I've got trouble in my veins[AW]
[html]

Any and all welcome o:

Leilah had decided to try and stay within the caves for a few days. She would definitely miss the warm sun on her brown coat, but it wasn't shining much anymore nowadays. For the past few days the air and sky had been hinting that there was something coming.. She had hopped it would be just a small rain storm, but with each day the air was that was once a lovely light azure fades to a bit closer to grey.

She had spent all of today wandering around the Howling caverns. Quite a few times she had found herself lost and not knowing how to get back to the more familiar parts of the cave, but most of the adults were willing to help her find her way back. Eventually she couldn't help but feel like she would never be able to know these lands as well as everyone else.. And that was just one of the ways she had begun to feel out of place. Everyone she had met so far was older than herself. It was nice to not have to always compete for attention, but she also didn't have anyone to really connect with. She couldn't cuddle up next to them, or plead with them to go on an adventure with her. She was sure she could probably find an adult willing to travel, but they were far to responsible. She didn't just want to look at things, she wanted to interact! To play! The dog let out a puppish sigh. Eventually these needs to occasionally engage in reckless behavior would fade into the depths of her mind as she grew older-- Only really tempting her when she was in extreme emotional states. But for now, she was just a mere cub. Dogs matured slower than wolves, more so mentally than physically.

The dog had left her silver bracelets at home, bringing along only her satchel. Fortunately it was pretty light in size, due to only having a few crystals within in it. She lingered around the thought of taking the wristlets with her, but decided that the sound of the jewelry colliding with the gems would eventually begin to cause annoyance-- Either in herself, or some one else who picked up the noise. The dog wandered in to one of the cave rooms, finding her nose overwhelmed with various scents. Differing jarred goods sat upon shelves, and a few on the floor. Some of them had what seemed like labels, though they were ripped and torn almost to the point of being illegible. But, alas, the written markers wouldn't have done her much good anyways. She hadn't the ability to read or write. Leilah went by her nostrils, running over to the lowest platform of the shelf then using her nose to nudge off the cap. Most of the lids were screwed on, but a few had been carelessly left open. As soon as the lid fell to the ground, a powerful scent rose up from the jar. It had some what of an earthy, minty scent. She wrinkled her nose, backing up and then trotting across the room to another shelf.

Her nose twitched as she picked up smells from all over the cavern room. Her next target was found on the second shelf.. "I can reach it," She thought, rolling her eyes at the doubt she had encountered at first. She propped herself up on her back legs, placing her two large, awkward paws atop the slightly higher shelf. As soon as she applied a bit of pressure, she could tell it was not steady. But the smell. She had never smelt anything this good that wasn't meat! "Just a little more," She said aloud, licking her lips as she leaned forward. The next few things happened all to quickly for her to really comprehend. The platform in which she had been resting her paws on had collapsed. It was now going diagonally across and resting on one of the jars that were on the first shelf. She laid flat out on the ground, dazed after the flurry of movements her body had went through in an attempt to land as safety as possible.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

<style type="text/css">
.tabletemplate-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#5E5A80; letter-spacing:1px; }
.tabletemplate-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tabletemplate-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.tabletemplate-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://oi46.tinypic.com/9pt3dt.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:repeat; border:3px double #5E5A80; padding: 10px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", "Book Antiqua", Palatino, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.tabletemplate-a01-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#5E5A80; text-shadow:#4A466C 0px 2px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:20px 25px;}
</style>[/html]
OOC:Hello there. Didn't get a chance to say it yet, but welcome to anathema, even though I'm a bit late on saying so. Also making up for when I didn't post during the repairs. And now we get to see Lukos freak out.

Lukos grumbled to himself in annoyance. After the hurricane a week or two ago, things have been boring in comparison to before. True, the entire time since they left the caves they were hiding in, he had been working to restore his house in the village to its previous condition. Luckily there weren't many trees standing next to it, but the wind itself did a number to the second floor, which in turn wrecked the ceiling of the first floor. He had to chop the wood that fell thorough and recycle it to repair the floors again. And that was another thing, the floors. The storm blew water thorough the shattered glass, which made the window rooms have wet floorboards. It took him the whole time from the time he got home to this day to put everything back the way it was.

