i was hoping that song would never be over
[html]

The dress she is wearing. :> Assuming that there is a slow dance part of the night, too. xD And don't mind Aly being girly for once, it will soon wear off. <3

Word Count → 328

Alyssum took another sip of the wine as the crowd began to disperse after the leaders’ speeches, and the music picked up in volume yet still held the gentle tone like any classic ball. Soon, she found herself as the odd man out, but she was perfectly fine with that; while she leaned against a wall, one hand still cradling the glass and the other crossed around her torso, she watched various wolves chat and listened to some of their conversations. But, she mostly watched the various couples dance and the outfits they wore, and thought how smartly and beautifully they were dressed. It was as if she was watching a fairy tale waltzing off of the page to dance before her eyes, and the sight alone made up for her lack of company.

She looked down at her down apparel to make sure it was still neat, and couldn’t help but feel like she should have made a fancier dress. It was plain to say at the least, dyed the rich purple that was one of Casa’s colors, but she liked it, though she wondered what others thought of her when they took a chance glance at her while talking or dancing. But, she did not allow herself to become self-conscious, and fixed a loose strand of her hair that had fallen out of place. As far as she was concern, she was formal enough, even if she wasn’t the flashiest one at the party.

As the ball dwindled on, she realized that the band was starting to play slower and softer, and thought that it must have been the slow dance part of the night. She smiled to herself, and watched as lovers and mates started to pair with each other, and could not help but feel immerse with them. Usually, she was not the romantic type, but she was still a woman at heart, and sighed as she watched the couples sway to the music.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Wiki Commons!

<style>
.alyalyssum-ballroom { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/llvwo.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#d7bd82; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; color:#574d35; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-ballroom b {color:#f8da95; }
.alyalyssum-ballroom b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-ballroom p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-ballroom p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-ballroom .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-ballroom .wordcount {color:#857551; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #857551; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

occ: picture of Jazzy's shoulder armor on his profile if you're curious. Still wearing cloak and gauntlets as well.

Word Count → 300+

The evening was going well! It seemed that the Artisans and Cavaliers made a good match, their humble values meshing together very well and the Sole was pleased that his pack members had taken to conversations with their guests, making them feel very welcome. As for himself, he had been chatting as well as dancing. At one point he had even been the lead of two very young ladies. There was nothing that made his heart soar higher than seeing a large smile on a canine not yet an adult. When it came to Adelle he had tried his best to be a positive role model, playing with her the odd time as a pup and helping her through her milestones. She had grown into a particularly fine young lady, the prime example of what he wished to accomplish with the mentor system.

But as he looked around he could not help but silently watch a small hybrid as she idly watched the dancing. Although she thought herself plain in her dress the Sole could not disagree more. He quite enjoyed Aly’s company and even though he did not know it he spent quite a lot of time thinking about her. Sipping from his glass of wine he decided his course of action. Straightening up to his full height and allowing his body to display his dominance in a showy way he made his way over to the coywolf with a charming smile. As he got close his heart began to panic and his once over confident body language returned to the docile pup that was inside of him. “Why must you stare at them? They’re nothing special.” He teased lightly with a wink. He did not understand the mind of a female, though he had been friends and lovers with many. He did not know how a female longed to be swept off her feet by a prince, though he had read the fairytales. However he was very good at charming a lady even when he did not mean to, a gift experience and age had granted him.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to pareeerica

<style>
.alyjazper-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3bqtI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#d2d4af; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; color:#f4f7c7; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyjazper-1 b {color:#8e9072; }
.alyjazper-1 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyjazper-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyjazper-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyjazper-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.alyjazper-1 .wordcount {color:#f4f7c7; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #f4f7c7; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc here

Word Count → 343

He was hard to miss, being as tall as he was, but she pretended that she did not see Jazper, not knowing if he was on his way to speak to the Artisans’ leader or some other canine and she did not want to disturb him. When she thought that, though, for some reason she felt a little disappointed; when she thought about it, she guessed she wanted to spend time with him though she was resigned to the fact he was a busy wolf. It was an odd feeling, but she did not have long to think it over. When he spoke to her, she smiled at first that he came over to her, but it turned a bit more mocking as his words finally reached her ears.

“Are you implying that there’s something better to watch?” she asked the male playfully, “Because, I wouldn’t mind some suggestions.” Alyssum was a bit taken aback when Jazper winked at her, but she managed to hide her meekness by glancing back towards the crowd to compose herself. “Anyways, this ball is just wonderful. You, Skye, everyone just outdone themselves, really. It’s a bit… fancy for my taste.” She looked over to the hired band to prove her point. “But, I guess it doesn’t hurt to dress up and waltz around.” While she enjoyed the dance more than she would let on, she wanted to keep a nonchalant view to it, to show that she was a tough canine even when she was wearing a dress. The de Fonte was a fighter for Casa at the end of the day, and did not want to seem weak in front of her leader.

She took another sip of her drink as her gaze went back to the dancing crowd, and could not help but be lost in it for another moment before turning back to the Sole. “I see you took the chance to dress up as well,” she stated, pointing at the gauntlets and pauldron he was adorning. “I never saw you wear those before.”

