitting answer. ”I needed to get away from Dahlia for a little while, and my feet carried me here.” He was sure the other man was aware of the war going on, and so he did not take time to explain things any further before he continued; burdening his uncle with his thoughts. ”Some members have died.” Death was not at all a rarity in war, but Conor was still young and somewhat soft – had not experienced death in such a way earlier. ”There’s blood and killing. How could this happen? Why?” these were not truly questions meant for the white male before him to answer. It was Conor’s confusion manifesting itself in words. Why did some creature loathe peace?

[/html]
.kansastemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.0em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.lyrics {font:9pt Georgia; line-height:1.0em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; text-transform:lowercase;}
</style>
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/324/ ... atedu5.png) #260a19 top no-repeat;">

Kansas was forever ashamed of how little effort he put into spending time with his family outside of Crimson Dreams. He adored his pack, his mate and his children; but there was a sense of guilt inside him that grew stronger and more tainted as time passed. The last sibling he'd seen was Ember, and even then their meeting had been brief. Firefly was a completely different, more extreme example of his isolation: he didn't remember how long it had been since he'd last encountered her. Seeing Conor alleviated the disgrace of making himself so closed off a beast that he knew nothing of his family anymore.

He was surprised to be addressed so politely. Firefly wasn't known for her courtesy, but she or whomever had raised her children (what a surprise: he didn't know) must have taught Conor otherwise. Emwe, Kansas recalled, had been an energetic, pleasant youth who seemed know his manners as well. As the adolescent spoke, the pale man felt his heart flutter with flattery, that although they were strangers Conor felt comfortable relinquishing his fear and discomfort with the war. Kansas nodded solemnly; as he'd feared, wolves had died already. This wasn't a cold war by any means. His head immediately filled with sickness, worry that Firefly had been harmed. "I'm so sorry," the wolf said soberly, his smile disappearing. Conor appeared to hate the idea of war as much as his uncle did. "I... don't really understand it either. Are, eh... are you okay?"

[/html]
[html]

--

Was he okay? What did okay mean? A large amount of the happiness he once had found and cherished in Dahlia de Mai had been taken from him with the approach of war. His father was a horrible man, he took away what was good and yet Dahlia’s majority of members followed him blindly. The yearling was not about to throw dirt on those who did, for despite his reluctance and disgust for the war he still followed Haku for the sake of Dahlia. The pack of flowers was losing its lovely petals though, and Conor would not stand for it. He wondered how much his uncle’s family knew of the war. He hoped they were spared for details. It was a useless thing, war and conflict, and he was very glad that some of those he cared about were out of Haku Soul’s reach.

”Yeah, I’m okay,” the young male answered his uncle, though his gaze shed away from the older man as he spoke. War was not okay in any way whatsoever. ”How are my cousins doing?” he now wondered, pushing on to another, hopefully less tense topic. It had been a while since he had seen any of his cousins, and it sort of saddened him. Last time he had seen Cambria he had stumbled upon her in the middle of the night as she had just finished her first shift. He was ashamed that he had not come back sooner to check if she was alright and all. So much else had been on his mind these last months.

[/html]
</style>

300+

He was not aware of the specific circumstances of the war. All he knew was that it involved Dahlia de Mai and Inferni, and that it was probably rooted in the hatred between the coyotes and wolves of these packs. He only understood that hatred as far as one who held no prejudice could understand it, but no more than this. And while he was curious about the details of the war, Kansas had no burning desire to know. Conor definitely wasn't the individual to ask; he was a youth, and probably hated the war for deeper reasons than his uncle could imagine. He didn't want to think of his young nephew's inner turmoil, much less bring it to the surface.

Kansas had spent many happy months with his twin sister when they were children. Although they were no longer close, he thought of her and of her children every day, many times per day. He liked it when he could spot the similarities her sons had to her, and to one another; it made him happy. He cared about them more than they knew, and more than he was willing to share. Conor did something very reminiscent of his mother in refusing to share his feelings, and rather than pry at him (Kansas knew better), the older wolf let him be. "They're fine," he said with a grin, hoping he might warm their conversation up. "Cambria's becoming a healer, and the other two are well, too..." His children were happy, and that was all that mattered to him. "I have another litter on the way. You can come see them, if you like, when they're born." He wanted Conor to know that he was welcome in his extended family. "How is Emwe?" Kansas asked, hoping this question wasn't going to uncover any sadness.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.conorrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2ff7d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.conorrain p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.conorrain {width:400px;border:1px solid #455d11;background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/Rain.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:50px;background-color:#b2c337;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#d0e55a;}
</style>

Aah, I'm so sorry for the late reply.

