Refuse to Run
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

It was getting worse. Each trip was progressively more difficult. There were only two packs in the south that she was welcome to trade with, so her time spent down there was relatively short. The threat each time she headed west however was becoming difficult to ignore. There was wealth in that area, packs with valuable contacts that she enjoyed interacting with. She had her strength as a reliable trader, and often supplied whatever was requested with no questions asked. Time had passed since her game with Fayne however, and New Dawn continued to hunt her. She had laughed it off in Halifax, knowing the city better than them, but now that she was turning once more she had to face it. They were dangerous.

So she made a plan. Sitting down with Lucias in her arms she smiled down at the month old pup. She was beginning to toddle, and loved playing. Kohaku was still cold to her, but Amy wouldn't accept such behavior. Adara stood demurely in the background, Amy's voice ringing out softly for Kohaku to come. She wasn't a female to retreat and turn tail, but this wasn't just about her. She had a pup, the first one that wasn't sickly and not threatening to die. Amy would protect her, even if it meant sacrificing her pride. We need to discuss our plans for dealing with the...nuisance that's been on our tails. Adara looked surprised by the admittance, but family came first. Amy would deal with it.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.amyhour p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.amyhour p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Shifting was an awful process, and one that Kohaku had never imagined would be so incredibly painful. Amy had shifted in front of him numerous times, yet her shifts were smooth, quick, and flawless. The golden female had always looked so comfortable when she shifted and never gave any hint of pain or discomfort. So why was he so different?

The first time Kohaku had shifted, the urge had just come upon him so suddenly. He had been chasing after a helpless mouse, enjoying the game as the small creature ran from the large predator. But his game had been interrupted by a sudden urge, like the need to scratch his back. The feeling had quickly turned into mind numbing pain, which had made the pup wither to the ground instantly. Kohaku had shifted into the optime for first, but the process took over twenty minutes as bone cracked and muscles jerked into their new places. It had taken all of his will power to keep himself from screaming, and even that had slipped a few times when he had wailed in pain. His pain and cries stopped when his body took on the lean optime form, and by then Kohaku had passed out from exhaustion.

Since that first shift, Kohaku had shifted twice more, neither time intentional and both times just as painful and exhausting. When Amy called for him, the boy lay in his new otpime form, just staring at his hands. Oddly enough, he was perfectly comfortable with his new body and once shifted, found it easy to maneuver in. Unlike Amy though, he had no hair, just the ruff on the back of his neck that was present in his other two forms. He also leaned forward more than Amy in his bi-pedal form and walked with his center lower to the ground. Why he did this, even Kohaku didn't know, it just felt natural.

A the soft command, the pup stood and walked over to where Amy sat with Lucias. He didn't even look at Lucias, but sat quietly in front of amy, crouching as if he were in his lupus or secui form. Amy's words were stern and serious, but what she said was startling. Both Kohaku and Adara took on looks of surprise and Kohaku began to wonder if his recent shifts had messed with his hearing some how. "Um... okay..."

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
.kohpup {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2Jwko.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#9fa86c; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:380px 0px 5px 0px; color:#545939; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #545939;}
.kohpup b {color:#3f5100; text-shadow:#545939 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kohpup p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.kohpup p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #3f5100; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.kohpup .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
Amy watched Kohaku come over, standing on two legs as he strode forwards. She couldn't disguise the beam of pride in her eyes, watching how comfortable he was. His form was slightly different than hers, still more wild and difficult to control than her own, but it was a great improvement. Standing up she grabbed some black shorts out, and casually tossed them over to where he was. It was designed for luperci, so there was no worry about whether or not it would be comfortable. It wasn't much, but at least he wouldn't be naked.

Settling down again Amy kept the frown from her face, absently stroking across Lucias' back as she thought. The pack isn't backing down, despite how long it's been, and they're getting closer. So, I need to make sure that there are no distractions if they catch up. Kohaku, that means that you'll be in charge of Lucias in an emergency. I give you the signal, you take her and run. Adara, you will stick close to them, and if anything happens I expect you to give your life to let them escape. She didn't talk about meeting back up with them afterwards.
[html]

Kohaku felt his chest swell as he approached Amy, the look of pride on her face unmistakable. It was that look that he lived for, that acceptance that he strived to find. Amy finally accepted him and would never abandon him. Even if they weren't connected by blood, he was her son and she his mother. He would do anything for her and follow her every command. The golden dog had taught Kohaku everything that he knew and had given him what he wanted most, even if it wasn't as great as he thought it would be.