Taking a break from the restoration, he went to the caves and started exploring again. He took the same path in as the last time, down to the storage room. Instead of going to look if any books survived the flooding, he heard a small whine from somewhere in the caves. Intrigued, he made his way across the storage area and into the commons room, wondering if someone got lost. Wandering into the kitchen, if a room that large could be called that, hearing a lid fall from one of the adjoining rooms.He smelled a strange yet unmistakeable pack member coming from what seemed to be the spice room.

After walking into the room, Lukos found a comically classic scene of a pup trying to get to a sweet-smelling jar on a shelf too high. He couldn't help but laugh as the pup vainly struggled to reach the jar. A bit strange though. I don't recall a dog pup being in the pack. His amusement quickly turned to fear as the poor thing collapsed the shelf she had used to attempt to get at the jar. He quickly rushed to her side to check for any visible injuries. "Are you alright? Can you hear me?" Lukos had no medical training, so he had know idea what to look for.
[html]

Thanks love!

Leilah had failed to pick up both the scent and sound from the entrance of Lukos. The mixture of smells arising from the various dried goods tainted the clarity of his scent, and the sound created from the clutter meeting the hard ground hid his footsteps. When she finally picked up the noise of the approaching man, she almost jumped out of her fur. She assumed he had been watching her for a while, considering how quickly he had come to her aid.

"I'm okay," she said, her fluffy tail wiggling beneath her. The dog got to her feet, shaking out the particles of stored goods that were sticking to her brown fur. She looked over the man, studying his untamed fur. It was a very light shade of brown, especially compared to hers. He was extremely large opposed to the small pup.. In a way, it made her feel protected. With such large canines in her pack, who would dare attack them! Her first instinct was to assume that he had come to this room on business, rather than to adhere to her desire for knowledge and friendship. But that did not stop her from starting to question him. She circled around Lokus, mocking a motion similar to the one first done by Malakai upon greeting her when she first came to join Anathema a few days ago. She circled around him just once before plopping herself down right in front of him. "What's your name? Mine is Leilah. " She stared intently at the man, almost challenging his bright yellow eyes with her own.

After waiting what she considered a good amount of to wait for his response, she bombarded him with a request. "Can you teach me something?" It was a very open question. There were so many possible things to teach someone-- Especially when they're of such a young age. Of course it was also a matter of weeding out the things that this person already knew. But this wasn't such a problem for her.. Although she had always had a never quenching thirst for knowledge, but in her old, smaller pack, there very many people to teach her. "It doesn't matter what. You can tell me a story or something, too!"

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

<style type="text/css">
.tabletemplate-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.tabletemplate-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://oi46.tinypic.com/9pt3dt.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:repeat; border:3px double #5E5A80; padding: 10px 0px 15px 0px; font-family: "Palatino Linotype", "Book Antiqua", Palatino, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.tabletemplate-a01-name {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#5E5A80; text-shadow:#4A466C 0px 2px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:20px 25px;}
</style>[/html]
OOC:No problem.

"Oh, that's good. I'm no medic, ill tell you that." He sat on the ground, trying to recover from his near panic attack. A raging bear I can handle. A hurricane I can handle. Someone as scary as Alaki, I can crawl away with a slither of dignity. A puppy almost dying, I freak out like a little girl. He shook his head at this logic. His attenion returned to the pup, who was now circling him like bird of prey. Or a wolf... Watching the little pup plop in front of him, he couldn't help but chuckle. "Leilah, huh? That's a pretty name. Mine's Lukos." Returning the pup's stare with a half-smile.

