AW
Word Count: 242

Itzal walked through the forest. He like it here, with the trees all around him and the sounds of animal alive in the bushes and trees. It helped to relax him when he went for a walk in them. The smell of the trees were like an old friend to him. Not to mention the white of the snow that was covering them. He had wandered out here to see what he could find, and he liked what he had, the forest. He pricked his ears, listening to the leaves and trees swaying in the wind.

Then he let out a yip of surprise when snow from a branch over his head had fallen onto his nose. He shook his head to get it off. And then laughed at himself. He decided to find a nice quiet place to go and lay down. Itzal found a nice shady patchy of snow, and layed down in it, his fur appearing gray is in the shadows and surounded by all the snow.

He considered what had happened to him in the few short minutes he had been at the bored. Meet the jackal, being accepted into the pack. It amazed him how so fast his life could change, it even scared him some, but he was happy to be in the pack. His thoughts began to wander as he day dreamed of how this place would look in the summer. Beautiful he was sure.
[html]

Table by Nuki! /// Hey there, Itzal. c: sswm: 414

Alyssum trotted around a patch of dead undergrowth that was coated in snow, her Lupus form making it easy to maneuverer through the forest than in Optime, with her bumbling feet that always find a way to trip over the stale vegetation. Her golden brown fur was fluffed up to prevent the cold from seeping into her skin and bones, but because of the trees, the wind buffeted only the top of the forest, with their trunks only letting a faint breeze through its tightly packed shield. Indeed, Nod was peaceful, though the squirrels and birds seemed to be hunkered down in their nests, tired from their hunts for food. Without the musical presence of the birds, it was eerily quiet in the glade, but Alyssum enveloped herself into it inside of opposing it. A moment of silence could do one good, allowing her to think about what she will do for the next few days. She might train, for it always warmed her body up whenever she practiced moves that some of the Inferni coyotes showed her.

Her ear twitched as she caught a yelp that was carried by a soft wind, letting her muscles unclench as it was not filled with pain, but just mere surprise. But, the sound did make her curious, and she wondered who made it and why. Alyssum pinpointed the sound with her large ears, and padded towards where it originated. She didn't bother to try and be quiet, since there was no need to do so when she was in her own territory. There was no longer any yips, or any other vocal sounds, either. The young woman sighed, thinking it was maybe some lower creature that fell or tripped over the undergrowth.

But, the Hastati now caught another noise echoing into her ears. The steady rhythm of one's breathing that was not her own could be heard very near by, and she started to turn around where she stood, trying to see if she could see whom the one causing the breathing was. "Hello?"she called softly, her blue eyes glancing to and fro. "Anyone here?" She'd rather whoever it was to approach her first, so did't go off and catch another packmate by surprise; she did that when she first met Halo, and the Lykoi wasn't so pleased that she tried to sneak past her back in the D'Neville mansion.

<style type="text/css">
.Alyssum_wonderland b {font-weight:bold; color:#4c4652; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Alyssum_wonderland .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Alyssum_wonderland p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Alyssum_wonderland {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#F7F6FF; border:1px solid #092C5F; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#225580; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Word Count: 172

Itzal was at home here. He was sure that he would come to love this pack. And maybe he would fine a mate, if there were any good ones left. He thought about this as he drifted in and out of true awerness, just listening for any loud sounds. But other then his breathing, he heard nothing truly. He buried his muzzle in the snow, and ate some.

His ears pricked as he was jerked out of his day dreaming by the sounds of another animals voice. It was probably a pack member, considering no one would day enter these borders. He waited a second after he had heard the voice, as it echoed in the hollow silence of the forest. "Yes, I am here. Who are you?"

He stood up and walked to the place the voice was coming from, seeing a coyote, who had some traits of a wolf. "My name is Itzal. What is yours?" He wasn't exactly on edge, just curious of how she would react to him.
[html]

Table by Nuki! /// 45th post! Big Grin sswm: 381

Alyssum's voice bounced against the soaked trees and out once more into the crisp air. For a moment, she thought that many she had scared off some type of prey, and she felt a little dumb for not scenting the air to check so. Though her belly stayed more or less content these days, the snow was getting heavier, sending all the fresh food into their burrows where, even in Lupus form, she could not reach. She gone for quite a time living with hunger, and she would rather not retreat back into that state, though she highly doubt it will ever come to that. When she was hungry, the harder she hunted, and the demands that her stomach made were met with a skinny hare that satisfied it.

