Question about requesting puppies
Neela is pregnant and I've been going over the rules for requesting pups. I had initially thought (either due to misreading something when I first joined or something having changed since)that only the posts for the month before the request were looked at for pups, not the entire pregnancy. I had a holiday just after the start of it which has given me a really low post count for the first two week bracket. For the pups ideally I was wanting to be using 2 or 3 points from Neela. If I knuckle down and get really good post counts for her for the rest of the pregnancy do I still have a chance to get approved or has that initial period screwed me over full stop?

Also if I don't meet the requirements for what I request what happens? Does the entire litter get rejected or do I just get allocated a lower amount of pups/pup points I can use that I requested.
Also Jace made a suggestion. If Neela's pups were overdue by two weeks or so that could give her 8 weeks of proper posting. Would that work (8 weeks from an overdue birth) or would it just extend the time looked at to 10 weeks and still include the time when I was on holiday?
I'm not SA but from experience I know that if you request say two like rose and I did our activity only allotted one so SA denied the two but said we could have one.
From the Requests page:

Quote:Puppies are evaluated similarly, though we look at post counts for the full gestation period (eight weeks) over the standard six weeks of an auxiliary character request. Good, average activity will usually reward a player with two puppy points, while stellar, above-average activity will grant three, and less than average -- but not abysmal -- activity will grant one.

.... however I'm pretty sure this is wrong. We use an automatic checker, and AFAIK we do only check for the four most recent weeks rather than the entire gestation period. This does not include the last two weeks of pregnancy since the request is supposed to be made 2 weeks before birth. Double checking on this. o_o

For a delayed birth I've reposted for the 'SA. Not sure about this.

Marie is right about what happens with a denial -- if you were aiming for three and we've only granted two, you're allowed to use the two, you needn't miscarry/kill the entire litter (or even include the non-approved pup in the final litter).