[Aw] - Letters From Mom
November 1, Wolf's Peak... Night Time
[html]

Form :: (Optime-First) *Sucui-Second*

The night have been cold, yet without a home to sleep in, he was left to fend for himself within the crisp night time air. About him, the steady chirp and buzz of several insignificant insects and rodents seemed keen on letting themselves be known. How... how they could still create their music in this weather was extremely unsettling. Perfects he should have rubbed his legs together, made sure that he created a song as well as something beautiful. For the short moment that it took him to finish carving the circular piece of wood, his eyes kept escaping from his work to slip toward the sky. Now... now he was creating something he'd wanted to do for a while. The moon. He'd never found a piece of wood who's grain seemed to run in such a circular pattern. Perhaps it was his lucky day, but then again... the paper folded within several envelopes stood out in the night time air, brightened by the slight gleam of the moons light casting off of the brilliantly white paper, only marred slightly with his name written in perfectly detailed letters on the front.

Without a ruse of a moment's hesitation, he let the bald, carved wood thump against the ground at his feet all the shavings that had been carved away. Those fiery orange eyes flashed indiscriminately before he quickly reached out to take hold of the small bundle, tied together with a knotted cord of vine, the near copper toned coloring of his mane's hair and untied it from its wooden clasp. It was time he read these things, learned of some of the things happening with his mother. The one who'd left him to be with a new mate. For a long time, he couldn't understand why she'd let him go when he was her everything. They'd spent so much time together, yet it seemed her eyes had died out about the same time his father left. With a single clawed digit, he broke the seal that blocked his entrance to the first letter. It was written to him and dated not long after he'd left his mother's side. The words seemed to carve an intricate pattern into the paper, one he might not have been able to understand had it not been for his constant need to learn everything around him.

'Dear Leviothan,
today was one of the hardest days of my life. I had to watch my son walk away from me with tears in his eyes, with no understanding of how he was to survive other then the carving knife he'd found on a hunting trip. The moment you left was the moment my heart broke for what I knew would be the last time. I never understood what it meant to be a parent and much more, what it meant to be a mother. After your brothers and your little sister left us to be with whoever created us, I wanted to be certain that I taught you always to be true to yourself. And I understand that you don't get along with the new mate that I've chosen, but baby, this is my decision and I can't change it. It's time for me to be happy, for me to grow when..'
He stopped suddenly at what he'd been doing. Reading it was hard with his somewhat limited reading skills, yet he understood the just of things. His mother started off by explaining that she was sad about the way things had turned out, even tried to explain why she'd done it, yet it couldn't stop the burn of tears from reaching the corners of his eyes.

He quickly set the letter down. It was near time for bed and the fact that he hadn't gotten any sleep in the past day wore down upon his body. Regardless, he had to finish the letter. Silently but efficiently, he lowered onto his stomach, arms before him upon the ground. In an almost vicious, grotesque manner, his bones began changing. For him to take on such a human like form, the bones would have gotten longer, more sturdy in order to hold him up, his spine would have had to make a different turn and approach of things. With a simple grace to it, despite all the pain that it may of caused, soon he'd taken the favored Secui form that he so loved. Even upon the ground, his legs curled upon themselves, a single paw held in front of him, locked onto the paper that stood out upon the ground. He was sure that his lengthened claws couldn't penetrate the paper, as long as he made sure not to press into it too hard. In this form, his pelt had lost its length, retreating from being a mane despite his desired approach, but the clean, perfected cut that he'd styled it with was very much still there, sending a slightly coarse copper red tuft of fur right down the middle of his spike to settle against his shoulders, not quite as far as the Optime form's, yet just enough. He looked more bestial then in his lupus form, somewhat like his Optime in nature.

He quickly went back to reading what was written. ----'.. you, yourself, have grown so very much into the loving wolf your father and I wished you to be. I'm sorry that in the end, you didn't get to know the wolf I'd fallen in love with. He shouldn't have left, but you know, it's his loss, not ours. You may not have a father in Silace, but you do have someone who can relate to you. His parents were killed when he was a younger pup so he grew up without both. Don't tell him I told you, of course, I doubt he'd understand my reasoning for telling you. For now, I'll have to end this letter on a gentle note.. I love you sweetheart. Make your momma proud of you. Join a pack that can love you as I do. Love, mom.' Now he really couldn't help it. The tears fell freely, staining his usually dried fur covered cheeks a deep russet color, despite how the night time air seemed to paint him a murky, muddy brown. He looked about then because he smelled something, someone.

