[AW] Spring Cleaning.
[html]

Word Count → 407 :: Anyone is welcome:3 I'm gonna back date this a bit to the first of April.

Amelia was a beautiful mexican she-wolf. Her fur wasn't so thick now, lighter from the spring weather that had arrived not to long ago. She worked to clean and ready her new home; a small abandoned house with a master bedroom and guest bedroom on the edge of Halifax. Her dress was recently clean, hanging up to dry just outside. She had no idea where her friend, an arctic fox, had gone off to but she was sure that Charm would return soon. Maybe he'd even bring in some fresh kill for lunch.

The pretty kittens, one girl and one boy, were running around the house in play. Azul was in a happy mood which Amelia assumed was the weather's fault. The black footed she-cat chased her brother, Oro, between their wolf mother's legs causing her to temporarily unbalance and stumble back. "Ay! Cut it out niños!" she called after them not meaning what she said. Amelia didn't mind the cats at all. Infact, she loved them dearly and their play was like music to her ears.

The wolf wondered to the front yard, a woven basket she had found at hand to collect the laundry. She'd washed some of the sheets in the old house as well for the beds and they'd be ready to take down as well. As she collected them, a tune came to her mind and she hummed it lightly. Things were looking up for her and her small family of animals. Maybe she'd even gain friends soon.

Mexican Rose Clipart Added by Me. Table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.Amelia-box {float:right;}
.Amelia {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.Amelia .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Delius Unicase'; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:10px;}
.Amelia p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.Amelia p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.Amelia .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.Amelia p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.Amelia b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 530 This looked lonely and I wanted to meet your new characterr. Big Grin

A white cat padded through the dead city, pausing occasionally to lap from a puddle of water or spit at one of the large rats staring from the shade of a dumpster. It was a normal enough sight, with other mangy felines dominating some sectors of the city—or being eaten—but this one was immaculate, well-groomed, and confident. When a falcon soared over the street, circling back to check out the potential prey—a bright dot against the dark, cracked asphalt—the tom only sat and licked a paw. His sandy-yellow eyes flicked upwards, challengingly, waiting for the bird of prey to make its move.

His tail kinked when the raptor finally decided to dive. And as the feathered beast swooped in closer, a shadow detached itself from the mud-colored brick wall and leaped for the falcon with outstretched claws. The bird shrieked and slashed, but the luperci grabbed its beak and feet and grinned, letting out a few avian noises of his own. As the bird stilled, staring at him, he laughed and threw it up at the air. It beat its wings furiously, lifting off and away, without as much as a glance back in their direction.

The cat snorted. “That would have been good nosh!”

The wolf offered him a smile, adjusting the colored cloth around his dark hair, which had been upset by the falcon’s talons. “I don’t eat anything I can clearly speak to,” he replied. “Cats, horses, big birds are all off limits. Were you to lure in a duck, maybe I’d be able to twist its pretty neck without it telling me about its fifteen children and gay lover and oh, the duck mafia will take you out.”

Wilson snorted again, but this sound was higher, and he sneezed once in laughter. “So the more you learn, the more you’re gonna starve?”

Levent looked offended. “I could still eat slugs and fish.”

With a teasing purr, the feline brushed against his leg then trotted along the street again. His companion grabbed the satchel with his things in it and followed, heading toward the outskirts of the city. There was more life on the edges of Halifax, it seemed, where the plant life had encroached and prey were beginning to come out more. The greenery was a nice sight, cloaking some of the buildings in leaves or vines, and he could smell flowers on the wind. Smiling, he strolled along and started to hum tunelessly to himself.

Soon enough, another melody clashed with his humming, and he paused and pricked his ears. They were nearing some houses, front yards overgrown with weeds and all other matters of flora, but it looked like at least one had seen some use lately. He started to reach for Wilson to pick him up, but then he caught sight of a woman standing outside one of the homes, pulling sheets off a clothesline. It was the perfect picture of home life from an old human magazine, and stranger even than the humanized markets in Europe and Asia. He chuckled and sauntered over to the house, leaning on a mailbox.

