A New Home?
Character Name: Alyssum de Fonte
Character Birthdate (including year): December 21, 2009
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci (Ortus)
Species: Coyote/Wolf hybrid (75% Southeastern coyote and 25% Great Plains wolf)
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). pottedsky@gmail.com">spottedsky@gmail.com or justcloudy.deviantart.com
Currently played characters: My first character, I'm so nervous. xD Please tell me if I submit something wrong.
How you found 'Souls: A friend of my showed it to me. I think she's going to join soon, too.
Initial post:
A steady beat of paws approached the border of the clan known as Inferni, the sun lowering down in the sky, bleaching the had-been blue sky with red and orange paint. Soon, the source of the paws stepped into an small, open clearing; a female canine in Lupus form, eyes darting around nervously. She had the appearance of a young coyote, with her larger ears, longish body, and narrow snout. But, she had a longer, plumier tail than some, and slightly taller size, because of the fraction of wolf blood that ran through her veins. She had heard from a lone wolf that she passed by the other day, that there was a coyote-dominant pack, or clan they liked to call it, was near the area. But, Alyssum de Fonte was starting to question her sanity of coming here as she looked on into the territory.

The loner wolf also had told her that the Inferni clan was a strong and proud group, but they also were fierce to others, especially wolves. She could see know that what he said was true. Skulls that suspiciously looked like mostly wolves', though the dusk could have been playing tricks on her, and red liquid that she was unsure if it was paint or blood covered a nearby tree as to set as a marker point, and maybe scare away passersby. If so, it was working on Alyssum, her ears flicking against the back of her head and tail tucking between her legs. But, she took what was left of her courage and stood there, waiting for maybe one of the pack members to come by. She wanted to join a group that had familiar people in it, since she was raised in a coyote group away from the lands of 'Souls, and didn't want to join a pack full of wolves. She yet didn't want to be a loner, either, since she did enjoy the company of others. Alyssum took a deep breath, and waited, glancing at the tree with skulls. She thought she could get used to their hollow eye sockets staring at her.
[html]

Howdy howdy. I am lame and this does not fit in Gabe's timeline but I will pretend it takes place either before or after that occurs. ^^

It had been a long time since Gabriel had stumbled across a loner on the Inferni borders. He figured, however, this was due to the prosperity of a good summer and the aftermath of the Dahlian War. That and a border-patrol that gravitated to strangers. It was surprising, therefore, that he was the one who found the girl. She was young, but not remarkably so. By sight, he recognized her as some sort of hybrid—she was not built like a pure coyote. Her lithe form next to the border markers seemed offset. She did not look like a killer.

Gabriel, by contrast, was nothing less. His sable coat blended into the twilight, and his eyes burnt against his dark face. This was broken up only by the scars, catching the sunlight as it sunk into the horizon. He came to a halt a comfortable distance away from her, and spoke evenly. “Do you need something?”

<style>
.gabe-fire .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gabe-fire p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gabe-fire b {color:#9b590d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gabe-fire {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/gabr ... befire.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:251px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:394px; text-align:justify; }
.gabe-fire .separator{width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Alyssum's ears twitched as she heard Gabriel approach, but they didn't perk up, and stayed relaxed against her skull; she sensed authority in this male, so she remained in a pose that meant respect to him. With a dip of her head, some form of a bow, the light, creamy-gray female spoke quietly yet clearly,"Yes, sir. My name is Alyssum de Fonte, and I am here because I was curious as to if I can join the Inferni clan. I come from a land far from here, but in my travels I have not heard of a great group like this. I would be honored if I can become apart of it." She raised her head slightly, enough to look at Gabriel, but kept it slightly lowered. She didn't want to offend him at all, since she also heard rumors from the lone wolf how they were crude; then again, they were rumors, and Gabriel seemed far from crude so far.
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: haha. Allo there. Nice to meet you and welcome to souls. Hope you don't mind two members giving you a welcome :3. WC: 381 {3 points}

Sepirah was growing tired by the time the sun began to set on the beach’s horizon. The dark princess was already beginning to grow in her skills and she wanted to have another chance to prove to Gabriel of her skills. Her tired figure moved back towards the wooded shelter of the Inferni pack. She lowered herself onto a nearby rock structure and adjusted her mask before leaning back and staring to the sky. It would be night soon and the jackal wanted to check along the borders before heading back to her home. The jackal was luck enough to invite two new comers to the pack herself and was eager to see if there would be any others around who wished to join. Her ears remained alert as she came moved from her place of comfort and walked along the skull lined borders.

