[aw] in the arms of undertow
[html]

(536)
One or two, SL onlyyy. 8| <3 Eris be "working" (lol slaves) on her fishing weir. :3

Eris is by James!

The dark woman stood over the branch of the Pictou she'd claimed for Salsola's fishing weir, her chartreuse eyes appraising the structure she'd already completed. In truth, Eris had lifted few stones for this project -- the slaves had done the brunt of the work. Thus far, she'd discussed it with Khirot, the initial spark of inspiration which drove her to create this project. She had spent the next few weeks moving stones herself, the few she could move by her own strength. Then, it had been Khirot and Darijus to help her with the stones for the cart, along with Miqui. Eris herself, since the initial burst of inspiration and the time she'd spent working herself, had spent most of the time supervision, which was exactly as she did now.

The tide had just gone out, and the pack's two able-bodied male slaves -- Gjalda and Khirot -- were slowly moving the stones down the perilously steep bank. At first, they'd tried simply heaving the stones over the bank, but as their weight caused them to become sunken and stuck in the muddy banks, this plan was quickly abandoned. Instead, the two males carefully carried the stones between them, one by one.

Their pace was maddeningly slow, and the dark-hued woman settled down to her haunches, glaring at both of them and wishing she had a hundred slaves, if only for this purpose. It was too perilous for Darijus, crippled as he was, to stand in the powerful current of the river. He might lose his balance and float out to sea, thus ending his service and usefulness to Salsola. The dark-hued woman wished that big man's hip would just hurry up and heal already -- she was certain the massive wolf would be able to move one of the big rocks on his lonesome, at least doubling their pace.

Eris had high aspirations for her weir, of course -- with the inflow of tide and fish with high tide, they'd be trapped come low tide, once the wall was high enough. Salsola therefore had an infinite supply of fish -- provided the tide kept them well. The dark woman had no understanding of fish migratory patterns or anything of that nature; nonetheless, she recognized the power of the river and wished to harness it for Salsola herself.

If she had cared less for Molcaxitl, she might have ordered her slave to assist, but she didn't think Molca's strength was enough to move boulders, in any case. She could have commanded the ranked members of Salsola to do her bidding, but then she must share credit with them in the end, too. Eris needn't accredit slaves with their duties -- she could take all the credit if Salsola's slaves completed the weir. So it was that the sable-hued woman sat cross-legged on the bank, occasionally barking a sharp command down to Gjalda and Khirot as they worked. The tawny jackal would happily repeat her command in a mangled, garbled language he shared with Gjalda, and they would both set to work, bandying one stone for another, moving a stone here and shifting another there.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 500I could not help it

Imhotep found himself bored though he was also in the mood to just move so today instead of working he found himself out and about. He moved along walking across the land of the thorn kingdom. Marks in his arm from the ritual he did with the golden woman. He wondered though what other strage things members did here

one sturdy foot after the other the man moved along the territory. He was sight seeing in a sense exploring the areas he had not explored yet. Though he also hoped that he was not going into area's he should not. He was not sure what they were like here. He knew back home that there were places in the palace that he was not allowed to be.

Imhotep smiled as he heard the sounds of rocks shuffling. He wondered what was going on up a head. Golden eyes cast onto the land a head of him as large ears turned listening. He moved forward sure footed about where he was going. He saw first the dark leader who had allowed him to stay. Greetings He spoke as he changed his posture though by now he was learning what was what. I see you are enjoying day too. He spoke looking at him.

this in a way worked for the sand kissed man. she had wanted to talk to him sometime and it had been a rather long time since he had last seen her. "My gift serve well?" He questioned not moving closer or sitting. That he was unsure if it would be disrespectful or not.

Image courtesy of I don't know o.o; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.imzer { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... mhotep.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ffb066; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.imzer b {color:#974700; }
.imzer p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.imzer p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.imzer .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.imzer-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(321)

Eris is by Kiri, a gift from Sylvey!

The coal-furred Auxiliary glared with displeasure down at Gjalda and Khirot, once again cursing Salsola's short supply of slaves. They should have hundreds rather than these measly two able-bodied slaves. Twilight and the other womenfolk were unfit for such work; their skills otherwise made them too valuable to risk in the water. Khirot was skilled enough with the oceans and boats that Eris did not doubt his ability to swim to safety, but Gjalda... perhaps not. She could only hope otherwise, for if she lost one of these two, work would slow to a crawl until he was replaced or until the big slave was fully healed and properly indoctrinated.

