Family Ties
[html]

Hadley and Ismeme post first than anyone is welcome to join in. All pack members are assumed present Smile Pre dated to June1st.

It had only been a short while ago that he had found out the good news himself and as he left his room, fur cloak fluttering behind him, his thoughts remained on happy couple. It had not been a real surprise that Hadley and Ismeme would request to be officially announced as a mated pair but the Alpha could not help but reminisce over the duo, particularly the brown hued ex-slave that had come into the Cavalieri Fort so shy and hesitant. Hadley had grown so much in such a short time and it brought joy to Jazper that he might lead a normal life yet. But what brought the Alpha the most joy about the union was the pending arrival of their pups. Ismeme stomach had been starting to show off it’s growth and her scent had clearly changed, the signs of new life to be. If there was one thing that brightened Jazper’s day immensely it was talking to a pup. They were so small and said the oddest things.

But today was not about the pups in Ismeme’s belly, it was about the union of two wolves. Calling for the pack to gather the Knight to his ritualistic place in the Great Hall. Slowly they all arrived and he motioned for the couple to join him at the front of the crowd. As the pair made their way to the front he gave a wink to Hadley, an attempt to reassure the panicky male as he was positive he had to be nervous. “Good evening everyone.” His Scottish accent echoed in the long room, “Today we gather to witness these two wolves make a life time promise to one another. They have each prepared a few words on this joyful occasion.” His sharp golden eyes looked from Ismeme to Hadley and back, “By making these promises before your pack mates you will start your journey together, as mates.” Motioning with his hand he signaled for them to begin.

<style type="text/css">
.Jaz001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3165d3; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Jaz001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; text-align:right;}
.Jaz001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Jaz001 {margin:0 auto; width:359px; background-color:#01040d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... jaz001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9a9ea1; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ooc.

Word Count:

Nervousness ran rampant through Hadley. He couldn't believe he was actually going through with this. It seemed that it was only a short time ago that he'd come up with the idea. In fact, it was a short time since he had. He wasn't ready! He still had so much to do, to get ready, to prepare! If he didn't go now though, Hadley doubted that he would ever be courageous enough to face her. So he sat in the room, grooming through his fur like crazy, trying to look nice. What would Sebastian think of this? He hadn't told him what he was doing. Perhaps he should have. He owed his life to him after all.

Was he running late? He was, wasn't he? On the verge of a break down Hadley grabbed a bottle of scotch. It wasn't long before it was empty, the now tipsy male moving his way towards the hall. He needed the courage the bottle could give him, boosting him to do things he normally wouldn't. Luckily his tolerance for the drink was fairly high, not even giving a sway to his step as he reached the front. Looking over to Isa, beautiful graceful Isa, Hadley wished he'd taken another drink. He was going to be a father! What did he think he was doing with this? It wouldn't fix anything. It couldn't heal what he had hurt.

Jazper was already talking. Desperate he glanced over, wondering how they had gotten to this point so quickly. Told to say a few words to complete the bond he looked over to Isa. Everyone's eyes were on him. If canines could sweat he would have been, ears flat against his head. A life time of this? Hadley was going to be sick. Still, he had to try. For Isa, he had to act the part. I-Isa, since we met...you're really incredible...a-and...I will do everything I can to be a good mate. Finished, his gaze fell to the ground. That was terrible! Couldn't he come up with anything better?

<style type="text/css">
.waterbeads-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.waterbeads b {font-weight:bold; color:#a48da4; letter-spacing:1px}
.waterbeads p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.waterbeads {margin:0 auto; background-color:#a3676b; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/qxtjcp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c89eaa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #50333a; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC here! WC: 577

It had seemed like she had only met Hadley yesterday and perhaps it really had been such a short amount of time. Isa had fallen in love with the hybrid rather quickly, perhaps a little too quickly. He was her first love after all, perhaps she should have spent more time getting to know him better first before a relationship started. It would have been rather difficult though since she was in heat when they were getting close. Time didn’t really matter though, she was carrying his pups and in just a short while, she would become his mate. She felt so many emotions building inside of her that morning as she groomed her fur to prepare for the ceremony. Isa felt excited, nervous, even a little scared. Perhaps Hadley would change his mind at the last minute, decide he didn’t want her. Scared that their future pups wouldn’t like her, that she wouldn’t be a good enough mother. It was all so new to her; she had no idea what to do. She would just have to take it all one-step at a time, starting with the mateship ceremony.

Isa made sure to look her best, grooming her fur until she was finally satisfied. Isa heard Jazper’s call and made her way to the Great Hall, standing next to Hadley as the others gathered. She stepped forward when her Sole called the pair to the front. A large smile spread across Isa’s face as Jazper spoke, telling them to give the words they had prepared. She turned to face Hadley so he could go first, picking up the slight smell of alcohol on his breath. He had been drinking before the ceremony? Why? Did he need to drink to build up the courage to actually go through with it? No. If he didn’t want her to be his mate he never had to ask. He was probably just nervous like she was. Listening to what he had to say only made her believe he was just nervous. The way he spoke, only making it obvious just how nervous he was. Isa took his hand in his, stroking the top of his hand with her thumb, hoping to help calm him down a bit. She gave her love a sweet smile before she spoke. Hadley, in your arms, I have found my home. In your heart, I have found my love. In your soul, I have found my match. You are my inspiration and my best friend. You let me sing my own song. I promise you my life as a loving and faithful mate. I promise to be your partner from now and always. I promise to always be honest and express what I feel. Whatever comes our way, we will see it through. Today I give you my hand to hold, and my love for you to keep always. She had spent quite a bit of time, figuring out what she wanted to say, and she hoped Hadley would like it. Hadley was her world, he was the one who held her heart, and now he would be her mate. Perhaps she said a little too much. Hadley kept it short and simple, maybe she should have too. It was too late to take it back now though. Isa said what she had prepared. Another large smile spread across her face as she met his eyes before looking back to Jazper so he could continue.

