Tell everybody I'm on my way....
Ooc: I would prefer to not put my contact info up on the net. Pm me for it please. Thanks.

Name: Aneira "Anne" Rampant  
DOB: April 1, 2009 
W/L?: Luperci
Species: Grey Wolf/ Golden Jackal (Canis Lupus/Canis Aureus)  

NPC:

Name: Laelia "Leah" Anemos
DOB: March 13, 2009
W/L?: Luperci
Species: Red Wolf (Canis lupus rufus)

Aneira trotted into the clearing on the border of Aniwaya lands. Her Lupus form was more slender than your average wolf, with more delicate, narrow features and almond shaped brown eyes. Her ears were a little large proportionally. Her medium length coat started dark gold on her head, ruff, shoulders, back and hips, but lightened to pale gold on her sides, chest,lower limbs and belly - the closest you would ever get to a "naturally blonde" wolf. A dead rabbit hung limply from her jaws. Her nose twitched slightly at the scent of woodsmoke, herbs, and ink that spelled her companion's name in the air.

She spotted her a few feet away sitting crosslegged on a great slab of granite, focused intently a small book cradled on her lap.

She cleared her throat. "I'm back." she mumbled around the corpse of the rabbit.

The shoulder length mane that had been up in a loose ponytail when Anne had left had let forlocks of hair loose to frame the soft, childlike face. Laelia's luperci form was about a head shorter than Anne's - or simply put, a head shorter than average. She was sturdier of build and limb, wider of hip, than Anne was and more gifted in her ...feminine aspects. Her fur was auburn in shadow or indoors, but the patch of light in which she had situated herself brought out the thousand shades of red, rust, brown, and brick that were shot through her pelt. Her lower jaw, throat, and foot paws were creamy white. A blaze on her chest and the tip of her tail were grey. If Anne was trapped sunlight, Leah was autumn incarnate.

Anne cleared her throat again, more loudly. "Leah!"

The other girl started, and turned sheepishly in her companion's direction.

"Sorry, Annie." She slipped the book into the pocket of her tattered cargo pants while slipping a short knife out of the waist of her pants.

Anne rolled her eyes as Leah took the proffered rabbit. "Who am I to compete with the Greek gods?"

Leah shot her a look of mock pain. "It was a cookbook this time!"

Anne settled at Leah's side, watching as she cleaned the catch. She cut the skin around the paws and slit along he stomach before peeling away the fur like a coat. She then beheaded it, slit the stomach and scooped out the guts, and chopped it into chunks. This was quickly popped into the pot of hot water and herbs that she had heated in the hour awaiting Anne's return.

"How long before they notice we're here?" Leah asked softly as she worked. Aneira noted the touch of apprehension in the older female's voice.

"A day, or maybe less based on scent markings," She wagged her tail and whined reassuringly. "you'll be fine."

The red wolfess had already pulled another book out of one of her pockets, and immersed herself in its contents - something to do with mechanical stuff judging from the cover. Obviously she was more nervous than Anne had prevously thought.

When the other girl had returned to her seat on the rock Anne joined her. She leaned against Leah's leg, rested her head on her paws, and sighed. Whether it was contentment or frustration was debateable.

A light touch fluttered over her ears, and when she didn't protest it deepened into a gentle rub between the ears. When Anne roused herself enough to open one eye, she saw that Leah was still reading her book. She didn't even seem to be aware of what she was doing. Anne sighed again, this time releaseing tension she had been unaware she was feeling. Shortly, Anne was asleep.

OOc: Well that was a whole lot of nothing.
[html]

Hey, and welcome! Smile Dawali's a red wolf too :o
Word Count: 441

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

His legs worked mechanically, driven forward more by habit than intention. His mind worked furiously as he followed known paths, paths followed so many times by him that they had no secrets for him anymore. He knew of the treacherous branch around the next bend, about the dip in the ground that was deeper than it looked, and the part where it flowed into a swamplike ground without warning, a few miles further ahead. He knew when it split into two, three, sometimes even four, and he knew these children as well as he knew their mother. He had been doing this all winter, out of lack of better things to do (or so he told himself), and though spring had come he was still at it. The same thoughts as had always done so patrolled his mind just as he patrolled his lands; tirelessly. Luckily, the scent of strangers lured him away from his usual path, and his two-legged form carried him towards the borders.

