[j] sanat arayanlar
[html]

Preferred Rank: Venditore

Currently Played Characters: Vesper and Skoll Haskel. Andre Fontaine to be dropped soon (?)
[/html]
[html]

I was going to wait until another thread was done to join, but ehhh can't wait. xD Assuming that Hotaru told him more about the pack, and what she didn't say he heard from others.

Levent and Wilson are by me!

Levent smiled as he stood watching: the leaves shifting with the wind, dappled shadows playing against carvings and painted spirals and stars, bangles jangling on one branch and a chime hanging off another. It was so full of beauty, but there was a great story behind it as well—and the man liked a good story, as ventose as he could be. But he understood the purpose of this one and saw the great tree of Cercatori d’Arte as the magnificent symbol it should be. The pack had certainly known that they were doing when the first painted paw touched the old bark.

As he stood there idly, his blue eyes roaming over the green-leafed organism, the white tomcat paced at his paws. Whereas the luperci was tranquil, Wilson was far from it; he couldn’t stop moving, sometimes opening his mouth as to speak before shutting it, until at last he found the courage.

Are you sure? Wilson asked finally, taking a seat and curling his tail over his small paws.

The dark-haired man smiled faintly and crouched to scratch his friend behind the ears. Ben yeterince eminim, he answered, and stood up straight again to regard the tree one last time. He adjusted his shirt and shorts, making sure he looked presentable, and twisted his necklaces so the shell pendant and the silver one would be visible.

Doing the same with his other various decorations—including three rings, gold, onyx, and turquoise—he decided that he was as flashy as he’d ever be. The rest would be up to him, with a flamboyant smile and as much schmoozing as possible. Or whatever was needed to gain entrance with the pack; he had no desire to manipulate them, so it might be best to play it genuinely. As long as he found favor with someone, he would be okay, and so he decided he was ready.

Levent Kartal breathed in the rich spring air and howled.

<style>
.levDraw {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.levDraw p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.levDraw p.image {text-align:center; float:left; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.levDraw .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.levDraw .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.levDraw b {letter-spacing:1px;}
.levDraw b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDraw b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDraw b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.levDraw u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hotaru moved through her house to her the room that she specially laid out for drying wood. There, many logs, sticks, and stumps resided and were in the process of drying for her use. Over the past several months she had meticulously collected any piece of wood that she thought might be of use to her in the future. When she wasn't hunting or going on misadventures, she was working on her craft or scouring the woods. It was hard work, but she loved it all the same. Her efforts had paid off. Some pieces were almost ready for use, while others still had a while to go before she could begin working on them

As the blind female wandered around her wood room, she ran her hands over the raw pieces and thought about what they would become. She could make bows, beautiful chairs, sculptures from pure imagination, useful tools, and several other things. A smile painted her face as she moved and the flutter of wings made her feel comfortable. Fawkes had just returned from hunting and was in the process of feeding the gyrfalcon chick. For one reason or another, Kelia practically worshiped Fawkes while she disliked Hotaru. Although the chick had gotten better, there was still a strange disconnect between bird and wolf.

A familiar howl rang through Thornbury and Hotaru's ears flicked back to listen. Her heart skipped a beat as she recognized Levent's voice. The male had been so kind to her despite her short temper and she had grown accustomed to his strange ways. Grabbing her staff, the grey female quickly made her way to the boarders along familiar trails. She tried to adorn her usual polite mask, but a tiny smile broke through and turned the corners of her lips up. Before long, Hotaru reached the boarder tree where Levent's scent was strongest. Teasingly she said, "Welcome stranger to Cercatori d'Arte. If I may ask, what business do you have with pack?"

<style>
.hotarugift1 b {color:#7C8082;}
.hotarugift1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.hotarugift1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:10px 0px 170px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QCeyc.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#E6ECF3; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Big Grin hooray

The cream-colored female was already, coincidentally, making her way to the borders when she heard the howl. It seemed that patrolling was making itself useful once again, she thought, as she ambled towards where the howl was. It also seemed that their trading expedition perhaps raised awareness of Cercatori d'Arte, a fact of which she was glad - the gypsy pack could use extra hands, perhaps in trading with Freetown, an idea she had been toying with for a while.

She began to scent the visitor before seeing him, and found that he smelled slightly of cornfields and horses - AniWaya. She also smelled a member of her own, a familiar scent - Hotaru. She smiled, happy that the blind female was beginning to be more social in Cercatori d'Arte - beginning to perhaps feel like she was home. She remembered when she joined the pack - she had been a bit unsure, a bit antisocial, still upset at her abandonment. Skye smiled then, at the thought of her pack bringing someone a needed home - something that would, perhaps, happen today.

