Trouble Maker
[html]
Ooc Hi ND, Anathema are running a thread contest to stir up some trouble in ND territory and scare some members so only join if you don't mind your character getting involved in Kai's mischief - younger members would be perfect. No injuries will be inflicted, promise. :-) [WC: 492 || Pts: 0]

Inhaling the cool night air and letting it plume out slightly given the hint of chill in the air, Malakai's dark fur gave him the best camoflauge nature could have given him though his feral, yellow eyes betrayed him, and as he scanned this new territory, inhaled the scents of the pack that had staked its claim in the land, he didn't care that this wasn't his place. The emptiness in his belly was not down to a lack of food and the chill in his veins was not down to the evening drop in temperature. Malakai had lost everything, or so it felt to him. His mate had lost their pups and herself had become distant from him. His den felt bare without her there, the bare stone walls a constant reminder of what little substance his life held. The misery within him had taken its hold, had drained him of whatever energy or spark had still remained until the anger took over. Anger, fury, rage, his old friends, had once more reared their heads within him and leaving the safety and familiarity of Anathema lands, Malakai had wandered over the border in his preferred Secui form and towards the mountains though avoided climbing the peaks. Instead, his path took him North-West, just outside the North edge of the Inferni packlands. He continued on this route until he reached the Pictou River, and using the cool waters to quench his thirst and to wash off the dust and dirt from his travels, he followed the edge of the river, reaching another pack border. New Dawn's border.

Crossing into New Dawn's land, Malakai kept his eyes open for patrols, for those who would defend its borders from invading enemies or strangers, but for the moment, he found none nearby, leaving him with a somewhat unobstructed path. Night had already fallen, and now, with all these new scents around him, all the possibilities, Kai felt a spark within him. Holding back a slow, predatory growl in his throat, Kai felt his muscles flex - back at home, he felt drained, empty inside, held back by his pack rules, by his loyalty to Anathema but here, he felt invincible. Here, he knew no-one. He had no friends, no allies here, he had nothing invested in this pack. Suddenly, the black male snorted at the prospect - he felt like he could lay waste to the entire pack, to the buildings, to the homes these Luperci had made and there would be nothing to hold him back. As darkness spilled into his veins and his thoughts in equal measure, his fur bristled and his muzzle broke into a sly, sinister smirk. Yes, he could release the agony and torment of losing his pups and potentially his mate here.

His ears twitched at the slightest sound and whereas moments before, Kai had felt hollow, now it seemed he had motive - woe betide whoever should find him first.

Table and Siggy by Sammiie; Photo by Diana Pinto@flickr

<style>
.Kai04-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.Kai04 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.Kai04 b {color:#f2f2f2; font-weight:bold;}
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top
center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed;
padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-
size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-
spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px;
font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Hope you don't mind me jumping in! I need to get Ciara moving again. Smile WC: 490

The nights had been long for the golden Epsilon ever since the first attack by Amy. She and her mate Augustus spent long hours patrolling the borders, and barely saw each other. She would cover every inch of the boundaries to ensure none trespassed, and so far had yet to come upon a problem. There was once when a young male named Alister Callow came close, but he had been reasonably friendly. Still, her training with Augustus continued and she felt prepared to take on the blond dogbitch herself if she should happen upon New Dawn’s lands.

This particular evening the girl was snoozing, taking a much needed rest. It wasn’t long before her mate arrived to claim his own break, and Ciara lifted herself at his arrival. She nosed at his cheek, licked at his ear and then rubbed her flank to his as she exited the den. She longed to spend more time with him, to draw him close to her and coax him into trying with her again. Even at the thought a blush crept beneath her fur and she cursed herself for being so damnably shy.

Her frustrations caused her to start into a run, heading for the border she had gone the longest without patrolling. After a few moments of running, she caught a scent she hadn’t detected before. Immediately she tilted her nose to the air and tried to get a better gauge of the smell. Her fur bristled immediately. It smelled of Anathema. She didn’t know too much about their relations with New Dawn but she knew that no one had been given clearance into their lands, and at times like these security was tight. Zalen would have warned his Epsilons of a visitor.