They had lit a fire. Rarely, visitors were so daring at a pack's borders. Dawali chuckled to himself at the thought; had this pack been another place, the meeting ahead would perhaps not be as pleasant. Most leaders viewed lighting of fires as trespassing, as being too familiar, and perhaps also arrogant. These two (for his nose picked up two of them, and recent prey, too), however, were lucky. Dawali was among the kindest leaders around, unless wronged properly. He did not see the point in snapping more than necessary; respect and fear are two different things. As the path snaked its way forward and he followed their scents along it, he could finally spot them ahead, where the land opened up to the plains that surrounded their lands. He let the chuckle go and took on a dominant pose as he approached them. Just because he was a kind person did not mean that he was unable to hold his rank. His arm was lifted in greeting, and his face was in serious folds, though openly curious, and he spoke with his usual voice when he was close enough to speak comfortably; a deep and powerful voice, a boom at the back of it, subdued. "Greetings." He studied the two young females for a moment. They looked about the same age, and both were young enough that he would not consider them full adults. One was of his own species; this intrigued him. He gave them a little smile, before he continued. "I'm Dawali Amara, Chief of the AniWaya Tribe, whose borders you're on." He did not say more. It was their turn now.

[/html]
OOC: Thanks. ^^ Sorry if I ramble a bit, I'm still feeling out their roles.

Leah had woken Anne when the rabbit was stewed, so the blonde wolfess was in her Lupeci form when he Alpha arrived. Essentially it was the same as her Lupus, though she did wear cargo pants (an extra pair of Leah's). Leah had added a canvas vest to her ensamble - of course it also had large pockets, no doubt filled wih more books or herbs or whatever else she kept in those endless pockets.

When the pair noticed his arrival hey both stopped their activities ( reading and whittling, respectively) and turned in the direction of his approach. Leah stood a step behind Anne, in a position just short of omega. Anne mirrored her companion's stance, but with her tail wagging cheerfully she was less subdued than the red pelted girl.

"Hello sir!"

"...Greetings."

Anne noticed the power with which this alpha carried himself. He was pretty obviously no pushover. Of course, he gave them his name, so it was only polite....

"I'm Aneira Rampant, but everybody calls me Anne." She gestured towards her companion, who looked like she would love to sink onto the ground. She was easily the shyest wolf Aneira had ever met. "An' this is Laelia Anemos," she chuckled mischevously. "but she gets mad if you call her that, so I call her Leah."

"We...uh... came to join," Anne said akwardly. Were here rules for this sort of thing?

Leah gently tapped Anne's shoulder. Anne glanced back, then started - she'd nearly forgotten.

"Not that we'd be freeloadin' or anything." She continued sheepishly "Leah can read and write, cook, and stuff. She's good at artsy things too." Anne opened her mouth again, then closed it. She couldn't think of anything she could do.

Perhaps sensing her friend's distress, Leah took up the slack. "Anne can build several types of trap, including those for fish, fowl, small and large game. She has the rudiments of combat, but needs more training before she'll be any use." She hadn't changed tone or expression, speaking calmly as though she was reading off a list. She didn't pull any punches either.

"Yeah, and that." Well that could have gone better.
[html]

Hehe, it's not a problem Smile Sorry about the slowness, the timezones mess up my posting times compared to most other peoples'! We can continue this thread or finish it after your reply — it's up to you Smile
Word Count: 393

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

The one female replied rather cheerfully, though the one of his own species kept silent, looking shy and comfortable in the background right then. Both took on a clearly submissive pose, however, and he responded by not altering his own in the slightest. He was not overly dominant, and he was not unpleasant. The last thing Dawali wanted was to make anyone uncomfortable; there were enough of those that came shivering to his borders, aching with fear for anything that moved. No, these two reacted logically, but not unhealthily so. He liked it, and he smiled approvingly at them and their greeting.