Kansas followed smoothly as the topic was changed into something far more pleasant, and the male was thankful for that. While he was in most ways an adult now and able to deal with unpleasant matters, he did not wish for this meeting to circle sad matters when it was possible to make this so much more pleasant. It was good to hear that his cousins were fine. The mention of Cambria’s educational path came as a surprise to the yearling and his grin widened instantly. ”Wow, that’s great news. I’m currently learning the skill of healing as well.” It would give the two cousins an excellent reason to spend more time together. While the young man appreciated all three of his Crimson Dreams cousins, Cambria seemed to be the one he got best along with. Should it really be a surprise that they had found the same love for healing?

The mention of a new litter was a surprise as well. Good, pleasant things still happened outside of Dahlia and Conor was very happy to hear. ”Ah,” he said as he took in the news. ”Congratulations, uncle!” Conor was quite fond of children; he loved Mew’s children as much as Alexey did. It was wonderful to know that he would get a new litter of cousins. Savina and Kansas were wonderful parents, he did not doubt this. As for Emwe, things were not so bad despite the war and the fact that ‘Souls worst criminal was his father. ”Emwe is well and kicking as usual,” the young Dahlian announced. ”We moved to Wolfville a little while ago and the house is full of people,” Alexey, Emwe, Vark, puppies and himself. ”I believe he is quite happy,” taken the circumstances.

[/html]
</style>

it's all good! my turn to be slow.

Conor smiled when Kansas spoke of his daughter, which didn't come as any surprise. He had never met anyone who didn't like Cambria, as she was simply too precious and sweet. It made sense that Conor should be happy for her, though Kansas was especially thrilled that they had chosen a similar path in their skill learning. "Maybe you could help each other sometime," he said with a small shrug and an encouraging grin. It was a simple suggestion; he knew Conor was probably unpleasantly occupied in Dahlia de Mai, unfortunate as this was. He wished he could shelter children such as Conor and Cambria from the horrors of life, but without them there was no growth.

His nephew's congratulations put a beaming smile on the pale wolf's face. "Thanks," he said softly, his tail wagging a few times behind him. He couldn't help but express his own excitement, especially with family. Having little ones on the way was one of the most thrilling times to experience. He was sure Conor would know it some day. "I'm glad you're both okay," he responded. He was glad that Conor and Emwe had a place to share with others, so that they weren't plagued by loneliness. If he couldn't care for his twin's sons, at least there was someone else, someone better than him, who could. "Want to go for a walk?"

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.conorrain {width:400px;border:1px solid #455d11;background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/Rain.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:50px;background-color:#b2c337;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#d0e55a;}
</style>

^_^

Kansas’ words merely echoed his own thoughts. Of course the two cousins had to come together and help each other out sometime. It was great to know that a common hobby could bring them closer together. Conor regretted how separated the families in the different packs were. Today more than ever because of Haku’s tense grip of the pack. Hostility seemed to be the key, or so his father no doubt believed. Conor had always wanted to have a relationship with his family, but there were so many obstacles out there forcing him to derail whenever he wanted to improve things. His family had never come to visit him in Dahlia, but Conor had grown up believing it was his fault that his parents did not love him. Perhaps he was still stuck in that belief, for he mainly blamed himself for this.

It was extraordinary to see a man brighten up so with happiness as Kansas did when the topic was on his unborn litter. A yearning feeling bloomed in the young Dahlian’s chest, but he knew that this was not for him. Not yet anyways. His love was forbidden and he had come to accept this less reluctantly as time went on and she was still not his. He could always close his eyes and imagine, and this was what he did. He was more a father for Mew’s children than his own had ever been to him. He was a parent and he could always pretend that he and Alexey had something more than what they had. At least it could give him an illusion of the happiness he so desperately sought.