Merhaba,” Levent Kartal greeted with a broad grin.

table and manip by raze; template by kitty

<style>
.Kadencat p {padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px; }
.Kadencat b {color:#9b9db4; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Kadencat t {color:#9b9db4; font-style:italic; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Kadencat w {color:#eae7e7; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Kadencat {background-color:#50504a; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:12px; color:#242421; width:480px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/x4DMp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:400px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #58604f; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; line-height:16px; }
.Kadencat .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana;font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #58604f;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

YAY. This thread is useful after all!! Big Grin I was totally boutta have it archived. xD

A scent cross her nose as the breeze moved in and the light noise of something leaning up on the rusty mailbox she would never have a use for came to her ears. She turned quickly around, holding a pillow case, half folded, and widening her eyes at the male. Who was this? Her eyes traveled down him and over to his companion who happened to be a white feline and who certainly didn't appear as a threat. Some sort of greeting muttered she didn't understand but by the way he presented it the female felt fine.

"Hola," she offered in her own native tongue, the spanish rolling off her lips like a sweet lullaby. "You need something?" She didn't know why this is was the first thing she said besides hello but it seemed to fit. No one had been around while she'd began living here and it felt a little odd meeting him here. The kittens must have heard the noise because they ran out, Oro in the lead and his sister playing chase, mewing happily and producing a lot of racket.

"¡Gatos! ¡Silencio!" she yelled and looked apologetically at her guests. Her mother's voice came into her mind. "¡Mirar! This is how you treat your company? This is how you present yourself? ¡Mirar niño! This is no way to act!" At Amelia's command the kittens came to a surprised hault, Azul's eyes big and blue and ashamed. Straightening herself back up she looked at the male. "Yo soy... I mean... I am very sorry, Señor. You're our first house guest, you see."

Mexican Rose Clipart Added by Me. Table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.Amelia-box {float:right;}
.Amelia {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.Amelia .words {font-size:25px; font-family: 'Delius Unicase'; text-align:center; line-height:20px; padding:10px;}
.Amelia p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.Amelia p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.Amelia .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.Amelia p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.Amelia b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 245 lev is like OMFG ADORBS KITTENS FJKLSAFKLS

The locals get startled easily, Levent observed as the woman whirled around to face him. The place wasn’t as densely populated as the European cities he was used to, however, where it was rare to not run into anyone when you went for a stroll. He kept his posture relaxed and slouched, his grin amiable, until she seemed to come to terms with his presence and offered a foreign greeting of her own.

He had been around enough Spaniards to recognize the greeting and dipped his head in acknowledgment, running a thumb over the scar on his lip. Hayır, I need nothing,” he said, smiling lightly. “I just wanted to see—” He paused then, glancing at the pair of kittens bursting from the door and racing around to greet them. His blue eyes widened, a broad smile snaking across his face, but before they reached the newcomers they were berated.

“It’s no problem,” the Turkish wolf insisted warmly when the lady apologized. “They can come see me if they’d like to.” He crouched then, mewing softly at the cats in greeting, and reached out with a hand for them to sniff if they wanted to. His tail was wagging behind him, although he seemed not to notice it.

Wilson, meanwhile, rolled his dark sandy-yellow eyes. “What the barmcake meant to say is… We were just out for a walk.” He flicked his tail and glanced uncomfortably at the kittens.

<style>
.Kadencat {background-color:#50504a; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:12px; color:#242421; width:480px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/x4DMp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:400px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #58604f; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; line-height:16px; }
.Kadencat .ooc {text-align:center; font-family:verdana;font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #58604f;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
Sorry about the wait!

IC-

The male was going to explain himself when the kittens ran out. The two mewing loudly with Oro in the lead and Azul nipping at his hind legs. They stopped and starred. Oro's pupils grew wide in curiousity and while Azul looked uncomfortable she too found interest in the strangers. As the man bent to allow them to come near, however, their obedience was forgotten and Oro took off with Azul in tow. The little male kitten went for a sniff at the strangers hand before quietly mewing and swaying his tail. A purr in his throat as he rubbed against the stranger.

Beside him stood the smaller female, whom proceeded to bat her large blue eyes at the white feline and tilt her head in an ever so shy yet adorable way. This was all so knew to the kits-meeting other cats-that when he spoke Azul's eyes grew wider in confusion. She mewed a soft hello as if to test his knowledge of cat-speak when came Amelia behind her. The luperci's arms wrapped about the small cat's body and pulled her up into her arms. She looked at the white cat before her.

"You speak? Bueno! If only these two could do the same!" she gave a small smile and turned yellow eyes to the male. "I am Amelia. What is your names?" A natural flirt the wolf tilted her head charmingly and gave a sweet smile. Heck, he wasn't bad looking and seemed nice enough. Why not give a little playful looks toward the stranger? She stroked Azul's neck and the kitten went limp as it relaxed in her arms. Oro on the other hand was busy pacing the male and mewing at the other cat. It was until he saw the warning glance Amelia gave him that he came to sit at her feet. The little family without Charm sat with the guests, waiting for replies.
[html]
Word Count :: 336

There was no denying that Levent had a soft spot for the cute and fluffy. As much darkness and selfishness as he was capable of, he melted when it came to baby animals—and kittens in particular. It took most of his willpower not to roll down on the ground with them, tickling their bellies and rolling them back and forth in the grass as they nipped at his fingers.

