We're going on a kitty hunt
[html]
27th April. 10am. Dampwoods. Optime form. It's kitty hunting tiem! / 383

The mid-morning sun filtered through the dark foliage of the trees, a sweet spring breeze rustling the leaves and bringing fresh scents to Niernans sensitive nose. He inhaled deeply, filtering the multitude of odours that filled his olfactory passages as he tried to find the one scent he was looking for. He caught a faint whiff of the very familiar smell and let his paws take him in the direction of the scent-path.

He picked his way skillfully through the trees, avoiding knobbled roots and low hanging branches with ease. His cyan eyes scanned the forest floor and the low branches, his tan and black ears swivelled constantly, trying to pick up the tiniest of sounds. He placed his paws as carefully as he could, attempting to make as little noise as possible.

Niernan couldn't help thinking over the last few weeks, and how exciting it had alll been; he'd been swept up in all the meetings, new friendships, building and partying. So much so that he had let Ciarans disappearance slide for too long. The cat had only popped into camp a couple of times since they had settled, and no-one had seen him for at least a week. Niernan was worried, at 7 months old Ciaran was still only a kitten. True, the cat could fend for himself and was quite an accomplished hunter, but he was still tiny compared to how big he would be when fully grown.

The young wolf called Ciarans name in low speech; the Maine coon X had taught Nier bits and pieces of the language of animals just as Niernan had taught Ciaran High speech. The growly mewl didn't travel far in the thickly forested area, it wasn't a loud call anyway; Niernan didn't want to adverise his presence too much. He wasn't far from the camp but he was far enough that it would take some time for aid to come. Not that Nier couldn't look after himself, he placed one hand-paw on the skain strapped to his belt, feeling the cold metal and warm leather of the short dagger.

He let a huff of breath escape him and he chuckled to himself, Scaring myself with thoughts like this He mumbled, shaking his head and letting a smirk play at his lips, amused and embarrassed at his foolishness.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.neiot p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.neiot p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait and the cruddy post. ;__; Finals have been killing me!

With some more deer meat in his satchel and a swagger to his step, Levent made his way through the forest. It was early but late enough for him to sleep in, and with the sun a couple of hours from its zenith, he was glad to put some distance between himself and the north. He had half a mind to head to the city again and see if there was anything he could find there—other than a man and his bird, at least. As thrilled as he was to see others with their animal companions, he wanted information more than anything else.

He drew a flask from the bag bumping against his hip, heading down to a stream and taking a seat on its loamy banks. Leaves from the previous fall swam through the water and swirled in little pools, creating clouds of rotten debris. He abandoned those patches for a place where the water trickled pure over the rocks, holding the flask close and shivering as the spring-cold water ran over his hand. He wiped it on his pants and took a swig, dark ears turning at a quiet sound overhead. Blinking, he turned…

And a white shape dropped down from an overhanging branch. The man yelped and almost fell in the water, grabbing for the creature as paws raked through his brown fur. He pushed the animal to the ground and began to roll it back and forth through the dirt, grinning broadly until its ferocious growls turned into mewls of amusement and defeat.

“If you were a cougar, that might have worked,” Levent remarked, as the white tomcat sat up and shook himself.

Wilson licked his whiskers. “If I were a cougar, I bloody well couldn’t sneak up on you, could I?” He purred in delight and waited happily as his luperci companion refilled the flask and stood, stuffing it back in with his other knickknacks.

Making sure it wouldn’t spill over his precious pair of books, the wolf started to walk again, tail wagging idly—but as good as his mood was, it seemed to be far surpassed by the feline’s. The cat tried to wind through his legs as he walked, and curing softly in Turkish, he stumbled. “Watch where you’re—” he started to scold, but his heel dug into the cat’s tail, and Wilson let out a yowl. He shut his mouth and blinked sheepishly as Levent guffawed, but the cat’s cry had echoed throughout the woods and would surely draw attention.

