Maximum Optime Height
As the title kinda says. What is the potential maximum Optine form height? On the physical table, when it compares it to a human, it looks like it's just over six foot, but when reading profiles of characters the tallest I've seen so far is seven foot six inches. Are Optime forms similar to Werewolf the Apocalypse Crinos? can we get to like 9 to 10 foot tall Optime? Would like to know Smile

Thanks
Draiko
If you follow the guidelines set out on the RPG here ( http://rpguide.soulsrpg.com/werewolves/size/ ) there are charts for Gray Wolves, Coyote's, and Jackals.

For wolves you are right that the table suggests just over 6" foot for an AVERAGE sized wolf, however as you've noticed many members characters do not follow these guidelines and we in fact have the odd 8 footer hanging around (my character included). For many of these characters the height was decided on before there was a RP Guide to make reference to so many of us simply did what you did and looked at other profiles to judge.

I believe the SA is working on controlling the size of incoming characters and characters that are unrealistically large. It is important to note that very tall wolves (over 7"5 roughly in Optmine) will struggle a lot with arthritis and bone issues as they get older and are much slower than the average size wolf. Characters should not be extremely large without a reason ( Jazper for example was born into a pack were only the largest wolves fought for the right to breed and after many generations of selective breeding his size was more plausible), however as I mentioned, the SA is working on bringing down the average in game height so I would follow the table.

If you are looking for a rough in game size estimate I would go taller than 7"8 for a VERY tall luperci (though I'd wait for a member of the SA to verify things more truly for you). If your character is more of a simply tall wolf but not overly tall I'd aim for around 7"0 - 7"3.
WHOOPS Melissa got there first! xD Shadowposted!

Smile Have you seen the RP Guide's height/weight chart? http://rpguide.soulsrpg.com/werewolves/size/

Unlike the drawn chart, it lists low and high averages, the tallest of which is 7'6" for a large grey wolf. However, that's not a strict maximum, since giantism and other factors can play a role, as well as their posture. (Personally, the tallest Luperci I know of is Jazper Rhiannon-Knight, who is over 8 feet tall.)
^
Jazper's son Lorenzo Knight is 8"4 (Jaz is 8"3) however I will not be creating any more characters over 8"0 tall as to not add to our height issues on souls Wink Once again these character are only so tall due to generations selective breeding and Jazper will for SURE feel the slow down of "old age" much earlier than others and I try very hard to play his size realistically (he struggles with hunting by himself since he is so slow and large and always receives injuries when fighting).
Actually, I believe the charts that have been linked already should be considered more of a minimum/maximum scale. We do allow some deviation (for example, a wolfdog hybrid mix from one of the really large dogs could perhaps get taller), but this is very rare. Often, players who seek to deviate from the scale on the RP guide will PM us for permission and help with this. Wolves at the high end of the RP guide scale (around 7 feet and up) are considered off the norm/gigantic as far as height goes!

As far as I know there has never been any wolf with the size of 9 feet, and the 'SA would likely not allow it if a character joined now, with that height, either Smile

I would recommend going by the charts that were linked to you if you need to find a character size, and if it's a female, taking 20% off those numbers Smile

Oh and you may be interested in some cool graphs that were made a while back by Zero: http://zero.sleepyglow.net/souls/height-dist/

Other 'SA'ers may have a different opinion -- this subject is often up for discussion!
Thanks for the answers. I wanted Einarr to be a large wolf in Optime, which is why I was looking at the charts, but if the charts aren't cannon and more of a guidance then it makes it quite difficult.

Thanks
Draiko
if you are havign a hard time deciding and would like the SA to help you out with it just give them a pm and I am sure trhey would gladly give you information and nudge you in the right direction!!

My charachter shaw is 8ft 2in beign a grey wolf, and is going to have a short life, has hip displasia *not to mention other odd injuries over his lifetime* and is slow, so when it comes to a tall character, expect their lifeline to be rather short lived as you would see with any larger breed of dog and wolf around, as well as the common factors of having to bear so much weight with the height ^^
I think my character Fritz is the tallest (8'6") but he is a Great Dane so that wouldn't be the same for grey wolves. Great Dane's can get to be over 40 in tall at the shoulders.
QUOTE (Einarr @ Sep 24 2012, 09:26 PM)
Thanks for the answers.  I wanted Einarr to be a large wolf in Optime, which is why I was looking at the charts, but if the charts aren't cannon and more of a guidance then it makes it quite difficult.

Thanks
Draiko [/quote]
You should consider the charts canon Smile If you want a Large wolf (not gigantic) you should probably go for somewhere around 6 ft, 10 in in Optime. 7 ft 2 in is the highest the scale goes, and is kind of the definition of a really, really, really huge wolf. :3 Hope that helps!
It's good to have tall characters just like short characters, but as everyone already explained, there are definite medical issues that go along with height! If you do choose to go on the large end of the scale (around 7ft 2in as Marit suggested, probably not good to go much taller), then be sure to play things realistically! For example, Einarr might age faster, move slower, and definitely would hit his head on a few ceilings. Wink

My largest character is Wayne McCoy who was about 7'3" when I adopted him from another player, but I'm definitely thinking of bringing this height down a lot since he'd have a lot of issues -- especially riding horses. :c The largest character whose height I am going to keep is 7 feet tall, because he is a hybrid between a wolf mother and a father with large dog breeds in his genes, and wolf-dog hybrids tend to be a bit larger than their parents anyway. Smile
lol, thanks again, Einarr looks old already, despite being only three Smile

Thanks
Draiko