Birthday Contests End & Yearbook!
[html]

News & Updates - December 2011

Icon Hunt

The winner of our icon hunt is Sylvey, who managed to find all 10 of the hidden cupcake icons! Everyone else seemed to have been tripped up by various cake icons we've been recycling from some other contest we had a billion years ago -- remember, you were looking for cupcakes, fufufufu! >:3

Trivia Quiz

Thanks to all who suffered through a week without the Wiki and to everyone who took a shot at our ridiculous history quiz! Kiri had a good time looking at all of the answers and laughing at you. 8D But here are our fabulous winners!

• Era One: Vannah with 8 of 10 correct answers
  • Era Two: Shannon with 8 of 10 correct answers
  • Era Three: Kris with 8 of 10 correct answers
  • Era Four: Meghann with 6 of 10 correct answers
  • Era Five: Leonard with 6 of 10 correct answers

How...did you guys manage to know about 2001-2006 than 2007-2011? Seriously?? :|

But major, major congrats to our amazing overall winner, who would have won Eras One, Two, and Three with 9, 10, and 9 correct answers for those sections if she wasn't already winning overall. She also tied for the correct number of questions for Eras Four and Five, but the winners of those sections beat her time-wise. But yes, MAJOR congrats to Sylvey, the Overall Winner of the quiz with 41 of 50 correct answers. Second overall only had 31 of 50. Wink

Syl, since you also won the Icon Hunt, you can totally rock out with two cupcake icons in your title if you'd like, or you can put the second one on a second character. Just let us know. :3

Survey

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond to our survey questions. We'll be reviewing and discussing the material and will probably post responses to a few frequently requested or asked items in the coming month or two.

As a reminder also, since a few people did say they didn't know about it before, we have a Tumblr available for your anonymous (or not!) questions year-round! Just ask!

Thank you again to everyone who participated in our various birthday activities. We hope you had fun! <3

Yearbook Time!

Sweet Jesus, the 'Souls Yearbook is back.

It's that time of year again -- the 'Souls Yearbook! Check out our submission forms, available until 28 December. This year we'll also be making a page for players too, not just characters! Don't forget to submit your Superlative Suggestions as well -- you have until December 13th to do that!

Spotlight and Community Soul

Congratulations to Becca, winner Spotlight Soul for November 2011 as Ayasha, and to Cait, winner of Community Soul for November 2011! For more information, check out the Community/Spotlight Soul thread!

Temporaries End on December 2nd

As a final reminder, all temporary characters need to be killed, dropped, or granted permanent permission for, by this Friday, December 2nd. Smile Thank you for participating!

[/html]
[html]
Magical History Quiz Answers!

How many founders were there?

Three

Which was the first pack to be created after the founding packs?

Clouded Tears

Which pack mobilized against and attacked a bear on their territories?

Clouded Tears

Which was the first pack to change its name and move its territories as a result of leadership changes?

Shadowed Stars -> Jaded Shadows

Which two packs were the first to feud?

Silent Dawn and Clouded Tears

Where was the fifteenth bunny?

THERE WAS NO FIFTEENTH BUNNY

Which two characters became 'Souls's first, official same-sex couple?

Stormy and Rashmi

How much were we paying annually for EZBoard's stupid gold package?

$300 per year

Which alpha died during childbirth during this time period?

Kiriska

How many leaders died because of the drought, either directly or indirectly?

Two

How many children did Salvaged Eternity sire?

Who was killed by a lightning strike?

Stormy Blackwolf

Why was Azathoth formed?

To band together in the impending end of the world

Which character introduced the Khalif religion to 'Souls?

Misery D'Angelo

What was the supposed "curse" that Clouded Tears was afflicted with?

All of their leaders died or are otherwise rendered incapable of continuing their duties, much like DADA professors

How many members were in the original crew of Syemv?

Seven and a stowaway

From where did the humans of Gamma 7 originate?

New York, New York

Which packs formed in the month following the fire?

Labyrinth Glen, Shadowed Sun, Insieme, Inferni, Twilight Vale, Dahlia de Mai

Inferni earned the monicker of being the "mafia" for which reason?

At one point, every single member of Inferni was related to one another in some way

Which pack nicknamed a tree in the middle of its territory?

Shadowed Sun

Who was the lighthouse murderer?

Conri Church

Which of the following characters was never an alpha?

Aspero Libre

Who was the first character to have a crazy split personality?

Tigra Sunbound

How many deaths resulted from the Clouded Tears-Inferni War?

How many conflicts in 'Souls history did NOT involve Inferni?

How many litters were born in 2004? And how many were in Clouded Tears?

7/3

Who suffered from amnesia as a result of a coyote attack?

Colibri Soul

Which contest was introduced in 2005?

Fireside Stories

Which pack builds a barn in 2006?

Chimera

In 2007, who made good on a promise to devour an innocent puppy?

Laruku Tears

Which pack did Inferni essentially drive to disbandment?

Aremys

Why is 2007 one of the least-remembered years in 'Souls history?

We shifted forum platforms twice that year and lost one of them

2006 was the birth year of all the following characters except:

Faolin Mogotsi

Which pack is the first to have a non-canine in its ranks?