When she got closer and assured herself that she was downwind, the golden Epsilon crouched down to watch Malakai in his slinking. Black lips curled into a silent snarl at the smirk which was evident on his muzzle. He knew damned well he was trespassing and he enjoyed it. Well, that wasn’t going to work for Ciara. This old male was about to get a mouthful of reasons why he should back the f*** off and go back home.

Bristling and releasing a warning growl, Ciara crossed the distance between them, coming out of her hiding spot. She lifted her tail high and snarled at him, ears pushed forward and stance absolutely dominant. It was obvious Malakai would receive no pity from her. As she locked her earthen eyes with his own gaze, her expression grew sterner, threatening even.

You! These are New Dawn’s lands and you are trespassing. I suggest you turn yourself around now before I have to remove you by force.

<style type="text/css">
.cia1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#a3c9b5; text-shadow:#0f2825 1px 1px 2px;}
.cia1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.cia1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#586b6d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BltD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #475d5f; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9c9c9; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.cia1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.cia1cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.cia1cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc text goes here. [WC: 442 || Pts: 0]

Before him, a female emerged from her hiding spot, only causing Kai's smirk to broaden. So New Dawn did have individuals watching their borders after all. His feral yellow eyes regarded the female as she stood solidly but his predatory grin barely waivered from his snout nor his gaze. Her words reached him, her threat to have him forcably removed from her pack lands and still, Malakai didn't seem to react too much. But he was thinking. His mind ticking over continually, thinking up the lie he would cast, the web he would weave to tangle this she-wolf up in. It was his way.

The same darkness that stoked the fires in his blood now seemed to reign in his dangerous temprament, for the time being at least, and after a moment or so in regarding the female, letting his gaze scan over her as he did with all females, Malakai lowered his head just a little, as if in submission. It was the impression his actions would give off, at least. "Forgive my forwardness, Sweetheart, but I come to New Dawn with a message..." The term of endearment he used was not spoken like a true compliment or an affectionate name - instead, it held just the smallest amount of sarcasm, in the same way he used to call his mate 'Princess', back when they hated each other. It was spoken as if to annoy, to provoke a negative reaction in the other, just one of many weapons in Malakai's mind games..

Still, he wore something of a smug look though, as his head jerked back a little. "...Actually, I come with word of an attack." Kai inched just a little closer to the female, his eyes keeping a close watch on her. "New Dawn will be raided at dawn, by those mutts, Inferni. We intercepted weapons headed for Inferni pack lands, as well as information regarding their use and their intended target." Kai nodded his head towards the female, his smirk remaining. "You and yours." So this was the lie. There was no such raid planned that Kai knew of. Malakai cocked his head to the side, snorting a little. "But hey, if you really want to manhandle me off your territory without hearing me out, then be my guest. I'm sure you've already been told about it anyway, considering you're the one on the front line, right on the border. After all, it's you they'll kill off first, clearing a path into New Dawn lands..." This last was meant to knock her confidence, her trust, her centre of gravity. Kai's dark gaze kept strong on this female, watching every tiny detail.

<style>
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top
center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed;
padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-
size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-
spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px;
font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Ciara's such a badass. WC: 370

Ciara’s coat continued to bristle even after the male lowered his head a fraction or two. He should be grovelling at her paws right about now, repenting for the crime of trespassing, but he neglected to do so. Another growl bubbled in her throat when he looked her over and she stood her ground fiercely. There was a time when the golden girl might have been deterred by such a lewd examination, but no longer. She was an Epsilon now.

And certainly not his “sweetheart.”

I am Ciara, the Epsilon of New Dawn, and you will respect me as such, she growled out, her posture aggressive still and unwavering in its ferocity. She didn’t appear to care much that he was only a messenger, he would be treated the same way as any knowing trespasser. Her eyes simply bore into his as he mused about, moving closer to her and slowly drawling out his tale. They narrowed when he spoke of Inferni, even though they were already slits. Other than that subtle change, there was no sign that Ciara was concerned. Her ears and tail didn't so much as twitch, but remained immobile and in place.

