crowd surf off a cliff
Info is probably known, lulz. This is open for anyone, although I think Sie probably wants to molest this attack this. But don't let that stop you! Tongue Mephisto is in his Optime form here.
[html]

He had heard the stories about the skull-lined border, but it was entirely another thing to be standing in front of them. They were a little overwhelming at first, but not in a horrifying sense. Instead, he found himself fascinated. Skulls were nothing new to him; he had seen his fair share of them in sailing alone. Derelict ships had been riddled with them and their so-called treasures, but there had been the occasional body alongside of the worn roads that had led him there. His mother had been right to call this part of the world a savage place, but it wasn't enough to keep Mephisto from investigating it.

After all, his history spawned from this very soil.

His approach to those skull-lined borders had come from afar, and now that he was there he found himself filled with an exciting sort of anxiety. Sheer anticipation and awe, more than anything. While Nova Scotia was nothing like he had expected, it was still full of its own beauty. He could appreciate that and negotiate with the differences. But now that he was there, he found himself almost uncertain of what to do. He had never told his mother that he had intended to go there, though he believed she already knew. His father, on the other hand, hardly cared what his son did as long as he intended to follow it through. And Mephisto certainly did intend to follow it through.

So he did what came naturally to him; he howled.

[/html]
[html]

Ithiel is by me!

The borders were a familiar place for the dust-colored hybrid; though he might have spent his time training now, with this new rank, he enjoyed his scout's duties as well. There was time enough in the day for practice and sparring and scouting the borders, Ithiel thought. He was not a canine of impractical pursuits and hobbies -- virtually everything Ithiel did had purpose and practical use. Even wood-carving was something he did for purpose and not pleasure -- this was why he was incapable of making baubles. He wouldn't have known how to decorate them, and his creations would be functional rather than pretty.

The summoning howl caught his attention and the dusty hybrid paused, pulling Lystra to a stop. The big horse snorted and did so, pricking her own ears up at the sound. Ithiel turned her around and brought the horse to a slow trot, tilting his nose into the breeze so he might track the newcomer by scent. The call had faded and sound was only useful in as far as it provided a generalized location. Zedekiah was out of commission today -- the overcast day and thick fog made for poor visibility, and the dark-furred Duplicarius saw no point in sending him up to see nothing.

The dusky-furred hybrid slowed his horse as the stranger came into view, stopping her several feet away. Lystra glowered and laid her ears flat, but Ithiel did not fear her temper any longer. He stroked at her shoulders, crimson eyes appraising the newcomer. Do you have business with Inferni? he inquired, not impolitely, but not without an underlying edge of authority.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
Sorry I poofed on you last night dude. Got to talking to the manthing on xbox because I saw he was on and then I passed out. :C
[html]

Among the first sounds he heard were horse hooves. Mephisto found it surprising, but not so much when he thought about it. Even in the savage countryside, there were horses being put to use. Places like Freetown and other littered settlements had them; they were abundant overseas to begin with. Slowly through the fog, another set of shapes began to emerge beyond that sweeping line of pikes, and the pale Lykoi watched as he weaved calmly towards him.

And when his greeter queried him for reasoning, all Mephisto could think was this is it. His tall ears cupped forward to catch and hang carefully at every word he heard. This was real. All of it was real. “I do,” he said steadily, keeping his tone even. “My name is Mephisto Lykoi, and I have come here to join my kin.” He couldn't help but meet the dusky fellow's gaze, but it was brief and searching. He was curious to see how his introduction would go over, but also innately curious to put pictures and truth into long told stories.

[/html]
[html]

(329) HOW DARE YOU. I will throw Myrika in here next poast. :3

Ithiel is by Raze!

Strangely enough, Ithiel felt more at home with a distant cousin at the forefront of Inferni than he had with his half-brother there. Ithiel had no great love for his brother -- respect, of course, was a given, but the dust-furred hybrid had not loved Ezekiel, and he rather suspected the same was true for their former Aquila. Though he was not the sort to take advantage of his leadership in direct and intentional ways, his closeness with their new Aquila meant he had grown perhaps just a bit too comfortable with his rank and position within the clan.