She didn't have to wait long before the last echoes of her voice was interrupted by another, soft one. It answered her own question, and returned it with one of its own. Alyssum heard the crunching footsteps of another canine approaching her, and she turned to face the male. He introduced himself as Itzal, and the coyote could sense his probing curiosity. She, too, was wondering who he was, since this was an unfamiliar face to her as well. Though she had met many of Inferni already, she still had a few to undercover an meet, though she got along with everyone she had talked to in the pack.

"My name is Alyssum de Fonte, Hastati,"she informed Itzal, giving a bow of her head to the Tirones, announcing both her name and rank. She was quite proud to be an Hastati, since they trained under the Hydras and a few other coyotes, whom where skilled in the arts of battle. She was learning from them and other experienced fighters, and even having the luck that the other Hastati had much knowledge in that topic. "I haven't seen you around here before,"she commented, wondering if he was another canine whom had been here longer than she, or maybe another has join the Inferni ranks.

<style type="text/css">
.Alyssum_wonderland .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Alyssum_wonderland {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#F7F6FF; border:1px solid #092C5F; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#225580; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
Word Count: 224

She was intriguing to say the least. He watched her look him over for a few seconds, then give her full name and rank. Itzal gave his usually smirkish smile, and not for the first time wondered if people thought he was cocky when he did it, it really was not that, it was just that it came naturally to him, it was just his natural smile.

He watched her for a second, then listened to her mention her not seeing him around. He smiled at her now, less smirkish and more happy. "Well that isn't really surprising, I am new after all, not that you could have known that. And Alyssum de Fontey? That is a very interesting name, it has a nice ring to it. I do not have any other name then Itzal, and I'm not aware of my rank yet because I am really new. But it is good to make your acquaintance."

He took a step forward slowly, making sure to give her enough room to make sure she wasn't uncomfortable. He looked at her, studying her build and appearance. She sure seemed lean, but in a nice way, and her coat was thicker then most purebred coyotes', even more evidence that she had some wolf in her like him. Maybe he had found one of his first friends.
[html]

Table by Nuki! /// sswm: 396

Alyssum tilted her head at Itzal's devious smile, wondering why he was making such an expression. But, it seemed not too mischievous, and more friendly than devilish. Though he did look cocky, it soon toned down as he spoke again. It seemed that he was actually new to the pack, which made Alyssum feel a little more senior, even if it only by a centimeter; more coyotes have been joining Inferni lately, which takes up the young woman's time just to try to track them down and at least say hi to them, though she hadn't done so in the past for days. As much as she would like to at least each pack member once, it seemed like an impossible task, what with newer members joining every other week or so, and some who liked to be secluded.

"You can just called me Alyssum. De Fonte is my father's last name, but I usually just go by Alyssum." When she was a pup, she had a nasty dislike for her last name, since it seemed to make all the adults in her old pack angry at her for speaking of the "heathen" of a coyote that was her father; they disliked "half-bloods", half coyote and half wolf, and they especially didn't like their spawn like the young woman. But, over time, she grew to adore her name and wear it boldly, in case maybe one day some of her father's family could find her. It was strange, though not uncommon, to hear that Itzal did not have a last name. Some coyotes and wolves of 'Souls were not born with parents with titles, and just had their first name alone, though over time they adapted their own.

"Its good to make your acquittance as well, Itzal,"Alyssum agreed, giving a little bow by dipping her head and slightly bending her forelegs, as if in a curtsy. When she looked back up, she saw that the hybrid had stepped a little closer to inspect her, which made her feel self-conscious. But, she took this chance as well to look over the boy. He looked similar to her, with coyote features yet with hints of wolfish appearance mixed into as well, but the coyote blood was the dominant form.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Word Count: 261

Itzal smiled, trying to seem less cocky and more at ease and friendly. He was glad to finally meet someone else other then the jackal that had meant him at the pack borders. And this one had more in common with him. He listened as she told him to just call her Alyssum and that her last name was her fathers'.

