[SL] Freetown Trip III
[html]

Salsola Freetown Trip III

Due to a number of successful trips undertaken by groups and individuals from Salsola thus far, the leadership have decided that it is time for another periodic trading voyage to the southern port and markets of Freetown. This will be the third notable trading journey into New Brunswick, and Sirius and Salvia are determined to make it as beneficial and productive as possible. Because of this, the number of individuals allowed on the trip will be much higher than with the previous expeditions, and the amount of goods being taken will also be much more valuable. The trip will be lead by Salvia Eternity and Siv Helsi. However, the party will welcome another four or five members to their travelling group, to ensure the safety of the items and livestock being taken, and to allow for more trading of goods to take place.

This trip will take place with the itinerary listed below. Note that the exact dates are subject to change; this is just to give involved players an idea of the scope of this journey.

Timeline
  • Thread just before setting south on horseback
  • ~ August 8th: Departure
  • ~ August 14th: Arrival in Freetown; resting three nights
  • ~ August 21th: Departure from Freetown
  • ~ August 28th: Arrival in Salsola; resting four nights

Items Taken
Livestock

• 11 sheep (9 ewes, 2 rams)
  • 1 llama
  • 7 rabbits (4 does, 3 bucks)

Other

• Whale oil and tallow (small supply)
  • Various pelts (small supply)
  • Meadowsweet (small supply), Northern Labrador Tea (large supply)
  • Two-handed axes (2)
  • Jewels, baubles (small amount)

Items Returned With
  • 2 Slaves (1 private, 1 communal)
  • Books (non-fiction)
  • Goats, baby pigs, fancy chickens
  • Salt
  • Bowls, plates, etc.
  • Anything made of glass
  • Flint, matches, and other fire-starting tools
  • Ropes and other practical materials/tools
  • A list of herbs, as prepared by the pack's healers o:
  • Suggestions? Post 'em!

You may be wondering what the hullabaloo is, if there's only one planned group thread to this, and the rest of the journey is not roleplayed. Well: If you decide to volunteer your character for one of the available slots, you're totally welcome to have threads surrounding your character's journey before and after. For example, you can thread with a member of Salsola who is not traveling to Freetown and offer to procure them some traded goods. You can thread after with a member of Salsola to deliver those goods to them! You can even thread with a non-member and offer to get them traded goods, also -- however, be careful and remember that your character shouldn't divulge lots of information about Salsola in the process. Wink

If your character is selected to be amongst the group, you should back- or fore-date all threads started between August 8th and 28th, as your character will not be present in 'Souls for this time.

Involved Characters
  • Salvia Eternity
  • Siv Helsi
  • Isabella Heiwa
  • Imhotep Aabt
  • Yi TaeKyung
  • Pandemic D'Angelo
  • OPEN

Current Threads

there's a hole in the earth somewhere - Departing SL

[/html]
Can imhotep go too
He'd go to get gifts for his mate and child along with helping out.
Sure can! I'll edit him in once I'm home from work. :3
Maybe TK can follow Salvia and provide security/slave capture if needed, etc? I promise I'll be quicker with replies once my summer classes end (next Wednesday..! yay~) OuO
I'd be down :3 I'll sign you up! <3
Please add Pan to le list! My reply was devoured by data loss.
Noted! Bri, I am gonna assume that Sal asked Pandemic to drive the cart--let me know if you want that changed. :3