<style type="text/css">
.catdoglev b {font-weight:bold; color:#695b59; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #826449; }
.catdoglev w {font-weight:bold; color:#f3e4e2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #826449 }
.catdoglev p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.catdoglev {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9b198; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/OG0Sk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 315px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#826449; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Ah, don't worry about it. I'm patient. I have exams coming up soon too, so I know the stress it all causes. Smile / 488

Black and tan fur stood on end and Niernan froze. His spine straightened dramatically as he stood as stock still as he could. His head had automatically pointed in the direction of the loud and reverberating noise, his bright blue eyes wide and flicking between trees, scanning the dark gaps. His pointed ears practically quivered as he held them forward, scanning for the location of the haunting cry that broken the eery silence of the forest. His mind raced; could that have been Ciaran? Was he in trouble? Or was it some other cat? Maybe a wild one, or a cougar. He'd never heard a cougar make a noise quite like that before, and the only sound he could compare it to was the pained yowl that tore from Ciaran whenever Bran stepped on him.

He took a step towards where the noise had come from, letting Ciarans Low Speech name rumble from his maw again, pausing with his hand-paw on one of his skains. He let a huff of air escape his nose and took another step forwards, allowing the trees to swallow him once more, his ears now flicking around as much as his eyes. He scanned the forest for any sign of the noise maker, his foot-paws picking up pace and soon he found himself running. He no longer cared if anyone heard him, he wanted to find his cat.

Normally Nier was quite adept at running through woodland, having become used to it on his travels. But his panic made him blind and it wasn't long before he caught his claws on a root. He cursed under his breath as sharp pain shot through his toes and paw. He touched the claws gently and made sure there was no blood before giving his foot-paw a shake and then continuing his run. He thought he'd cleared his mind enough with clipping his claws but he felt the familiar pain shoot through his paw as the same paw smashed into a very old and knarled tree root. He swore loudly as strings of fire sprang up his paw and shin, and swore again as he realised he was sailing effortlessly through the air, his muzzle heading straight for the leaf litter.

He hit the forest floor heavily, his muzzle burrying itself in the soft leaf litter and his hand-paws parting the leaf mulch as he slid forward on his tummy. He came to a stop and let his raised foot-paws fall to the floor, admitting defeat. He yelped as his injured paw hit the ground. The twinge of pain made him grimace and he raised his head, about to turn his muzzle and look at the offending paw when his blue eyes fell on the shape of two strangers; a Luperci like himself and a white cat. Niernan groaned and planted his face in the leaf litter, hiding his furious blush before attempting to heave himself to his paws.

<style type="text/css">
.neiot b {font-weight:bold; color:#d99e6f; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #100802; }
.neiot {margin:0 auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d2414; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EBZI5.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 390px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a96b44; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Wilson darted a few feet away and curled up in the crook of tree roots, his tail twitching enough that his companion knew he didn’t do any damage. The cat looked abashed for getting underfoot, but Levent only chuckled, shook his head, and turned to move on again. He wanted to make good time before the sun set, maybe even reach the outskirts of the city, where he could bed down in an old suburban house or something.

They started to move, but the tomcat held back and twitched his ears as if he heard something. He parted his jaws to drink in the scents of the thick wood, but that proved unnecessary: thundering footfalls and the crash of twigs brought both males around to stare at the bipedal creature sprinting through the forest.

A dark wolf flew from the trees and smashed into the ground, leaving a furrow in the earth. The stranger yelped then lifted intriguingly blue eyes, and Levent managed to stare back in surprise before the man dropped his face back into the leaves and groaned.

“You deserve an award,” the Turkish wolf laughed in accented tones, although he came over and nudged the stranger with a foot to get him to look back up. He offered a hand to help him to his feet, beaming like a fool as the cat watched warily. “I’m going to take a wild guess and say you thought I was butchering my friend?” He remembered the pretty green-eyed lady who had mistaken the friends’ play for more predatory intentions, and figured this was another white knight. “There is nothing to worry about on that front, bu vesileyle.”

<style type="text/css">
.catdoglev b {font-weight:bold; color:#695b59; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #826449; }
.catdoglev w {font-weight:bold; color:#f3e4e2; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #826449 }
.catdoglev p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.catdoglev {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9b198; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/OG0Sk.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 315px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#826449; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
I know what it's like, I've got a huge assignment due in tomorrow and I shouldn't really be posting right now, but I needed to take a break from Distribution plans and Operational strategies -_-; / 421

Nier felt the light nudge of the strangers footpaw and wriggled slightly as it tickled, he looked back up at the stranger now stood at his side, his cerulean eyes focussing on the paw that was extended for him. He reached up with his own tan coloured paw and grasped the offered appendage, using the newcomers help to heave himself to his feet. As soon as he was up he dropped the strangers paw, not through ingratitude but through the desire to examine his throbbing paw.