Perhaps some others might have dismounted and flown toward the coyote upon learning they were of the same blood, but Ithiel was not that sort. No smile graced his dark-furred muzzle; he merely nodded, looking over the man with a hint more interest than he had a moment ago. You have the right eyes, he said, finally, and nodded. I am Ithiel de le Poer. It would be safe to assume we are cousins, he informed the man. Be prepared to meet more of those than most Luperci can count. This was the closest to jesting Ithiel came: upon first arriving in Inferni, the dark-furred hybrid had been overwhelmed with the number of emergent cousins; dark, dry humor was his preferred flavor, however rare it was.

I can't allow you to stay; it's not my place. I will call for the leader -- another cousin. He tilted his muzzle to the skies and called for Myrika without waiting a moment longer. The howl was distinctively coyote, but perhaps just slightly too deep and too long, giving hint to his wolf's blood. Dawdling on the borders was not something typical of the Duplicarius -- he preferred to end these meetings as quickly as possible and return to his duties. She won't be long, he said when he'd ended his call. What do you do?

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
Sorry about the wait. Working nine hours a day in and out of 100+ degree heat sucks. I had vertigo almost 2/3rds of the day yesterday. x___x;

[html]

From the moment he mentioned that he was a Lykoi, the way he was being observed changed. Mephisto felt his skin prickle uncomfortably, not entirely sure how to take to being so scrutinized. But it was minor in comparison to what he was likely to face, knowing that he was eventually, if not likely to face additional pairs of eyes in time. Even here, in this unfamiliar continent, he had already come across wandering eyes. But the scrutiny wasn't without approval, and so the uncomfortable sensation went away just as it had come. He couldn't help but crack a small smile at the tidbit Ithiel shared with him — Mephisto had been told that there were many related to him lingering behind the pike borders.

But then the real time was beginning to tick down as soon as a howl had been pitched to someone in authority. Another cousin, but there was budding anxiety (and yet, excitement again) lingering deep in his veins. So he opted for something he could do other than waiting, and that was answering the question that had been presented to him. “I can do a little of everything, I suppose,” he said with a haphazard shrug. “I've spent the better part of a year as a set of hands on a trade ship though. I don't know if that would be useful, but I'm a decent learner, and willing to pick up whatever needs to be done.” While he was being modest, it was also honest truth. Mephisto knew how to survive, but he really knew how to sail. Everything else had been secondary to that.

[/html]
[html]

(393) omg be quiet I am enjoying you and your Lykoi. also masturbating with my characters brb

Ithiel is by me!

An expression of mild interest passed over Ithiel's face as the coyote spoke of ships. He had never seen the ocean prior to coming here: it was a sight he still found strange and disquieting. A creature bred in the driest innards of the country, Ithiel had never seen quite so much water, and to learn that it was undrinkable and quite dangerous -- well, there was a reason he wasn't seen too frequently about Hades' Beach. The dark-furred hybrid nodded his understanding but said nothing on the matter, for the sound of hoofbeats heralded Myrika's arrival. To his knowledge, Vesper did not own a horse or even know how to ride, so it was a safe assumption it was their Aquila.

The dusky-furred hybrid might have inquired where this one was descended from, but Ithiel would not know the names quite so well as Myrika anyway. He shuffled backwards on his horse -- involuntarily, as it happened, for Lystra was in the process of greeting Myrika -- and frowned at the big mare's eagerness. The redhead smiled to her cousin and nodded to the newcomer, turquoise eyes appraising him all the while. Hello, she said, glancing toward Ithiel. I'm Myrika. There was friendliness in her posture, comfort and ease within the saddle, but the dusky hybrid hadn't liked her quiet voice: confidence was needed just now. He dared not say so, of course, and only spoke on the task at hand -- he guessed she knew the stranger's purpose in calling, of course, for she was a scout long before he'd even joined.

Mephisto, a Lykoi and a cousin. He learns and does ship-work. The dusky-furred hybrid was blunt and quick with the introduction of Mephisto's skills, for he suspected they mattered little in the end. This was a place for his family; those bearing the appropriate surname had been admitted without question in the past. Ithiel was curious to see whether their leader might continue that tradition or forge her own: he watched, red eyes following Myri's movements as she reached for Lystra's nose, scratching the horse as she seemed to contemplate Mephisto a brief moment.

Who gave you the surname? Just wondering, I mean. Welcome to Inferni, she said, smiling. I'm not one to deny family from home.

<style>
#ithielSie {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielSie p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielSie p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielSie .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielSie .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielSie b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielSie u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielSie b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielSie b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Inferni!
Ranks ·
Website ·
Wiki ·
News

Pride by Titmouse!

• Ranks!