She arrived at the scene just as Hotaru finished her sentence, which she caught at the last second. She smiled warmly at Hotaru, dipping her head silently in greeting, and then turned to inspect the stranger. Hotaru's tone towards him had seemed teasing, and judging from his appearance, it seemed like he would take to it well. The male's appearance reminded her of Bangle for a moment - flashy, colorful, and happy, as hinted by a Cheshire grin. Skye herself smiled at the man and spoke briefly;

"Yes, what business do you have, sir?" she asked light-heartedly, taking on the atmosphere of the situation in a joking manner.

<style>
.uberduper1 b {color:#FEF3FA;}
.uberduper1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.uberduper1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:10pt; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; background-color:#C1595B; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.superduperbord {width:452px; border:1px solid #000; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

I'm glad I hit preview before I posted; Sunny replied just as I was finished writing. x3 So apologies if any of this didn't get edited well enough and if it's choppy and whatnot!

He did not have to wait horribly long for one of the d'Artisans to show up, but whereas he had expected a stranger to come and scrutinize him, a familiar form appeared instead, tapping her way toward the borders. His smile grew broad, though he put on a serious face when the tomcat glanced snidely at him. He didn't want the feline to think that this was the only reason he was joining, though he had to admit the draw of pleasant company was just as strong as the fact that this trading pack fit him as an individual.

Hotaru greeted him, and his brows lifted before he caught sight of another -- a creamy wolf with a necklace of turquoise and bangles around her wrists. She sounded joking, but he wasn't so blind to the etiquette of wolves to ignore little bits of her posture and scent that marked her as dominant. He inclined his head to her before she repeated the question, and then he grinned.

He took a deep, sweeping bow, even if it was a gesture that would be lost to Hotaru. Why, he said, and stood straight again, his voice coming from normal level now, I heard tales of wolves of otherworldly beauty who lived here, and I wanted to investigate. His words were about as cheesy as they came, but there was laughter in this tone that suggested even he didn't take himself seriously. His blue eyes flicked to Hotaru for just a moment too long after his statement, however, indicating that he thought he'd already found one such wolf.

Wilson looked like he wanted to cough up a hairball. This radge pot got it in his skull that he wants to join the pack, he meowed, more to the point, and Levent smiled.

<style>
.levDraw {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.levDraw p.image {text-align:center; float:left; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.levDraw .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.levDraw b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDraw b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

The grey female's joking mood immediately subsided when Skye approached the boarder. She nodded to Skye and took her place behind the female. Hotaru respected Skye more than any other and would follow her lead. "Good day, Skye." Hotaru, who normally moved in a confident and slightly dominant manner, changed into her more submissive stance for the pack leader. Although she still retained her confidence, her dominance was gone. Even though Hotaru hid her joking and playful mood, it was still a prominent force and showed in her ears which were back, but relaxed. The Capitana, who had picked up on Hotaru's joking manner, spoke to the male with good humor.

One ear flicked forward as the blind female listened to Levent's shift in position. However, the male didn't approach so she ignored his movement. As usual, the male began to speak in his extraordinarily cheesy manner and spoke of beauties beyond what the world could produce. Hotaru snorted softly and her tail swished to the side. In her mind, it was an over the top compliment for Skye. Even so, one side of her lip turned up into an amused smirk while her eyes shone with laughter.

Her smile dropped as surprise took over when Wilson announced Levent's desire to join Cercatori d'Arte. Hotaru went to say something but stayed quiet as she remembered that it was Skye who would have to make a decision on the matter. Instead, Hotaru stood and waited for the alpha to comment.

<style>
.hotarugift1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.hotarugift1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:10px 0px 170px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QCeyc.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#E6ECF3; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

She raised an eyebrow in jest as the mysterious stranger told why he was at her borders. Yes, he was certainly like Bangle, all right, and quite the jester as well; 'otherworldy beauty', hm? She smiled at the compliment but was not overly swooned by it - this man may be a joker and a friend of Hotaru, but he was still a stranger on her borders, and she was not done being suspicious of him yet.

The white cat's words startled her; she had only met one talking cat before, who was black and lived in the library, and he did not say anything like this. She looked from the cat to the man, pondering for a moment, her face morphing into a slight smile, as if she were deciding if he was worthy of being in Cercatori d'Arte or not. Finally, she smiled wider - from his jewelry to his cat to his charisma, everything about him seemed to say that he would make an excellent trader and diplomat.