He bent quickly and patted his toes and claws to ensure that nothing was broken and that they were all still there, when satisfied that that was the case he straightened up abruptly and offered a smile to his mysterious helper, Ah, I've done stupider things and more impressive things and not seen an award yet. His mild Irish tones floated through the air between them, he noted the odd lilt of the strangers words but couldn't place it. Nier busied himself with brushing himself off, sending leafy debris flying as he picked mulch and dirt from his fur, he wiggled uncomfortably as he realised that he'd managed to get soggy leaves down the waistband of his shorts. He shook his hips, freeing most of the detritus with the movement, but still having to pick a few stubborn bits from the front of his shorts. He offered an apologetic smile for that.

The other wolfs words about butchering his cat raised a loud and genuine laugh from Niernan, but the strange, foreign sounding words at the end of the sentence cause Nier to tilt his head slightly, curiosity shining in his cyan eyes, Ah, I've heard that noise many a time from my own feline companion. My brother does not appreciate the company of cats and often tries to dispose of my Ciaran. In fact I thought it may have been Ciaran getting himself into trouble, you see he's kinda run away. Niers face fell into shame, knowing that it was entirely his fault and his drunken antics that had spurred Ciarans disappearance.

The dark Stormbringer male shook himself out of his little depression and smiled, trying to put on his typical foolish air, So that's what I'm doing out here, looking for my cat. Oh, and I suppose I better introduce myself, all this falling over must be addling my brain. He offered his paw to the man once more, his calloused pads now free of leaf litter and dirt, I'm Niernan Stormbringer, pleasure to meet ya.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
LEVENT KARTAL
& wilson

Word Count → 322 :: Pardon my crappost. >< And good luck on all your assignments, if you have any more. :3

After checking his fingers and toes, the brown-accented wolf smiled at him and made a remark that had Levent chuckling. His laughter was short-lived, so he could listen to the other’s accent rather than his own voice. He’d heard the Irish lilt before on his travels and when he’d been staying with his mother, and it was music to his ears. He grinned idly then more broadly as the other pulled soggy leaves from his waistband; it was all he could do to keep from “helping” out.

The other man laughed, and Levent smirked before nodding in understanding, softening up a bit. Your brother wouldn’t chase him off, would he? he asked first, concerned that his brother had succeeded in disposing of this Ciaran. He couldn’t imagine a brother hurting another’s friend or even pet, but then again he was an only child.

Wilson, meanwhile, noted the darker wolf’s shame and padded toward him, winding around his legs with a purr of encouragement. It wasn’t often that he extended himself to other luperci, but it was easy to comfort others with soft fur and cute yellowy eyes. Lev knew that from experience, and he tried to hide an uncharacteristically gentle smile as he watched his friend.

We’ll help you out, Niernan, the Turkish wolf pledged. He took the other’s hand firmly, smiling crookedly. Levent Kartal and Wilson at your service; I’ll leave it up to you to figure out who’s who. He let go of the other’s paw only reluctantly and glanced down at the tomcat. You’ll have the advantage of someone who knows how to think feline, too, if that’d help. This was said only half jokingly, as he knew Wilson had his choice places to go when he was pissed at his sinning companion. He glanced back at Niernan’s cyan eyes. When was it that—Ciaran, right?—when was it that he ran off? Did you find a scent trail?

table by raze; images from wikipedia commons

<style>
.kedikopek {font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align: justify; margin:0 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8UkKL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; width:80%; min-width:500px; border-bottom:1px solid;}
.kedikopek .name {font-size:40px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:1px; color:#000; text-shadow:#000 0px 1px 3px; padding:10px;}
.kedikopek .name2 {font-size:35px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:1px; color:#fff; text-shadow:#000 0px 1px 3px; margin:-15px 0px 0px 115px;}
.kedikopek p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.kedikopek p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.kedikopek .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.kedikopek p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.kedikopek b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.kedikopek b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.kedikopek b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.kedikopek b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Got one assignment left, then 4 exams. First one's in nine days. crappost wasn't so crap. Smile Now my post is pure crap. / 280!

