leaving again.
Set after this thread.
[html]
[/html] Claudius was quick to meet her at the borders.

"Claudius," she said, almost quietly. "I'll be leaving. I'm moving to a pack called Vinátta with my partner, Anu, and her son." She paused to let this information sink in. Claudius alternated between looking surprised and calm. She wasn't sure if this was a good thing.

"Wuh-when a-a-are yuh-you luh-leaving?" he asked, after much deliberation.

"In a few days," she replied. She was about to add more, but fell silent instead.

"Oh," he replied.

"I'll miss you," she replied quickly, almost guiltily. "I'm sorry I'm leaving you again."

Claudius shook his head. "Yuh-you never cuh-came back," he replied, almost sad. He smiled.

Tayui ducked her head in shame. "I wish I'd spent more time with you. You were so close and I was so wrapped up in... in me," she replied. This time, she looked truly sorry.

"It's o-o-kuh-kay," he replied, "ruh-really. I-I've buh-been vuh-very buh-busy wuh-with muh-my duties, so I wuh-wouldn't... have ha-a-ad... time anyhow."

"No time for your old mother?" she asked, this time teasing gently.

"No tuh-time fuh-for muh-my yuh-young mother," he replied, grinning.

"But really, Claudius, I'll miss you. It's a long journey, so I won't be able to visit you anymore. I wish we could have made our home here, but it's not for us anymore. I'll see if I can send word every so often," she replied.

"Yuh-yes, yuh-you buh-better. I nuh-need to nuh-know you're suh-safe. Yuh-you a-and A-a-anatuh-tole... a-a-are... all I have left."

Tayui frowned. "I'm so sorry--"

"Nuh, no it's nuh-not your fault mom," he replied, this time stepping closer to wrap his one arm around her shoulder. "I stuh-still luh-love you," he added. "I a-always wuh-will."

Tayui nodded. "I love you too. Do you think... maybe... I could visit AniWaya a bit? Just to see how it's like? I... I miss it, even if I can's stay."

Claudius immediately brightened up. "Suh-sure! Cuh-come wuh-with me. Yuh-you ruh-remember thuh-the way?"

Tayui nodded, smiling. Claudius and Tayui then set off for one last tour of her old home. [html]
[/html]