Yearbook and Important Notice
[html]
News & Updates - 13 January 2011
2011 YEARBOOK IS HERE, YAY!

That's right everypony, the Yearbook is finally live! Click here to enjoy!

A Friendly Reminder!

We wished to remind everyone about exact dates with regard to joining posts and making requests, etc. It's one thing if our procedures cause confusion -- we're here to field questions and provide extensive information regarding requests, so please PM us if you're confused about requests and wait times.

However, lately we've noticed an increasing trend: quite a few players posting requests and joining posts early, knowing they're requesting and posting early. Please remember to post your requests and joining posts at the time they're supposed to be posted. o:

Why?

Let's say, for example, our player Bob requests a character a day before he is eligible to request. He dropped a character 13 days previously, and the wait time for requesting a new character is two weeks (14 days). So, it's not that big a deal if Bob requests early, right? Wrong! D: The 'SA has been confused by early requests previously. To illustrate one situation in particular, which has actually happened:

A player made a character request early. A majority of the 'SA decided to approve the request, but also wanted to wait until the proper request-by date to let the player know about approval. We didn't want anyone thinking we're bending the rules and playing favorites, after all. c: As it happens, another 'SA member misread the discussion, and accidentally posted approval early. This honest mistake might have been prevented if the requesting player simply waited until their proper request date.

Another situation which has happened in the past, the 'SA members may plain and out forget about a joining post or request. This unfortunately happens even in normal request/joiner situations (hey, we're human, too ;D). It can happen even easier if we have to remember to go back to a joining post or request days after it was originally posted. 'Souls is a big forum, and topics can float to the bottom of the forum easily, even in the administrative forums.

Another disadvantage to early requests directly disadvantages you. Let's say Bob is requesting a character again. This time, Bob picked up a new character 3 weeks ago. After a new character pick-up, players wait four weeks to request another character; Bob skirts the customary procedure and requests a week early anyway.

Let's say in Bob's situation, the 'Souls Assemblage does not notice how early Bob's request is (we almost certainly would notice, but let's say we didn't!). Bob forfeited a week's worth of posting and that week's numbers, and Bob's request is rejected on the basis of low numbers and poor activity. Bob just inadvertently bought himself an extra week's wait -- he'll now have to wait the customary two weeks due to rejection rather than just the one week he previously had to wait!

[/html]
The yearbook is pretty and shiney...
BUT...

Is there a reason Vannah got left out on the players page? *insert big sad face*
I think we may have forgotten because we noted in our log to wait (you wrote that you would edit in your missing blub). You should still have been added, so I added you now Smile Sorry!
Noelle's picture has still not been fixed :x
Just took care of it. Smile
I had posted Alaster's and Ralla's pictures before...? :X And I'm not on the Player's page...? T-T
Your pictures for Alaster and Ralla (and your Rachel entry) were not 150x150 pixels, but narrower, thus your characters were given pony pictures instead.

You should have been added to the players page. I am adding you now, sorry!
Ah ^^" My bad

And no problem--thank you <3