They introduced themselves, and Dawali gave a little chuckle at Anne's joke about the other's name, Leah was it? Nodding at them, he was about to ask them just how useful they were when Anne answered the question without it having been spoken. Dawali nodded again, eagle feathers dancing at this motion above his head. The two were very young, and even if they had been completely useless, he would probably have accepted them anyway. Partly because he felt sorry for someone so young to be on their own (even if there were two of them), but mostly because he knew that the young had an amazing ability to learn most things in half the time, compared to fully adult wolves. His face looked as if he was considering them for a moment — which he was — and he smiled kindly when he finally did reply. "Welcome, then. Unfortunately for you, Leah, there are few who have your interests in the tribe, but there are human ruins not far from here, which probably contains a treasure or two," We was, of course, talking about books and cooking tools. "As for you, Anne, you'll be happy to learn that we have several very good hunters and fighters among us, one which arrived here only a few weeks back; Nayati. You'd do well to seek him out." He paused, thinking that this was probably the easiest two joiners he'd met in the past few months, mostly because they didn't act as if he was about to kill them. "Most of us stay in the village. If you want, you can join me and I'll show you." It was pretty easy to find via smell, but still it was nice with company, he always thought.

[/html]
OCC: How many threads can our characters be in at once? (Also, am I supposed to still be listed as a wanderer under my name? Is there something I'm suppossed to do?) BIC:

The two girls relaxed a little under Dawali's smile, though Anne was uncertain exactly what they had done to warrent a smile.

Leah smiled quietly at the Alpha's words. "I'm sure I can find ways to occupy myself, sir." She nudged Anne gently, "Especially wih this bottomless pit here."

Anne tugged on the shorter female's ear. "Meanie," she said with no real anger. She returned her gaze to Dawali. "That soun's great, I'll be sure to look'im up."

Leah flicked the offended ear and rolled her eyes at her friend. "Sorry for offending your delicate sensibilities."

They both nodded at his words about the village (Anne's punctuated with a cheery "yep".)
After they doused and buried the fire and retrieved the rabbit hide (to cure later) they would follow him. Anne would range far ahead, tail wagging madly, come darting back, circle around, and return to Leah's side only to begin again. She was elated by the ease of their acceptance, and felt fully comfortable around the kind Alpha, though it must be said part if the reason was because when she checked Leah seemed comfortable around him. If Leah felt safe, you could probably leave your first born son with the guy.

Leah would follow sedately behind the chief, though it might have been because she'd stayed awake to keep watch while Anne slept. And though she'd never admit it, she had been having trouble sleeping in the cold weather, since her pelt was a good bit thinner than Anne's (whose thick fur took more after the grey wolf side of her genetics.) Her dark blue eyes darted around, taking in every detail, occasionally raking note of places where herbs or game might be found.

Anne as Anne passed the chief yet again she asked, "Where're we gonna sleep?"

Leah added on to her companion's question. "Will we have to build it? Or," she ended thoughtfully, "are there unoccupied living areas?"

"Either way, We'll prob-ly have to get to work quick, before the spring rains get 'ere - or the late snows..." Neither girl showed any sign hat they expected any help, beyond perhaps pointing out a spot where they would be allowed to build.

Anne came up behind the older girl and leaned on Leah's shoulders like a farmer on a barn gate, causing both girls to lean comically. She leaned over even farther to peer at her friend's face over the girl's shoulder. "Un, Leah, ya gonna build another oven?" She asked hopefully.

For a moment Leah's knees seemed ready to buckle under Anne's weight. Then she grinned evilly, ducked and sidestepped, making a sweeping motion with one leg to knock the other girl off her feet while she was still unbalanced. She also stuck her arm under the blonde to slow her fall... Now if she'd been holding a weapon... A combat move, though neither girl had not mentioned that she had been trained when hey spoke of Anne's fighting skills.

"That depends on how much Annie is planning to help." The young woman said sweetly, whirling on one foot to rush ahead, and proving surprisingly fast for such a bookworm. It was her revenge for Anne's use of her loathed real name.

A blonde blur pursued her, "Oi, I told ya not to call me that anymore! I'm not a lil' kid anymore Leah!"

The girls might have been behaving a little younger than they were, but now they had a chance to make up lost time they weren't going to waste a second. They were like birds who had lived so long with clipped wings that they were almost afraid to fly, and yet terrified that this may be the last chance. How bitter the taste of a freedom you cannot possess!

Ooc: I know I do a lot of interaction between the two, but they aren't as trusting as they look, and the only way anyone is going to learn anything about them at this point is through their interactions with each other. Plus it makes post length longer. Tongue
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.