out on the edge of forever
[html]

“You know,” Wilson mewed, trotting along at his heels, “for wanting to explore the whole bloody region, you don’t move much.”

The brown luperci snorted at him, his hands trembling badly as he walked across the bridge. “I’m moving,” he complained as he glanced over the edge of the railing. The river was swollen, but the Princeville Footbridge was newly constructed about the time humanity fell, and he had hopes that it would hold for another minutes at least as they crossed. It might’ve been easier to go around the water or swim through it, but he more or less trusted the humans and the roads they built.

“The wrong way,” the cat replied. “Or do you want to go to Freetown? Again?”

He shrugged and grinned over his shoulder, although the toothy smile was a tremulous thing. “What can I say? The other merchants call to me.” He froze when the wind blew, one hand clamped on the rail and the other keeping his cloth from flying off his head. “And there’s supposed to be flourishing woods and good hunting on the other side of this bridge. Crops too, maybe, although everything’s flooded.” Truth be told, though, he really did want to visit Freetown once more. It was so much easier than dealing with the various personalities of Nova Scotia, where he wasn’t protected by the laws of the popular trading post.

But it didn’t further his personal journey, the journey that had brought him across the ocean in the first place.

Agonizing minutes passed before the pair finally reached the end of the bridge and stared at the fertile lands around them. Fir, spruce, pine, tamarack, and other coniferous trees dotted the forest in addition to newly-green birch, aspen, and poplar. When he inhaled, the odor of deer and waterfowl and smaller predators reached him.

“Fancy yourself a feast?” Levent asked the cat teasingly, and Wilson purred as he came to stand at his side, looking at the valley.

<style type="text/css">
.levtcai b {font-weight:bold; color:#dfe4eb; text-shadow:#2c3036 1px 1px 2px;}
.levtcai w {font-weight:bold; color:#e1d3b8; text-shadow:#2c3036 1px 1px 2px;}
.levtcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.levtcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a4abb5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TJ7PH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c3036; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2c3036; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.levtcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I'll Believe It All...

Crazy Hannah is crazy… Tongue I changed the lyrics just so they would fit on one line. They were getting smooshed lol.

As per usual, Hannah was minding her own business. She’d stop to chat with a chortling bird here, reprimand a thieving squirrel there, but otherwise she kept very much to herself. The young she-wolf was inexperienced as far as travelling went, and she had hardly a clue as to where she was going. But, for someone who had been locked up in a tiny cabin for what seemed like ages, the adventure was anything but daunting. Ghost-like eyes remained wide in awe, never failing to gawk at the sheer beauty of the forest. And, when she came upon contraptions that were clearly not wolf-made, she would stop and take the time to sketch them out on a ruddy piece of paper with an ink-dipped claw before moving on. The world seemed to have many surprises in store for Hannah, so it was no wonder that she was moving rather slowly that morning.

The wind undoubtedly picked up with each step, tossing the lacey skirts of Hannah’s dress around and mussing her already-wild hair. She pinned her ears flat against her skull as if that would keep her from flying away, and continued to press forward until the scent of another – no, two others – stopped her in her tracks.

The she-wolf took merely a second to size up the strangers, noting that one of them wasn’t even a canine at all before hopping up on the fallen tree that obstructed her path and dropping her satchel on the ground near her dirty feet. The tattered, mud-soaked train of her dress fell over the log like a waterfall of ivory satin, and she folded her hands neatly in her lap as she closed her eyes. Goddess of the wind, she mused in her tiny voice, this is Goddess Hannah Solstice. Please take a break so that I may converse with this traveler in peace. Thank you.

<style type="text/css">
.hanazes .space {float:right; height:500px; width:230px;}
.hanazes .words {font-size:35px; font-family: 'Bad Script'; text-align:center; color:#fff; text-shadow:#52534f 1px 1px 2px; padding:30px 0px 30px 10px;}
.hanazes b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow:#52534f 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.hanazes p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.hanazes {margin:0px auto; width:100%; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#abaea5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/OCAwG.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #52534f; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#52534f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.hanazes .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.hanazes p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.hanazes p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Oh, that's fine. They fit on one line when I tested it, but I use the wide skins. I didn't stop to think you'd use a different one. ><

The wind blew to and fro, causing Levent’s white shirt to billow and his tail to flick out to the side at the whims of the gusts. He stooped to pick up the cat, smirking slightly at the sight of his friend tottering, and fondled his ears as he looked back at the woods. There would be more shelter in the trees, and he began to walk that way.

