[MaMa] Trapped in Your Embrace
Tharin still couldn't believe what had happened. Lilin was such a wonderful wolf. Smart, charming, an amazing hunter. He had quickly ended up charmed with her. Her shift had startled him deeply, even more so when he learned that his love for her had changed him as well. His shifts were clumsy, provoked by emotion. He'd be in one form, then the trigger would cause the change. A smell, a sight, even something as simple as being surprised, and he would slide from one form to another.

Lilin had been understanding. He still loved her, and she'd proven often enough that she cared for him. Now though, he didn't know what to do. He wanted to care for her and be her protection, but even moving on two legs was difficult. What was he supposed to do with this? Clumsily he moved through the home that they lived in. Tharin had slept outside for a while, but the lure of his mate inside had been enough to get him over his hesitancy. Now he did his best to move through the house. Maybe he could hunt something today. How did one hunt on two legs? Helplessly he stared down, wishing that he knew how to use his hands.
[html]

(426) --

Fate had initially brought them together while she'd been four-footed and not in her customary two-legged form. Lilin had always assumed his constant sporting of lupus form was a personal preference and not due to shifting incapability. The conversation had never come up - she'd adapted to his wishes and their courtship continued on a primal level, as their ancestors had done before the virus. They had consummated their alliance early on, throwing caution to the wind. Needless to say, the repercussions had come as a shock for both of them. They had been caught up in a whirlwind romance, too engrossed with one another to even discuss personal morals and values. Tharin's unexpected first shift had been full of turmoil. He was a good man, this she knew for certain. She could feel it in her heart. His values and general outlook on life, however, apparently did not coincide with her own. Luperci had been granted the opportunity to evolve and choose between three practical forms- it was a blessing from the Gods and not something to be shunned.

She had explained this to her lover, trying to make him comprehend that these changes could only be beneficial in the long run. Initially she'd been terrified, wondering if their relationship had been doomed from the start. Would he leave her? He had sulked for what seemed like an eternity, instilling numerous doubts in the back of her mind. Much to her surprise, however, he'd come back and professed his unconditional love and loyalty to her - even if it meant casting aside his beliefs, which took a great deal of courage. They had moved in together soon thereafter, so Lilin could assist him during this crucial period of adjustment. It was no easy task and it took plenty of time and patience, but they were slowly getting there. With his admirable dedication, she had no doubts he would master the art of walking on two legs in no time. Lilin allowed his instincts to take over from time to time, understanding his need to sleep outside in the wilderness and not in a humanized contraption.

The irregular cadenza of his footsteps on the wooden floor made her look up and push aside the pelts she'd been cleaning. A genuine smile lit up her face as she stood, making her way around the table to meet him halfway and greet him with a gentle rub of her nose against his. ''You're getting the hang of it. I'm impressed,'' she remarked happily, noting the newfound balance in his gait.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:arial, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#lillin-1 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
#lillin-1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Tharin looked up at the sound of his mate. She had pushed aside a large stack of pelts, something he was trying to understand the use for. It did explain the anger some of the luperci had held against him in the past when he tore through a kill with no regard to it's skin. It had held no meaning to him then. He still didn't quite understand it, but luperci liked the pelts, and it helped with a lot of things. Perhaps he could get her something, a white pelt. Where would he find one?

Nuzzling against her happily he licked at her muzzle, letting his large frame lean slightly against her. Tharin had proven himself to be a very tall luperci, feeling rather disproportionate to everything around him. It's coming. His tail wagged, happy that he'd made some form of progress instead of just slouching around. It was surprisingly difficult figuring out how to use two legs, especially when Lilin moved with natural grace in it. I thought I might try hunting. He was good at hunting. At least, on four legs that was true.
[html]

(348) --

Her caresse was promptly returned with a gentle lick, and she leaned into it gratefully. Her nose pushed against the side of his maw, clearly enjoying the proximity they shared at that very moment. Times had been difficult as of late. Tharin had spent most of it growing accustomed to his body, trying to coordinate his movements as best as he could. Tender moments were few and far between, something she tried to understand seeing as he didn't know what to do with his paw-hands. Actions such as the furtive lick he'd just deposited on her muzzle would often boost her morale and soothe her insecurities. At the mention of hunting, Lilin couldn't help but throw her head back and laugh heartily. It wasn't done in a mocking manner, of course. His ambitions were limitless and that was admirable. If anything, his proactive behavior made her remember why she'd fallen for him in the first place - he was the perfect example of what she needed in her life, someone strong and capable of caring for her.