Nier looked up at the others voice, he shook his head, Nah, Bran will kick him every now and then but he'd never chase him off he knows how much Ciaran means to me. It's entirely my fault, a stupid drunken game that went a bit too far for Ciarans liking, it appears that he does not appreciate wolfy licks to the face. Nier chuckled at the memory and then looked guilty again.

The young Stormbringer jumped slightly as he felt something twine around his ankles, he looked down, cerulean orbs faling on the handsome white cat. A gentle smile playing at his lips, he longed to bend down and fuss the cat, but manners took over as the other wolf accepted his paw and shook it, he assumed that he was Levent and the friendly cat was Wilson. He gave Levent a broad smile, I appreciate it Levent. He looked down at Wilson, You too Wilson, it will certainly be helpful to have a feline mind on hand.

Nier ganced back over his shoulder, remembering the trail he'd been following before he'd heard Wilsons yowl. Yeah, I was following his trail when I heard Wilson, it's back here. It smells kinda old, but I know he wouldn't go too far, I've had him since he was three months old, so he's reliant on me. He turned and started towards the tree line, nearly tripping over Wilson in the process. He glanced down at the cat, Sorry Wilson. Shall we see if we can go find the trail again? I'm sure if we follow my path of destruction then we'll find where I started. He chuckled to himself and waited for Levent.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
LEVENT KARTAL
& wilson

Word Count → 336

Levent frowned faintly as the man described his brother’s attitude toward the cat, but the expression deepened and grew ashamed when he mentioned a drunken game. His mind flickered back to the night with Amy, a story and wine and thrown knives, ending in an entanglement on the camp floor. He remembered his friend’s scathing words and the morning after, where he’d dragged himself after the cat hung-over and apologetic. It wasn’t a memory he liked to dwell on, but it came alive in his pale eyes before he looked away.

Wilson also tensed, glancing to his lifelong companion, but otherwise his expression and body language gave nothing away. He flicked his tail dismissively at Niernan’s thanks and began to trot toward the trail the wolf indicated—only to have to dodge a foot landing near him. Pulling his long tail close to his body, he skipped out of the way and kept a safe distance from luperci paws.

Levent followed as well, moving carefully to avoid the rut the male had caused from slamming into the earth. He waited until the faint scent of cat came to him and started to follow that trail, trusting that closer-to-the-ground Wilson would keep them on track while they were in optime. Until the odor got stronger, however, he knew there would be some time before they found the kitten.

Until then, he made due with small talk, catching the handsome male in the corner of his eye. So, Niernan, where are you from? And where are you staying in Nova Scotia? The other smelled like other wolves, perhaps not thick and strong enough for a pack, but a family at least—if he was right. Could be he was just picking up on something faint, a brush of acquaintances rather than dwelling with a lot of others fall the time.

Meanwhile, Wilson opened his mouth to let the scent washed in and occasionally let out a ringing meow in hopes it might be answered by the other cat.

<style>
.kedikopek {font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align: justify; margin:0 25px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8UkKL.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; width:80%; min-width:500px; border-bottom:1px solid;}
.kedikopek .name {font-size:40px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:1px; color:#000; text-shadow:#000 0px 1px 3px; padding:10px;}
.kedikopek .name2 {font-size:35px; text-align:center; letter-spacing:1px; color:#fff; text-shadow:#000 0px 1px 3px; margin:-15px 0px 0px 115px;}
.kedikopek p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.kedikopek b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.05em;}
.kedikopek b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.kedikopek b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.kedikopek b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait! Muse went futtering away over the hills and the exams came crunching in like black thunder clouds. /583

The black and tan wolfs moment of guilt eclipsed his ability to sense others emotions, he completely missed the guilt and shame in Levents eyes, and the look that was shared between Levent and his cat companion. Yet he did notice Wilson skipping away from his large, clumsy foot-paws, and the way that Levent skirted around the long furrow in the ground which he had made with his face. He subconsciously raised his hand-paw and touched the side of his muzzle that was still smarting a little bit. He felt a leaf stuck under his jaw and pulled it out of his fur before turning to walk back along the tracj he had pointed to.