If he’d expected anyone to show up, it would have been a fisher or fox or some other beast of the forest. He might have been unsurprised to see a luperci appear on four legs or even two, but he did not expect the sight of a lovely tangle-haired lady wearing an exquisite dress. His jaw fell slack as he watched her stand atop a dead tree like some goddess. She had to be an illusion, especially when she fell into a pose that suggested that she was praying. Was this some sort of sign?

He was blinking and at a total loss for words, but the gales started to die down although some still rattled the branches overhead. Wilson was, for once, just as entranced as his companion. He dropped down out of his friend’s arms and padded rather bravely toward the fallen tree, letting out a mew of greeting. For one so suspicious of strangers, this time the cat seemed to trust that this woman would have a gentle nature.

Levent followed, perplexed and frowning lightly. “Hello,” he greeted at a short distance, accented English coming to his tongue in favor of the Turkish greetings he usually gave out.

<style type="text/css">
.levtcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a4abb5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TJ7PH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c3036; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#2c3036; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I’ll Believe It All…

OOC here!

Hannah was rather pleased to feel the wind slow after she’d delivered her message, and she opened her eyes and peered up at the sky before muttering a brief ‘thank you.’ The pair moved closer then, the shorter of the two venturing the closest and emitting a sound that made Hannah’s face break into a large smile. She bent over, extended a delicate hand, and then smoothed one pointed ear back with her thumb, followed by the other. It was a soft little thing, and she couldn’t help but continue to pet it as the man caught up with his companion and greeted her.

You have a very tasty voice, she said, noting his accent as she kept her eyes and hands on the feline. Neglecting to return greetings right away was something that Hannah was known for, and to most it seemed rather odd. But she hardly noticed – she simply spoke her mind. And she did indeed like his voice. To say that it was ‘tasty’ simply meant that it was exotic and felt nice on the ears. But Hannah wasn’t one to use simple words, and so she picked the ones that she thought best described how she was feeling.

Finally the she-wolf lifted her head, meeting the ghostly orbs of the male with her own. She smiled her sweet, ethereal smile and then stood, floating forward and extending her hand to him this time. However, instead of waiting for him to take it, she did the same thing she that did to his companion, and smoothed his ears back with her thumb while her tail swished calmly behind her; he was soft as well. Granted, not quite as soft as the feline, but she knew it was because his fur was much coarser. Hello, she finally answered, letting her hand drop to her side. How are you this fine day?

<style type="text/css">
.hanazes .space {float:right; height:500px; width:230px;}
.hanazes .words {font-size:35px; font-family: 'Bad Script'; text-align:center; color:#fff; text-shadow:#52534f 1px 1px 2px; padding:30px 0px 30px 10px;}
.hanazes b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; text-shadow:#52534f 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.hanazes p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.hanazes {margin:0px auto; width:100%; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#abaea5; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/OCAwG.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #52534f; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#52534f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.hanazes .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.hanazes p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.hanazes p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

The male luperci was still perplexed as he approached at a very slow walk, and his pale eyes only widened more when he saw the girl bend to stroke the tomcat’s soft ears. It wasn’t audible at this distance, but Levent was sure that the feline was purring deep and hard at the affection. It was rare that he got any that wasn’t from his best friend, as most wolves either ignored him or looked at him with a mixture of distaste and hunger.

Still gently petting Wilson, the young woman remarked upon the man’s voice and made him crack a grin. Ben Türk, sevgilim,” he murmured in answer as he came closer. She really was gorgeous, and her reaction to his accent only delighted him even more. He played hard at being exotic, embellishing even his natural foreignness to stand out as a quirky character in the minds of others. If he was memorable, others would trade with him, and if he played a fool, others would underestimate him. But for her, the faintly exaggerated show was to keep both of them amused.

Had this fine creature not looked fragile as a fawn, he might have given a more flirtatious response about the taste of his voice, but for now he was glad to look at her. Her smile took him aback, and her eyes were the same washed-out blue of his own—although hers were more ghostly instead of the ice that his gaze carried.
That ice melted when he started to reach for her hand, but then her thumbs came over his ears like they had the cat’s. He blinked then grinned, not minding the unusual attention. He waited for her to finish her appraisal of his black ears before bowing slightly.

“Muhteşem,” Levent answered warmly, and translated, “magnificent.” He smiled flamboyantly and reached out for her hand, lifting it gently to his lips. “Especially now that I’ve met you,” he purred, and then laughed lightly at how cheesy the display was, even for him. Apologetically, he let go of her hand and took a step back, his eyes bright and alert.

“My name is Levent Kartal, and my friend is Wilson,” the Turkish wolf introduced warmly, the flirtatious tone absent from his voice now as he became more open and serious. “What’s your name?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]