Her gaze moved to the surrounding Pictou, an alembic for her sourness. She saw a golden-hued figure moving toward her, too dark gold to be Tlantli, who was bright, sunshine yellow. Eris did not wish to see this latter, for they had nothing to say to one another any longer. Tlantli had failed Salsola in her duties, and she was not to be trusted anymore -- she was just barely tolerated now, having been ousted of her position by some lowly canine of their ranks. Eris was glad to see it was Imhotep for other reasons, however, and she smiled broadly at his approach, beckoning him closer.

Sit, please, she invited, stroking the ground beside her rather than patting it. His thickly-accented voice flowed like honey, and the shadow-furred woman gave a toothy grin, the tip of her tail flickering. Your gift is just lovely, my dear, she said, purring. I look forward to learning more of its history. But, before we speak of any such things -- how does my Associate like Salsola? The Auxiliary's inquiry was polite and not of kindness, as it was her duty to ascertain the settling of Salsolians within their borders -- especially those whom she'd accepted to the pack.

<style>
#erisKiri2 {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#erisKiri2 p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#erisKiri2 .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#erisKiri2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#erisKiri2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: ###I could not help it

Imhotep moved towards his leader now that she had spoken to him and given him a signal to sit next to her. Imhotep moved with stride as he slowly seated himself next to her. he looked at her and gave a bit of a smile as he watched the two in the water. He wondered what they were doing but before he asked anything more he waited for her to speak.

Here is home only thing I do not enjoy be the snow. He spoke looking at her. He knew she could not fix that but it was the only thing. I work hard some day make you proud. He spoke as he looked at the two slaves working. Would that have been what he would have done? He wondered as he looked back to Eris.

I've been meaning to talk to you the arabic man spoke as he looked at her. About Odessa He spoke as he glanced at her. He wasn't sure if he should say anything else. he wanted to know now before he set his heart down. He cared for the wolf girl but... if he could not have her then he would stop living with her.

<style>
.imzer { background-image:url(http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... mhotep.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ffb066; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 260px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.imzer .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.imzer-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(352)

Eris is by Kiri, a gift from Sylvey!

It was important for Eris to ascertain the proper adjustment of any new recruits to Salsola, especially those she herself had admitted to the pack. She was the more prolific of the two Colotl-ranked canines in seeking new membership, and it was therefore a heavier burden on her than Sirius. However, all Salsolian burdens Eris bore happily, glad to serve her family. There was certainly pride within the sable-hued woman for the place she'd carved out on the edge of Drifter Bay, and this pride made her selective in those she chose to accept to the pack. There had been many encounters with Loners since, and she had driven a fair share of them onward, unwilling to accommodate weakness. Salsola had need of only liege canines; the disloyal and cowardly could go and seek their fortunes further south. Eris would not have them.

Imhotep, for his part, seemed to be settling into the pack well enough. By his own profession, the only thing he found distasteful about the pack was their climate -- and certainly, this was nothing Eris could fix. Still, she offered him a sympathetic smile and nod, the inner corners of her chartreuse eyes crinkling with the appropriate distaste for cold. Clothing might suit you, Imhotep, the hybrid offered, still beaming at him. You will make us all proud, I am sure. Already, I'm hearing good things, she said, grinning fiercely. These good things were courtesy of the murmurs and overheard conversations of her fellow Salsolians, and though the dark-hued hybrid had no proof as of yet, she was certain Imhotep was a choice addition to the pack.

The hybrid's manner changed as the golden canine's countenance grew more serious, the subject changing to Odessa. The shadow-furred woman cocked her head to the side just slightly, prompting him to continue. Go on. There was caution in her voice, but no displeasure. Instead, the coal-furred Auxiliary merely appeared intrigued. She leaned forward, not even sparing a glance toward the weir working for the first long stretch of minutes since Imhotep's arrival.

<style>
#erisKiri2 {
}
#erisKiri2 p {
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#erisKiri2 p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#erisKiri2 .txtooc {
font-family:georgia, serif
line-height:16px;
#erisKiri2 .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisKiri2 b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#erisKiri2 u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisKiri2 b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisKiri2 b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: ###I could not help it

Imhotep wore only a cloak and what he had when he had been on the ship. He had a new cloak that had fur and he also had a pair of pants he may have to start wearing it. But the weather here had been so weird. You are right I should wear warmer things. He spoke as he looked at her.

What made him happy and feel more at ease with what he did. His tail wagged a little bit as she spoke of him. I Would to anything to prove to you he spoke. He would always be loyal to the dark woman. She was one of the few here he would die for. Loyalty the one thing that was beaten into him.

