Color Your Own Kiritar
[html]

Color Your Own Kiritar

'Cause You're All Awesome~!

__Hey, so. A lot of you have purchased avatars from me, whether directly from me or via the 'Souls Store for 'Souls benefit. You guys are all awesome and I (and 'Souls!) appreciate it tons and tons. Really. Still, I understand that a lot of people can't afford to donate or buy things, and that's cool too, because you're all still members and therefore very important to the board as a whole. This is something I've wanted to do for a while, especially since we recently hit 500 members. That's a pretty awesome milestone in my book. :3

__I've made some blank avatars for free use on the board. What does that mean? It means I drew it, I shaded and highlighted it, but you get to color it yourself. Big Grin

• 18th November 2011 Happy TENTH BIRTHDAY! omg! O_O Enjoyyyyy~!
  • 18th November 2010 Happy 9th birthday! And hot damn. We have over 1300 members now. o_O Enjoy!
  • 6th May 2010 Dude, we have over 900 members! TIME FOR A NEW KIRITAR~! ♥
  • 18th November 2009 Happy 8th birthday, 'Souls! And over 700 members now ! Big Grin YOU'VE UNLOCKED A NEW FREE KIRITAR. Big Grin

WOLF COYOTE HYBRID PUPPY DOG

EXPERIMENTAL 1 EXPERIMENTAL 2 EXPERIMENTAL 3 EXPERIMENTAL 4

__To do so is pretty simple, just follow the steps below!

The Files!

.PSD FILES

FULL SIZE .PNG FILES

Instructions

1. Download the the .PSD file of whichever Kiritar you'd like to use. It's bigger than the final version and has information on different layers. Open this in Photoshop.

2. Select the layer that reads "COLOR THIS LAYER." That's the only layer you should be working on. It's currently filled in with the brown color shown in the filled avatar above, but you can erase that color and fill in your own in accordance to whatever your character looks like! Whatever you do, just make sure you don't delete the layer.

3. Save your finished avatar as a .png file.

4. Open the .png file and resize it so that the largest side is 200 px (remember the max avatar size for the board is 200x200).

5. Save and upload to your image sharing service of choice! Then update your avatar from your control panel! Big Grin

ALTERNATIVELY, you can also:

1. Save the full size .PNG file of whichever Kiritar you'd like and open it up in your fancy image editor of choice.

2. Create a new layer on top of the image and set its blending mode to "Multiply."

3. Color on that layer! Shrink, save, and you're done!

Some Additional Notes

• I know most of you also roleplay elsewhere, but I'd really appreciate it if you only used this avatar template for 'Souls characters and only used them on our board. ♥

• Do NOT upload colored versions to gallery sites such as deviantART or FurAffinity.

• If you're a bit more experienced in Photoshop, feel free to unlock the other layers in the file and play around with stuff. I don't mind if you make modifications in the lineart, etc, if you want to add scars, piercings, etc, whatever to your characters. ^^

• Protip: After you shrink your finished .png to forum size, some of the shading/colors might not look as brilliant. To adjust things a little, I usually open up the Image>Adjustments>Levels and play with that a bit until it looks better.

• If you have any trouble, feel free to post them here and I'll try to help you best I can. :3

Enjoy~

[/html]