October 2011 Updates
[html]

News & Updates - October 2011
Fireside Stories 2011

Remember, members MUST submit for the Fireside Stories 2011 contest by November Fourth (4th). Submissions after 11:59 PM on November 4th will not be accepted!

Birthday!

November 18, 2011 is 'Souls tenth birthday, holy crap. Be on the lookout for some awesome stuff headed your way!

Game Information Reformat

Our game information has been given a reformatting, primarily of the layout and formatting. Now, the avatar column is completely hidden, giving more room to neatly display our game information topics.

Official Drop Thread

We've added an Official Drop Thread where all character drops and engagement of NPC status must be posted. Drops posted outside of this thread are not accounted for, much like the way the Absentee list functions. Please make certain to post in this thread if you're dropping or NPCing one of your characters.

RP Guide Updates
  • The Speech Guide was recently expanded to include exact information regarding various high and low-speech speaking species. Players now have a table of exact creature families, orders, etc. as well as their speech capabilities. We hope this alleviates confusion regarding high and low speech!

PM Wipe

Unfortunately, we discovered some database issues mid-October, and had to clear all user Private Messages from the board! Sad Players were given some forewarning about the impending PMpocalypse, but unfortunately, we couldn't wait very long to clear the messages, as the database issues were potentially severe -- entire topics were disappearing, after all!

Hopefully, the wipe completely alleviated the issue. We haven't encountered any more disappearing threads, ourselves -- however, we ask players to be extremely vigilant in this regard. If you have posted a thread and it is no longer there, let the 'Souls Assemblage know IMMEDIATELY. Thank you!

Formspring Conversion

We switched our anonymous question platform from Formspring to Tumblr, for various reasons expounded upon in a Tumblr answer. :3 All 200+ questions from the Formspring were transfered over to the Tumblr and tagged, so they're easily searchable now!

Casa di Cavalieri

A new pack, Casa di Cavalieri, was approved! Welcome to CdC and its leaders, Melissa and Katie D.!

Spotlight & Community Souls

Congratulations to Raze, winner of Spotlight Soul for October 2011 as Vesper, and to Jace, winner of Community Soul for October 2011! ! For more information, check out the Community/Spotlight Soul thread!

Pack Expansion Caps

With the founding of several new packs along with existing pack territory expansions, the SA has discussed and decided to implement a cap to the number of expansions any given pack may claim.

The maximum size of a given pack's territory will be 8 squares. In other words: when a pack is founded with five members, they can have 300 square miles. Every five-member increment after that, up to thirty, grants another 100 square miles -- so a ten member pack can have four squares, a twenty member pack six squares, and so forth, up to thirty. When a pack has thirty members and eight claimed squares, no further expansions will be granted.

[/html]
Question about the speech page. c:

In the last section of low speech, the ones that can become fluent in high speech:
Class Felidae (all cats)

In the high speech section:
Class Felidae (EXCEPT Felis, Otocolobus)

Should probably be specified differently?
The fourth of November has already passed, guys! x3
what about the order Chiroptera about the high speech and low speech? They aren't listed in the no speech at all..
QUOTE (Vigilante Haskel @ Nov 5 2011, 03:46 PM)
Question about the speech page. c:

In the last section of low speech, the ones that can become fluent in high speech:
Class Felidae (all cats)

In the high speech section:
Class Felidae (EXCEPT Felis, Otocolobus)

Should probably be specified differently? [/quote]
And if the class Felis can't speak high speech, does that mean I have to get rid of Element? Sad
Well, I'd assume he can learn fluent high speech, since that's... where other cats are, hehe. c: So Element should still be fine and should still be fluent in high speech!

Even if he wasn't, though, low speech characters are allowed. Wink I've had one in my head for over a year, but I definitely can't play him any time soon.
While the class Felis is excluded from the list of species speaking high-speech naturally, all of Felidae is listed as being capable of learning high-speech.

Order Chiroptera has been added under low-speech, sorry for the oversight.
And our update got released a little bit late because we kept adding things to it =P Sorry about that, guys.
QUOTE (Vigilante Haskel @ Nov 5 2011, 04:41 PM)
Even if he wasn't, though, low speech characters are allowed. Wink I've had one in my head for over a year, but I definitely can't play him any time soon. [/quote]
True, but since I've been playing Element as speaking High Speech all this time, it'd be very odd to have to go back and change everything. ^^

And okay, thanks for the clearing up - I guess I'll have to modify his history a bit! :O