She in turn became more serious as he changed slightly. He wasn't sure what he was going to say. He wasn't even sure he should say anything. He stopped for a moment and then smiled as he thought of Odessa. .She's very special to me. I don't know what you all think about couples. He said as he sighed. I know I'm older then her. In egypt that no matter. He spoke as he started to have an issue deciding what to say. She's young in ways not well versed. Who make a better husband then a man who could take care of her. I'd never stop defending Her or Salsola. He spoke as he turned his gaze from her for only a moment. His heart raced a little waiting for her to say something.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(316)
Slight powerplay in second paragraph, Eris touches Imhotep's arm. Let me know if you're not cool with it; Sie will edit. <3

Eris is by Libri!

Larkspur was a good two years older than Eris. She wondered what the age difference was between Imhotep and Odessa, though she supposed it did not matter. The coyote need only look upon the golden-hued dog's face to see his sincerity -- there was hope, there was anxiety, and above all, there was devotion -- to Odessa, yes, but their Family member was Salsolian, through and through. The dark-furred woman had no doubts about Odessa's loyalty whatsoever. Imhotep, though, was yet untested in Salsolian waters, new and untrusted, as of yet. He had given the dark woman no reason to distrust, and on the contrary, had worked diligently to improve the pack's lot. She had her answer, of course, but the dark woman remained silent for some time when the slim dog finished speaking, as if considering.

The small smile that blossomed on her muzzle a moment before she spoke told all, however. Am I to understand you are asking for my blessing in mateship with Odessa, Imhotep? she purred, the tiny smile blossoming into an outright grin. Well, you have it. She is my mate's niece, and you, too, will become closer Family to me yet, the hybrid said, reaching out to touch the man's arm ever so lightly. She was all for strengthening bonds which tied their Family together. Honor and love her -- serve her, too. May she do the same for you, the hybrid said, inclining her head toward Imhotep. You'll make such a couple, she said, girlish excitement in her voice. You can announce your decision at the next Last Supper, but you needn't wait until then to make it official. The hybrid offered one shoulder in a shrug at this, still smiling. Do you have any questions about how Salsolian mateship works? the hybrid asked, ready to supply Imhotep with whatever knowledge he desired.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: ###Sie OMG I can't believe you XD any pp are fine as long as he's not getting hurt

Imhotep had come to the right place it seemed. The woman seemed to not be angered by his request at all. Infact she seemed in a way glad. He smiled looking at her. She's something else. He spoke looking at Eris feeling her hand touch him. He had to admit there were so many questions and a man his age should know half of the answers.

Imhotep smiled and nodded. I have to admit I have a few He spoke looking at her. .He felt like a child learning to do things for the first time. Imhotep then looked at the pair still working and turned to look at her again. But I'd also like to thank you for such an honor I will forever be hers He spoke as he looked at her. I seek just general knowledge. He spoke as he glanced at her. being her mate her did not think would change much at the very moment because he was bent on making sure he took his time. After all that what he should do.

<style>
.imzer .name { font-size:45px; font-familmly:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(607) No one could ever say I'm careless? XD

Eris is by Libri!

The dark hybrid liked Imhotep because Odessa liked him -- she valued the blood in Larkspur's family, and Odessa was especially close to Larkspur, daughter of his sister. She therefore trusted the Family member to make her decisions wisely and act in ways most beneficial to the family -- thus far, Eris had not been disappointed. This mateship would bolster the family's bonds, and it would serve all of them well. The dark wolf could only hope in the future they would see more such pairings.

His thanks was received with a gracious smile and the slightest inclination of her head. She was pleased with his proclamations, but the dark hybrid was too wary to rejoice in the future -- it was quite uncertain, and while she did not think anything would impede Odessa and Imhotep's mateship, her foresight was not that sharp. Surely, she would later sacrifice and speak prayer over this decision, but she needn't consult the liver of some hapless creature every time she granted her blessing to another of Salsola.

Eris hesitated a moment, peering at him evenly. He seemed entirely unused to this world, as if he were raised in a different one altogether. And that very well may be, she reminded herself. The golden dog spoke with the rich tones of some faraway place, and perhaps not only their language, but their entire culture was different. Perhaps there were no mateships at all where Imhotep came, just the men capable of claiming women, claimed women, and men incapable of claiming women. Such a system was pure brutality, and allowed only the physically strong to survive -- Eris herself knew physical strength was not the only factor in determining success, of course. If things were a question of physical prowess alone, she herself might not be Family of Salsola, let alone Auxiliary.