If the coyotes decide to breach our territory, they will find themselves swiftly rebuked and limping home with an array of injuries, she said simply. It was common knowledge that packs defended their territory, and if it had been anyone else she would have said the same. Ciara wasn’t one to sling threats and she wasn’t now, merely relaying the truth of the matter. New Dawn’s wolves had been in training since Amy’s series of attacks and she was confident they could hold off an attack – especially one by miniscule, flea-ridden coyotes.

They’ll be especially unhappy should I be the first one they come across, she said in acidic tones. The shewolf had grown a lot over the past year. She had defended her lands against cougars and bears. She could handle Lucperci coyotes with their pitiful manmade weapons. Regardless she’d have to inform Zalen, perhaps he would be more worried than she, but she wouldn’t show any signs of insecurity or discomfort in front of this stranger.

You’ve relayed your message, now leave, she demanded, taking a step forward. The two were close enough now that either could grab fur and flesh in their jaws, and Ciara was very prepared to do so.

<style type="text/css">
.cia1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#586b6d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2BltD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #475d5f; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a9c9c9; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: [WC: 358 || Pts:

It didn't matter to the black male what rank this female held or what skills she possessed. But as Kai watched the female before him, he watched for any signs that the news he had brought had shaked her. Unfortunately for him, she didn't seem too concerned about the prospect of an impending attack by another nearby pack. He would have to wing this one. However, when she mentioned that the Inferni would be sent home with numerous injuries if they decided to invade New Dawn's borders, Kai nodded a little in fake understanding. As the female told him his presence was no longer tolerated now that he had warned of the attack, Kai snorted a little, still watching her closely. This one stood her ground and while usually it was a quality Kai respected, now it was only an obstacle to him. He would have to play along with her for now, until the next part of his plan kicked in. His eyes rose to the dark sky above and he knew that it wouldn't be too long now.

"Of course. I'm sure you have a stash of weapons hidden nearby, for when they come. I mean, it won't be one or two that come at you at once, it will be a handful. All armed." Malakai cocked his head to the side gently but backed up a little as if he was going along with her demands. "I'm assuming you have the rest of your borders as well guarded as this one, with others from your pack... The coyotes will more than likely attack from several different points, hoping to infiltrate your settlements." Kai's posture had shifted a little, becoming just a little more submissive in an attempt to dismiss her aggressive mannor towards him, as if trying to live up to his role as merely a helpful messenger. "I hope your Alpha is aware of the aggressive manner with which you treat those who bring valuable news for your packs wellbeing. Perhaps I should make an appointment with your Alpha, to have a word with him about your conduct towards those only trying to help..."

<style>
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry she's so stuffy. xD WC: 300

Ciara snorted derisively, the first of many such sounds.

We don’t need human or Luperci weapons to fend off an attack. The wolves of New Dawn are trained in the old ways, and they are all we need. As I said before, should the coyotes come our way, they’ll be sent limping on home to Inferni, she said, her tone one that brooked no argument. Still the irritating male pressed on with his folly, causing Ciara to nearly roll her eyes. Of course we guard the borders well. One of the other guards happens to be my mate, and he is even more skilled than I, the girl declared stiffly. Her chest puffed a little, head raised more when the dark wolf lowered himself further.

Then the talk of Zalen arrived and another snort followed right along after it.

Those bringing news should have enough common sense and etiquette to stop at the borders and call for someone, she bit out, eyes narrowing on him once again. The threat in his tone was obvious. If he thought he could get her in trouble with Zalen he was sorely mistaken. It was ridiculous, that notion. Zalen would surely trust her over some outsider from a neighbooring pack – one that didn’t share the best relationship with New Dawn.