"Oh ok, Alyssum it is then. I do not have a last name cause i never knew my mothers, and my fathers was stripped from him when he was banished, so It no longer is my right to use it." Itzal dropped his gaze for a second as he thought of what he had just told her. Maybe it was to personal, but he did not care, she was easy to talk to so far. So why not?

He watched her bow and then smiled, in a wolfish grin, trying not to look threatening. He sat in silence as he noticed her looking him over, and then looked up at the trees.

"It is very peaceful in the forest at this time of year, all the animals are usually hibernating. I kinda like it, it give you a feel of that natural beauty of the forest, not just the beauty the animals bring with their noise and lively hood, but just the trees and area alone. " he looked back down at her and turned his head sideways some, looking at her and wondering what she was thinking of him. She probably just thought he was a loon.
[html]

Table by Nuki! /// sswm: 513

Alyssum watched as Itzal's smirk turned into a less confusing smile. She decided to return it with a small smile that made her lips tug upward. The coyote decided that maybe his devious grin was normal for the boy, since it came natural and he didn't seem to pull it off with any hardships. Although she had been getting more serious, because of her training and with her one year mark passing not so long ago, she had not grown to forget her good sense of humor and at least was able to smile easily instead of staying stern-faced all the time. Though she did not make jokes herself these days, at least she knew how to smile every now and then, not matter how small it was. She reminded herself of her mother; when in public the young coyote's mother would act proper and calm, though when she was with friends and family, she was more playful and open.

The yearling blinked sadly at Itzal's explanation for not owning a last name. She was in the same situation as he was, if not with a few minor details that were different. Her father, too, was rejected by her old pack before he could join their ranks to be with his mate and child because of her parentage. Alyssum did know her mother's last name, though the coyote woman declared that it was her maiden name time and time again, stating that she took up the title "de Fonte" because of her love for her child's father. This of course made nearly the entire pack angered, but they did nothing about it, ignoring them whenever she tried to correct them of her last name. "I know what its like, having a parent going away,"she murmured to Itzal, encouraging him when he seemed to register that telling her a bit of his past was no big deal at all.

She had to agree with the boy with the beauty that the winter provided. In the silence, one can take in their surroundings more carefully, and appreciate the natural beauty; the snow that covered the trees and ground in a enveloping blanket glittered like pebbles in a clear stream, rays of light being caught in the small crystals, then bounced off in brilliant colors. Even whenever she traveled in the Wastes, the vast whiteness seemed endless, which was comforting. She looked at Itzal as he turned his eyes on her again, and said,"I do agree. But, its double-sided." Like a sharp blade, one flat end held the glorious appearance of winter, while switched over to the opposite flat, it was dark, ugly, and so cold it seemed to freeze the marrow. "It can seem gorgeous, but there's many dangers out there as well."

Alyssum was starting to enjoy her pack mate's company, like all the others she met, including the Aquila Gabriel. She did not think of him of odd, the only thing that confused her was his grins, but other than that she saw nothing wrong.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Word Count: 213

Itzal was happy with the small smile that he got in return. Maybe she was okay with him. "I hope you do not mind me asking, but how old are you?" He could not help but be curious. She seemed almost close to his age, but could not be entirely sure. The Hybrid had just turned one year old, in December of 2010.

He watched her blink with a look of sadness in it. He smiled at her to reassure her. "It is ok, you do not have to be sad for me, but I am glad to know that I am not alone and you can relate." Itzal decide to take one more step forward and see how she would react. She seemed really nice so far, her eyes had a hint of warmness in them. It was also something that made him smile. But at the same time, he did not want to creep her out.