Well, she began, speaking if only to break the quiet that had befallen after her hesitation. Your mateship is what you make it. All are different, I suppose. Some choose mates for love, she said, smiling toward Imhotep, and others -- well, they make a match of two good pieces, hoping to form a better whole. Such was the case with herself and Larkspur, and surely, this had produced a batch of beautiful children, each a shining beacon of power and strength derived from mother and father. That their match had been successful did not necessarily doom all mateships made for love, however, and Eris thought the physical complements Odessa and Imhotep played to one another would suit almost as well as a match made purely for the sake of bloodlines and producing strong children. Eris was, of course, conveniently forgetting her first litter had been entirely unintended.

Either way, children should eventually come from a mateship, she said, smiling a little sort of grin. You don't need me to tell you how that works, though. Your body will know that, when the time comes. She did not know if the golden hybrid had that sort of experience with women or not -- it was pretty clear to her he had little romantic experience, but romantic and sexual knowledge need not occur together. Perhaps best of all, if it should happen Odessa is not satisfactory to you, or you to her, either of you might seek your fun elsewhere while keeping your mateship intact. The coyote was blunt, for she did not wish to waste time beating around the bush and having Imhotep guess at her meaning. Euphemisms and subtlety were not so effective when there was something of a language barrier between the speakers. Discreetly, of course, she added quickly.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: Sie mating to a higher ranks Salsolian member doesn't that atuo rank you up?

Imhotep listened to what the older woman said. She was wise and knew the laws of her land. She was the guiding figure that he knew he could go too. thank you for telling me these things. He spoke as he sighed thinking about some of these things. He could not imagine not being happy with Odessa. Well if anything. I would be my fault never hers He spoke it was the truth. Nothing she could do would ever make him unhappy in anyway.

Imhotep watched as the two worked moving one large rock at a time. Let us change the subject hmm. He spoke looking to her. When they had met she had wanted to know about his land and he still had questions about hers. There was so much here so much he was learning and maybe now it wasn’t all for Odessa. Maybe he was here because he was growing as a man. He was becoming something he could be proud of.

I spoke with Tlantli, a while ago. He spoke looking at Eris. I asked her about the mark on Odessa the hand of Eris. She also taught me your torn ritual. He spoke as he looked at his arms. Some puncture marks were still visible from the thorns but his arms were healing and it had not hurt all that much. There was still so much to learn, But I also wonder what you want to know about where I come from. You seemed so interested before. He spoke his accent breaking through so heavy. He was day by day becoming more fluent with Odessa’s teaching and getting him to repeat over and over again.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(357)
YES. I am just slow. <_<

Eris is by Poppz!

The dark woman smiled faintly, and reached out a hand again, delivering a reassuring touch to the man's forearm. I believe you two will be truthful and faithful to one another, she said. The same might not be said of her and Larkspur, but then again, she had become Larkspur's mate for the sake of her children, and their strong blood. She did not regret anything between them, and she had come to revere her mate again, in her own way. Their dynamic was such that Eris could never view him as an equal, but neither did she consider him quite so beneath her as she had when they'd started their official relationship. Before we move along, though, you ought to know you'll receive a promotion based solely on your mateship to her. I do hope you make wise use of your new position, she said, blinking at him with wide eyes, an expression of feigned innocence.

Her coal-hued face showed curiosity as the dog spoke, though it darkened imperceptibly as he spoke of Tlantli, wondering if their former Crone had filled Imhotep's head with nonsense. But, as the golden man continued, it would seem the Family member had properly guided him -- Eris saw with her own chartreuse eyes the faint scarring of Zacatapayoli on Imhotep's arms. This surprised her -- what she knew of her sister spoke of sinister motives, of iniquitous vengeance and single-minded purposefulness. Eris did not believe Tlantli cared for the heart and soul of Salsola, rather unlike the Auxiliary herself. This was her family, and Tlantli had proven otherwise -- hadn't she? Perhaps -- this was a mystery the dark-furred woman needed to investigate.

Imhotep's purpose in speaking, however, was not Salsola, but his own origins, and the woman smiled broadly, delighted to learn about his culture. Oh, anything you might tell me. What gods did you have? What rituals did you practice? Was there a book you followed? Priests? A high priest? The coyote grinned at him and inclined her head. I am too interested in whatever you'd share, my dear Imhotep.

<style>
#erisPoppz {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
}
#erisPoppz p {
}
#erisPoppz p.sieImage {
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#erisPoppz .txtooc {
#erisPoppz .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#erisPoppz b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#erisPoppz u { text-decoration: underline; }
#erisPoppz b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#erisPoppz b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Imhotep sat there now more then ever wondering what the slaves were building. But his mind was more focused on the words that came from the womans mouth. he did not want to disappoint her or Odessa. He nodded. You have my sworn honor on Horus that I will honor this promotion. He spoke his tongue almost getting tied over a few of the words at least he was able to slow himself down a bit to help.