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Wiki Commons!

<style>
.alyalyssum-ballroom { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/llvwo.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#d7bd82; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 275px 0px; color:#574d35; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-ballroom b {color:#f8da95; }
.alyalyssum-ballroom b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-ballroom p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-ballroom p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-ballroom .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.alyalyssum-ballroom .wordcount {color:#857551; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #857551; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

occ: Corny Jazper is Corny.

Word Count → 400+

The coywolf would not know the effect she had on the large man but he quite enjoyed watching her from afar. Not to see what she was doing but to look at her features. His first lover as a teenager had been a jet black coyote named Garnet and although he quite enjoyed the bodies of wolves and dogs alike he had almost forgotten how the narrow muzzle brought out the eyes more, making for a more feminine face. Though he wasn’t aware of his own attraction to the features. As he moved closer to her and began to talk the Knight grew quite nervous and was not entirely sure why. In his nervousness he spoke out, giving the air of confidence, “You could always look at me.” Stupid. Immediately he regretted what he said and in an effort to not sound like a complete idiot added, “Or yourself.” Yep, he was officially an idiot. He was an alpha by blood and rank, a warrior who had fought bears and monsters but a silly girl made he babble like a moron.

Attempting to focus on her other words and to regain any self-pride he had let the Knight perked his ears up and smiled along. “It’s a little fun Aly. There is nothing wrong with throwing a party for your friends. If it makes you uncomfortable perhaps you need to learn to let loose a lil, huh?” His Scottish tongue teased her lightly, as he nudged her with an elbow gently. “I personally don’t mind dressing up. I enjoy looking my best, especially when it involves showing off gifts from my friends.” Motioning towards Isa across the room he added, “Isa brought them back from her trip to Freetown for me."

Although Jazper tried his best to be a strong leader and to portray an image of power to those outside of his pack, the Knight truly was a nice guy at heart. He had been the victim of misfortune growing up but had never looked back. Clearing he throat he reached out a giant hand, “Would you care to move our conversation to the dance floor?” It sounded cheesy and he knew it but you were meant to ask a lady to dance, not demand. And Fenris knew he wanted to get to know the coywolf a little better. Little did the warrior know that the divines had a plan for the two and it was already in progress.

<style>
.alyjazper-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3bqtI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#d2d4af; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; color:#f4f7c7; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyjazper-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyjazper-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.alyjazper-1 .wordcount {color:#f4f7c7; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #f4f7c7; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

(364)

Again, she was a bit surprised by the Sole's forwardness, and it was obvious by the way she nervously giggled, though it was clear that she was flattered. "I guess I will have to settle on looking at you, then. I'm nothing much to look at." She was usually move suave than she was at that moment, especially with a drink in her hand, but for whatever reason she was tripping over all the subtle things Jazper was doing. She told herself to stop it, and that they probably meant nothing. She shouldn't be charmed, she said. But, she continued to go along with it, anyway.

She furrowed her brows a little into a pout, and stated stubbornly though good-naturedly, "I let loose all the time... I'm the loosest person you can come by." She glanced at where the male pointed, and noticed that it was the pregnant woman who had recently mated to Hadley. "They're pretty fancy, I wonder what she traded them for... Whatever the case, she got herself a good deal with those." She sent a silent thought to the spirits to hope that the woman would have an easy birth and a good life, and went back to the present situation.

She wad caught off guard by his offered hand, and for a moment speechless. But, her lips curled into the tiniest of smiles, and curtsied, just to make it even cheesier. "I would be honored, my Alpha," she said in a pose tone, still a bit teasing, but she accepted his hand nonetheless.

Alyssum allowed him to lead her to the dance floor, and on the way there, she realized something important. "I hope you are as light on your feet as smartly you can dress, because... I don't know how to dance." She was never taught how to, and looking at the couples up close, she noticed that some were actually stepping around in some moves. She did not expect Jazper to know how, either, but it didn't hurt to ask before they tried to make fools of themselves together.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Word Count → 300+

Her giggles were contagious, causing his own laughter to burst forward. “Suit yourself then.” He teased lightly. The Knight was normally not so forward but he had already had enough wine to feel the warm and extra courage that came with alcohol and in all honesty he was happy. At her rebuttal Jazper simply nodded and rolled his eyes, “Yep. Biggest party girl I ever did meet.” He would have continued on, he knew Aly to have her fun in her own way, but her compliments on his leather armor caused him to beam. He had instantly fallen in love with the three-piece set and quickly adjusted his formal wear to show of the shoulder piece. He wasn’t sure if he would ever wear them into a fight as his pride in their beauty made him want to hide them away for special occasions but it was nice to show them off. “I never asked her actually. Thought it rude to question such a wonderful gift.”

Leading the coywolf onto the dance floor he chuckled lightly at her comment, “It’s very difficult for someone so large to hold any grace.” Placing both hands on her waist he lifted her onto his feet, wrapping one arm behind her for support before grasping her hand with his own. “Guess I’ll have to teach you.” He teased with a wink. While continuing to support her he began to shuffle his feet to the music, turning in a circular motion. “Once you get it you can go back on the floor, promise.”