He listened to her explanation of how it was double sided and contemplated it a little. "Yeah, I have to agree with you, it is double sided. But if you are smart, you can keep away from the dangerous. We should never doubt that some of the most beautiful things, are also the most dangerous."
[html]

Tabe by Nuki! /// sswm: 402

"My birthday is on the longest night of the year... December twenty-first, I believe. I was born about a year ago,"she informed Itzal, though she was a little unsure of her answer. She wasn't good with calenders and could barely keep up with all the numbers. She was not taught to use human-invented devices when she was young, for it went against her strict feral lifestyle in her old pack. Calenders sometimes confuse her, but it was better to have knowledge of dates instead of being ignorant of them. Having accurate days numbered and categorized by month and year made meetings with others more easily done. Special days like the day of one's birth could be remembered more clearly than not knowing when it exactly happen.

Alyssum remained silent as Itzal insisted that she had no need to feel sorry for him, though she couldn't help but not to. She felt the pains of parental issues, and it stirred sympathy within with young coyote. At the most, she knew her mother, which was probably the most kind soul that ever graced her dreary old pack. A thought that she had not thought about for a long while crossed her mind, and she wondered how her mother coped without her, staying with the pack that disowned her child. Alyssum knew she was strong, and they would treat her better once she was gone, but she couldn't help but worry that they still mistreated her mother, even in the slightest of ways.

Itzal again took a step forward, but the coyote didn't mind at all. She did not feel threaten, since he was an acquittance, and they were safely standing on Inferni territory. Though she did feel self-conscious that he keep approaching her slowly, she did not stop him, since she would avoid being rude and not appear vain. "Better safe than sorry,"Alyssum agreed, then continued,"What with the skies getting grayer and the air becoming colder, its getting a tad bit harder to have a bountiful hunt. But, luckily, I think we're in for an easy winter." Prey, though snuggled deep without the bowls of the ground or trees, has been looking for nuts or other vegetation to eat on before it snowed any deeper, and it was chances like these that one must try and catch a meal or two.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Word Count: 215

Itzal was surprised they were aged so closely together, thinking she appeared rather mature for that age, he would have guess more around two years then one. "Oh. We were born right around the same time then, I was born on December 3rd, about a year ago, I just turned one year this last December.

He watcher as she thought about something. He did not ask what because he felt it was probably very personal. He looked at her and held to what he had said before. She was very lean and strong, but in a good way, probably from training. She was very beautiful herself, with the color of her fur standing out even more when surrounded by all the white snow, just like he is sure his did.

"Yes, better to always be safe than sorry. And that is good, I'm pretty good at hunting, I did it for half of my life to survive, even in the winter, so I am not to worried, but i would rather things be light and easy right now." the pack did not seem like it would ever starve. though he was sure that some of the members must have memories of going hungry on their journeys to get here. Was she one of those ones?
[html]

Table by Nuki! /// sswm: 435

Alyssum blinked back her amazement as her and Itzal seemed to share another similar trait. She thought Itzal may have been older than her, and she was right, though she did not know that it'd be a close shave. She didn't know any canines around here that born around the same time as her, either they were older or younger than her by a few months span. Nor did she meet anyone with similar heritage. She was mostly coyote, but she also had hints of wolfish blood running in her streams of veins. Most the canines in Inferni were more complex, with different types of canines all mashed into one being.

The coyote could tell that Itzal knew she was thinking deeply about something. So she shook off the thoughts of her mother and focused more on the present matter. "I was just thinking of my mother. Anyway, how are you liking it at Inferni so far?"she asked. She hoped that he liked his stay in the clan, because in a few months time she became inseparable with her new home. She was doubtful that she was making the right choice when she approach Inferni for the first time, with red liquid splashed at the mysterious pack's borders while empty, bleached skulls stared at her with their hallow eye sockets. But, the red paint soon became familiar markers, and the skulls that haunted her dreams when she first slept in the Inferni caves were now something Alyssum had become to love, even if they had wolf skulls among the trees.