Sepirah’s paused as she caught the scent of her leader and uncle. She raced along and shifted into her lupus form. Her mask remained on her face as she wandered along. Eventually she found the male with another female at the borders. She slowed down her pace and strolled up to her uncle. The dark princess smirked as she looked over to the hybrid at the borders. She had no scent of Inferni but she could see a look of interest in the female’s eyes. The jackal listened to the coyote hybrid speak to her uncle and sure enough she was interested in joining the clan. She knew that being the leader, Gabriel would be the one to decide if she would be allowed to join or not, but she knew that there were certain questions that would need to be asked. The female approached the two some and took to her leader's side, lowering her head. "Hello Gabriel. I see life is treating you well." She then turned to the hybrid and saw her head in a bow. Her smirk increased as she spoke. "What kind of skills would you be able to provide to the Inferni clan?" The jackal knew that she was not perfered for helping with new members because of her rank, but perhaps this would show the male some more skills and potential she had to provide to the pack.

Speak think walk

[/html]
OOC: Haha, I don't mind. The more the merrier. ^^
She blinked at the other female who entered; she would have thought the two were related because of their faint similarities, but Sepirah confirmed her thoughts by calling him uncle. "Well,"she spoke once more, directing her words to the female, though she didn't use a less respectful tone than what she used with Gabriel, pondering the idea. Her range of skills weren't all that amazing, since she was brought up in a traditional group of coyotes, who stuck to the olds ways instead of becoming more humanized. But, on the journey to 'Hogwarts, she did learn a couple of new things, though she doesn't see how they could be of much use. Alyssum continued to rack her brain for abilities that stood out the most in her, that shaped her into the person she was now.
"I can read and write well, but not as good as some, since my handwriting skills are still mildly developing, but its clear to read,"she stated. Then, the hybrid added quickly,"I'm good with small weapons that require close combat, like daggers and the such." She assumed this because, in her bipedal form, she usually used small silver dagger for hunting; she never did went hungry on her travels, thanks to her natural skills for that type of weapon. "I also can renew some articles of clothing into better shape. I'm trying to teach myself to make clothing from old tatters, but modesty aside, I'm still a beginner. I guess I can say I'm a quick learner, but, of course, there's some tasks I have somewhat difficultly in." There was a pause of silence from Alyssum as she tried to think of other things she was able to do, but other than the things she explained, any other canine could most likely be able to do it.
"I hope some of those things can contribute to the clan,"Alyssum concluded, feeling a little guilty that she didn't come more prepare than this. She should have known they would ask about what she can do for them, since they were providing things that would be costly. Now even more discouraged, she kept her muzzle shut, and listened for their say to these skills, if they would have the kindness to call them that.
[html]

You two are more than welcome to continue. :] Welcome to Inferni!

The young girl, Aylssym, introduced herself with knowledge of the clan. Gabriel was interested to hear this, and pleased. It meant she had some idea what she was walking into. Behind him, another figure approached and came to his side. He nodded briefly at his niece and listened as she spoke to the girl. It did not surprise him—she had been hanging around the borders recently, and greeted many of the newcomers to the clan. Her eagerness was abundant, it seemed.

As the newcomer spoke, Gabriel made note of what she was saying. She was still young, but seemingly doing well for herself so far. It was, however, her admittance that she was not an expert at anything that made Gabriel pleased. He would never have allowed her a moment of his time if she had tried to brag about skills she lacked. Above all, she told him what he wanted to hear—that she was willing to learn. He focused his eyes on her, idly trying to pinpoint her age from the build of her face. “We have a lot of experienced members here,” he began, thinking about his ‘elder’ members as he did so. “, and many who are not. If you are able to learn, then Inferni will teach you. For now you will be ranked as Tirones. When you find your niche, we’ll see about making use of it.”

He turned to his niece. “Would you show her around? She’ll probably want to find somewhere to sleep before nightfall.” This was, of course, swiftly approaching. With a nod to the two coyotes, the Aquila continued on his way, intent on finishing his border patrol.

<style>
.gabe-fire .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gabe-fire p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gabe-fire b {color:#9b590d; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gabe-fire {background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://bloodandfire.sleepyglow.net/gabr ... befire.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:251px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:394px; text-align:justify; }
.gabe-fire .separator{width:300px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: Sorry for the bit of a wait. WC: 367 {3 points}

Sepirah was glad to see that Gabriel was there to see how she handled the new comers to the borders. Perhaps even though she was of the warrior tier, he would allow her to continue to bring more members to the pack lands. This female seemed as eager as she was to learn, but Sepirah was first in line. She wanted to learn how to fight from her uncle so she could become one of the best warriors in Mudbloods. She had already met with Hybrid and was beginning with him, so at least it was a start. Her golden gaze then moved from her uncle and over to the new comer herself. She didn’t look to bad and seemed to look like the more common coyote. The dark princess did her normal jesture of walking around just to see how she would react before taking her spot next to her uncle again. So far it seemed like she was alright.

