Pack Wars
First off, I am not planning anything. My characters are already quite busy, and I'm not interested in the work needed to actually make something like this work. This is just a question after thinking about a thread I'm in.

One of the surest ways to get packs to battle would be to kill off a pack character. Except nobody wants to be that one character that gets killed. Unless it's temporary. So are there temporary characters you can pick up for such plots? Do you use preybot? Are there nameless npc's in the packs to attack and kill to start these fights? Or would such a thing be impossible, as you actually need a real character to kill.

Again, purely hypothetical. Not planning on killing anything, starting any wars, or anything like that.
1. Temporary characters -- no. We only enact temporary characters for board-wide plots, unfortunately. However! You can always pick up a character for the purposes of using them for a plot and dropping them. Sadly, this does not prevent any of the usual restrictions as to pick up/drop (e.g., waiting a month between characters or waiting two weeks following a drop).

2. Preybot -- this could work, actually. You'd have to discuss it with the pack leader -- essentially, you could assume a character was accepted to the pack. It would have to be a pNPC unless there's a companion NPC slot available for use. Then, you could play this pNPC for one thread via the Preybot account.

But the Preybot account is restricted in that you cannot have more than one thread using the same character (that way people can't abuse Preybot and use it to play another character without actually gaining permission). x: So you'd be restricted to ONE thread if you used Preybot.

3. Nameless NPCs -- again something to be cleared by the pack leader. For SL and IF's Boreas Conflict, for example, we made up three pNPCs for SL and three pNPCs for IF. They were killed during the conflict for just such purposes. c:

Hope that helps! <3