Her request caught him off guard a bit. Most of what Lukos knew wouldn't help her much, with her still being a pup. "Well I would love to teach you, but first I need to know what you've already learned. Wouldn't want to look silly trying to teach you what you already know, would I now?" He knew archery, which is useless to someone her age. There was woodworking, which was also pointless. He had a extensive knowledge of plants and poisons from spending so much time in forests when he was young... Lukos snapped out of his attentive thoughts at her latest request. "Now that's something I can easily do. If you want I can do both..." He thout of a story he could tell. Ah, I know just the tale. This is a much better alternative than wandering around aimlessly in the caves. He actually might be some use to Anathema now.
[html]

Thanks love!

"A medic.." She didn't think they had one of those in her old pack. But then again, none of them really got injured. If they did, and it was really bad, they were just kind of left for dead. One of the older members had told her a story about a wolf that was once part of their pack, back when they were allowed, who had had his jaw knocked out of place by the hoof of a deer. This story wasn't really what caused her to sleep unsoundly, it was the fact that they spoke about how one of the pack members were chosen to kill him. This dog said that it was to put him out of his 'misery'-- But that brought little peace to her bothered stomach at the time.

"Lukos is a pretty name too. Like a flowa'." She tried to get her pronunciation of his name correctly, using the way he had said it as a standard. Despite this, it still came out a bit off. Her speech was quite good for someone of her age, but names were a different story. "I don't know much.." She replied genuinely. When she heard his words of approval towards her idea of telling a tale, she grew excited. Stories, she thought, were almost just as good as learning new stuff. In a way, she actually considered them the same thing. Most fables she was told contained some type of moral , even if she ceased to realize it. "Both please, Mr.Lukos. I have crystals if you want something for your troublin'." She slid off her satchel, leaving it open as a offer to the kind man. The dog circled around, warming up the floor a bit with her paws before settling down. She curled up into a little ball, wrapping her tail around her and peaking just her eyes out. "Ready,"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
OOCTongueoor Leilah. Exposed to horrors at a young age.

Lukos slipped out an actual laugh at the pup's words. "A flower huh? I guess you could say that." Never heard of a flower that hunted animals. He couldn't help but smirk at the dog's attempt to pronounce his name. He gave a nod of mock wisdom at the girl's honest words. "Well that leaves me with some teaching choices." he looked down at the satchel of crystals. Oh no I can't take this. Finding such a friendly face in these caves is rewarding enough." he said as he closed it. I can't take from such a sweet pup, unlike some. I just hope this innocence isn't lost somewhere in her life.

He watched the pup spin around and curl up on the floor. "Well, I would think to do the teaching lesson first and then the story would be better, but seeing as you already made yourself cozy..." He thought of something to say, something a pup might be interested in. Struck with a sudden thought, he cleared his throat. "A couple of years ago, before you were born, two wolves met in the wilderness. They were from different packs but they became the best of friends. They loved each other very much, and traveled the world together.". Lukos quickly searched for a way to incorporate the next part without having to answer questions that shouldn't be answered till later. "Then one day they found a pup younger than you, a newborn. Since the pup was all alone, they took him and raised him as their own. They taught him everything they knew as he grew older. Then when he was ten months old, tried to travel thorough a pack's borders. Before they got across, the pack found them and got angry with them. The two adult wolves were so scared that they told the younger pup to run as they distracted the pack. The little pup ran so far, he forgot where they where when he left." He paused for a second, looking down at his hands. "The poor, lost young wolf ran to a river, where he sat and cried on how he lost his guardians. Then, from nowhere, a nice she-wolf came out from the thin air, and took the pup to her pack on the coast. At first they welcomed him, for the she-wolf told them to treat him as a pack member. Though they were fishers, the pup would always be a hunter in the woods. He spent most his time out in the forest, coming to the fishers before night to sleep. As he grew even older, the fishers began to not like the outsider. And one day, the she-wolf that took care of him became sick. Then the villagers began to not like the wolf more and more, until he ran away, not feeling loved anymore by the ones he grew up with."