Amy was quick to go for the pants, tossing them his way. She was always trying to get him to wear clothes, something that Kohaku was not comfortable with. He had never worn clothes before and while his body felt perfectly natural, the fabric did not. Kohaku just barely managed to catch the flying pants and stumbled a bit as his fingers tried to grasp the cloth. He held the pants awkwardly in front of him as he remembered Amy's instructions. It took the pup a few clumsy minutes to finally get the pants on, and when he sat down they tightened and made Kohaku feel so restricted. The pants reminded Kohaku the time when he had been stuck in the bush. Able to move, but not really well. Yet no matter how he struggled, he couldn't get out of the branches that had been tangled in his fur.

Emerald eyes watched Amy stroke Lucias, a hint of jealosy crept into the orbs but most of his attention was on Amy's words. Both ears were pricked forward and it was clear that he was listening, even if he wasn't watching her per say. However, at the word escape, the pups full attention returned to Amy. She had told him never to run from a challenge. What was so different about this fight? Not to mention, what about her? "What about you Amy?"

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
.kohpup {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2Jwko.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#9fa86c; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:380px 0px 5px 0px; color:#545939; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #545939;}
.kohpup p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #3f5100; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.kohpup .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
Amy ignored his struggle with the fabric, instead smiling when he settled down with it on. Being civilized wasn't easy after all. It meant following a certain culture, wearing clothes instead of running around like the barbarians that lived here. It would take time, but Amy was sure that he would adapt to wearing clothing, and hopefully feel the same way she did when her clothes were removed. Kohaku's sudden focus did alert her how different her words were. Amy wasn't about to back down however, and smiled tightly.

I'm going to fight them, and show them how stupid it is to pick a fight with me. Something I can't do when I have to concentrate on defending Lucias. She'd just get in the way. That's why I need you to take care of her. She wasn't going to trust Adara with such a task. She was a slave, and would probably just mess up. Getting Kohaku there was also important, as Amy didn't want him to be contaminated by his mother and have all her hard work undone. He was to stay away from them.
[html]

The golden dog called wearing clothing 'civilized.' After shifting, she had become obsessed with him being civilized and acting like her. She had a lot of strange customs, things that Kohaku couldn't even begin to understand. Why did he have to wear clothing? Why did he have to shake hands with someone? As hard as he tried, it was difficult to find the reasons behind what Amy was teaching him. Before, the reasons were always so easy to understand, even if he didn't always get the lesson. But after shifting, things became even more confusing than usual. Even so, Kohaku learned without complaint and did his best to soak up all the information Amy threw at him.

As soon as Amy spoke of fighting, Kohaku's eye light up. His tail began to wag as he thought about fighting with the pack again. This time, they wouldn't have to run and he could practice his new fighting skills. However, Amy's lack of "we" when she mentioned fighting made his tail slow. The realization of what she meant dawned on him. He couldn't fight with her, nor stay by her side. "Wait! Why can't I fight with you? I have gotten so good! I can do it. Let Adara take Lucias, or Shadow if that stalker is around! I can help! I can shift and... and I'll work hard to learn how to control it." Did she not trust him? Did she not want him around? Kohaku wanted Amy to be proud of him, but he couldn't do that if she left him on the sidelines.

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

He brightened at the thought of fighting, Amy laughing softly at the expression. That bloodthirsty nature was something to encourage. She would take him out to fight perhaps after they were done talking. He was growing so fast, and Amy was proud of his strength. The battle training she was giving him was turning out well, even if she had to adjust it slightly. It was mainly emphasizing him listening to his instincts, and waiting for him to grow into those long limbs of his.

She wanted to laugh at first when he called Shadow a stalker, but there was more serioius things at stake. Keeping her features stern Amy frowned at him. Shadow isn't here, and I don't trust Adara to take care of Lucias. It has to be you. No one else will be able to do it. She stared at him steadily, doing her best to make it clear that there would be no negotiation on this. She would fight alone, and Kohaku would keep Lucias safe. That was the end of it.

<style type="text/css">
.amyhour b {font-weight:bold; color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
.amyhour {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#ac69fc; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CeqhO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 290px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#31224b; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.amyhour .wordcount {color:#fc8cff; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #31224b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px; text-shadow:#31224b 0px 0px 1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Amy's terse reply made Kohaku want to howl with rage. His black lips pulled back slightly and a discontented growl emerged from the young male. He wasn't growling at Amy, just at what she was saying. Anger and frustration rose inside of him. He wasn't a pup anymore, he didn't want to be told to run away. Fists clenched, the pup's jade eyes glared hard at Amy. His body was tense and it was clear that Kohaku would not give way on this point. Their eyes locked together and neither canine would give way.