Sepirah’s ears moved when the male asked her to show the new comer around the pack lands. She nodded and smiled. ”I’d love to Gabriel.” She then turned to the new comer and rose to her feet once more. ”Come on then. I’ll show you around Mudbloods. I can’t show you everything seeing as it’s getting late and I haven’t been everywhere myself but I’ll show you places I do know.” The dark princess began to head into the thick woods and lead her away from the skulled borders. She would turn her head around just to make sure that the coyote female was actually following her. She took a break to adjust her mask before continuing on. She would pause just to see if Gabriel wanted to come along, but she was sure he had other duties to attend to as well.

First on the tour was Sepirah’s favorite place to go in Mudbloods besides hanging out at home with her grandmother. This was Hades’ Beach. The dark princess paused and sat down in the sand before turning her attention to the other female with her. ”This is Hades’ Beach. A nice place to relax and play around, when it’s warm anyways.”

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

WC: 336 3+ OCC: Its okay. Its to be expected, since I know some people here are busy. xD I thought the thread with you and Callien was cute. PT: 3

Alyssum de Fonte

After she finished her small speech, she watched Gabriel and Sepirah look over her. Even the female started to circle her, sending twitches of nervousness in her gut. But, she held her ground, yet she hoped this wasn't offensive. She let out a mental sigh of relief as Gabriel went on explaining that the more experienced members that she is able to learn from. Then, when he spoke about the newer ones, hope began to grow. Maybe she can related to them and be able to make easy friendships without stepping on someone's tail? Alyssum nodded, understanding that she needed to find a rank suitable for herself. But, for now, it seems that she was a Tirones, which she suspected was a subordinate rank.

She flicked her ear towards Gabriel as he left, some form of a wave good-bye. Then, she turned her attention to the female when she spoke of the Aquila's name for the second time. She took a mental note to remember that name, and possible try to learn his surname as well, if he had one. Then, she wondered what the female's name was, but she felt standoffish if she asked, so she held her tongue. She payed attention to her as she stated there's not much time to show all of the land, and Alyssum wondered, when Sepirah said that she didn't know all the territories, if she joined the past month or so. She straighted out of her stiff pose, but kept her tail low. When the other female checked behind to see if Alyssum was following her, the sandy-colored coyote quicken her pace to where she was a foot behind her.

As Alyssum was lead by the dark princess, she wondered where she was going to take her, trying to ponder what made up the Inferni territory. Then, when Sepirah brought her to the beach, a tiny smile formed on her face. She enjoyed beaches, but the briny breeze was made the air even chiller, which she guessed that's the reason why it was called Hades' beach. She watched as the female sat down, and after she was finished speaking, she quietly added,"It must be enjoyable in the summer." But to Alyssum, it was enjoyable now.

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab35 ... Table1.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#AD5C0E; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style> [/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: WC: 329 {3 points}

Sepirah was a bit disappointed to see that her uncle had to go and didn’t wish to join her. She wanted to impress her leader by showing the new comer around but she was sure he had other things to attend to. She would get another chance sometime soon and she would make sure that she would make him proud. She wanted to gain a spot in the higher ranks and this was one of the ways to do it. She was sure her work was not going unnoticed. The dark princess flicked her tail to make sure the new comer was following her. She would be failing her leader if she didn’t show the coyote around. There were so many places and such little time. It would be night soon and she wanted to show the female around before it got too late at night.

Sepirah came to the beach and let the female take her look before moving on. She could see a few stars appearing in the sky and the path before her becoming darker. She heard the female spoke and nodded. ”Yeah, the water is wonderful in the summer. It’s so warm and the perfect place to play. I normally only come here to train but I found it’s a much better place to just relax. The sand is a bit hard to land on.” The dark princess rose back to her feet and moved back to the woods. ”We better continue. We don’t want to be out here all night. I’m sure you’re tired and I got a place to stay until you find a nice home.”

She then passed by the mansion that her dreaded half sister. She wanted to pass by quickly and picked up the pace. ”Here’s a nice mansion that has some free rooms I think, moving on.” The jackal moved along, hoping the new comer would not question her actions and would just follow her along.