''Hunting? Tharin,'' she chastised, allowing her lover to press against her body if it helped him find balance. How was he supposed to hunt? Unless his target was a snail, no prey would stick around long enough for Tharin to deliver a significant blow. ''What are you planning on doing exactly? You need to learn how to use that new body of yours first,'' she remarked, poking his abdomen with a jestful finger. She knew it wasn't what he wanted to hear. Her was a natural born hunter - it was all he'd ever known and he did it with remarkable excellence. Sadly, she would not allow him to put himself in danger over foolish eagerness. One wolf against sizeable prey could be fatal in many circumstances. It was a disaster waiting to happen if he took the risk on two legs. ''Why don't you let me take care of you for once?'' she offered in a pleading voice, cradling his right hand with both of her palms.

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
#lillin-1 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#lillin-1 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: arial, serif; font-size: 11px; }.
#lillin-1 {margin:0px auto; width:80%; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ijCRS.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 80px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
He loved her touch. It comforted him a lot, just touching another canine. It reminded him that he wasn't as cut off from everything as he felt at times. He returned the touch, his arms pulling her as tight to his body as he could manage. He needed this, to be able to drink in her scent and her warmth. Staying as he was was more difficult than he told her. He felt isolated in his clumsiness. His ear flattened slightly at her laughter, knowing that what he'd proposed was pretty unlikely. He knew how to hunt, but getting this body to work as he needed it to was an entirely different matter.

The chastisement in his words only brought a low growl from him, nuzzling into her neck. I can take care of it. Alright, so she had a good point about not being fast enough to catch anything. He had his pride. He wasn't a very good mate if he couldn't care for her at all, or do anything to show that he appreciated and cared for her. Sighing at her request he glanced over to the pelts. You have been caring for me for some time. I'm going to go soft. His voice was light, chuckling a little.
[html]

(358) --

She smiled, unable to contain her heightened amusement as he refuted her argument with a prideful answer. It was best not to push the envelope though. Delusions of grandeur seemed to be a given when it came to males with wounded egos. Her body melted in his embrace, where she lingered in silence - enjoying every moment of it as much as he did. ''I'm sure you can,'' she murmured, pairing her consent with carefree laughter. The rumbling in his throat caused her brushy tail to wag agitatedly before his nose burrowed into her neck. Even with the use of two hands, Tharin resorted to more primal ways of displaying affection. It contributed to his virility and she undoubtedly found it attractive. A part of her, however, saw the possible challenge in showing him the practicality of his new form.

''There are other ways of showing me you care,'' she suggested tentatively, allowing her mediterranean irises to meet the warmth of his golden-hued gaze. Hunting was out of the question but he could learn civilized courtship. Instincts had already guided his hands around her waist when he'd pressed her body against his. Tugging on his hand, Lilin redirected their embracing bodies to the floor where balance would not be an issue. There, he could take the time to relax and focus on other things. Her fingers ran through his overgrown mane, reaching up and tenderly cradling his face in her hands. ''I don't need you to hunt for me, Tharin. I just need you to be here, with me.'' She didn't expect him to understand what she meant by that - all he'd ever known was how to provide for his loved ones and protect them from danger. He couldn't be blamed.

''Do you regret this?'' she sighed ruefully, allowing her insecurities to break free as she pressed the tip of her nose against his. She needed to know the truth. Their relationship thus far had been filled with hardship. While his body had undergone dramatic changes, Lilin couldn't change his heart and soul - could he handle this new life or had they gotten themselves in over their heads?

<style type="text/css">
#lillin-1 .txtooc {
</style>
[/html]
Her tail swung loosely behind her, Tharin reading her body as easily as one might read a book. His answer didn't entirely please her, but he didn't think that he could fix it. If he changed his response it would just be a lie. Tharin really did wish for the ability to run out and hunt. Or even the more simple ability to choose what form he was in. Shifting every single time an emotion triggered it was fairly exhausting. His ear perked up as Lilin pulled back to meet his gaze, swimming in a sea of pleasant blue. Other ways? Tharin was definitely interested in that. If it could make her happier he would do it.

The large wolf stumbled slightly as she tugged him to the ground, tripping slightly over his own feet. He landed heavily on top of her, eyes wide as he quickly rolled off. He didn't want to hurt her by having his weight collapse on her body. His eyes partly closed as she reached up to let her delicate fingers weave through his shaggy mane. A toothy grin showed his love for Lilin's touch, enjoying the moment. I'll be here. He wouldn't leave if she asked him to stay. It was hard, but he would do it. His eyes opened wide at her question, noses touching. I would never regret this! It's hard now, but I'll master it, and I won't be a burden. I'll be a good mate. Tharin's voice pressed into eager as he tried to impress her. He didn't want Lilin to leave.