Lukos gave a sigh, wondering if he left anything out. "The wolf, now grown up, traveled north. He eventually found Anathema, and settled here. You might even see him every once and a while. He doesn't come to the caves often though. He likes to live in the village because it reminds of the fishers, even though they didn't like him in the end. And that's the story of how we gained a member." He folded his arms together, looking at the ceiling of the caves. He looked again at Leilah. "So, did you like the story?"

"Anyways, it's lesson time. Since we're already here, and I'm too lazy to go outside, I'm going to show you what is good and not good to eat out in the wild." Lukos stood up and looked at the spice labels around him on the selves. "Ah, lets see. Well, do you want to know about tasty snacks, or nasty poisons?"
[html]

Right! poor bb

"They.. They didn't look for the pup? Who would do th-" Leilah stopped short. This story made it feel all though something inside her was breaking. It was as though the words from this tale had reached directly into her chest, past her rib cage, and squeezed her heart. The realization struck hard and sudden-- As a snake lashes out at it's unsuspecting victim. She was but a wee pup, and her world had suddenly just got a lot colder. Most hope for their youngins' not to be exposed to the world's true coldness until they get older. Up until this point, she hadn't been angry at her pack. It was her fault.. Wasn't it? She didn't follow the rules. But when she thought of the situation that had been depicted in the story, it affronted her. The pup's pack simply hadn't looked hard enough for him. But hers? They knew she needed them, and pushed her away anyways. Soon after this awareness had struck her, she swallowed the emotions that came with it. "For a later time.." This man was willing to teach her. Nevertheless, for no cost! And she was caught up in her past. What foolishness! "I.. I did like it. He was happy in the end." She said, her partially hidden eyes glued to the cavern floor. "Maybe I can be too.." She muttered, attempting to convince herself that she actually believed this.

Tasty snacks, or poison? She almost could not believe that he even thought he had to ask that question. "Snackies, of course!" She said, uncurling herself from her ball. She lowered the upper half of her body, putting her rump in the air and stretching. When she turned her attention back to the man, she was almost taken off-guard by his size. She knew that he was large, but now he seemed huge! Her lavender coloured eyes widened in surprise, "You're big!" She said, shaking her head. It was amusing to think that one day she would even grow anywhere near his size.

There is no such thing as darkness; only a failure to see.
<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
OOC:Aw, I made her sad. Time for quick recovery.

Lukos looked at the pup as the story sunk in to her, realizing that his story was more depressing than he thought. I've always been able to live with the fact that I will never see them again, but I've never told anyone that much about myself. I think I just did what I didn't want to happen to her as a bonus. I shouldn't get carried away like that. "I don't think you get the morale of the story. When something bad happened to the pup, something really good happened to him almost immediately after it. The world doesn't like to have sad puppies."

There was something else Lukos didn't realize until now. The pup was totally alone. No one was in here at time but him and her, and he didn't see anyone outside that she could belong to. That means, either her parent or parents don't care, or they're not here. So, is she like me? Without a family, she just happens to find Anathema? The little dog's voice once again from his deep thinking. "Snackies, eh? Why did I even ask. Lets see here." Lukos learned to read a little from the same parents that he lost to the pack, and has been learning more and more in by himself and the books in the library. There were a few labels he couldn't read what they were, but most of the others he could read just fine. He was looking for something sweet when he remembered the pot that had attracted the pup to where she fell. As he moved toward it, he read the label: Sweet Basil. Seeing the shelf below not yet fixed, he put it back with the jars on the top. He then took the jar of basil off the shelf above and opened the lid.

The pure, overwhelming smell of sweet and spice overcame him. Now I know why Leilah wanted the jar so bad. It smells incredible! The leaves weren't dried out, so he took one out and nibbled it. The leaf gave off a warm feeling, and made Lukos feel slightly drowsy. "If I recall correctly, this a type of basil called sweet basil, which makes you feel warm and tired. It also makes your belly feel better if its been hurting lately." It also fights parasites and improves indigestion, but its also a mild sedative. Come to think of it, it was a bad idea to eat that leaf. He set the jar on the ground and sat beside it, holding another leaf. "As I you can see, basil has a bright green color, with a round end. Any questions?"