Remember: Inferni’s ranks are based on character behavior and activity. Read over our Rank Information for hierarchy information -- approach the higher ranked canines in your tier, and try interacting with them. The Rank Advancement page details how you can go about getting promoted! o:

• What Now?

Wondering what else to do? Check the website!

• Confused?

If you're confused about anything regarding Inferni or being a member of the clan, feel free to PM one of our pack leaders, and they can help answer your questions!
[/html]
omg two days off finally. thought the weekend would never end. stupid people galore. ;_; *curls up here*

[html]

Shortly thereafter, another set of horse hooves came steadily from the scenery around them Atop that horse was another canine who was distinctly coyote, though Mephisto could tell her heritage was just as muddied as his own. Unlike the darker Ithiel, she was sandy and redheaded, lighter tones like himself. While he felt a certain formality in Ithiel's personality, he sensed that she was a little more relaxed. And that wasn't too far from the point, much to his relief. It was easier to relax then, to be a little more sure-footed. A warm reception was much better than something chilly, which he couldn't help but ponder would have been the reaction he had gotten if he hadn't been who he claimed.

Once he had been introduced, it didn't take long for Myrika to decide whether or not to allow him beyond the pikes. It came much to his surprise, though he didn't linger on that long when faced with a question that he could easily answer. “From my mother. She lived here, at least some time ago. A long time before I was born. Corona is her name,” he said, thumbing back inwardly at what she had told him of the place. “She said my uncle was the leader here. I think his name is Gabriel?” Things had obviously changed, or at least he was willing to gather that much about Inferni. Whatever prying questions Mephisto had ever had about the clan or its history had oft gone unanswered. But he had done his best to remember what she had shared, at least.

[/html]
[html]

(--) BOOMSWITCH

The redhead nodded at the name; she recognized it, but by name only. The Aquila could not put a face to the name; it had occurred only in the history of Inferni, and within her own family tree. Corona's in our history book, she said. I know her, but only by name. In contrast, to the smile Myri gave on recognizing Mephisto's mother, Ithiel's face remained blank, and he only looked from one to the other, lingering on Myrika as if he waited dismissal. When none came, the dusky hybrid began to edge his horse off; as Myrika made no move to stop him, the hybrid lifted a hand by way of saying good-bye, and trotted off, presumably to round the borders.

Gabriel was gone before I came, she explained, only giving a sidelong glance to the Duplicarius as he left. His son, Ezekiel, was the Aquila before me. And I'm new to the job, she said blithely, shrugging one shoulder lightly to show just how much she thought of that. The redhead decided it was probably more polite to slide down off her horse's back and was about to do such, when she thought of Ezekiel: would he have dismounted his horse to lead her beside a new member? She tried to remember, and decided he probably wouldn't.

She remained seated, but gave a tug on the bay stallion's reins. You'll probably want to find somewhere to rest, and maybe eat something? she suggested, holding her horse when he had half turned back toward Inferni. Any questions? she added, turquoise gaze lingering on him for a moment.

Myrika is by Alaine!

<style>
#myriAlaineLup {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
}
#myriAlaineLup p {
}
#myriAlaineLup p.sieImage {
}
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc {
font-family:georgia, serif;
#myriAlaineLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It seemed he had arrived during some sort of change, but at least it wasn't disappointing. If anything, arriving when things were changing had always worked out one way or another for him. It had been how he had gotten into sailing and if not for that, then he would have never turned up where he was now. The fact that Inferni had gone through so many leaders brought light to just how long he presumed his mother had been gone from the clan, but that was assuming that Inferni held onto their leaders.

“Both of those would be nice,” Mephisto replied when she prompted him with another question. “And I do have questions, but only if it isn't any trouble for you to answer them. I don't want to overwhelm you, or bother you.” He took a couple of careful steps towards her and her mount, implying that he was more than willing to walk along if she desired. And if she choose to leave him there, then he had no qualms about that either; Mephisto knew how to be resourceful. Information could always have been obtained at a later date.

[/html]
[html]

(--)

Myrika is by Raze!

It's my job to answer whatever questions you've got, and I'd be happy to besides, she said lightly, red-tinged muzzle breaking into a smile despite her inner nervousness. What if she said the wrong thing? This was amongst her first interactions with one who knew her as nothing other than Myrika the Aquila; what if she mucked it all up? Stifling her nervousness, she steeled herself and considered her bay stallion a moment to clear her head.