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

WC: 312 +3 OCC: PT: 6

Alyssum de Fonte

The young coyote looked over the beach. The dying sun was making the water shine, almost as bright as to one had to advert their eyes. She perked her ears as Sepirah mentioned that the sand was packed tightly, as Alyssum had never heard such a thing. The sand at beaches were usually loose and would stick to one's toes and feet. But, as she experientially pressed a fore-paw against the sandy ground, what the jackal hybrid said was true. Only tiny bits of sand had clung to her paw-pad as she raised it up inspected it. She shook it off absentmindedly, then looked up as the other girl rose.

When Sepirah spoke of how they couldn't stay much longer, she felt slightly discouraged, since she wanted to stay a bit longer. But, she also knew that the setting sun won't stay in the sky for much longer. And, when the black-coated female then said how she must be tired, it reminded Alyssum of her weariness, which made her even more weary as she thought about it more. As they trek, they came across what Sepirah called a mansion, which she guess what was the fabled D'Neville mansion, one of the few buildings that survived the near extinction of humans in 'Souls; it looked like it was in perfect condition, but it seemed that the other female didn't want to stay long. She did wonder why that the dark princess didn't explain much about it, but held her tongue about that.

As they walked further through Inferni territory, the coyote decided to introduce herself to Sepirah more appropriately, to break the awkward silence that the mention of the mansion produced. "I don't think you caught it back at the borders, but my name is Alyssum. Its very kind of you to show me around,"she said carefully, making sure she didn't say the wrong thing.

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab35 ... Table1.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#AD5C0E; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style> [/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
ooc: Shall we end this soon? WC: 327 {3 points}

Sepirah looked back to the female as they passed by the mansion. She could see that she wanted to stay a bit longer and look at the mansion. As much as the dark princess wanted to get out of there to avoid conflict, she didn’t want to disappoint the new comer. She took a few steps away from the place and let the golden female take a look around. There was no need for the jackal to make a bad impression on the place. She was sure that Halo wasn’t the only one living there, but it was because of her that she didn’t want to return back here. The jackal yawned and laid down and waited for the female to be done.

Sepirah rose back to her feet once the female was done looking at the mansion and began to lead her back to way they came and back to the caverns that she called her home. Her ears moved when the coyote began to speak and said her name again. The dark princess smiled and nodded. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you Alyssum. In case you missed it, my name’s Sepirah.” The jackal continued on thei way and continued to lead the female around.

Sepirah stopped in front of the caves and turned to Alyssum. ”Well this is the last stop on the trip. These are the caverns were a lot of the Inferni members live. I live here as well. I’m sure you can stay here until you find a more suitable place to live.” The dark princess began to lead her and looked for an empty place she could stay. So far it was taking a while but then she found a nice empty place next to her. The jackal turned to the golden coyote and flicked her tail. ”Here’s a nice spot. Perhaps you could stay here for the night and look for a better home in the morning?”

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]

WC: 356 +3 PT: 9 You can reply one more time if you want, or just archive it.

Sepirah. That's a pretty name, Alyssum thought, even though she was unsure of its meanings. Probably better than being named after a dingy flower, the coyote girl thought with a mental snort, thinking of her own name. She trotted after the black jackal, her eyes trailing upward, towards the sky as the trees became sparser. The sky's once vibrant orange was now dulling into a rich gray-blue, the horizon on the other side of the sky already a shade of dark indigo that signaled nightfall was near. Her paws dragged on the ground as her body felt the day drawing to a close; when she traveled, Alyssum usually slept when nightfall first fell, as so she can wake up early in the morning.

The two females pasted by some caves, and her muzzle gave a little wrinkle. She never did slept in a cave before, always sleeping in borrows at Atalanta at her former pack, and just plainly under the stars when on her travels. They passed by a few caves that were obviously inhabited. But, not many coyotes seemed to around and about. Either already sleeping or starting to come back, Alyssum guessed, following closely behind Sepirah. When they reached the empty cave, the coyote peered in, her large ears perked forward. It scent was stale, confirming that it hadn't been lived in for quite some time. But, it was her new home- at least, for the moment anyways. "Sounds like a good plan,"she replied to the dark princess. She decided to gather her items that she brought with her tomorrow when she finally have some rest.

She padded some way into the cave, walked in a circle, and laid down, tucking her plumy tail around her body. "Thanks again, Sepirah,"she said gratefully, a small smile on her face. It was kind for the female to show her around some territory, but Alyssum felt there was still some to go. And, she also wanted to see what the emptied territories had. But, that could wait another day. She laid her head down on her paws, and mumbled drowsily,"Goodnight." She surprisingly went to slept quickly, her flank rising and falling peacefully.

<style type="text/css">
.character-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#4c4652; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#F7F6FF; border:1px solid #092C5F; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#225580; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]