"I am Skye Collins, the leader of this pack," she said. "And this is Hotaru, which I think you know - but before I admit you into the pack, I must ask - what is your name? And what can you contribute to d'Arte?" she asked. She already had an idea of what he could contribute, but she wanted to hear it from him first. She relaxed her stance slightly and moved so that she was next to Hotaru - if Hotaru wanted to speak, her body language said, then she was free to do so at this time.

<style>
.uberduper1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.uberduper1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:10pt; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; background-color:#C1595B; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.superduperbord {width:452px; border:1px solid #000; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

He noticed that Hotaru was more subdued and submissive when she realized her leader was there, and while disappointed, he understood. There would be plenty of time for banter later if he was accepted, and he would take full advantage of it. At least she wasn’t pretending not to know or like him; she smirked at his honeyed compliment then fell silent and surprised when Wilson announced his intention to join the pack.

Levent was still a bit surprised that the tom had spoken to strangers before at all; he was wary twofold around luperci he didn’t know, mostly for his own sake but also for his canine friend’s. It seemed like the fact he wanted to join a pack was bothering the cat, even though he’d been pushing for Lev to actually get off his butt and find somewhere safe to stay. Maybe he was nervous about being around so many new luperci.

The leader introduced herself as Skye, and asked him for his name and his contributions to the pack. It was an easy enough question, and he adopted a more serious demeanor although his tone was as colorful as ever.

My name is Levent Kartal, and this is Wilson, the Turkish man said, gesturing to the now-silent cat. My father was a merchant in Eurasia, and I followed in his footsteps when I was of age; I can haggle just as well as anyone. He shifted the satchel on his shoulder. These are my current wares, though I’d have more if I had a place to keep them all.

Glancing sideways at the cat again, he added, I’m fluent in a few dialects of low speech, too, so I can assist whoever’s in charge of the animals if they’re having trouble with horses, cats, or birds. His tail wagged behind him as he finished his array of skills, having hit on the two key points he could think of. While he had a feeling that being a trader would cement his spot in the trading pack, he hoped that being able to do more than that would make him stand out a bit more in the leader’s eyes.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Feel free to skip me

For the most part, Hotaru waited and listened to the interaction between Skye and Levent. The light atmosphere continued for the most part, although it was far more serious than before. Joining a pack was no simple matter and as such, was not to be taken lightly. Hotaru thought carefully about whether it would be wise to speak and what words she would use if she decided to do so. Although the blind female had met Levent a few times, she knew little about him. Even so, her desire to vouch for him was strong. He had been kind to her both times that they had met and their previous meeting was rather pleasant. Although Hotaru wasn't particularly fond of his cat, she didn't dislike the feline either.

Levent spoke of his qualities and Hotaru hid her surprise and interest perfectly behind a mask of indifference. She was learning so many things about him and all the while he became more fascinating as an individual. At last, the grey female felt that she should input her opinion. It was a risk and he was only the second character that she had vouched for, but Hotaru felt that she still owed him for their first encounter. Besides, she had grown somewhat fond of the quirky male. "If I may Capitana, I would like to vouch for his character. When we first met he helped me out of a bind that I had foolishly gotten myself into and asked for nothing in return. I have met Levent on a couple of occasions and I find that his character is steady and true." With her piece said, the blind female grew quiet again.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Her suspicions were proven to be true when the male told her of his skills in bargaining and mercantilism - she believed him, too, as his bag of wares, although not as extensive as some in d'Arte, was nothing to scoff at. She was not above the art of bargaining and even swindling, and was glad to see that yet another merchant was here to stay.

The news of taking care of livestock was also good news to Skye - since Orin left, she and others in the pack have bore the weight of taking care of the animals in the stables with no one person left to do the job. It would be a relief to have someone take care of the animals - Skye herself did, but she had other matters to tend to as well, and it was difficult to take care of so many animals that the artisan pack had accumulated over the many months.

She listened as Hotaru vouched for the man - a jovial demeanor was also welcome in the pack as well. She smiled at both Levent and Hotaru, and then turned to Levent, stepping back as to allow him into the territory.

"Your skills will be valued here," she said happily. "Welcome, Levent, to Cercatori d'Arte." Her pack was growing by the day, and that was a change she would welcome with open arms.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

[/html]