[CDM] Hurricane
[html]
Hurricane 'Souls
in the wake of a nightmare

The weather has taken a turn for the worst as a hurricane forms out at sea to the south of the Court. Dark clouds and high winds are the first warning that something nasty will be happening. Cour des Miracles sits right in the direct path of the storm and will experience the full brunt of the blow, which may cause serious problems once the hurricane has run it's course. It seems as though things simply can't get any worse for the Court.

Timeline
    September 21st: Evening, the hurricane's edge has hit the Court after ominous clouds and winds persist throughout the morning.
    September 23rd - 27th: The hurricane rages on as all of 'Souls is enveloped; all members are advised to say inside and away from the coast. - The Hotel's bottom floor will be used as a storm shelter.

September 28th-30th: The storm releases it's hold on Nova Scotia and the process of rebuilding is begun.
Damage & Flooding

As the Court stands to take the full force of the hurricane, there will be considerable damage to most parts of the territory.

• The Chien Hotel suffers serious damage.
    • Floor 3 & 4, East wing, Rooms 3-8 are inaccessible, where a fallen tree has collapsed the roof.
    • Various windows will be shattered or broken from storm debris as well as upper floors will suffer from leaking.
    • Some first floor rooms will suffer light flooding if any; expect moist floors or puddles near windows and doors.
  • The wall of the stable has collapsed, and several horses have escaped!
  • Many houses in Lunenburg will no longer be habitable; several will collapse and others will flood. Most buildings on the very coast will be flooded or swept away with the storm surge. Expect most docks to be broken, gone, or unstable.
  • The King's Cellar floods badly, and much of the food on the ground is ruined. The little meat left unharmed is about a fourth or less than what was there before.
  • The various caverns are all flooded; Sugar Glass Caverns, Cave of Lascaux, and Pirata Grotto and will remain flooded for two weeks after.
  • Expect the coast to have a large amount of fallen trees and debris.
  • The banks of all the rivers have flooded, leaving mud and wet bogs. Caution is recommended lest you get stuck or sucked under!
  • The currents in both the rivers and off the coast are very strong, caution is advised when dealing with fast moving water!

Member Plots & Thread Prompts

If you have a plot you'd like to do, please send a PM to the CDM account or to a leader. Make sure you keep realism in mind! For completing the prompt or participating in one prompt thread, you may collect 15 bonus points.

prompts with no one listed as heading a thread mean that multiple threads are welcome at your leisure
  • The storm surge has beached a fin whale on Jarris Beach; the pack is asked to help utilize the whale for components such as the meat and fat for oil.
    • This will occur after the 27th
    • Not Started - September 27th or 28th - Whale is found! (Thread headed by Terra)
      1. Participants
      2. Charlotte
      3. Terra
    • Not Started - September 29th - Carving up the whale's meat and blubber, and then smoking the meat. (Thread headed by Kable)
      1. Participants
      2. Kable
      3. Liam
    • September 29th-30th - Making oil with the blubber to be used for candles.
    • September 30th+ - Taking the bones and setting them to sun bleach or carving them into useful tools such as knives or ornaments.
  • The stables are damaged and horses have escaped!
    • See Alder (Alli) for more information about this prompt.
    • STARTED - September 27th - Discover the damage and that several horses have escaped! Anyone want to "pony" up their horses? (Thread headed by Alder)
      1. Participants
      2. Alder
      3. Hati
      4. Trent
    • Not Started - September 28th - repairs begin on the stable as a new wall comes up. (Thread headed by Silvano)
      1. Participants
      2. Silvano
      3. Skoll
      4. Niro
    • A big tree has been uprooted in the pasture and it has filled up with water. This has given the pack an idea; turn it into a pond fed by the stream nearby. (Thread headed by Terra)
        Participants
      1. Terra
      2. Trent
Got more plots and hurricane related aw threads? PM the CDM account!

Pack Member Plots - [AW threads only]
  • OPEN - Story Time! As everyone is trapped in the Hotel for the duration of the storm, the pups (and interested adults) are gathered together for a light distraction of stories (Thread headed by Terra)
  • [AW] - Hideaway - Terra
  • [AW] - Memories of the Sun - Strelein

Game & Points

All threads submitted must have at least 6 posts total to count.

• 5 pts for every thread in preparation for the hurricane.
  • 10 pts for every thread occurring during the full hurricane.
  • 15 pts for every thread having to do with repairs or scouting after the hurricane.

• 20 pts for joining an AW thread!

• Members who participate in 5 hurricane threads will be able to claim a permanent 1-2 word title!
[/html]
Even though Niro is NPC'ed I would like to say he sticks with the pack this time, he is allowed to be mentioned but not played unless i give the ok for any pp on his part, but he will be "helping" as much as he can for a cripple.
We can just make him hold some nails with the stables or something, hahaha.
hey he knows how to build things, he can do work, and can walk with support of a crutch, his arm is fully healed or mostly by now Smile
I can start the Sept 27th thread Smile
I would love to throw Hati at any of the horse threads! He would freak out if Asagi went missing. Smile I would love to earn a title for him, but I don't know if I can balance 5 new threads... xD;; We shall see!
Miyu, I put you for the thread with Alder, but let me know if you'd like something else <3
Could Trent be in the horse thread too? He isn't that good at it, but he'd go and check the stables anyway to make sure Pony's still okay and all, and maybe then bump into Alder and help..?

And I'd love to be in 1 or 2 other threads, too, but I can't really make a decision. Trent isn't that good at any of them, but he'd help if there were someone nearby that would go 'oh, hey, we need help at X'.

Since Trent stays at the hotel I'll definitely be doing some hurricane-related normal threads, too. Smile This is a cool idea. ^^
Terra for the pond and finding the whale
note to selves-
Sign Lottie up for the whale-finding thread as well~ Smile
Kable could help carve up the whale! :0
@Trent - I stuck Trent in the first horse thread (so that's all full), and if you didn't mind, I put you with Terra to help out build the pond, since I figure he could always dig - please let me know if you'd like something else.

@Terra - I put Terra in those and she's leading them all (I figure she's more likely to find the stuff) - please let me know if you'd prefer not to lead them.

@Meghann - I signed you up for it so you better do eet -fist of leaderly spasms-

@Mido - I stuck you in it and you're gonna lead (until someone else comes along or if you'd really like to do it <3 - I will join it with Silvano if no one else takes it. )
Amaranth or Liam could help carve the whale Prolly Liam cause he hasn't really talked to Kable in a while.
Marie, I added Liam as the other participant. c:
I'll throw Skoll in for first horse thread and/or stable repairs!

I'm not completely sure when I would start normal hurricane-relevant threads, but in that case, would you like to know of those here too? :O
If they're AW's, sure I'd love to know so we can have a little list of available ones (which I'll close up when they're taken, etc..)

And how does helping Silv with repairs sound? Big Grin Niro will be a smelly and help out as best as he can (permission from the Shaws).
That's good! And sure thing; I'll at least throw up one AW thread, maybe a few. *rubs hands together*
http://www.soulsrpg.com/ipb/index.php?act=ST&f=50&t=31472
added c:
New reward added! 20 points for joining anyone's AW thread!