CdA Trade Voyage & Mini-Contest #2
[html]
CdA Trading Voyage
Minicontest!

See here for information regarding the Mini-Contests.

Backstory

Vasiliy, an experienced sailor, has requested permission for use of Cercatori d'Arte's ship in order to take a little sailing voyage! O: The voyage will take a little over a week and requires the participation of a few Cercatori d'Arte members. o: They'll be sailing across the Bay of Fundy, keeping to the shores, and then mooring the boat in the Chignecto Bay, between Vinátta and Salsola -- hopefully to trade with nearby packs! O:

Participants

Please reply to this thread with your CdA character, their desired job (oars(wo)man, trader, shipwright, etc., their trade goods, and an estimate (it doesn't need to be precise) of how many threads you'll be participating in.

All threads within the plot will be marked all welcome so that any signed-up participant may join -- but you must sign up in order to join any plot-related threads. Members of the prospective trade packs do not need to sign up!

• Vasiliy: Captaining the ship (~4 threads)
  • Dalgina: Trader (~6 threads)
  • Levent: Trader (~3 threads)
  • Robert: Oarsman and trader (~3 threads)
  • Honrin: Oarsman and trader (5-6 threads)
  • Eclipse: Non-attending (? threads)
  • Hotaru: Non-attending (? threads)
  • Bambi: Non-attending (6 threads)
  • Draw de Mercante (pNPC): Oarsman and trader
  • Jerome (pNPC): Oarsman and shipwright

Itinerary
Saturday, 7 July
  • With Vasiliy: The ship is looked over and prepared for voyaging.
  • Thread (Start it?): CdA is called together and asked to bring whatever goods they plan to trade aboard the ship.

Saturday, 8 July
  • With Dalgina: The ship sets off at dawn! The voyage should take the better part of a day -- with good wind, the CdA
  • The ship arrives in its destination, and is moored in the bay! Jerome (pNPC) remains behind to guard the ship.
    • With Levent: A rowboat containing CdA members and trade goods is dispatched to the Northern Tides coast and makes a temporary camp.
    • Thread (Start it?): A rowboat containing CdA members and trade goods is dispatched to the Sticks and Stones coast and makes a temporary camp.
  • Start making individual threads about trading with local packs! Many of the Northern packs (Salsola, New Dawn, Vinátta, Sangi'lak) are extremely close to both camps; other packs are a bit more of a walk, but still feasible! Remember, too: the rowboats can easily take your character from the Northern Tides camp to the Sticks and Stones camp! Please reply here if you make a thread so we know to update our list. o:
    • Deception is the Game (9 July): Vasiliy trades Isabella a kitten and a rooster for small amounts lavender and rose oil, tobacco, a few jars of pitch, and shiny cheap crap
    • All Hail King Neptune (12 July): Vasiliy goes to Sangi'lak to trade

Saturday, 15 July
  • Thread (Start it?): The ship sets off at dawn! This time, Vasiliy chooses to take the ship along the striking coast of the Northern Tides -- the large rock formations jutting up from the water seem treacherous, but the ship is kept well away from any danger.

[/html]
[html]<style>
p.stock { text-align:center; text-indent:0; margin:0; padding:0; }
#cdastock td { padding:5px; vertical-align:top; width:50%;}
</style>
Trade Goods
CdA Communal Stock
Livestock

Horses: Spot, Mare; Jakki, Mare; Sergeant, Stallion

Chickens: 2 cocks, 8 hens

Sheep: 1 ram, 3 ewes

Kittens: 4, 2 male and 2 female (all siblings from a single 8 week litter)

Livestock Products

Livestock Products: Eggs, Wool, Goat Milk, Cow Milk, Horsehair

Plants and Plant Goods: Opium Poppy Oil and Seeds, Strawberries, Switchgrass, Aloe Vera Sap, Blueberries, Cannabis

Miscellaneous Products

Beeswax Candles, Horsehair Paintbrushes, Garlic Paper, Daggers, Bags & Pouches, Wooden torches, Jewelry, Limited Wooden Instruments

CdA Personal Stock

• Hotaru: Bow (with 12 arrows), a walking staff, and a dozen puzzle balls (think puzzle cubes but made out of wood and round). The bow is a good bow, not the best. The staff is of higher quality. The balls are each unique and have different ways to solve them.
  • Levent: Various jewelry, arrowheads, and a bow -- three?
  • Robert: Various books (About five-seven) and writing materials (i.e. Parchments, ink, quills, etc.)
  • Honrin: Trader for his father (carvings) and mother (arrows, quills and beaded jewelry)

[/html]
[html]
CdA Mini-Contest #2!