Imhotep smiled Theres still so much I want... I'd be honored to know about here. He spoke. He wanted to talk about his home but he also wanted to talk about Salsola and the mystery of the thorn kingdom.

He turned his whole body so he sat cross legged looking at her. There are far to many of those to name off here. He spoke looking at her with golden eyes. I doubt I could even write them all. He chuckled a bit it was rather funny though. A good for this or that another for that and one for giggles. But yes priests and those you call high priests, they preform rituals for the dead the living the sick and the Pharaoh. He spoke looking at her. He held his right hand out palm up.

I was thinking of placing the mark here on the palm. He spoke slightly changing the subject. The desert man had run from his past and landed here and landed himself something more then a life his own. He was apart of something he was another gear in the clock and he helped it run.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Eris is by Libri!

The steady background noise of clink and splash told her Gjalda and Khirot continued their work, and she remained otherwise focused on her Family member. She listened with intent as he spoke of many gods, her surprise showing -- she knew of monotheistic religions, such as that practiced by Eterne, and polytheism of three gods, as with Larkspur's trio, but polytheism of innumerable gods? This intrigued her, and her face gave indication of her curiosity, wide chartreuse eyes glittering with appreciation at the knowledge he gave her.

What is this word? Pharaoh? And your rituals for the dead? she cocked her head to the side. We have all the time in the world -- ask of me what you will. I flood you with questions, after all. Perhaps Salsola would be more similar to Imhotep's home than he anticipated -- more so if she chose to appropriate anything from his culture as her own. The dark hybrid did not consider asking him permission, for they were not his cultural ideas, after all -- what permission could one dog give for his forefathers' forefathers ideas and creations? Eternian rituals were not hers, after all, and she shared them freely with Salsola.

The dark woman held up both her hands, the backs of them facing toward Imhotep, and grinned broadly. The thick scars were apparent on her wrists, raised ridges of thick pink scar tissue. They had only finished healing recently, but she was most pleased with her choice of location, and most pleased with the scarification itself. The palm and the hand are good places to bear a mark symbolizing a hand, no?

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Imhotep laughed a bit to himself. He had to sound like an idiot to her. he was on on subject and then would bounce to another. Maybe it was because he hated to hear himself talk or maybe he liked to hear her speak. He wasn't sure maybe it had something to do with the web of lies he had weaved and he always tried to make sure what ever he said was not giving away his past.

Pharaoh, is I believe what many would call a king. Like the boss here. Only Pharaoh controls a whole land. He said as he looked at the ground. he took his finger and drew a blob. Egypt Pharaoh controls it all. Army keeps his word law. He spoke smiling.

Our dead are cared for. Preserved with salts. i don't know all. dead honored, the pharaoh more so then all he is the almighty god horus. he spoke as he looked at her. Sun gold eyes just watched as the world go by them as he looked at her.

The funny thing was that they were like two friends sitting here watching the slaves. He was becoming more at ease now. Yes i feel like its a good spot. She said looking at her marks. He would someday show Salsola that he was worth something. He was helping with the clinic and he would help with many other project that Salsola had.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(303)

Eris is by James!

The coal-furred woman nodded; she liked the sound of this word very much. It was an exotic way of saying Boss -- perhaps she'd try it on Sirius. He might like the foreign flavor of it, and what pleased Sirius was good for Salsola as a whole. The preservation and honor of the dead was not unfamiliar to Eris, though she herself did not engage in such rituals. Eris's forte lie with the dying and death itself, rather than the already dead. Once a canine had passed from this world to the next, Eris had no use for them -- their life force had been depleted.

I see, she said, nodding thoughtfully. She understood the equation of a leader to godliness very well: in Eterne, the Mamexi was bride of Momotzli -- akin to a god herself. Salsola did not believe the same, however -- Sirius, godly as he might have looked, was no more than a mortal. She did not wish to disrespect Imhotep's beliefs, however, and so the dark woman merely nodded her understanding and carried over to the next subject.

Salsola has no rituals for the dead, she said, frowning. Shibboleth had been burned in a pyre, but Shibboleth was different. Even if they had death rituals, the dark-furred woman would have disobeyed them: her child was different. The woman thought of the feverish and small body and suppressed a shiver. Nor do we think of our Boss as a god -- he is mortal, the woman said, smiling. But you may flatter him by thinking of him as a god -- if you wish, she said, shrugging one rounded shoulder.

Elsewise, leadership is the same here -- the Boss's word is law, and he controls all. Those who disobey him have no place here, she said, shaking her head fiercely.

<style>
</style>[/html]