I'll take you to the mansion, she suggested, thinking it was a likely place to start off: there was meat, albeit dried, in the store room, and if that wasn't to his liking, it wasn't any big deal to catch a rabbit amongst the expansive gardens of the mansion. They liked the taste of the exotic flowers and plants growing amongst old statues and rusting wrought-iron fencing. You could live there, or maybe the caves? I don't know what you'd prefer, she said, looking down and over at the straw-furred coyote.

Or, if you don't mind an old woman, children, and me, there's still a room in the schoolhouse. It's a lot smaller than the mansion, though. This was suggested more cautiously, though not for dislike or distrust of Mephisto. The schoolhouse was growing crowded with Amnesty living in her own room now, and there were the horses, sheep, and other livestock to consider, as well.

<style>
#myriRazeLup {
}
#myriRazeLup p {
}
#myriRazeLup p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:10px;
}
#myriRazeLup .txtooc {
#myriRazeLup .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriRazeLup b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriRazeLup u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriRazeLup b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriRazeLup b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriRazeLup b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Mephisto couldn't help but smile in response at her words and offers. It was nice to encounter friendliness, especially to someone who was more or less a foreigner. So he was definitely open to her suggestions, in fact more than willing to take them. If she had said this was where he was going to go, then he would have. Either way, Mephisto did not dawdle long as they began to make their way. “The mansion will be fine, though perhaps I will check out the other things as well. Couldn't hurt, I guess,” though for all he knew, maybe it could have. There was no telling what kind of neighbors he was going to end up with, so to speak.

“And I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about Inferni itself. I mean, I know a bit here and there from what my mother imparted to me, but she never really spoke about it at length. I never pushed her to either, but what she did tell me was obviously enough to spark my interest in it.” After all, he was there on stories alone. “She always said that there was tension between the packs that also exist around here… so I guess you could say that I'm also curious if there's anywhere I should avoid. Alternatively, if there's anywhere that's all right to go to, or to improve relations, that would be helpful too.” Much like how towns traded with one another, Mephisto was intrigued by the simple operations of the land around him.

[/html]
[html]

(398) lol myribabblez omg sorry Sad

The redhead had never known most of the canines she'd written about. There were no faces to half of them -- just names. Corona was just such a name, made real only by the stories she'd collected from Kaena and Ezekiel and still other old-timers of the clan. Looking upon Mephisto, she imagined his mother might be tawny brown or even gold -- she knew Corona to be a sibling of Gabriel, and Gabriel had been Ezekiel's father. Tawny fur seemed to be concentrated in this section of the family, and it wouldn't have surprised her to find still more golden and fawn-colored coats.

Well, she started, considering the back of Cahal's neck as she rode along at a plodding pace. Can you read? There's more history than you'd ever want to know stuffed into a book in the D'Neville. But -- history is old, she said, smiling to herself as she fiddled with a strand of her horse's dark mane. I guess it's a place like any other. We only take coyotes, we stick skulls on our borders, we've got funny old ranks. There's not a lot of groveling and showy dominance, either. This last was said with a grin, for it might have been obvious to Mephisto already: she wasn't exactly requiring him to go belly-up or fold his tail in tight.

Inferni right now is kind of weird. We were attacked by wolves a few months ago, she said, thinking of the Boreas canines. I don't know what they wanted, but we were all on high alert for a while because of that. And, we even built archery stands in the forest along the border for added protection. In the end, our neighbors to the west, Salsola, combined forces with us to smash the wolf camp, she said, considering.

We're okay with Salsola, but I wouldn't go wandering over there to make friends. I don't know a lot about our southern neighbors, Casa di Cavelieri. Maybe you could check them out? she suggested. Anyway, since the wolf attacks, it's been kind of quiet, except for Ezekiel leaving... I've only just become the Aquila. It seemed to Myri little harm could come of telling Mephisto this, for he'd learn quickly enough from one mouth or another.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
}
#myriNat p {
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
I like Myri babbles! Big Grin In turn, I am apparently rambling for a change of face... also because I really don't want to go to bed even though I have to be at work in eight hours. So tired of work, four weeks of overtime now and probably going into my fifth. I miss rest. ;_;

[html]

He listened with rapt attention, leaving the only other thing privy to his attentiveness be where he was walking. It was easy to keep up with Myrika and her steed, though that was in part that she wasn't booking it across the terrain to readily dump him somewhere. As she spoke, he found himself picking at more and more questions, but ones that he would keep to himself for the time being, not wanting to interrupt her or otherwise steer them off into a tangent that wasn't usually reserved for strangers. The concepts of ranks was somewhat unfamiliar, having only existed in a (un)structured sort of caste, but Mephisto could liken them to duties. Some duties were more important than others, like healing or leading, but even in a structured caste, there were those who were listless, and well, looked upon as simply being there. That was not unlike what he imagined he was then.