"I traveled around the United States when I able to hunt by myself, though I wasn't able to shift at that time, so it was difficult for me to catch food." When she was escorted away from her old pack, she had to feed herself with what knowledge she had managed to learn while spying on the pack's hunts. She was young and small, but it was late spring, changing into summer, so hunting was easy for her. Whenever she didn't manage to catch something, she feasted on nuts and berries, though they barely satisfied her empty stomach. Indeed, Alyssum knew of starvation, and would not like to resume that lifestyle. It was for that reason why she is protective of her food and never wasted anything she hunts from, skinning the beasts for their fun, feasting on their meats, and even started to store the bones. She would sharpen them into dagger-like points, and could be use as a form of throwing knives.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Word Count: 250

Itzal smiled at her warmly. He was really beginning to like this girl. They had a lot in common. More than anyone he had ever meant. He walked up to her now, not advancing slowly, or taking one step at a time as before, but with his paws crunching through the snow, his claws curling around them, he walked up to her and smiled, having enough distance so it was not awkward.

He watched her as she came out of deep thought and told him she was thinking of her mother, and asked how he liked it so far. He got his old smirkish smile back at the question thinking of how she made him like it a whole lot better so far. "Oh, ok, Well you seem tough to me, and if you got that from her, i am sure she is fine. And I am liking it a lot so far. Especially now that it seems like i have my first real friend. I'm sure I will love to stay if everyone around here is as nice as you."

She told him about how it was hard for her to catch food before in the United States. He wondered if he would have survived had it not been for his ability to be sneaky and catch food. He did not know. "Oh, well you survived, which just proves how strong you are, and I am sure that isn't a problem anymore now that you are in Inferni right?"
[html]

Table by Nuki! /// sswm: 572

Alyssum blinked in confusion as Itzal called her "tough". She never got that comment, for when she compared herself to the others in Inferni, well, there was barely a comparison. Most of the coyotes were bigger, badder, meaner, and overall better than the young woman, but that only drove her to try even harder. Maybe one day, she could be looked upon by coyotes her age in the future. She imagined being as fierce and graceful as Halo, one of the best warriors in Inferni, and it made her inpatient for that fabled day to come. But, training came first before the battles, like one must walk before he could learn to run.

The male now did not hesitate and stepped as close as he could without popping the woman's private bubble. Then his familiar smirk played across his muzzle once more as she asked her question. She snorted when he said that he hoped that some of the members will be nice like her. "Some of the coyotes around here will tear your throat out if you step out of line. But they are easy to please, just don't try to avoid them." Alyssum remember back at the D'Neville mansion when she tried to sneak past Halo so that she didn't disturb her, but the female caught her and exploded, but she managed to apologize to Halo and they were now of good acquittance.

One of Alyssum's thin eyebrows raised why the other pushed down in now obvious questioning when he complimented her on her power. She was flattered, but also felt guilty because she wasn't quite making many nice comments either. "Inferni has large lands, so hunting for prey is not as difficult as it was. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have any trouble hunting, either way." Itzal seemed to be the stealthy type, what with his nimble movements, and smiles that showed his sneakiness.

Alyssum was a good enough hunter, enough to get pass, though she always made messy kills for the spurts of energy she put forth to end her prey. She'd always have to skin and then wash the fur to free it of dried blood at the River Styx, which wasn't pleasing since the water was chilly during the winter.

Over time the time she spent in Inferni, she managed to collect enough pelts to start sewing together a thick blanket of mismatched rabbit fur, but it was still a work in progress, only being worked on after a day of training and before bed; she had been sleeping in the caves, though she wanted to live in the mansion but had yet to move, and the nights in the open den could get quite cold and a thick blanket was perfect.

Though she loved to get finished with the blanket as soon as possible, she to resort to shifting to Secui for warm. Her wolf blood was more apparent in that form, with thick, smooth fur that was double-coated, which added more warmth than what a Lupus and Optime could provide. Alyssum had been starting to shift more often now, to try and stretch her changing abilities so that she would be able to shift faster, since it took her time to even go from Optime to Secui, which was probably the most easiest to morph to.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Word Count: 238

Itzal watched as she pondered what he had said about her being tough. But he had meant it in a good way. Strong willed, graceful, and cunning. He hoped he hadn't offended her. He liked her to much to give offence to her on purpose. And plus, he just did not like to do that.