Zalen has complete faith in my abilities and practices, and would likely have dragged you out by your scruff by now. Be thankful I’m a little more accepting, she sneered, her tail giving a flippant little twitch. Shall we call Zalen and see what he thinks?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: [WC: 284 || Pts:

This female just wasn't backing down or waivering in her utter confidence in her pack and in her abilities. It caused Kai to smirk just a little more - he actually quite liked this female. She reminded him of Axelle. The thought caused his smirk to fade just a little and his eyes lowered. He hated that he thought of her all the time, that the female was constantly in his head. Returning to the situation in hand, Kai continued to watch this female and as she mentioned her mate patrolled the other pack border, the black male nodded briefly.

As she commented on him not waiting at the border and calling for one of the pack to attend him, Kai offered his own snort to her. "Well my apologies, but I figured any delay in letting you know of the attack might be the difference between whether you are ready or not." Of course, his 'apology' sounded nothing like one. As the female mentioned Zalen, Kai's attention lifted a little - she didn't know the leader of New Dawn, nor his name but now she knew who the head honcho was around this pack. It could go either way if the Alpha showed up - Kai could try to spread a little more trouble or he could be thrown off the land.

Bowing his head a little more, Kai shrugged his upper body a little. "You can call him if you'd like to. I'm sure he would be keen to hear about the impending attack and the fact that you seem happy to hold the information to yourself rather than letting the rest of your pack know immediatly so that they may prepare."

<style>
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
OOC:Lupus form, 446 3 points
IC:
Perhaps the youth's allegiances were flying about in a confused flurry, and--Why was she here? In on the plot, the young canine fit the bargain perfectly for the little bit of fun. Scrawny in limbs, thinner muzzle, and the taint of Lykoi in her scent, easily Ellie would fit as an Infernian. So...Would this stunt disgrace her family? It had been her decision to stay away from the marshy territories of the coyotes...But why? Why did this desire to cause a little of something pinion her so strongly from her own very free will? She had travelled here to perhaps hurt her band of Infernians, family. But thinking of the scar on her palm...Wasn't she with family at present?

Creamy paws stamped lightly on the cool ground in partial anxiety and excitement. surely enough Malakai was already into the wolf territory, or maybe sweet-talking the sentry until the slender coyote's time was up. The setting was near-perfect. Cool night, not enough light, and to get a pack riled up--It fueled a small flame within her. She lay crouched, concealed in the damp grass, speckled pelt giving the girl the advantage of near-blending into the scenery around her small frame. Previously she had dove into the water of a freezing cold creek, as to differentiate her cavern-pack scent to that of a rogue, or simply a coyote. Elody shivered, wrapping a sopping wet tail around her haunches, pricking large ears. I need a signal! Something to remind her, that the time had arrived to stir something up. But Malakai was far, on other borders, how could he subtly let her know?

The Lykoi Princess's heart thumped in her chest, making her believe there was a drummer in her ears, there was simply so much risks involved! Guardians of the borders would find her perhaps...Maybe give her something to truly fear. Wolves were bigger, longer legs...A few strides--And perhaps she'd be done for. A little giddy, almost soundlessly the mottled teen stood up. On four legs, she was rather small, and a brown shadow against her dark backdrop. Vulnerable as she thought.

Deciding there wasn't much use waiting, and close to hesitating--Elody flattened her large ears, tipping her muzzle slightly, nervous. But as boldly as it came, a battle-like call was sent into the quiet air, hopefully Malakai could stall the sentry just enough for her escape...Limbs tense like springs, she distanced herself a bit from where she called, falling back towards other trees to peek terrified through the brambles and branches surrounding her small body, an escape route mapping itself in her mind. Swallowing, Elody prayed that Malakai had a plan...
[html]
OOC: Hope you don't mind me posting again [WC: 359 || Pts: 3

Having recruited the young coyote from Anathema, Kai knew she would fit the bill with ease, pretending to be from Inferni and as he kept a close watch on the New Dawn female, the black male knew the youngster would already be in position. They had gone over his plan a few times, and they had talked of timings. Elody had asked for a signal, but doing so would have been impractical and would have given the game away and so he was relying on her to go with how she felt and start her part of the charade when she felt comfortable with it.