With merely a nod to affirm that he could read, the pale Lykoi knew he would be checking out the book that had been put together. But it was the talk of Inferni being attacked and defending itself that intrigued him the most. “Mm, I've heard of canines like that. There are roving radicals out there, I guess you could say, just attacking and showing off their dominance or stupidity. Depends on how you look at it. They exist on the sea too, but there's more good than bad there for now, I suppose.” Pirates came to mind, though sometimes it wasn't treasure they were after. Able hands, ships, anything that looked worth taking depending upon the individuals. But not all of them were particular bad, he wanted to believe. Who was to argue that trading ships weren't pirates of their own, just with a different outcome?

“Do attacks happen often here? It seems like Inferni is keen on keeping up an image. I mean, at least one that states that you're more than capable of defending yourself.” It didn't really scream that they were bloodthirsty mongrels looking for a good fight, but Mephisto never doubted that they wouldn't rise to the attack if it were necessary. Obviously, clearly, they had. “I'd imagine that the need to show that was because it had to be, of course. My mother seemed to suggest that Inferni didn't go out looking for trouble, but rather that trouble found it.” Hate seemed to run hand in hand with war, anytime and anywhere. Though with that said, it wouldn't bar him from going and investigating things around Inferni once he had settled in. What would happen would happen, as life was too often cyclical.

[/html]
[html]

(404) you go sleeeeep, sleep be good. stupid overtime interfering with rest. :|

Myrika is by Bobbi!

Myrika hadn't put much thought into the motivation behind their attackers. Ithiel seemed convinced the attacks were religiously motivated and connected to his homeland. Myrika was not so certain -- it seemed to her quite a lot of a pain to travel quite so far as Ithiel had only to attack. Perhaps there was some larger plan at play, or maybe they were simple marauders, getting their jollies on the pain and suffering of others. They'd lost, though -- Myrika had made sure of that for at least one of them, much as the thought disquieted her.

These guys had an issue with coyotes, she started. So I guess it's stupidity. We're all the same under the fur, right? she said. This was something she rather desperately needed to believe. They had... mini-books. Pamphlets, I guess you could say, about coyotes. A lot of lies and a lot of weird stuff, she said, wrinkling her nose. Ithiel had advised her to burn the stuff, but she thought it was worthwhile to keep around -- even beyond just humor's sake, there had to be some clue in there as to the motivation of their attackers.

I've been here almost a year and that was the only bad one... but my cousin, Halo, she started, and then laughed under her breath. Our cousin, she corrected, all the humor draining out of her. There were a couple of wolves on the borders that attacked her. She lived. The redhead almost added the "but" and then thought better of it. There was time enough to explain Halo's plight. It's not like there's a new attacker every third sunrise, but it's not unheard of, either. Mephisto might be better off wandering to some other pack, where the wolves would take him in and protect him. She had thought the same for almost a year, lingering on the outskirts of these lands -- in the end, though, family had won out, and Myrika found herself amonst the coyotes of Inferni.

Trouble does seem to follow Inferni, but our wolf neighbors can never be blamed, the hybrid said, making a face. Though she meant it earnestly, there was something suspicious about their particular plight. Did other packs have attacks? If so, why didn't anyone talk about them? Then again, Inferni's attacks weren't a subject Myri broached when speaking with outsiders, either.

<style>
#myrikaBobbi {
}
#myrikaBobbi p {
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaBobbi .txtooc {
font-family:georgia, serif
line-height:16px;
#myrikaBobbi .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaBobbi b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaBobbi u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaBobbi b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaBobbi b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaBobbi b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
Every time I've tried to go to sleep lately, I can't. Brain won't quit. So I figure maybe writing will help. I have to work two-thirty to midnight today and we have three coolers dedicated to energy drinks at work. >_____> I get into them a lot, yes.