On her comment about the other coyotes in this pack, he let out a small chuckle, and smirked at her, this time making it cocky just for fun. "Maybe that is so, but why would i try to please them, or step out of line, i mean, after all, I've got the muscle of a wolf, the speed and agility of a coyote, and, " he pause to smile at her "the cunning of both put together" he laid down, but first stretched out his muscles as he felt them flex and groan with tightness. He definitely needed to go for a run sometime soon.

He smiled as he saw her eyebrows move and thought it was kinda funny how human the thing looked. But she wasn't even in optime form. then he realized what she had said. "I don't know. Maybe I'll find out sometime, if you ever wanna go hunting with me, then we could see how good i am compared to you." he was happy to suggest the idea, he liked spending time with someone so like him, especially Alyssum.
[html]

Table by Nuki! /// sswm: 484

Alyssum wanted to argue that the coyotes who would have heard him say that would not even let him take another breath of cold air. But, she did not want to fight with her new acquittance, since she got along with him, nearly as good as she did with Clover Love, Sepirah, and Halo. She never acted too bold with any canine, since she rather have friends than enemies, especially if she had to live with them. But, so far, she had three good relations with within Dahlia de Mai, Phoenix Valley, and Cour des Miracles. She had yet to come across any other pack wolves in the neutral territories, but she would never get close to their borders to met them, in case she may upset them by being near their territory.

"I bumble like a puppy with over sized paws when hunting. It wouldn't be much competition,"she admitted. She was inpatient when it came to hunting having to slither close to the ground when in the Wastes because of lack of coverage, and rabbits would feel your paws on the ground before it could even scent you, and one had to be quiet for that. Usually, unless hunting a big rabbit or something rather large, Alyssum would catch prey in her Secui form. It was large and fast, so whenever she could find prey, it was easily caught, without a prayer of escaping the Luperci's teeth and claws.

"But, hunting would be nice. Maybe we can meet in a few days, and we can hunt together." Alyssum already had tomorrow and the day after that for training and making a routine visit to Halifax, always testing her luck in finding a good human object or perhaps even weapons she could practice with. But, she was free after her trip from Halifax, and then the pair could go hunting together. Alyssum was a little worried, though, because it was mid-winter and all the food would be hiding. But, if they were as hungry as she was, they would appear out of their underground homes to feed their emptying bellies.

"The best place to go hunting would probably be the Riparian Moors, or perhaps Grotto dei Avernus. Its usually warm around the hot spring, so maybe some prey has been attracting there to try and stay away from the cold." Riparian Moors were a bountiful place, full of prey year long especially at the Veldenmore Meadow. But maybe the animals were gathering closer to the foggy springs to prevent themselves from freezing to death. Luckily, if they traveled northeast from Grotto dei Avernus, they could also give a go at the Moors. It would take all day to hunt, but she wouldn't think Itzal would mind that.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Word Count: 290

Itzal smiled and chuckled some at her comment about bumbling like a puppy. She was strange, in a good way. she seemed friendly and very nice. But also there was an air of strength about her. He kinda liked it. Well to be more exact, he kinda liked her. He was glad he would get to see her again soon. And better yet, it would be for some hunting, he would probably get to run some, which he still longed to do.

"I'm sure you could still teach me a thing or two, and anyways, you seem rather graceful. And i would enjoy meeting in a few days to hunt, when ever you are open is fine by me." This was probably best they waited a few days, he still didn't know what his housing was, or what training he was going to have, so he would probably start to get busy sometime soon.

He got up and stretched his legs "I should probably get going, got to get settled in and everything yet. " he smiled at her and shook off, making sure no snow had stuck to him. "Ok, you know the best places to hunt better then me, so you can pick where we go. The hot springs would probably be good, cause it is warmer like you said."

Itzal got up and started to leaving, smirking as he brushed his side against Alyssum's. he kept walking then looked back at her with his smirkish smile.

"I had fun talking to you today, you are my first real friend here. So i just figured id tell you that you are beautiful just like this forest, in your own way." Then he turned back around and walked away.