What's This?

Hello, d'Artisans, and welcome to CdA's second Mini-Contest! What is a Mini-Contest, you ask? Well, as you know, regular contests are large, long, and far and few between, usually having many winners and various prizes. In between these larger contests, however, CdA will now host Mini-Contests - with point-based prizes, two weeks to participate, and an easy to obtain goal, Mini-Contests will be much more common, letting everyone get a chance to have a prize!

Mini-Points: Each Mini-Contest will have different ways to earn 'mini-points'. These mini-points can be redeemed at the end for exclusive prizes not found in the pack game or anywhere else! Mini-points are non-transferrable between contests.

This week's Mini-Contest will be based on this fun trading expedition started by Vasiliy (Sie)!

How Will This Work?

There are four ways to earn points for this contest!

WAY ONE [3 Points] (ENGAGING IN TRADE):

1. Engage in trade with another pack as per this contest.

WAY TWO [2 Points] (STARTING RELEVANT THREADS):

1. Start any thread relevant to the trade voyage!

WAY FOUR [2 Points] (GROUP THREAD PARTICIPATION):

1. Participate with at least one post with a group (your own character and three others), whether CdA only or mixed between CdA members and foreigners. NPCs do not count toward this group total..

WAY THREE [1 Point] (REPLYING TO THREADS):

1. Reply to any thread relevant to the trade voyage. Each reply after the first counts for a half (1/2) point.

Not Coming? Sad

If your character is not attending the voyage itself, you can still participate!

1. On the day the voyagers return, a little returning feast would be great for the tired traders! Hunting, cooking, and other meap prep threads earn one point per thread.
  2. CdA members who perform extra border duties while the voyagers are gone earn two points per thread.
  3. CdA members who perform duties involved with replenishing trade supplies earn three points per thread.
  4. You can still participate in pre-departure threads (the Saturday, 7 July threads) and the return thread on 15 July!

Threads and Points

1. All threads must be started on or after 4 July in order to earn points.
  2. No thread may earn points after 18 July.
  3. Points are non-transferrable between contests.
  4. Point redemption works like the pack game's point redemption - if you have 10 points, you can't get a custom table AND a chibi; you can get two custom tables, though, or one chibi! Smile
  5. You can give your mini-points to someone else, or pool them with someone else; just make sure that both of you PM Skye Collins saying that it has happened!
  6. Non-pack-members cannot participate this time - sorry! Maybe in future Mini-Contests, though! Smile
  7. If you join in the middle of a Mini-Contest, you can still participate!
  8. Have fun! Big Grin

Important Dates

1. 4 July 2012: Contest begins!
  2. 18 July 2012: Contest ends; PM Sunny (Skye Collins) with links to your posts and how many mini-points you have earned! You may start redeeming mini-points at this date.
  3. 22 July 2012: There can't be any more redeeming points after this point!

Prizes

• 3 Points: 10 pack game points!
  • 5 Points: A custom table OR signature!
  • 10 Points: Chibi of your d'Artisan character! [Ex. 1] [Ex. 2]
  • 15 Points: Chibi of any character! [Ex. 1] [Ex. 2]
  • 20 Points: Custom profile skin!
  • BONUS: The person earning the most points receives an avatar drawn by Sie.

[/html]
Dalgina, trader. 6
Hotaru can give the crew a few goods. She has a bow (with 12 arrows), a walking staff, and a dozen puzzle balls (think puzzle cubes but made out of wood and round). The bow is a good bow, not the best. The staff is of higher quality. The balls are each unique and have different ways to solve them.

Hotaru can't actually go on the ship cus she's blind and gets motion sick easily. A ship would be too much. Hope the goods help though.
Levent -- trader -- various jewelry, arrowheads, and a bow -- three? I can't gauge how active I can be (especially because I have no internet access next week). >__>

also levent is terrified of water so there will be fun levent freaking out threads too.