[html]

Mephisto liked to believe that they were all the same underneath their fur, and medically-speaking they were. But it was more than just flesh and bone at hand here, which he imagined Myrika knew already. It had to do with more than what they were. It simply had to. Still, the prospect of hate-fueled propaganda piqued his interest a bit more, even if they were full of lies and nonsense. If someone out there believed in something enough, then any lie was a truth and vice versa. He had often debated the morals of right and wrong, but never too far outwardly. That was in part why he had come searching for Inferni, if only to experience what there was to experience. If nothing else, then to find a drive for something that made life more than living and dying.

“Well, with the history that Inferni has, it's probably talked about. It interested me enough to make the journey here, so maybe somewhere out there, there's someone still alive who spouts about how Inferni is bad. Or whatever. And maybe it reaches deeper than that, too. I've always heard from elders that we weren't always the way that they are now, that we always didn't shift or be civilized, read, whatever. I've even heard that there are some of those kind still around today.” Mephisto had never seen someone who wasn't Luperci. His ignorance unknowingly showed through, but he could empathize. “I bet we'd be scary to someone who's never known a stance outside of four legs. Towering and imposing and all.” A smile broke his face in near childlike wonder as he glanced to Myrika in their strides.

And perhaps while Mephisto may have fit in better somewhere else, he already felt that he didn't want to be somewhere else. Cities had bored him and with his limited knowledge of how packs truly functioned, he doubted he would have been an asset. Submission wasn't totally in his repertoire, at least not all of the time. To him, they were manners, a throwback to just how differently he was raised to someone who lived in a completely different structure. “Are the attacks were why Ezekiel left, though?” he queried, changing the subject slightly. While he would no doubt hear different takes on the whole thing, he felt it best to try and discover why straight from the person who had taken over his stead.

[/html]
[html]

(--) aww shit goopmyri time in the middle of this post @_@. also, monsters = the bestestest <3 but they do keep you up like whoa o_o

Myrika is by Alaine!

The redhead bit her lip as he spoke, thinking about her father. Kharma had been the one to instill such stories of Inferni's cruelty and hatred on her -- it was not a place to be trusted, they turned against one another, family against family. On the contrary, Myri found her blood made her welcome amongst the coyotes of the Inferni clan. And, on the contrary, it had perhaps been key to her ascension to Aquila, too -- so perhaps she ought not to have been so thankful for it.

Well, she started, pausing. My dad was the one to tell me Inferni wasn't that great a place, so if he's still kicking, there's always him. And -- Vesper was born like that. She shifted a little in her saddle, always a little fidgety with the mention of Vesper. Not a Luperci, I mean. She didn't think it was right to share her scarred Centurion's wariness of horses and preference for her four-legged form with Mephisto, but that little bit seemed okay to propose.

I get the fright, I guess, she said, shrugging. But not the hate. Despite living on four legs, Vesper found it in her to look past Myrika's preferences, and Myri, too -- though in the usual spirit, she thought herself blind to whatever differences there were between herself and non-Luperci or even wolves. I don't think so, no. The truth is, nobody knows why he left. He told me he was going, and that was that. No reasons, no destination -- just, I'm done, she explained, quoting him again. She was almost apologetic for lacking an explanation, but she could not have forced one from the former Aquila.

<style>
#myriAlaineHorse {
}
#myriAlaineHorse p {
}
#myriAlaineHorse p.sieImage {
float:left; margin:10px;
}
#myriAlaineHorse .txtooc {
#myriAlaineHorse .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriAlaineHorse b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriAlaineHorse u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriAlaineHorse b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineHorse b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriAlaineHorse b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
They do work when they want to for me, though I'm still prone to drinking them and passing out anyway, lmao. NOS has the most caffeine in them, but they do not have as many tasty flavors. Or a zero sugar/calorie kind and I am so in love with that one. The can is pretty. It tastes awesome. I drinks. Also, I am finally getting tired, yay. I have also been following Vesper and Myrika about when I stumble across their threads.
[html]

If there was one thing that Mephisto did remember, it was how his mother had often reacted to him having curiosities about Inferni. There were the usual inklings of disdain, but on the other hand she seemed to take a certain fondness in telling him things. Certain things, at least. But she had never sugarcoated the dangers that existed. To him, Inferni had been labelled as neither good nor bad. Its borders spoke of one thing, but so far he found that two of its inhabitants were at least good. Or gave him the impression of suchs. Ithiel he couldn't make heads or tails out of from just a minor interaction, but he already got the impression that Myrika was good at her core.

