how at last i'd find in you the missing part of me
[html]
[/html] It was hard to believe, all this time ago, she had accepted the deer he’d laid at her doorstep; it was even harder to believe that he’d gotten the courage to even do it, and he still might not have if not for his spirit guide. He remembered the ceremony afterward very clearly, too: the strings braided around their hands, linking them together, and their exchange of vows as they stood privately by the Great Fire, seeking its blessing. She’d only smiled tenderly when his vows turned out as rambling and long as everything else he said; but that was just how she was, quiet and caring and ready to let him talk until he was finished.

Unatsikanogeni could not have asked for a better mate than Mayflower Kowl.

Today the Tsulvwisdanehi had been working out in the fields late, and he was eager to get back to their shared hut and reunite with her. He panted from the exertion of plowing, and he might’ve been damp with sweat if he were human; he definitely was sore, at least. He’d rather be sore from doing work than not-sore and clueless, though, like he’d been the first few months he’d joined the Tribe with his new profession; as a farmer he truly felt that he was contributing, and knowing that he was working for the benefit of his mate helped him too.

“I’m home, love!” the ruddy-furred man called as he finally reached the house in the middle of the Great Village, and he opened the door, his green eyes seeking her small blue merle form.
[html]
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

i'm just going to post her greeting him, and then have her announce she's preggo in a bit. P.S. lol I suck

In Character

As the voice called through the door, a blue merle canine turned her head, standing on two legs with a rather humanoid stature, amber eyes glimmering slightly, the corners of her lips pulling upwards in a smile as her attention drew to the male, looking rahter cheery as he entered the home.

“I'm glad your back.” The female spoke quietly, padding over towards her mate, paws thudding gingerly on the odd floor. Her carmel-surrounded eyes flickered towards the slowly closing door, tail hanging loosely behind her as she returned her amber gaze to him.

Mayflower continued to smile happily, head cocking to the side as she parted her lengthed jaws to speak again. "How was your day?" she asked in attempts to start up a suttle conversation, an ear raising slightly as she spoke, waiting pateiently for a response from the handsome canine.

<style>
.mf-sdb0109 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.mf-sdb0109 b {color:#7f8a64;}

.mf-sdb0109-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4f4f4e; text-shadow:#5f5447 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.mf-sdb0109-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.mf-sdb0109 {background-color:#fefefe; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f877a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DsT6k.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
[/html] Unatsi couldn’t help but twitch an even broader smile when he saw his mate’s caramel-splashed face. Part of her beauty was her patterned fur, the light and dark blue-greys broken up with tan and white; it was something that you would never see on a wolf. He was caught up in it for a moment even as he entered their home, and he didn’t quite realize she was asking him a question until the words were floating out in the air, waiting to be answered. Sheepish, he lowered his big ears and shrugged his white shoulder.

“Good, and when I say good I mean long, actually, and a lot of work. But I guess it was interesting enough, and there weren’t uh, injuries or anything.” He reined in his tongue before it could waggle any more, still a little self-conscious about blabbering so much in front of the canine that was his mate; a deep part of him was worried that she would be annoyed even after these past couple of seasons she’d spent with him. What she probably thought was endearing could quickly turn annoying, after all, and he didn’t want that to happen.

The red wolf shoved these worries out of his mind before they could take over, and he stepped toward her, reaching out with his arms and gesturing for her to step closer so that he could embrace her. “What about you, May?” he asked quietly, trying not to yawn as his hand went to stroke her mane.

[html]
[/html]
[html]"Well enough," she responded, stepping forwards and gently falling into the male's embrace, the corners of her lips drawing upwards in an odd smile as she did so. "I'm glad to hear that there weren't any injuries," she stated, resting her head on his should for a moment or so before drawing it back again.

"Oh, dear, there's something I need to tell you," she continued, amber eyes glued to his long-muzzled face that she so adored, hands placed gingerly on his shoulders, looking rather cheery, of course - she was sure that the new she was going to share was in face good news, unless he didn't approve.. but he was so caring, she doubted that her words would come across as horrible to him.[/html]
[html]
[/html]It felt good to have someone in his arms—great, actually, considering that all his life he’d been doubtful something like this would ever happen. He was always such a coward, and always so gawky whenever he was self-conscious, his awkwardness making his ears look too big and his muzzle too long and his rangy build anything but attractive. He’d been teased by any girl he’d ever fancied in the Great Tribe, being too talkative or timid or even weird-looking if they ran out of his numerous personality flaws to taunt; and that had scared him off girls by the time he came to AniWaya. But with Mayflower that had been different, and he’d gathered the confidence to befriend her in the first place, and that had only led to great things.