<style>
.isalove .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.isalove p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.isalove b {color:#1D274B; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.isalove {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... love-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:330px 0px 10px 0px; border:2px solid #ffffff; border-radius:20px; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#BE6C96; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.isalove .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #1D274B; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Alyssum has too many feels. |: <3

Word Count → 529

When she heard the call, she had been dozing in the lower halls of the Courthouse in her bed, taking that afternoon to relax. She had decided to hunt that night, to see if she could catch any creatures that woke only to the moon, and needed to rest if she was going to stay up all night. She had slept most of the morning, but her inner clock woke her up around noon, and she was attempting to go back to sleep.

But, Jazper’s howl surprised her and made her fall out of bed in shock, which made the magpie that was roosting nearby jump as well as laugh his feathers off. Alyssum grumbled at the bird to put a mouse in his beak, and went crazy around her room to smooth herself over and to appear at least presentable.

The woman pulled her usual outfit over her head, and combed her fingers in her hair as she walked up the stars that led to the Grand Hall to join the rest of the pack to the gathering.
It was not long before everyone was there, and the Knight declared what he had called them there for. The de Fonte was at first attentive to a degree; while she listened, she did not seem all too interested as she leaned against a pillar and kept herself from yawning. But, when he spoke of union of two canines, she rubbed her eyes with a back of her eye and looked over closely to whom he motioned to the front.

She recognized one of the canines, and grinned at the sight of Hadley with what appeared to be the woman he was joining with. Alyssum did not think of the nervous male to be one to settle down, much less one to have a girl, but here she was, and had to smile even bigger at the sight.

As usual, he seemed timid, though he seemed a bit off, but she dismissed it as mateship jitters and watched him as he spoke his vows, anxious to hear what he would have to say. It was… shorter that what she had first expected. But, she found that his speaking at all was courageous for him, and wanted to pat him on the back, yet all she could do was give him an encouraging glance.

The woman, Isa, comforted the man, and Alyssum thought in the back of her mind that she must really love Hadley if she could put up with his nervous nature; she herself had barely enough patience for it. As the woman spoke, the coywolf found her listening closely to every word, and if she could tear up, she would have done so in joy. No matter how many times she would claim that she was a mature, hardened warrior, it seemed that there was a chink in her armor, and was soon swayed by Ismeme’s loving speech, and was now impatient for the Sole to complete the ceremony.

It was as if she was rushing the end of a good story, for things to come to a complete circle and to sigh at the characters’ happy ending.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Watching the couple he waited for the words to be spoken. In Crimson Dreams there had not been formal ceremonies but he had heard that other packs did and read in books about the human tradition of engagement and weddings. Although he did not think they would ever go as far as to do a long and detailed ceremony he though it was nice to acknowledge the bond and promise of one canine to another in front of others. It solidified the bond and allowed the mateship to be known to all, allowing for no misunderstandings within the pack as to who belonged to whom.

His ears twitched as Hadley began to speak and the Knight had to remind himself that the brown hued male had made great advancements in the past few months. He had learned basic fighting and taken on the role of father. Certainly he was just nervous about the crowd of pack mates watching him and Ismeme and it was clear he was disappointed in himself until sweet Ismeme began to speak. Her words were confidant and clear, more than making up for Hadley’s nerves. It was clear the pair loved each other.

Finally the two finished speaking and turned their heads to look at the large coal leader. In all honesty the Knight was unsure what to say next but proceeded nonetheless, “Your promise to one another has been heard by your pack. You have our best wishes that you will continue to share in your love for one another.” Pausing he placed a hand on each of the mate’s shoulders. “May you both live a long and happy life together.” His words were final, emphasizing his own wishes for the couple.

<style type="text/css">
.Jaz001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3165d3; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Jaz001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif;; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; text-align:right;}
.Jaz001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Jaz001 {margin:0 auto; width:359px; background-color:#01040d; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... jaz001.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9a9ea1; padding: 200px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Bookman Old Style, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a9ea1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Ooc.

Word Count:

Isa grasped his hand, a smile on her face. She wasn't mad at him for messing up and stumbling over his words. That was a relief. His tail wagged behind him, showing off how happy he was. His jaw dropped open as she spoke, tail tucking back between his legs. This could not be happening. Realizing what he was doing panic set in again. Isa really loved him. This was the worst possible choice he could have made. He'd end up hurting her! She'd figure out that he wasn't who she thought he was and hate him! She'd find someone else to love! He was going to disappoint her! Couldn't she see that, just by how he had spoken?

He needed a drink. Badly. Hadley would have willingly chopped off an arm at this point so that he could forget the utter humiliation of the clear fact that she deserved someone so much better than him. They were probably all wondering why she had chosen him. Probably thought that he'd tricked her or something. He had, in a way. Hadley knew she didn't want to raise the pups alone, and had offered to be there for her. If someone else had stood up, Hadley knew that she would be much happier. He wanted her to be happy. Had he just ruined her entire life?

He smiled at Jazper as the sole gave his blessing, announcing the mateship to be done. Hadley felt that it was a mistake, but the bright smile was enough to temporarily drown the feelings. Grabbing onto Isa he walked down, looking around at the crowd. Spotting Alyssum he smiled, glad that the confident female was there. She more than made up for his nerves with her attitude. Hadley was ready to hide under the bed again at this point.

<style type="text/css">
.waterbeads-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.waterbeads b {font-weight:bold; color:#a48da4; letter-spacing:1px}
.waterbeads p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.waterbeads {margin:0 auto; background-color:#a3676b; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/qxtjcp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#c89eaa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #50333a; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]