Contenting himself with petting them softly instead, still murmuring words of greeting and other politeness in low speech, the man left his own feline companion to stare awkwardly at the she-kit who was staring moon-eyed at him. Sighing, Wilson returned her testing mew and added that he was a cat, even if he spoke like a wolf. Clearly, he didn’t hang out with his own species very much.

To the Mexican woman, the tomcat added, “They can learn. Some naturally pick up on it; others might need a nudge.” He flattened his ears awkwardly, not used to speaking directly to luperci other than his friend. “In London, a lot of cats talked—high speech, I mean.”

He went silent then, as Levent finally snapped back into the moment and watched the kitten scurry away. He caught the other’s playful look and offered a dashing grin of his own, no stranger to flirting with or without purpose. He bowed flamboyantly.

“I am Levent, and my feline friend here is Wilson. Been—what’s the term, thick as thieves?—since we were erkek çocuklar.”

He straightened from his bow, although he never truly stood straight; there was a casual hunch to his shoulders that made him look shorter than his already somewhat meager six feet. He smiled and looked at the house, the clothesline, the yard, the street behind them.

“What made you choose a place like this to live?” the Turkish man asked, thought not inconsiderately. “It’s lovely, but most wolves I’ve met here prefer a little camp in the woods or a pack if they’re that sort.”

<style>
[/html]
OOC – Sorry about the wait...

IC –

Catching a certain drift that the cat hardly ever spoke to anyone but his friend she gave him an encouraging smile and tilted her head in a friendly way. All she truly wanted was to find herself some amigos and become just as close as these two came off to be. Sure, she couldn't be friends with everyone, but she darn sure would attempt it as long as she had good legs to travel on and a set of lips to smile with. She spoke calmly to the white tom in reply to his sentence. "Ah, si, well the kittens and I seemed to be understanding each other slowly, yet sometimes I believe they use a language barrier as an excuse not to listen." Humor: a certain tool she tried on the cat to make him relax.

After the awkward pause that followed within the air a certain fellow shook from his immature play time. Amelia hadn't been bothered by a playful man who seemed in love with her feline children. He introduced himself and the feline and made some sort of other language happen after describing their relationship. Oh how she wished to have friends such as this that they had!

Upon hearing the next question, Amelia thought on it before answering. Why had she chosen the place that seemed so random and secluded from the world? "I suppose I just wanted a place for the kittens and I to live for a bit while I explored the area... Here we can grow together and lay out our belongings and what not without carrying all our things on our back like we use to." She looked upon the kittens that purred so eager for Levent's attention. "We're a family and family's have homes when they live some where... But I wasn't sure if stumbling into some random place would be a good idea. I'd much rather find friends in each pack first, or at least in most of them, then make my descision based on the people I know. Otherwise I could waltz right into a terrible place and it would be all my fault!"
[html]
Word Count :: 271

Wilson did not respond to the other’s soft joke, but Levent caught it and grinned, fluidly reaching over to ruffle the tom’s ears. He jerked his hand back as his friend swiped at him, hissing, and laughed. “Wilson pretends with strangers. With me, he pretends he can’t understand Turkish.” He winked at the feline, who flattened his ears bad-temperedly and curled his tail around himself protectively. His whiskers twitched, and he watched the kittens balefully.

The luperci did not let his friend’s grouchiness knock him down, however. He listened politely to the woman’s explanation and glanced at the house, thinking of the weight of the satchel on his shoulder. “Ah, as a man with many belongings, I understand.” He shot her an apologetic look as he bent to pay attention to the kittens with a soft pat there and a little poke of a nose there, eventually just sitting on the lawn to let them climb all over him if they wished.

“You have common sense, then,” Levent remarked as she talked about her choosing a pack. “That’s why I’m homeless, myself. I want to know about all of them before I decide; you can be too hasty.” And so far he hadn’t gotten as much information as he wanted. While his “friend” in Anathema had told him much and more of her pack, he was a little wary of staying with her for a prolonged period of time. The others were either mysteries to him or, if he did know about them, didn’t suit his style. Among cave-dwellers, coyotes, wildlings, and knights, the sole merchant could not find a home.

<style>
[/html]