Inferni

Which of the following family lines is NOT known for members with red eyes?

D'Angelo

Which of the following pack leaders did NOT commit terrible crimes during his reign?

Jefferson Soul

Which pack does not share a founding month with at least one other pack listed?

Crimson Dreams

Between the two Dahlian Wars, how many were killed?

Which of the following characters has NOT been in 5+ different packs?

Akumu Rouyaken

How many winners were there in the inaugural SoSuWriMo?

Who started the April 2008 wildfire?

Gabriel de le Poer

How many of those packs disband before the end of the year?

Which of the following forum skins were NOT introduced in 2009?

The Scientist

Who won in the horse race hosted by Jacquez Trouillefou in Cours des Miracles?

Unknown

Which two characters are tied for "most Yearbook Superlatives in a single year"?

Haku Soul and Gabriel de le Poer

Of the major families at 'Souls, the only one that did not originate from a character with existing relatives (at time of introduction) is:

Sadira

In the history of 'Souls there have been how many total packs/clans/organizations? (Only count Inferni once.)

Which character was NOT born in 2011?

Liam Catori

In 2010, we started...

...allowing two characters by default (after requirements)

WHO HAS THE HOT POTATO??

IDFK??

[/html]
Kiri also has these observations to add about the quiz.
  • Six (17% of ) people that took the quiz don't know how many founders 'Souls has. YOU GUYS. COME ON.
  • Seven people (19% of) people thought to answer "Twilight Vale -> Crimson Dreams" for an Era One question. :3
  • Nobody knows where the fifteenth bunny is. Except Sylvey.
  • 33% of respondents thought Kaena and Zarah were actually a couple.
  • An overwhelming majority (42%) of people thought Salvaged actually had a split personality. No, he was just a dick through and through.
  • 69% of respondents grossly underestimated how much money we shat out for EZBoard.
  • 42% of respondents really did not freakin' feel like looking up, or even properly guessing, how many damn babies Salvaged had while taking the quiz. :3
  • Everyone that said Clouded Tears was cursed because Laruku ended up leading them is a jerk.
  • Everyone thinks that Hybrid ate a puppy in 2007. In fact, the right answer was the second-least picked -- only four people (11%) got it.
  • Why does everyone think Syemv was the first to have a non-canine in its ranks? In fact, the right answer for this is STILL the only pack to have had non-canines in the ranks, even now.
  • 19% of respondents mistook Gabriel for Ahren. And 3% thought baby Ezekiel burned down Bleeding Souls.
  • Nopony remembers Insieme.
THAT IS ALL. Although maybe later I will screenshot the pretty graphs we have of the responses because they are funny. 8D
I'll just be lazy and respond here, you can give the other cupcake to Symmy so that Basti doesn't look greedy. Btw, cupcakes = contest catacomb as well?
I will proudly announce that I got most of the answers in the quiz wrong.
Wat!? Ketchup didn't win?!
QUOTE (Arkham Lykoi @ Dec 1 2011, 01:20 AM)

[*]Why does everyone think Syemv was the first to have a non-canine in its ranks? In fact, the right answer for this is STILL the only pack to have had non-canines in the ranks, even now.
[/quote]
Cow was titled AW, was he not?
O_O

<- KETCHUPZ is the wienerrr.

Marit says: ahahahahaha - brilliant!
Cow is still in AW, yep :3
QUOTE (Anann Kelevra @ Dec 1 2011, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (Arkham Lykoi @ Dec 1 2011, 01:20 AM)

[*]Why does everyone think Syemv was the first to have a non-canine in its ranks? In fact, the right answer for this is STILL the only pack to have had non-canines in the ranks, even now.
[/quote]
Cow was titled AW, was he not? [/quote]
Herp! You right. I blame Libri. She didn't correct us on this one. <_< -blameblameblame-

(Okay fiiiine I missed it too.)
I thought Aniwaya was the only pack to have a non-canine in its ranks and didn't check up on the actual answer because I thought I knew. 8D
Oh, poop. I FORGOT ABOUT COW TOO. But that's okay because I also forgot why Azathoth existed. 8D
Lies! All lies! I has the 15th bunny! It was my winning icon for not finding him! It even said when hovering over the ilusive 15th bunny! I miss my bunny...
every time i look at the cupcake icon it lookslike someone giving the middle finger XD
Holy shit it totally does. O_O KIRI IS GIVING US ALL A NOT-SO-SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE GUISE.
Ahaha! I am amazed at winning anything! I came home plastered from the bar when I took the quiz and don't remember answering half the questions.
This is a stupid question...
I don't know how to code a custom title, but I know what I want. Can I tell you what I want for my prize, or do I have to request someone to code it? *snugs*
QUOTE (Liam Rhiannon @ Dec 1 2011, 07:40 PM)
This is a stupid question...
I don't know how to code a custom title, but I know what I want. Can I tell you what I want for my prize, or do I have to request someone to code it? *snugs* [/quote]
The internet will help you!
ILU Tammi
8D! NO BIG NO BIG

[Image: brush.gif]