PLOT - SNOWSTORM - AniWaya
So you've noticed we have a board-wide plot going on? Yeah, we're not free from this blizzard's grasp either! AniWaya is the southernmost pack at 'Souls, and though you'd think the damages would be less because of this, the ones we sustain are perhaps no less grave. AniWayans are not prepared at all to handle such a crisis, though they will likely see it coming shortly before it hits with its full force; here are the damages:

[html]General damages
D'Alli Ranger Station
The station's old, rusty ladder has been dangerous to climb for a while. With the winds of this storm, it is finally torn away, rendering the building unavailable.

The Spirit Oak
The oak is old, and even the wisest of the tribesmembers have failed to determine just how old, though it was already dead when AniWaya settled there. Ravaged by moistness and rot in the warmer halves of the year, it spends the winter frozen, and the blizzard's winds was just the final push to topple it over.

Officially thread-able damages
    The Village
  • The customary way of building huts is much more suitable further south, and the blizzard swipes most huts over with ease as it passes, like toppling cards. Anything but new and professionally built homes are likely to become destroyed, unless constructed in a sheltered area or merged with the ground (a dug den, for example). Some members may foresee this happening in time as the storm approaches, but others may not be so lucky.
  • Thread: Feb 6th - My world is coming down - people post here about their characters moving from their huts to the Town Hall, or other places they will seek refuge. They can do so either calmly, or panicky, or somewhere in between (have fun Tongue). The storm will already have become quite bad by now, so I think a sense of urgency is natural. Some older or frailer huts may have collapsed already. Players who want their characters to have sought refuge before this point in time can post here as well, just mark your posts.
    Thread starter: Dawali
    Participants: Dawali, Nayati (in general people can just post here wildly)

• The Town Hall is built more sturdy, and serves as a refuge for most AniWayans. However when the storm calms on Feb 8th - how will they get out? Snowed in, the members inside must find a way to escape it and search for other survivors and salvage their homes.
  • Thread: Feb 8th/9th - Trapped - Snowed in in the Town Hall. Expecting mothers and old will need the main entrance to get out, though younger and more agile members can maybe squeeze out of one of the two windows and start digging or call for help. Luckily, the Town Hall holds shovels somewhere in its storage compartments along the wall.
    Thread starter: Nayati
    Participants: Dawali, Sakari, Ayasha, Liliana, Nayati, Océane

• The Stables is a building originally built by humans, and being so old it seems to have offered less of a challenge to the storm than some huts. It has taken surprisingly little damage, though the main entrance is open and free for all, and in the panic of the storm some cattle and a few horses have escaped. Have they perished? Are we able to bring them back in to a stable that can hold them safely?
  • Thread: Feb 9th - A Run for your Life - Some horses and cattle have escaped, and someone need to fix the stable's missing main entrance, so we have somewhere to keep them safely again. Some of the animals may have died or sustained injuries, and will need to be taken care of.
    Thread starter: ??
    Participants: Liliana, Nayati

• The Great Fire has been torn over and is extinguished sometime during February 7th. This is a bad omen, and also puts us in a very bad position with the spirits! It must be corrected as soon as possible. Highly spiritual members of the pack might feel this obligation stronger than that of saving their own homes
  • Thread: Feb 9th - The terrible failures of our people - The Great Fire is dead. Help!
    Thread starter: Ralla
    Participants: Sanuye, Océane

Some guidelines/info/other:
  1. Thread starter is not necessarily me.
  2. All threads have a free posting order/no posting order
  3. You are of course free to decide whether your character is, at the time of the storm, located in the Village, outer AniWaya or elsewhere. Perhaps they need to seek refuge in another pack, or dig themselves a hole and hope for the best? The other damages listed (D'alli Ranger Station and the Spirit Oak) are freely available for your character to witness as they occur during the storm, if you want your character to be elsewhere in AW than in the Village. These events will not be threads unless individual characters witness them.
  4. Please reply to this topic with information on which thread you'd like to be in, and whether you volunteer to start it.
  5. If you want your character's horse to die (or your character to die! :O), please post here so the stable thread/other threads are accurate! Smile
  6. Thread succession/timeline is as follows:
    1. Feb 6th - Fleeing to the Town Hall
    2. Feb 8th/9th - Escaping the snowed-in Town Hall
    3. Feb 9th - And then the two threads with the Great Fire and the Stables happen during the same day, though not necessarily at the same time. Re-lighting the Great Fire will not take up lots of time, so I guess people can participate in both if they want to do so Smile The areas are close to each other, so I see absolutely no problem with this!
[/html]

