Bar / club?
I know this question has appeared numerous times, but since I am highly interested in making this possible, is anyone particularly interested in a communal area that will be player created and invested?

The ideas I have is to have a warehouse set in either the Thornhill District or Spring Heights sections of Halifax (Debating whether the setting should be "nitty gritty" or sorta "clean"--opinions?) where a small group of NPCs loners have renovated enough in order to house a large number of Luperci at once. As far as NPCs go, here's a basic skeletal idea I have for them:

The Bartender, 5 years old, Male - Rather silent, seemingly serious in appearance, but has a good sense of humor. He is a good listener, and will be willing to hear a sob story from a drunk and giving small comments that may not really be helpful for their situation. Usually the one to break up any fights if they happen, unless it gives him a good laugh. Easy to trade with, his inventory mainly being alcohol, but knows a bad deal when he sees it.

The Performer, 2 years old, Female - Beautiful face, dancer, and singer. She can be a real tease on the stage, but if someone catches her off of it, finds that she has a very down to earth personality, Southern grown and polite. That being said, if advances are made to her, she knows how to deal with the ones she doesn't like--daddy taught her best, and she is able to knock down a grown wolf to his knees. She is a respected figure among the bar's/club's owners despite her young age, and has a dream to make herself worldwide famous, and using this bar/club as a hopeful start.

The Musician, 8 years old, Male - Younger days gone and went, he settled down with the group and lends his diverse musical talents. His music can range to very soulful blues, to very up beat tunes that can set a crowd on their feet. Collaborates closely with the performer, and is almost a fatherly figure for her, and to a greater extent, the whole group. When not performing, he can be seen enjoying a drink. He is the most friendly of the group, and can give wise advice to the stranger to ease his troubles.

The Manager, 4 years old, Male - The man who made it all happen--he is the leader of the group and was the one to bring them all together. He leads the bar/club with an iron fist, and has a no-nonsense policy when it comes to business concerning his place. He has crass, and will give other nicknames such as "sweetheart" and "hotshot" that aren't as endearing as it sounds. That being said, he has a very sharp intelligence, and can see foul play brewing and will break it up when he spots it--sadly, he can't be everywhere at once, but gets pretty pissed and will break up fights himself if he doesn't throw himself into the tumble himself out of annoyance. He is a drunkard, and very hard to get along with him without losing your patience.

Now, I am stuck at whatever this idea should be considered a bar or a club--while they will be alcohol, the area will be actually be used for a "rave" kind of deal, if you know what I mean. Like, a whole bunch of people having a good time at once. So like a club? 8D That being said I don't think crowds of Luperci would actually go there nightly, since they have their own craft to work on and families and themselves to feed and stuff, so at times there will be only a few, and that would be for a drink--hence the "bar" term. On the fence between both, so gimme opinions!

Again, I don't want to set this in motion unless enough people is interested in it (Cause, hey, this is for you guys to use!), and I want this to be a multi-member idea, so throw in some ideas if you have them!
It could easily be considered a Lounge, if the busy nights would only be few between. Smile

I love the idea, personally. I'd for sure send Ink over there to party hardy. XD
I'd be interested in playing one of the NPC's, or at least interacting with them in a thread. I would have my characters swing by there, though I'm pretty sure a few of them would get banned from returning XD
why does the manager remind me of haymitch

I like this idea! :O The only thing I can think of that might be weird for newbies is like...the "rave" part? I imagine techno/rock/other music that luperci can't really produce, so it might sound like everyone's dancing around with strobelights and stuff. xD; Calling it a lounge is one good idea for when it isn't like a club, but... I dunno. >___>; I guess you/we have to be careful to make sure people know it's not a place for giant crowds, because that is leaking over into humanlike.

I guess there needs to be the obvious motivation for the staff to work there, like payment (or a love of socializing, haha), which keeps them willing to run this place. Otherwise it seems kind of random that they'd settle here and just open a bar?

Don't get me wrong, the idea is cool and I like the thought of putting work into this and making a pretty Wiki page and having it as a place for people to turn up. ^^ I'm just trying to puzzle out some details.

I'll probably edit stuff in once I can think coherently.
@Sky: Lounge is probably a better term than a club, but it sounds... idk too relaxed? xD But that will be floating in my mind, most definitely!

@Bria: Since these will be recurring NPCs, you'd most definitely be able to interact with them to some degree. 83 But, I'd keep it to a minimum and try to mess with them all the time, since then I would believe (I think this is right, but don't hold my word against it. xD) that would be slightly abusing the NPC policies. As for adopting, I rather for the NPCs to stick to the place unless something tragic happens to the building or their persons, but you are totally free to create a character that helps out with the place regularly and fits within a certain "cliche", like as a bartender or performer. 8D

@Raze: because he is sekeertly based off of him I MEAN WUT.

Yeah, that's why I put quote unquote rave. xD I definitely don't want to give off the vibe that it's some flashy, electro music place, but I couldn't think of a proper word to describe it. 8B I am very stooped and lack wordy imagination.

As for motivation, I think it'd be like this: for the bartender, it's for the easy trade and to get some nice items for the beverages, for the performer it's to make it big and starting in a relatively small yet crowded place, for the musician it's to have a good time since he's getting to be an old fart and easy meals and drinks, and for the manager it's to hopefully gain some power and ground through the entertainment business. Whether their goals are fulfilled is yet to be told, though. xD but, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to throw it on the table!

And, it's all cool! 8D I would really love discussion so I/we can fix some kinks in it and try to add ideas that would be cool for everyone to expeierence!
aww yiss

Man, my brain keeps seeing "FLASHY HUMAN STUFF" but I've been weird about that lately -- like, "the entertainment business" would make sense if there was such thing as an "entertainment business" in the area, unless they're from Europe or something. xD /nitpick

But that's probably just because we don't really have words for everything else. >>; I dunno, the motivations do make sense. And Haymitch the manager could just have a controlling personality and want an excuse to hang out with the bartender all day, so that fixes itself nicely. ;D He could be like... their protection because he knows the area and stuff? OR SOMETHING. And it makes sense for the others to want trade and to improve their skills or be all nice and retired and have friends and stuff. Big Grin

Perhaps the bar/club could also be an inn/hotel? If they were in the Spring Heights area, then the NPCs could rent out rooms for people who could in turn pay with food/labor while they're doing their performin' thangg. It might encourage more people to interact with them, as well, like if they have a loner character in temporary need of a home, or if they need to run into someone for some gossip. That'd fit well into the game, because rather than inventing a building or a random NPC for those purposes, they could turn to the bar/club thing. ^^

I really do like thinking of it as a lounge-type bar area, though, rather low-key and not constant partying. xD
I like this idea as well. I don't have too many characters that could frequent a bar, but if this happens I'm going to get all three in there at some point.
Moved this to a more appropriate forum! :3
You totally need a bouncer Big Grin If Fritz wasn't in VN, he'd likely be a bouncer. But alas, he's there Sad But you still should have a bouncer.