"I'm not a pupsitter! If you don't trust Adara or that stalker then give Lucias to the wolves at Anathema. You trust them right? Or the Knights. They can watch her." Kohaku's body shook as it threatened to grow unstable again. He could feel the pull to shift, and tossed his head to the side as he tried to ignore it. The heckles on his back rose as the urge increased and pain seemed to swell in his legs. Fighting back against the need was hard and he sat for a minute panting until the urge finally died down again. "What did you train me to fight for if I can't join the important battles? And what if my mother is there? I owe her a debt of pain." Kohaku's voice grew icy as he spoke of his mother, but his eyes blazed with determination.

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

That was the problem with Kohaku getting older. She wanted him to be able to think and do for himself, but it also meant he was going to start challenging her. She appreciated that he was eager for blood, she really did. Amy encouraged it. This was not a situation she would have him in though, and she was still the boss. Adara shrunk down as tempers flared, both of them hard headed and stubborn. Amy would hit Kohaku if he kept fighting her on this. Quietly the slave took Lucias, slipping away from the pair.

Shut up! Her words came out at a bark, standing as she watched Kohaku struggle with the urge to shift. She had to resist praising him at the control he showed in stopping himself. There were more important things at stake. His rebelliousness was getting on her nerves. Reaching forwards Amy struck with her claws to slap him across the face. You fool! If you want to challenge your mother go ahead. You will have your chance to fight. This is only for an emergency situation, as Lucias is still too young! She is important! I will not risk her life! She wouldn't risk Kohaku's against an angry pack either, but she didn't say that out loud.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Tempers rose to the point were Kohaku were sure things were about to get violent. It always happened and he had suffered through a lot thanks to Amy's brutality. The small ringlet on his shoulder was a reminder of just how dangerous the golden dog's anger could be. Emerald eyes slipped to the side as he watched Adara took Lucias and shrank into the shadows. With violence threatening, both canines could become increadibly dangerous. Kohaku was no longer an innocent and wide eyed pup, he could cause some damage himself; although he would never hurt Amy, not on purpose.

Amy's angry bark was drowned by the pup's struggle to control himself. He could feel his body quake and a great heat drew deep inside of him. It took everything Kohaku had just to keep his current form and when it was over, left him feeling drained. Amy's strike across his face took what little energy was left and drained any urge to fight from the pup. Kohaku to shrink back a bit, placing one hand over his injured and bleeding cheek. His ears flattened against his head and his tail hung low. Hurt, he stared into the eyes his surrogate mother. "I understand. I'll take care of your precious pup. After all, I'm no better than a slave. Some worthless mutt that you keep around for laughs."

Upset and angry, Kohaku strode off. His long legs taking him towards the other side of the wagon in what seemed like an impossible speed. There he saw Adara holding the month-old pup. A venomous glare was shot at the pup, but Adara must have thought it was meant for her because she flinched. Striding over to her, the young wolf grabbed Lucias and held her up. Her bright blue eyes stared happily at him and her tiny little tail wagged furiously. The little pup's pink tongue flicked in and out of her mouth as she tried to lick Kohaku. Frowning, he tucked her closer to him so that she wouldn't fall. "It's your fault." Oblivious, Lucias began to bite his large hand, her tiny paws pushing against him as she played. Despite the deep set frown and clear hurt in his eyes, Kohaku held Lucias as if she would spontaneously shatter. Without looking at Amy, Kohaku spoke again, "You promised not to abandon me." Rather than a challenge, there was an invisible question in his voice, one that hung in the air and haunted the young wolf's nightmares.

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

The feral teenager shrunk down at the blow. The fight was knocked out of him simply enough. She could smell the blood from her blow. Amy's brown eyes stared at his green ones, without any apology in there. He had challenged her, and the blow had been what was to be expected from such a thing. His words only made her angry again. Worthless mutt? Slave? Do you take me for a fool?

She watched him take Lucias, worried for a moment that he would harm her to get revenge against her. His grasp was careful though, and Lucias seemed pretty happy to snuggle with him. Relaxing she turned her eyes back to the fire. Worthless mutt indeed. Did he think that she would put the effort into him that she had if she thought of him that way? I won't. I never let go of what's mine, Kohaku. You're too important. Without him she couldn't have revenge.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
KOHAKU AMAROK

Phosphagos Foothills. Dated Oct 9th.

OOC here!