Word Count :: 1050 | OOC :: I know we'll be switching the board soon, but I really feel the urge to write and role play. Whoever does so with me now will probably find this reposted when we move to the new board so that we can continue off there if you don't want to finish it within the time we have left.|Table By: Ann

[/html]
She had decided to travel further south that day. Oplader was with her, interchanging between a gallop and a trot. It was actually a fair amount of fun, crossing the grounds. She had been working with getting him to listen better to her commands, and overall it seemed to be working pretty well. The night had fallen, but she didn't pay it much mind. She could still steer easily over the rocky ground. Adelle did have to slow down. When it became truly rocky Adelle dismounted from his back and walked beside the large stallion.

The scent of a nearby canine caught her attention. Adelle lifted her head, scenting the wind. It was a male from the art pack. He was by himself. Perhaps he was doing some trade. Or hunting. He could be hunting. It seemed pretty unlikely even to herself, but she could imagine it was that way. Murmuring softly to Oplader she turned and headed in his direction. Icy blue eyes found the form of a dark male, crouched in the halfling form. She couldn't see what he was looking at, but she could smell his tears. A bit awkwardly now Adelle stopped, leaning on her horse. Are you alright?
[html]
OOC::

He hadn't expected anyone to come that night, much less a woman and a beautiful one at that. Even if she was the largest Luperci he'd seen so far. For a brief moment, he forgot how to speak and the immediate embarrassment of being caught at such a vulnerable moment seemed to catch his mind, those fur coated cheeks of his coloring all the more darker. No matter how much he tried to swipe those copper-hued paws of his over the stained fur of his cheeks, he couldn't get the wet streaks to fade so he didn't even try. Instead he forced himself up from the ground, his scarred snout pushing at the letters that were bundled nearby, "I'm fine. Sorry, I didn't think anyone was out here." His words stop the moment he takes note of Oplader, the steed she seems to be leaning against, his nose points into the air to take in a long breath, all the scents he can. His ears stand at attention to catch even the slightest hint of sound, his bushy tail poised lazily, even slightly slumped to sway heedlessly.

"You can join me if you'd like. I was just about to start a fire. I have some food too." He could tell she wasn't from Cercatori d'Arte, mostly because of her scent, but also because she seemed as fit as a horse. Not that the others in CdA couldn't reach that point. But as artists and a possible stereotype, they were moderately less muscular, more focused on their activities and every day life. The coiled muscles flaring through his halfling form seemed tense, taut as if he were ready to attack, though despite this, he didn't move from his spot and actually lowered his head as if trying to prove a hint of respect toward any of his fellow wolf kind. "Pardon the mess. I was carving a moment ago. Shavings make it easier to start fires." He reached over to paw at the half finished carving of the moon. It didn't seem like much, considering how the moon seemed to hold far more beauty, but the mesh of clouds that floated along the wood's exquisite scenery appeared to make the piece's proclamation.

"May I also ask your name? I'm Leviothan Moonbreaker, Craftsmen from Cercatori d'Arte. I work with wood, some times stone and metal." His longer claws tear at the ground beneath his feet in anticipation, his head tilting as if he wanted to hear every single thing that the gold and black Luperci before him had to say.

<style type="text/css">
.vc-LM-2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#c0c0c0;}
.vc-LM-2 p {text-indent:15px; padding:3px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vc-LM-2 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/jxFSt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f9baa; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 305px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Times, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 426 | Table Made By: Taliesin
[/html]
He seemed pretty embarrassed to be seen by her as he was. His cheeks just kept going darker, and Adelle wasn't sure that was entirely because of tears. He kept rubbing at his face trying to get it clear before giving up, sinking down lower. Adelle's tail swayed, noting the bundle of letters. He must have received some news that upset him, or reminded him too much of the past. Adelle knew what that was like. She felt the same pain at times. She opened her mouth to offer something comforting, or at least attempt some wise advice. The look in his eyes when he turned to Oplader silenced her though. His stare was far too hungry for her liking. Oplader stamped his feet, nostrils flaring. He was a pretty cocky horse, and was ready to show off. Adelle tugged on his reins, silencing him for now.