If my absence next week is a problem, you guys can lemme know and I won't participate to slow people down. xD I just figured if we made use of fore- and back-dating I could get some posts in and then just be nonexistent until I return.
Hey Ariel, you (and anyone playing a character who cannot accompany the ship) can still participate in earning points! The minicontest thread has been updated <3:

[html]If your character is not attending the voyage itself, you can still participate!

• On the day the voyagers return, a little returning feast would be great for the tired traders! Hunting, cooking, and other meap prep threads earn one point per thread.
  • CdA members who perform extra border duties while the voyagers are gone earn two points per thread.
  • CdA members who perform duties involved with replenishing trade supplies earn three points per thread.
  • You can still participate in pre-departure threads (the Saturday, 7 July threads) and the return thread on 15 July!
[/html]
Robert Frost Collins | Oarsman and Trader | Various books (About five-seven) and writing materials (i.e. Parchments, ink, quills, etc.) | 3+ Threads

Frosty isn't really planning on joining, but when giving his items for the trip, he can be mistaken for going along as well or just forced aboard or something as equally funny? >Big Grin He will probably be the most awkward person there, muhahaha! [/loves to torture characters] He'll probably cling to someone throughout the whole trip, or make a prayer circle with Levent or something. xD

I don't want to suddenly bombard myself with threads, my max is going to be three, unless I am certain I can take on more. c: But as for now, definitely three!
First thrad: here we go! o:

also using this post to track Vasi:

Total: 22 points
3 points: (3 points each)
    [*]Trade with Salsola
4 points (2 points each)
    [*]Start Plot Thread[*]Start Plot Thread
2 points (2 points each)
    [*]Engage in Group Thread
4 points (2 points each)
    [*]First reply to AW thread[*]First reply to AW thread
Total: 9 points (.5 points each)
    [*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread[*]Reply to thread
oohhh Eclipse can hunt and cook for the returning voyagers!! *excitement!!*
Bambi (Non-attending) Aprox. 6 threads
Not one hundred percent sure where to put this -- but I figured I'd make a note of what Levent is trading whenever he does the threads, so we don't hand out like, the same horse twice or whatever the case may be. Sunny, Sie, please hit me with a mallet if I'm doing this wrong, haha.

Right now Levent is gonna trade a black male kitten and some garlic paper for an untrained horse. xD
Aaand various arty stuff (brushes, tools, etc) for a map o' Halifax and a dagger I think. >__>
Dalgina's bringing some paper and paintings to trade
Honrin | Oarsman | Trader for his father (carvings) and mother (arrows, quills and beaded jewelry) | Approx. 5-6 threads
QUOTE (Vesper @ Jul 5 2012, 02:50 PM)
Not one hundred percent sure where to put this -- but I figured I'd make a note of what Levent is trading whenever he does the threads, so we don't hand out like, the same horse twice or whatever the case may be. Sunny, Sie, please hit me with a mallet if I'm doing this wrong, haha.

Right now Levent is gonna trade a black male kitten and some garlic paper for an untrained horse. xD
Aaand various arty stuff (brushes, tools, etc) for a map o' Halifax and a dagger I think. >__> [/quote]
This is a good ideaaaaa. XD

I update!
Anyone want to start up the other threads? O: With fore/back-dating, we could go on most of them right now, tbh. XD Vasi doesn't need to 'lead' all of them -- volunteers for starting other threads? O:
I'm actually kind of interested in starting one of the rowboat threads randomly.. heading toward the near-Vinatta camp. x3 Just so that Levent can freak out and kiss the dirt when they get there.

Question though -- how big are rowboats? Would they have to make a lot of trips to grab sheeps and hosses and crap? xD
Just wanted to let you know I'd like it if Isa's kitten was a black female Big Grin
@Raze: Probs be able to do one horse at a time, and two-three sheep at a time, so yes, a few trips! A boat of that size ought to have 2-3 row/lifeboats, tho. Can start whenever, I marked you up there for it!

@Gen: D'oh, I got the color right, not the sex. XD Fixed!
Siv wants to come and trade!

She wants a black cat, candles, and opium oil, and will trade two water pouches, a fancy belt, and a fancy bag. Someone hit me up! :>