Wilson moved ahead of the two Luperci, his mouth hanging open in the typical cat way. Niernan knew, from Ciaran, that it was the cats way of improving their sense of smell. He'd tried it once and found that it worked, but it severely dried out his mouth, causing him to gag and wretch for minutes afterwards. Levents voice broke through his memory, asking him where he came from and where he was living. The mans voice was welcoming and friendly, enough so that Niernan did not feel uncomfortable talking to the man about things he would never divulge to others. He looked up and over to Levent, his cyan eyes fixing on the mans brown face but the pristine white cat still visibe in the corner of his eye and his nose busily working to try and catch a fresh scent trail. Me ma is from Ireland. Her and her brother, my uncle Emeris, came over here a few years ago. She met me dad and he took her back to the Solbjorg. That's where me and me brother and sister were born. He grinned, displaying all of the Irish charm he had on hand, most of the time he didn't even notice that he did it, his rogueish nature just shone through.

He looked down at the floor as he stumbled slightly over a root. He caught himself and chuckled nervously, he found himself not wanting to make a fool of himself in front of Levent, anymore than he already had anyway. His cerulean orbs flicked back up to scout out Wilsons whereabouts, always conscious of where cats were in relation to foot-paws, and even more so now that they were looking for his own precious companion. He smiled happily to himself as he thought on where he was living now, completely content with the way things were going. Me and m'brother are still kinda new to Nova Scotia, but we found one of our cousins, Saul, almost as soon as we got here. He's taken us in, we're currently living in Camp Stormbringer beside one of the littler Moonstone lakes. There's a few of us, it feels like home. He wagged his tail as he spoke of the Stormbringer camp. He had come to realise that he did feel at home at the camp, but he didn't think it was the location but the people that he was living with that made it homey.

He gave Levent a self-conscious smile, Ah, sorry. I know I go on a bit. How about you? Where do you and Wilson come from? I couldn't help but notice the accent you speak with. His ears pricked up as he finished his question, a meow ringing through the woods, but then he realised that it was one of Wilsons rallying calls.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
LEVENT KARTAL
& wilson

Word Count → 447 :: No problem! <3

Unlike others, who hesitated at the mere mention of personal stories, Niernan seemed to have no problem answering the curious merchant’s question. He told of his mother’s homeland first, and Levent returned his grin; Ireland sounded right considering his way of speaking.

The other’s stumble only made him grin broader, but it wasn’t mocking or cruel in any stretch of the word. It was almost endearing how much this wolf was tripping all over the place, even though someone else might have seen the clumsiness as a weakness and an excuse to taunt with biting words. But, despite believing heavily in the powers of manipulation and taking advantage of weakness, Levent Kartal would never bully. It was something that hit far too close to home, beyond the fact that it often hurt productivity.

Wondering idly about what he’d do if the man did a face-plant again (which didn’t seem likely considering the caution with which he now walked), he listened to the explanation about the little group they lived in. Family—something that Lev never had much of, although what he had was always fine with him. Sounds nice, he said, and while it was the words of someone boredly giving their input, he was genuine enough. He couldn’t imagine being welcome there, if the family name meant anything.

He shook his head to dismiss the other’s apology and answered as promptly as the darker man did. I come from Türkiye, or Turkey. Technically I wasn’t born there, but I lived enough of my life knocking around the streets to consider it home. He had spent plenty of time waiting for his father in Istanbul, whenever Süleiman went off on his journeys. My father was from there, and my mother was from London, where I met Wilson. He shot a glance at the tom, who smothered an involuntary purr and trotted ahead to scout away from the distraction of conversation.

I’m new to Nova Scotia, too, Levent finished, lifting a shoulder in a shrug. I was a traveling merchant in Europe and Asia, until I heard about North America and decided to see if I could find something worthwhile in this place. He smiled somewhat ruefully, thinking of the ocean he would never cross again. He’d have to find something, or this whole journey would have meant nothing, leaving him away from the lands he knew—and leaving him to die, whether it came in a year or seven.

There was a meow from up ahead, and Levent’s ears shot up. The tomcat padded briskly back to the luperci, flicking his tail. I smell something here, and there’s some brown fur caught on one of the brambles.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
another crappost! / 247

Niernan listened to Levents voice telling him of the foreign country he called home, it sounded as if the foreign wolf had had a wild and hard life back in his homeand. Niers ears pricked up and his eyes flashed to Levent as he mentioned London. The young Stormbringer had heard tales of the English capital from his mother and his uncle, they said it was a very interesting place. He didn't miss Wilson's purr of pride, and smiled at the cat.