Nodding her head she stepped closer cautiously. She released Oplader's reins to let the heavy horse graze, lowering herself to the ground. Sounds nice. At least he wasn't crying anymore. Adelle wouldn't push him if he didn't want to talk about it. Ice blue eyes looked at the letters again, a scrutinizing gaze in her eyes. They meant something. His tense frame didn't bother her. It actually reminded her a little of Raoth. The slave was always so volatile, ready to strike out. She didn't have a clue how Aro managed to handle the coyote. I'm Adelle Vilhelmsen, a fedele in Casa di Cavalieri. I'm training as a warrior for the pack. She held herself a little taller as she spoke, the cold depression that used to grip her fading and turning to a sharp edged pride. The mess is fine. Here. She struck her flint hard, catching the shavings on fire.
[html]
OOC: Sorry for the wait. I got to sleeping and my body did not want to wake itself up with its normal natural body alarm clock. ._.

Within moments of her arriving, his face had turned in her direction, set, watching her intently through those fiery orange eyes of his. He could tell that by the look in her eyes that maybe she understood him. Maybe she had caught sight of the notes that were so carelessly placed upon the ground. As she opened her mouth to speak, he turned to look at her immediately. The horse was exceptionally good looking, but not in the food manner. Leviothan had already eaten once today. He smiled politely for an instant when she introduced herself. She had a good name, one he'd never heard before. 'I'm Adelle Vilhelmsen,' he heard her say. His head tilted slightly in thick bemusement when she had finished speaking the second time. And with that, he quickly moved closer to the wood shavings to bring them closer into a pile, away from the letters and various other items he'd brought along with himself.

He'd already taken a few steps back from the pile before he caught sight of Adelle holding herself a bit taller then she had been. Pride. It was something he knew well. Regardless, he had indeed stopped crying and such was all on her. A good thing perhaps because soon the sight of sparks illuminated the night before there was a small fire that was slowly being built in front of him with a small gathering of twigs, branches and other assorted burnables. The copper toned secui turned to gaze at Adelle only when she'd finished speaking. "Thank you! I was just going to go the hard way with branch on branch." Comically, he blinked a few times before realizing how stupid he'd sounded. He couldn't help but chuckle slightly before his eyes darted to the notes again, a paw pushing them, along with a little dirt, back into his rucksack that lay near where he'd been.

"I was just reading some notes that I hadn't read. From an old loved one," he announced as if it were a big secret that he was just getting off of his chest. "Here! I have some dried fish, some deer jerky and a small bit of beef cubes. Any to your preference?" His snout prodded against the inside of his pack before a small plastic bag was taken free, clamped within his jaws. With a rearing of his head and a quick snap, he tossed it toward Adelle without another moment's wait. "Have as much as you'd like. I'd offer something for your.. horse, but I don't have any hay or oats on me." He watched her fitfully, those orange eyes of his following her every move. She may have been able to tell by now that the only reason he seemed tensed, taut as if strike was because his body was built like that. Behind him, his tail had even began its new speedy sway.

"So what brings you out to the middle of no where?" He finally relented unto his curiosity. Hunting perhaps? Trading? If so, the horse... He immediately waived the thought free of his mind. He could tell by the way she'd been able to silence the horse that she wouldn't part with it so easily. Especially considering the hungry looks he'd given it earlier on. He shook his head before smiling back at her. "A warrior, huh? I've not met many of them. Is it what you'd expect if you're looking at it from the outside?"

wc: 575table by alli
[/html]
She smiled lightly at the fire colored male. Don't mention it. She had learned how to make fire that way, and it was a pain. The flint and steel she owned was definitely one of her most prized possessions. It made her life much easier. If she could help start up a fire this way and save someone else the trouble she was glad to do it. The notes were pushed out of sight as Adelle sat down, warming herself up with the flames. She didn't necessarily need it, but she liked the toasty warmth that it gave her, reminding her of stretching out and playing in front of the fireplace as a pup while Grandpa snoozed.

Adelle listened to his announcement, nodding her head. She could read thanks to Aly's challenge. She hadn't been able to back down from it, tackling the challenge of reading as if it was a battle all to itself. The deer jerky sounds good. She had been spoiled in Casa. With how close they were to the water there was always plenty of fresh fish. It made the salted stuff harder to stomach. I was training Oplader. I suppose it is what it looks like. Adelle's frank nature had her take most things at face value.