PLOTPLOTPLOT Big Grin
Liliana is going to be so sad Sad
anyways I'm in for the town hall one and i will talk to Erin but I don't think she will be too put off by Lili and nayati's hut being blown away since they need a bigger one hehehe
Sakari would prolly be with Dawali wouldn't she? After all she already got told that she had to stay warm.
Yeah, Liliana and Nayati's hut can definitely be blown down, though maybe they can get a good amount of belongings out and to the Town Hall before it gets totally demolished :x

Nayati can definitely be a part of the Village thread and the Town Hall thread, and I'd be willing to start the Town Hall one since I can totally imagine Nayati being Mr. Action and feeling the need to help take charge and get them dug out Big Grin

I also PM'd you about an idea between CD and AW Marit, so lemme know what you think about that :o
I'm sure if we can work out dates and get Sanuye back before the storm hits she can work on the Great Fire plot. She may be silent, but she still attends to her duties.
Nice, I added you guys! Erin: PM'd you. F'yRa; would you like to be the one to start the Great Fire thread? I feel that Sanuye being so passionate about it, it could fit?
Sure I can do that. Her home is a den so she won't care too much about it {aside from finding a place for Niyol} but yeah, I can start it. We should have a spree thread of her coming back from the Great Tribe then too {Or Sanuye with someone else if you're too busy}.
J'adore made an awesome hut which didn't get damaged much! A bit off loose sticks here and there, but his junk is fine. Which is good cause he'll be stuck in CDA for the storm, due to a really sad plot, which rocks! I decided he'd made a sturdy house since having to rebuild his hut is all he would need XD
Ayasha would probably be with Dawali in the Town Hall. Or she could be lost in the storm and someone needs to find her. Which might be a tad difficult since she's the same color as the snow Tongue
Ocèane would be devestated when she learns about the Great Fire being extiguished! I'm sure she would join the fire thread instead of the great hall, perhaps she could help dig them out afterward too Big Grin
Oh and she would have just finished her new hut right before the blizzard hit, and it will be demolished since it is flimsy Sad
For any AW members that are interested, one of the aftermath CD thread options is to go and help AniWayans rebuild their huts! So feel free to post in the CD snowstorm plot topic if your character would want one of those threads :3
Woo, inter-pack relations!

Ayasha; Dawali will be taking Sakari with him to the Town Hall in time, so I guess he'd take Ayasha with him? If you want, she can be out and lost, but with her age it'd be likely that she dies, and that's kind of inconvenient for you XD
Octave: AW poor Océane xD Good thing CD comes to help!
Dawali: Party pooper Sad But yeah, she'd be with him.
Would love to participate in the Great Fire thread :3 Here's my big question: when does it all happen? >.>
The storm starts on February 5th and lasts until the 7th or 8th
Awesomesauce >:3 Thank you~ ^-^
I see a question mark by Ocèane's name :O

If she is able to both be in the great fire plot and at the town hall she will be in that thread too. I just wasn't sure if they would head to the town hall after lighting the fire or whatever it is that they are going to do (flail hopelessly) Wink
The Great Fire is like... just a few yards away from the Town Hall. I thought the Great Fire thread would occur immediately after the Town Hall one, since getting out of the Town Hall would take priority over lighting a fire that isn't in reach yet when you're snowed in ;D Mainly doing it that way is to just make sure players can be in both if they want Smile
Are anyone interested in the stables? :3 If not we're scrapping the thread completely.
Liliana's the only one that cares about the horses ; ;