Poltergeist?
I read through the Ghost Guide on 'Souls, but it didn't mention anything about poltergeist. I figured that when they're doing poltergeisty stuff nothing else could be done. Couldn't be heard, couldn't be seen, because it would take all their strength. It did say that they're straddled between the worlds.

Since it would take a lot of strength, I figured the average ghost couldn't do it unless their source of power was fueled. If one was fueled by strong emotions, it would take a small group of those with really strong emotions to make them able to open and close doors in a house, but would take only one with strong emotions to be able to lift a small rock.

Would that be allowed?
Hmmm... when the Moaning woods were around (now in the Ashes and Ashes area) it was supposed to be haunted and lots of weird stuff happened there. I can't remember any definite things moving though; hmm... it's a very interesting idea.
This would be allowed, yes. Smile I would even venture to say that opening/closing doors could be done by a single emotional ghost if they were especially riled, and it was over a short span of time.