Amy had laid down a command, a demand that could not be broken or altered. Like a child, Kohaku was expected to obey without question or hesitation. It's just... he couldn't. He couldn't let Amy go by herself and fight with the pack, it just wasn't fare. He was old enough, strong enough. Yet, fighting back only brought him pain and misery. As the teenager stalked away, he could hear Amy's angry voice trailing after him like a dark cloud. Kohaku didn't say anything, didn't answer her questions despite the fact that they buzzed around in his mind like incessant bees. What did she think of him? To the pup, Amy was like his mother, but he seriously doubted the feeling was mutual.

The golden dog said nothing as Kohaku handled her precious daughter. Kohaku didn't give her any reason to comment. He handles Lucias carefully, gently, almost coddling if it weren't for his glaring. Lucias had what Kohaku wanted, she had Amy and would always have Amy. The little pup would always take precedence over him and could hog all of her mother's attention. For just the briefest of moments, he thought about ending her life. Crushing the little squirt so that only he was left to enjoy Amy's attention. But, Amy would never forgive him if he killed her only healthy pup. Besides, in a way, she was his little sister.

Important. That simple word lifted Kohaku's spirits and sent a smile running across his face. Amy thought he was important. "So. Does that mean I can fight?"

<style type="text/css">
.kohopp {text-align:center; font-family:georgia; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; color:#4d4a31; margin:5px 0px -5px; font-weight:bold;}
.kohop b {color:#f1dcad; text-shadow:#4d4a31 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kohop p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.kohop {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#908b5b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zZJ2D.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #323020; padding:10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#323020; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.kohop .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here.

Word Count → 000

She'd trained him well, she couldn't deny that. He knew what he wanted and was going after it with all his might. That didn't mean she'd let him. Well, she could let him fight. Just not against the pack in the scenario she was describing. If the entire pack chose to hunt them down she would be holding them off while Kohaku and Lucias ran. She wouldn't let the only ones that followed in her footsteps be destroyed, especially not her heir.

You can fight. I taught you how, remember? Her lips twitched up, teasing the hunched wolf. Moving over to Lucias and Kohaku she touched both of them briefly, her hand resting on Kohaku's shoulder and one drifting over Lucias before she met his sharp green eyes. This is in case the entire pack comes against us. Any other fight I expect you at my side, but if it comes to this you will obey.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
KOHAKU AMAROK

OOC here!

The golden female had always taught him to seize what he wanted, to take without mercy. But she never told him what to do if she was the one standing in his way. Kohaku didn't want to fight with Amy, he didn't want to disappoint her like that. But... how could he just ignore everything she had taught him? How could she refuse to allow him the chance to prove himself? The backwards thinking was frustrating and the hard line in Amy's jaw only made him feel worse. He was doing all the wrong things, but didn't know how to fix any of it.

Amy's teasing voice was met with a cocky smile and an equally sarcastic retort. "No, I don't remember anything." Amy drifted towards them and placed one hand on his shoulder, sending Kohaku's tail into a large arching swing. He stared at Amy, his golden mother, eyes full of trust and pleading hope. Amber eyes locked onto his and gave her command again. Ears dropping and his smile fading, Kohaku looked away as his tail slowed. "Okay. I promise to take good care of her." Turning back, Kohaku licked Amy's hand, sealing the deal. He didn't like if, but it was what Amy wanted. At least she could tell him stories of the battle afterwords.

<style type="text/css">
.kohopp {text-align:center; font-family:georgia; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; color:#4d4a31; margin:5px 0px -5px; font-weight:bold;}
.kohop b {color:#f1dcad; text-shadow:#4d4a31 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kohop p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.kohop {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#908b5b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zZJ2D.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #323020; padding:10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#323020; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.kohop .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
He was quick to bounce back, replying with the same sharp humor that she held herself. It wasn't exactly the same, but fairly close. She had been the one he'd mimicked in so many ways after all. He would share many of her viewpoints, even on what could be considered amusing. There was hope in his eyes that she would be giving in, but the need to keep Lucias safe and Kohaku away from New Dawn outweighed anything else. She would fight to her last breath to keep them away from the pack.

At last Kohaku replied. Amy wrapped her arms around him, pulling him briefly into a hug. Good. Smiling she indicated back towards the fire. Are you going to come back over, or remain by the wagon for a while? If he wanted his own space Amy wouldn't push him. She was beginning to give him more and more freedom. Amy no longer demanded that he stay by the wagon, and his explorations were widening. Soon he would be on his own. She just hoped the problems with New Dawn would end before that time.