Long, thin arms encircled around her, and Unatsikanogeni smirked ironically when she said she was glad about the injuries. He was about to continue on about said potential injuries to make her laugh when she drew back, her amber eyes finding his, and informed him that she needed to tell him something. A flicker of worry brought the tic to his face around his old scar, but she looked happy enough, so he pushed it aside.

“Sure, love,” Unatsi said nonchalantly. “What is it?”
[html]
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

In Character

"Oh Unatsi," Mayflower said, a smile still spread across her narrowly shaped muzzle, amber eyes encircled with blotches of caramel colored fur narrowing contently. The canine blinked, blue merle ears perking up somewhat as she parted narrowly shaped jaws to speak, darkly colored nose twitching slightly.

"I'm pregnant, she stated rather joyously, beaming as she finished. Yes, hopefully he'd take the news as she'd intended and not disapprove of the fact. Again, she knew he was kind enough so..

<style>

.mf-sdb0109-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4f4f4e; text-shadow:#5f5447 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.mf-sdb0109-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.mf-sdb0109 {background-color:#fefefe; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f877a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DsT6k.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>
[/html]
*grin* Una is a moron! Anyway, he will wake up in my next post and they can talk. xD[html]
[/html]Two words.

Unatsikanogeni twitched and opened his mouth, but he couldn’t quite register what she had said—or his brain was blocking the words. He saw the beautiful grin on her merle-splotched face, the almost breathless quality of her voice, and tried to smile in return.

Pregnant. That meant puppies, usually, growing in her belly, probably just tiny little dots of life but still: babies. His babies, or he thought so. Babies.

Una opened his mouth again, looking a bit like a fish out of water as he sought some appropriate response. What could he say? This was good, right? They hadn’t really tried for puppies (other than doing the deed necessary for entirely different reasons), but this had to be good, it had to be or they’d be out of luck.

“That’s,” the ruddy-furred man managed to say, “that’s great, love, that’s… That’s wonderful news, I mean, huh, you’re pregnant and, and that means that in uh, nine weeks, or a little less, we’ll be parents and—” He blinked slowly. “And…” he exhaled, but suddenly there wasn’t enough air, and then his vision went dark as he passed out on the floor of their hut.[html]
[/html]
[html]
Out of Character

Bahaha

In Character

The canine blinked, rather terrified by the fact that he'd just passed out. Of course, she hadn't expected this to happen. "Unatsi?" she said, dropping to her knees and gently shaking him with her hands. Amber eyes widened frightfully, taking in the sight of the male passed out on the floor. "Wake up!" she demanded pitifully, ceasing the shaking of his body and simply kneeling on the ground, waiting for him to come to.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
The Cherokee in this post simply means "sorry." x3[html]
[/html]Luckily, the fainting spell was short-lived. Unatsi half-opened his eyes as his mate shook him by the shoulders, and fully came to when he was laying down on the floor of the hut. He groaned lightly, rubbing at where he’d bruised when he collapsed from unconsciousness, and then reached out to place his hand on the dog’s knee reassuringly.

“Uyo ayelvdi,” the AniWayan apologized for passing out, though his hand trembled lightly as it rested on her leg. He pushed himself up with his white arm and managed to prop himself on his elbow; from this position he looked over his mate’s narrow-muzzled, caramel-splotched face with a mixture of affection and unease.

“How long have you known?” he asked timidly. “And—” He could find no tactful way to put this, so he sat up fully and buried his face in his hands tiredly. “Oh, by the Great Spirit… What are we going to do, May? I mean, I mean, we’ll have puppies and—you’ll be a great mother, you’re so gentle and they’ll adore you but—” He flattened his big ears and looked down at the floor.

“What if I mess up? I mean, I’m not father material, really, I’ve never really taken care of pups and they’ll probably think I’m strange, or anyway they won’t want such a coward as their father, they’ll want some big strong warrior-type who can tell them stories and not some rambling, rangy farmer!”
[html]
[/html]