Nier nodded, he knew what Levent meant about finding something worthwhile as that was what he and his brother had set out to find. They had now found a home and Nier thought that that was definitely worthwhile. He believed that he had found enough to keep him in Nova Scotia for a while yet. I know what ya mean about finding something worthwhile, my friend. For me it didn't need to be tangible. I've found home and for me and Bran that's enough. He smiled broadly, but the smile slipped slightly as Wilson reappeared and mewled a message to the Luperci men.

The usually clumsy black and tan male shot forward, Where? His voice was desperate and filled with need. He leant down to the ground and inhaled deeply, catching the musty cat smell that was Ciarans. He smiled slightly as he caught the familiar scent. He turned to the white tomcat, Can you tell where he went? He asked, clearly willing to follow Wilsons direction.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
LEVENT KARTAL
& wilson

Word Count → 251 :: This sucks but I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer. >__<

Levent smiled thinly as the other spoke of understanding. If it was as simple as finding a home, he was sure he could have settled down somewhere in the world. With Agape, for example; he could have had a whole life with her if not for a bottle of booze and the dream of Dionysus’ lover.

No, you don’t know what I mean, he thought as he returned the other’s nod and looked glad for the brothers finding their family. For me to have a home, a life, first I need to find a way to never die…

The thought trailed away, and he fixed his eyes on the path ahead of them. He sounded like a madman in his own head, and he could only imagine what Niernan would think if he could read his mind. As much as he scorned the would-be evil fanatics and demons, he was just like them when the hunger came. He’d give anything for what he sought.

The desperation in the dark male’s voice tugged at Levent’s heartstrings, and he remembered the hungover morning he’d spent dragging himself in search of his own feline companion. Wilson noted it too, as well as his friend’s brief glance, and flicked his tail at Niernan.

This way—not far, he replied, and spun around. He darted off in the direction of the smell and meowed the other feline’s name again, as Levent waited to follow Niernan. He thought he heard an answering mew, but he wasn’t sure.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Apologies for the wait. I have no internet at the moment, this is written from the wonderful environment that is McDonalds. We can finish this up with your post if you want. Thanks for threading with me Big Grin / 438

In his excitement at Wilsons discovery he didn't notice the fact that Levents face had fallen and it wasn't likely that he would notice now that they were so close to finding Ciaran. He stood abruptly, swearing he heard one of Ciarans pitiful mews. He glanced down at Wilson, Lead the way Wilson. I trust you. He gave the white cat a smile, following the feline with measured steps, careful not to tread on him in his haste.

Wilsons clipped, British voice came again, calling out Ciarans name as they dashed through the underbrush. It wasn't long before they came to the foot of a tall tree, sparse branches poking from the lower levels of the bole, thicker, sturdier branches spreading higher up. Wilson had stopped and Niernan looked up, spotting the cat shaped patch of shadows curled up against the bloe of the tree. Ciaran was nestled into the crook of one of the thick branches, his tail hanging down from the limb, kind of like a bell pull. Normally this image would have made Niernan laugh but as it was he could only let a tiny whimper of joy escape him. He muffled the noise swiftly, not wanting to put across a more ridiculous image to his new Turkish companion.

Ciaran! He called. The cat looked down, fixing his wide, green-grey eyes on his wolf companion. Those eyes that usually looked at him filled with affection now showed only wariness and that hurt Niernan deeply. Ciaran, I'm sorry for everything I did. I shouldn't have used you that way. Please come back. He pleaded, his voice in danger of breaking, along with his heart if the cat refused to return to camp with him. Ciarans gaze disappeared for a moment, reappearing with relief shining in the orbs. He nodded once, "I forgive you." He mewled in his Irish tinted High Speech. Niernan smiled then, all of his relief and happiness filtering into that expression. Come on down then. He said, unable to wait to feel the cats comfprtable weight around his shoulders again. Ciaran raised himself to his paws, "You'll have to catch me, I can't scramble down." Nier nodded and the large kitten launched himself at his friend, landing safely against the broad, dark furred chest. Nier wrapped the cat in his arms, holding him as close as he could get.

He turned and beamed a grin at Levent and Wilson. Thank you so much for helping me to find him. Wilson, I don't know what I would have done without you. He knelt to the white tomcats level and offered the cat a scratch behind the ears.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]