Glancing over at Ismeme, who stood with Hadley, he wondered out loud, “I bet she can’t wait for the pups to arrive. I remember when my kids were pups like it was yesterday. It’s nice not to run after them all the time now but you miss their innocence and playfulness." Looking down at the girl he asked with a raised eyebrow, “Have you ever have pups or a mate in your past?” She was old enough to have had pups before and defiantly old enough to have had a romantic life before joining Casa but Alyssum’s past was a complete mystery to Jazper, whose history was the same as the packs

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]
(449) favorite post in this thread by far. c< <3

"'Tis not a celebration 'till I attend," she agreed jokingly back, her tone posh like once before. She took once last sip of wine, and the last drops of the rich liquid was consumed. For a moment, she considered getting another glass. But, she decided she needn't make a fool of herself, knowing that the lull that the drink caused could make her embarrass herself. Though strong minded, any smarts would fall into a stuttering stupor, and gods know she would regret the half-remembered memories. Placing down the glass on a nearby surface, she turned back to the man and nodded, adding, "It would be rude. But, nevertheless a wonderful item was obtained."

She laughed softly as she was brought to where the other dancers moved, finding his words amusing. "I am sure you are not that bad. Just pretend you're great at it," she whispered back with a smiled on her face, keeping her voice hushed enough as to not to disturb the others around them. Though her attempts were to be quiet, she could not help but let out a muted squeak as she lifted from the floor and placed on his paws. Sometimes, it still amazed her how strong the man was. The woman placed the hand that as not claimed on his forearm, too short to move it to the traditional position. But, she truly didn't mind. "Fair warning, it may take me a while to learn."

Despite what she said, though, she did try to pay attention to the movements, though things like Jazper's touch and the music easily distracted her. She looked away from the Sole's feet and to his face as he spoke, and listened curiously to his musings. She smiled softly as he spoke of his children, and thought about commenting about it. Yet, nothing came to mind at that moment, so she remained quiet as he continued.

His question surprised her, and she was lost for words. Easily, she could answer the pup part. But, the second item left her silent. The necklace that was long forgotten suddenly weighed heavily around her neck. What was the boy that gave her the pendant? Her first love, no doubt, but was he once more than that to her? Did he believe they were more than just close friends? She could not answer either without the confidence she usual held. Long moments had passed, and she was finaly able to reply. "None to speak of fondly, I'm afraid.

"What of you? Whom was the fortune woman to bear your puppies?" Her playful voice returned once again, and tried to block the anchor that rested against her chest by focusing on Jazper.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Word Count → 300+

Her softly whispered words made his ears perk up, wanting to catch every word. She was so much smaller than him, that it didn’t take any effort to balance her on top of his large padded paws. She was leaner than Ghita had been, the Italian wolfess had been made to take a hit and boy had she known how to put him in his place. Although Aly was perfectly capable handling herself but she carried herself differently than the Marino woman had. It intrigued him. Mimicking her lead in a hushed voice he reassured her, “You’ve got all the time in the world you need.” In truth it was nice to hold a female so close to him, but in innocence. It had been awhile since he danced with a single female without worrying about anything physical happening.

In the back of his mind it pleased him that Alyssum had yet to have a positive relationship with a male. "Too bad. I’m sure you’ll make some guy very happy some day." As an after thought he chuckled, "If not happy certainly fat." It was no secret that Aly had taken on the role of the main provider of the pack. She was always out hunting something and it wouldn’t surprise the Sole if he couldn’t name a prey she had yet to kill. Her question surprised him but he attempted to remain calm and cool as he led her around the dance floor. “Her name was Ghita Marino, the sister to my Alphess in Crimson Dreams. She came over from Italy hardly speaking a word of English and I made it my duty to teach her. Everything seemed perfect but after our second litter she became a bit distant. She permanently hurt her leg in an accident and grew angry, she hated to feel useless.” He smiled fondly at the memory of her yelling at Aro, waving her walking stick.

“Anyway long story short when I told her I wanted to make Casa to better protect my family and friends she called me a traitor and disloyal to her family. She kicked me out of the manor and once her sister got hold of the information Savina told me to decide what I wanted to do from the other side of the borders.” His brow was now frowned slightly. It was a painful day for him. The Marino’s had felt betrayed by him and he had felt betrayed by them. He had been a loyal friend and mate for years, was it so terrible that he wanted to be more. “Clearly I decided to go through with Casa, though sometimes I feel as though Tony blames me for the break up, and he wouldn’t be wrong exactly. I just wanted to do more with my life, do my family name and Fenris proud.”

“ My father always told me that if there was one thing worth doing in life it was making the world safe for those you love, and I believe that is exactly what I want to do.” Realizing he had rambled on and his grip on the girls hand had become firmer he relaxed his grip, “Sorry. It was all very complicated, but it’s been some time now and I wouldn’t change my decisions.” A smile crept back onto his face, “Besides, the past is meant to make us better people, no?”

<style>

</style>
[/html]