But it wasn't that which he focused on, only briefly interjecting at Vesper's mention. “Really? That's quite interesting.” Another mental note made, he decided he wanted to meet her… and hopefully not make her feel as though he were looking at her through a microscope intent of figuring out the psychological impacts. But most importantly, he was interested in someone else's take to everything. What made someone non-Luperci? What had made him Luperci? So many questions and never enough answers.

“Well, I'm sure whatever the real reason is for him leaving, it's probably reasonable. Sometimes I guess you just have to go. I mean, it wasn't just one day that I woke up and suddenly decided I wanted to leave everything I know and was familiar with to go on an adventure. I had originally started by wanting to come here much earlier, but I ended up sailing about instead.” He shrugged. “Could have walked off a ship whenever we docked over this way and come here, but I followed a different path for a while. Maybe that's all he's doing now, just following a different path or calling.” If tried hard enough, perhaps he could romanticize it. He knew nothing about Ezekiel, but already wanted to believe he had to have had a good reason for leaving. It was one thing that his mother had taught him that he wasn't minding — nothing is as easy as it sounds or seems.

Yet that possibility had never been ruled out by Mephisto. “Either way, I'm sure it's not easy to just spontaneously adjust to something like that. The only thing I can relate it to is the first crew I worked with. Half of our upper management decided to toss half of us out when we docked somewhere else. One day our captain showed fondness to a bunch our hardworking lot and the next he was telling us to pack up and get out and good luck finding a way back home,” and at that he couldn't help but make a sour face. Mephisto had never come to terms with what had been done wrong, but something had he felt. “In the end we, or at least I ended up in better hands.”

[/html]
[html]

(304) TBH me too. I only drink them to get to a baseline "normal" anymore and can basically go conk out after drinking the entirety of a monster. >_> vespermyridorbz (i should get this as a title)

The redhead smiled almost dreamily and nodded. I think so, too, she murmured, thinking of Vesper's four-legged form, and the two-legged one, too. She'd only seen the latter a handful of times and was, by far, more used to the four-legged version of her Centurion. As Mephisto spoke, however, his words carried a certain truth she'd previously missed, and she straightened in Cahal's saddle, turning down to frown toward him, though it was less a disapproving look and more a contemplative sort.

You're right, she mused. It couldn't have been something he just did. Maybe he planned all of it all along, she said, voice growing almost growly with the thought. She did not -- or would not -- resent her cousin for leaving; she could not resent him for the responsibility he'd given her. Along with responsibility came certain perks, to be sure, and she would have ended up here eventually anyway, if what Kaena thought was true. But it had been -- and still was -- a shock to her, and the tawny coyote wasn't entirely certain just how she felt about any of this.

The story about his captain also resonated within her -- what if a leader of the clan should decide to eradicate hybrid blood? She remembered Ezekiel's proclamation of necessary coyote blood well enough. It could happen. She couldn't imagine pitching anyone out of the clan on basis of blood alone, though. How could he just throw you out like that? she wondered. Some captain. She supposed Ezekiel had done something like that with foisting Inferni onto her, but the he had at least prepared her for it, after a fashion. Even if Myrika wasn't privy to her training or that she was being trained, it counted for something.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
}
#myriNat p {
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

“It's easy enough to do,” Mephisto stated when she queried. “The exact reason I don't really know why. Wasn't given a chance to ask, doubtful I would've gotten an answer. Maybe he tired of us that easily, or maybe he just didn't want to pay us. Or feed us. And maybe we weren't what he was looking for.” The straw-colored Lykoi shrugged his shoulders passively. He held no ill will for the canine that had cast him to the side. “The world's a bit different out there, I guess. It's a bigger melting pot than anything I've ever seen before. All sorts of beasts roam the waters if they're able.” No stranger to unexpected violence, he had seen his fair share of tiffs. But for the most part, Mephisto had been fortunate enough to avoid them or face a necessarily long fight.

But all in all, he did not make the mistake to think that things would be different. Scrapping on water was much different than on land. Here, he supposed there were many more variables. There were certainly more bodies to deal with, though he wasn't exactly sure what the percentage was when it came to good and bad. Both existed everywhere and he fancied himself as neither. “So what kind of ship is Inferni? Do you push us all to work and contribute or are things more lax?” He found himself asking the next question that came to mind, somewhat absently. What could he expect? “Or have you not decided yet? I'm gathering that Ezekiel left not too long ago.” And while he tried to pick and choose his words carefully, he couldn't. There was something about the way Myrika carried herself that said she was still feeling her out way.

[/html]