[MaMa] Passion Like a Bleeding Walrus
OOC: Not sure if it's too late X3 Aww, man. I guess I'll just post as much as I can between now and tomorrah.

[html]<style type="text/css">
.shylome p
{
text-indent: 20px;
}
</style>

BWOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

A breath.

Another sound, as though one of the ancient freight trains on their rusted tracks had awoken and decided to burp. Or fart. Or otherwise release fleshborne gasses. While beating beaten against the hood of a larger vehicle.

The native birds of the plain had long since departed, the spasmodic, guttural roars driving all of the wildlife off of Shylome's path as she dragged a walrus across the ground. There's no sound quite like a dying walrus. The sound kept her ears pressed flat against the side of her head.

Her victim once had two tusks. These had been bitten off at the root in the course of its surprise assault and capture. Its right, front flipper had come off too. Shylome hardly remembered how or why, but that's how hunts were most of the time. Wounds on its belly also leaked that delicious red blood that tempted her to go for its throat instead of dragging its blubbery self by its back fin across the rain-slick dirt and grass at considerable cost to her energy reserves.

But this creature had to live. She had a special purpose in mind for it this night.

The moon lit her path well enough, though the darkness of the night might have concealed her presence were it not for her sobbing luggage.

So it won't really be a surprise, the African thought with a bit of sadness as she drew up next to her lover's home, trying to laugh out a message at the entryway as the beast groaned on in the background.

"Bokkie!" BUUUUUURUGHHH "I have a surprise for you!"

[/html]
Bokkie: Term of endearment comparable to "honey" or "sweetheart"
Shadow from there home and looked to his loving and most intertaining mate and he smiled big and laughed as he raised a brow and looked to the dieing animal behind his love." My love I would hardely call it a surprise for I swear i could hear it when you were miles away!"

He ran forward and pushed against her rubbing his fur against her side and nipping lightly at her neck and her ear before finally laying a kiss on her cheek. He looked to the animal and his ears went back as it called out for help that wouldn't come and then he looked to Shylome and had to ask" Is there a reason it;'s not dead and you dragged it here letting the entire world know of your hunt?"
.shylome p
{
}
</style>

She was surprised to hear that it wasn't twelve miles that he heard her off. She imagined it was a bit foolish, dragging this big, blubbery thing across all that distance as it wailed the entire way. This affair was one she hadn't "come out" to her pack about yet, and if X'ies saw any of this lovey-dovey stuff, getting teased about it would be a best-case scenario.

She closed her eyes, feeling his body move smoothly up against hers like a restful night. It was all worth it. She leaned into him affectionately before they separated again and he looked to the injured walrus.

"Well," she began between blows of the figurative foghorn. "I have noticed some wolves keep food that they don't kill or eat and somehow not killing or eating them and letting them just wander around with their flesh on their bones brings them satisfaction." She felt dumb explaining it. The concept was just so strange, and she felt out of place trying to fully comprehend it, but finding a mate made her really want to be a wolf for him. Whenever her immutable nature as a hyena asserted itself, it brought her a measure of nervousness and grief now, though she knew he accepted her the way she was. She just couldn't fully convince herself of his acceptance, even now. "I noticed that you did not have one. Most of the others keep things like horses that can't do much to defend themselves." She sighed. "This one can defend himself all too well. Rather, in the past he could. I think he just needs a little bit of care and he'll be back to his old self." The walrus flopped once more, then lay still. It wasn't dead though, and continued to take moaning breaths. She turned, seeking his eyes with hers, wagging her short tail. "Do you like it?"

[/html]
Shadow couldnt help but smile...but to chuckle , to love her more and more. He moved in and gave a very loving, very affectionate lick to his mates ear , then her chin and slowly he kisses her between the eyes and then on the lips as he closed his eyes for a second. Others would have thought this union odd or unnatural but Shadow couldn't help it. She was tough and strong and went with her feelings and she loved him given what he was and he was not blind. Shadow had noticed her acting like a wolf and he would watch as she did what he did down to trying to move like him and he loved her howl, but more than that he loved her laugh, besides the laugh seemed to come easier to her. He had attaempted to laugh like she did and when he tried all that was done is to make himself look the fool but it was probably due to that act, that she fell for him. He pulled from the kiss and opened his eyes and his miss matched eyes looked deeply into hers and he smiled big

" The term is companion my love and I love it, ill be the only wolf anywhere to have a walrus as a companion, the other wolves in the world will be...soo jelous." Shadow walked passed her moved against her side then he bumped her and playfully nipped at her neck befor he went over and looked at the odd beast. He sniffed it and it bellowed at him and he jumped back and gave a short howl at it and his tail wagged, things like this was why he loved her but he had told her befor . Wolf of not he loved her and he would be her mate always and he accepted her how she was and he had to admit, she was darn cute.
.shylome p
{
}
</style>

Shylome laughed aloud at the thought of the other wolves sitting on their zebr horses, looking enviously upon the monstrous pinniped. Why had nobody thought of taming one before?

Clearly she was a genius, or at least her mate always made her think so. She smiled, in her toothy way. "A companion."

The playful nip almost surprised her, and if such a creature had been capable of blushing, she might have.

But as things were, she wasn't, so she satisfied herself with laughter.

She hopped over to where he howled next to her gift. "If this one breaks, I will return it and fetch you a new one."

There was a joke there. She didn't get it herself. Stores and the staff of their return counters were long gone.

She moved herself up onto his shoulders, embracing him from behind, more or less, while she licked his neck. He was such a sweetheart. She'd never met a kinder wolf or one who made her feel more valued and strong. It was enough to make her feel physically warm, and she wasn't quite sure what to do with herself. Love was such a foreign emotion. She wanted to act on it publicly.

"So I've been thinking about... us lately. Well, me and you, that is. Is it customary for one of us to leave the pack and join the other's? I mean..." Her voice picked up a perceptible uncertainty. "...a pack is like a family, is it not? I wanted to start a famil--" She paused to clear her throat. "Join our families... in the proper way."

[/html]