Hearing the distant call from the coyote, Kai's body tensed a little and his fur bristled as he turned his gaze in the direction the sound had come from, his eyes burning like heated flames. His ears pricked as if listening for the impending Inferni forces before throwing a glance back at the New Dawn wolf, offering her an 'I told you so' snort. "Perhaps you should call for your Alpha now, Sweetheart. By the sounds of it, the coyotes aren't too far away... I'll accompany you if you wish to investigate the sound. I'd hate to see a lone female out in the woods outside her pack borders slaughtered by those rabid coyotes." He knew that would irritate the female further. That was his aim, after all.

His mind turned to Elody - if New Dawn's members did head out to check on the battle cry, he was sure they wouldn't be too leniant on those responsible. But she was young and could pull off innocence with ease. Perhaps if they did catch her there, they would go easy on her. Of course, Malakai had told Elody that once the call had been made, she was to leave the area, leaving only the scent of coyote behind before moving on to the next, moving along the border of New Dawn, eventually coming closer to Kai's location, allowing her calls to get louder. But if Elody was caught or captured, would Kai go to her rescue or would he deny all knowledge of the youngster's presence?

<style>
</style>
[/html]
406 words. 3 points. o gawd keeping this going :>
okay...they can find her at the tree if you'd like and she can do some heavy explaining or whatever, or let them get away with it... Whatever works!! Big Grin

Damp fur was shook off in an effort to warm herself, paws digging into the ground, bringing up soft clods of dirt. Never in her life had she been so nervous! Licking her chops, Elody's legs tensed anxiously, distancing herself even more from the borders, as far as she could go into the trees back towards Anathema. Perhaps her scent wouldn't be traced as easily. The whole trick would be given away if her scent went towards the pack. Perhaps another leap into that creek would provide sufficient...But this time, would her body respond to it as strongly? She was freezing her tail off here! And having to stay inside, useless and sick would not make her that noteable for a rank-up in the cavern pack, after all--This had been done to get some form of acceptance. She fit the bill--A coyote she was in blood and a seconf glance could never prove her wrong. She ran until her feet felt like they were worn to the bones, legs sore and restricting the girl from sprinting any more distance. She could run fast, but eventually--It would stop her.

Who knew the amount of distance from Anathema? Maybe there would be more travelling to do--Malakai was safe most likely, if he had managed to manipulate the border-sentries enough. There would likely be no problem of his presence--As his hide wouldn't be torn apart on a whim. Heart fluttering in her small ribcage, the youth settled by a tree to relax and painfully try to shift. Her sore limbs almost groaned from the transformation, popping into the proper sockets and arranging themselves on a proper, bipedal stance. What could this form do for her? The shift had cost her plenty of time--None could be wasted. Finding the first branch on the tree, Elody began to climb.

Never in her life had the hybrid climbed so fast, or at least it felt that way. Frantically grasping different, more stable-limbs, the Lykoi princess found herself higher up than she had been before. What could be worse? Death by the nasty jaws of wolves or a broken neck from the fall? Hopefully her small frame could keep the branch from breaking, and the tawny speckles in her pelt could provide an adequate camoflauge. But what about her scent? Were the New Dawn wolves already hunting her? Could Malakai mislead them and take them elsewhere? In fear, she closed her eyes.
[html]

OOC: So sorry about the wait guys. Computer broke and I had no way of posting until my student loans came in so I could buy a new one. Good news is I'm back! Zalen and Epsilons feel free to join. WC: 300

Malakai was irritating the golden Epsilon more and more with every passing moment. She couldn’t believe the nerve of him, trying to tell her what to do with the security measures of her own pack. No longer trying to keep up appearances, the girl’s fur was at full bristle, lips threatening to peel back over her pearly white canines to display her rampant irritation. “I will call Zalen after all, perhaps he can convince you that your presence is no longer needed as it seems I’ve failed.”

