Quick Question
In souls is the written English that the characters speak the same as the written English before humans died off?
That i'm aware the dominant written language is English, the same as the dominant high speech variation.
According to the RP Guide although we write in English or other languages this is for ease of communication on the thread, the characters are actually speaking in high-speech (speech of major predators) and not human English. Characters may speak different languages if they come from different areas of the world but it is still not human speech Smile

Quoted from the RP Guide:
Quote:However, this does not mean that wolves can communicate verbally with humans (if they were even alive). An English-speaking wolf and an English-speaking human would not be able to speak to one another because they use completely different sounds to communicate

You can read more here: http://rpguide.soulsrpg.com/soulsverse/speech/
Yeah, I'm not talking about speaking... but like the written High Speech, does it have it's own alphabet? Could someone who could read / write find books and read them?
Luperci are perfectly capable of learning how to read and comprehend written languages like English (or any other old human language); many of them learn from old human books. As far as I know, most characters who write books are letters are doing so in the same human English. I don't think there's really a way to write down the yips and growls they're technically using in High Speech; I've always just assumed it's English as we understand it. :o
i think to make things simple the written things are basically the same as what any human would write. If it is otherwise than it would be kinda mind boggling... even more
Herp, my bad. Listen to these guys above me.

>.>

<.<

*flees*
Since Luperci learned to read/write from leftover human resources, their written language is the same as the human written language. For most of 'Souls, that language would be English, correct.

While their spoken language is written as English for ease of roleplay, it would technically be that there is some dissonance between Luperci spoken word and their adopted written language. However, it has been established that even though Luperci would not be able to verbally speak with humans (if they were alive), they would be able to effectively communicate with humans via writing. :>

Also, I'm moving this thread to Q&H!