Conor’s smile was glued to his lips and there was gratitude in his tranquil eyes when his uncle expressed concern for him and his brother. It seemed that their parents had been unable to love them, but it felt good to know that other parts of the large family loved them. Kansas wondered if he wanted to go for a walk and Conor nodded gratefully; more than happy to let his thought drift further away from the madness back home. For a moment he almost wished he could have been a part of the pack here, but he knew he could never turn his back to Dahlia de Mai as long as those he loved were there.

[/html]
</style>

Kansas hated thinking about how Conor and Emwe might feel toward their father. He knew little about Haku, but the image Kansas had of the mysterious wolf was one of blood and brutality. Iskata and he had once a discussion about his cousin, but its details were foggy; he only remembered his mother explaining to him how she cared for the man. If there was any good in Haku, Kansas hoped that Conor and Emwe had seen it rather than the evil he'd heard whispers of. But there was no way for the pale wolf to know, as he'd spent so regrettably little time with his Firefly's only children.

Kansas decided their direction and gestured with a tilt of his snowy muzzle, ghostly form turning that way with a swish of silky fur. It was warm, but the cool breeze beckoned their movement; Kansas loved strolling through Crimson Dreams on days such as these. He had in mind a place to take the russet-furred youth; it wasn't far off in case the boy needed to return home soon. The Sadira moved at an easy lope, strides matching Conors so that they might hear one another. "I've never explored Dahlia de Mai. What's it like...? What's there to see?" He chose this topic because it seemed rather neutral to him; there was ease in discussion about the beauty found within one's land.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

--

Dahlia had once been beautiful to the boy. Still was of course, but things were not the same when the heavy presence of war overshadowed the lands and infested Dahlia’s population with cold. Conor remembered in his early life that the lands had been green and beautiful. Crumbling human cities and nature blended together very well and gave the lands impressions and opportunities that few could match, but right now he could only imagine death. It was strange how a conflict could sneak in under one’s skin and taint one’s view of the world. Conor was far from Dahlia de Mai, but the conflict in his homeland still rested heavily on his shoulders, wrapping a black, scaly tail around his neck and holding on tight.

”You should visit one day if there’s anything left of us when the war is over,” the youth replied with sorrow, but regretted his choice of words immediately after. There was no anger or resentment in his voice, but he did not think that his uncle deserved the words he had spoken anyway. ”It’s beautiful during the summer; life everywhere and the steady whispers of the distant sea..” voice died and he could see the distant days in his mind as he closed his eyes and turned the world away. It was a pity that he had not appreciated the peace while it lasted, but no one had seen this coming except for Haku Soul.

[/html]
</style>

300+

As they walked the vegetation was thinning, the land rapidly smoothing of its slight dips and curves. They were not far from the ivory canine's destination — even now Kansas could see the ghostly form of the abandoned plane resting on the flat surface of the earth, never to fly again. One of the many things he loved about Crimson Dreams was its sights, diverse and invaluable. He was never bored here, for there seemed always a place he hadn't explored thoroughly enough. Having such valuable scenery was important to the Sadira, for he was often restless (one could only read so much) and experienced urges to poke around somewhere away from the confines of Haven Manor.

The pale-furred boy felt nothing ill of what Conor had said, other than concern toward the younger man's sorrowful tone. He was certainly flattered by the invitation, but his ears fell backward as he cast a wary glance toward his nephew. The war must have torn Dahlia de Mai up more than he realized, because even Conor's sincere description of its beauty seemed tainted by the boy's pain. He wondered if there was sadness in the very land of the war-beaten place, and felt sick as he considered what Crimson Dreams would be like under the same circumstances. If war ever came here, he and his fellow Dreamers would have no place to go to be soothed. Perhaps Conor held memories of his home before the war that were now bloodied, never to be the same. I... I'd love to come visit, was all he could think to say, his turquoise eyes soft.

They had now neared the damaged airplane closely enough to see the dull colors on its wings and flanks. Kansas turned his eyes toward Conor and forced a smile, gesturing toward the craft with a tilt of his head. It's something, huh?

[/html]