Just as she lifted her muzzle to the sky to call for the onyx Alpha, the call of a coyote sounded from across the territory. Ciara froze each muscle stiffening as she listened. She couldn’t decipher the message but there was an aggressive tone to it, which would be surprising if Ciara could only see the small coyote who was making the cry.

Before Malakai had finished his “suggestion” Ciara’s call had burst forth. She called for Zalen, and dipped private tones in the howl to call her mate to the other border and alert the other Epsilons as well. She was confident that neither the coyote nor the Luperci would be able to understand the messages she was putting forth. Help was needed. Now.

Breathlessly, she waited for a reply from her packmates, knowing they’d be prompt. Zalen would come to meet her and Malakai, Augustus too undoubtedly, while Kiara and Shadowfang would follow the scent of the coyote in the direction the call had come from. They all had probably heard the sound too, and would be assembling as it were.

New Dawn was on high alert, after all.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC / +4

This evening was dark and especially quiet, unnervingly so. Zalen sat outside the main den site; someone had started a fire here and he was tending to it, despite having absolutely no need for it. The crackling and sputtering of the flames seemed to put him at ease, but any calm demeanor was betrayed by the constant fluttering and turning of his onyx ears. He knew the borders were being well patrolled, and that all the ones who needed to be protected were close by, but he still could not help to have the feeling that the air was pregnant with the possibilities of dark tidings.

His mind began to wander, began to flicker like the shadows cast by the fire, as he prodded the glowing coals with a stick. Suddenly, a ghostly cry came the distant call of a coyote; his head immediately shot up and ears pricked at the sound. Though it had startled him, it did not give him much pause; Inferni was nearby, and on clear nights like this their calls could often be heard. This call had been much closer however, which he supposed had been the reason he had been so startled, and he turned back to the fire to continue his musings. Before he could begin to do so however, a loud booming call of a wolf started up like a fountain near the borders. Zalen was immediately on his feet; it was Ciara, and he recognized the worry in her call.

The Alpha let out a loud whine, alerting any others in the den that he was going to investigate, and he dropped to all fours and was off galloping like a wild horse. As soon as he was several yards away from the firelight, his form melted into the shadows like a ghost. It did not take long to make the trip to the borders, and as he neared he could smell Ciara, and another. She soon came into view, her light coat standing out clearly in the sickle moonlight, but the other was harder to see for he was dark. Zalen’s hackles rose as he neared, but slowed to a trot until he was next to his Epsilon’s side, his breath billowed out into the chill air. In his Optime form, on all fours and in a dominant posture, he looked quite formidable, but the dark, unknown male before him was large as well, even in Lupus. Zalen was on edge, and he did not immediately acknowledge the stranger, but instead turned to Ciara, I heard a coyote. He was wondering if the cry he had heard prior to her howl had anything to do with this dark man’s presence.

<style type="text/css">
.zalen-widow b {font-weight:bold; color:#7b6653; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3e250f; }
.zalen-widow p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zalen-widow {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#110f0f; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/66epvr.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 240px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4f3f31; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zalen-widow p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zalen-widow p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
The grey beta was in a dark mood. He'd come across the scent of an intruder during his patrols. Tharin should have noticed earlier. He'd been heading in the opposite direction though, and the scent had already crossed into the pack for some time. He ran smoothly across the pasture, a growl building in his throat. Tharin was briefly distracted by the strange battle cry that sounded. It was behind him though, and he figured it didn't mean merely as much as the scent that he was currently following.

Ciara's howl only set him higher on edge. Reaching the small group Tharin snarled, twisting to face the stranger. Who is this intruder? What's he doing here? Tharin was all for passing over formalities and just attacking him, but Zalen was there. The alpha would be the one to set the tone for this. His muscles tense he eyed the giant wolf. He looked pretty formidable, but it didn't intimidate Tharin. He was used to being outsized, with the luperci towering over him. He'd take on the wolf all the same.