Spring Flowers
[html]
WC: 352 OOC:

Eclipse had spent much of her time looking after the mother horse and her colt. She wanted them both healthy for when their owner came to get them. She would leave the next day and head to AniWaya. She wanted to be a little settled in the packlands before heading out on another, thankfully small, journey. She was sitting close to the animals and the colt walked up to her, his ears perked forward. Unlike Grace he was not wary of her. She had been there since his birth so she was part of his herd. Grace was doing better with her and let Eclipse touch her. The woman had yet to sit atop the mare but that might never happen when she goes back to her home. Eclipse wanted nothing more than to keep the pair but she was sure that this Liliana woman would be worried about them. At least about Grace. The foal might just be a surprise to the owner.

Eclipse petted the foal on the head the boy nipped her belly fur and Eclipse giggled.

“Oh little one I am not your mommy, you have to go to her for that.”

The girl said. The colt did it again and then ran off at a quick sprint. He was a fast little thing too! For someone so young, so pure! He trotted up to her this time not taking his time and nipped at her belly again. Eclipse took this as a sign of a game called chase. One of the few games she played in her puppyhood. She had noone to grow up with that was her age when she was a pup so many games were new to her even today. Giggling the young woman ran after the baby horse. Grace lifted her head and watched intently before seeing that it was nothing more than a game. To see a predator playing with prey was just odd for one to get their heads around even for Grace who had been a wild horse before she was a wolf’s horse.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

Lineart by *Nanarc; colored by me!

After somewhat getting settled into a house, Levent went out to walk around the town and see if there was something that he could do. He wasn’t used to having direction in his life, usually just drifting from place to place on his own terms, but now that he was part of a pack, he wondered what duties he should be completing. Hunting and looking for intruders seemed like the obvious ones, but with his rank as a Venditore, he didn’t know if he should start going off to trade right away or if he should follow Skye until she gave him orders.

Strolling around and frowning at Wilson didn’t accomplish anything, though. He altered his direction slightly so he wasn’t moving in circles around the houses, instead striding as if he had a purpose. The cat trotting at his ankles knew better and purred in quiet amusement as the wolf adopted a confident swagger—which only made Lev move around even more to rouse a laugh from the tom.

The sound of hooves made him stop, however, and quickly he stopped to let Wilson leap up onto his usual place on his shoulder; he didn’t want the cat to get crushed by a wayward horse. Tickling his friend under the chin, he came to the edge of the pasture to see a colt galloping around, pursued by a brown she-wolf. Grinning at the sight of equine and canine playing together, he stood and watched, waiting to be noticed.

<style>
.levDed {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.levDed p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.levDed p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.levDed .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.levDed .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.levDed b {letter-spacing:1px;}
.levDed b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDed b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDed b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.levDed u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 329 OOC: Your table is ADORABLE!! Big Grin and sorry about her conclusions she's really silly right now believing everything everyone says hahaha.

She giggled as the little colt moved away from her and darted here and there. For something so young he was very evasive. Which made Eclipse very happy. This would mean it would be very hard for predators to get at him and enough time for the mother or anyone else to come to his defense if he was the target. Once the colt stopped Eclipse threw her arms around him breathing slightly harder than normal, only because she was having fun. That was when she knew she wasn’t alone. Her ears folded back, not in defense but to hear, before her head turned to look at the stranger standing and watching their play. Eclipse’s tail started to wag a little as she turned around, a pleasant smile on her face. She hadn’t met anyone from the pack before, and he smelled as though he were as new as she was.

“Hello, um... been watching long?”

She said nervously. He was kind of cute... her mind started scolding her for such a stupid thought. She had been attracted to many men but had no need for them at the moment as she had once been traveling around and trying to live, finding out what her heritage was like, and now that she knew she wasn’t so sure she wanted to continue any legacies. Her mind back where it was suppose to be she wondered where he had come from and what caused him to come here. Perhaps she was being too loud or something along those lines? Maybe he wanted her to move the horses for one reason or another. She wasn’t sure but her mind was reeling as she watched the mand for a response, automatically putting her hand on the colts neck. She was usually this nervous when meeting new strangers as of late. If she had been a puppy she’d come right up to him and bombarded him with stupid questions.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

Thanks, and I'm so so so sorry for the wait. :c

Although the man watched with a somewhat goofy smile, his pale blue eyes were watchful. It was only a colt cantering around, chased by the tawny wolf, but he couldn’t count the occasions he’d had to sweep up a mewling child from under the hooves of a protective horse. Luckily, he was fluent enough in their tongue to calm them—whether through a gentle understanding or through sneaky submission—and he didn’t seem to be needed, anyway. His tail flicked lazily behind him as he rubbed under Wilson’s chin again.

The young woman noticed him then, her head turning before she smiled. Encouraged by his new pack mate’s pleasant demeanor, he strolled closer a few steps and looked over to the watchful mare briefly. He greeted the horse in her own tongue then smiled at the hand on the colt before laughing at the other’s nervous question.

All day, sevgili, Levent teased her, his smile betraying his lie. I hadn’t met any of the pack horses yet, and I heard you, so I decided to check it out.

He blinked when the cat shifted on his shoulder, and he watched the tom leap down onto the grass and give himself a shake. He remembered introductions suddenly, and executed a deep and playful bow. My name is Levent Kartal, and this is my best friend Wilson. We’re new to Cercatori d’Arte.

<style>
.levDed {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.levDed p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.levDed p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.levDed .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.levDed .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.levDed b {letter-spacing:1px;}
.levDed b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDed b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDed b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.levDed u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 321 OOC: No problem Smile

Eclipse looked like she was going to bolt, more so than the Mare and the colt who seemed truly interested in the man. Her fur was out, but as he spoke she calmed a little. His tease didn’t go unnoticed, but she was trying to get through the word he said after, though her need for flight calmed as she heard him speak of pack horses she smiled a little.

“I see, these aren’t pack horses I’m afraid. They belong to someone in AniWaya I found the mare... or she found me rather. I am just taking care of them until I can get them to their owner.”

She said with a soft voice... she had the wistful wish that the woman was far away and wouldn’t come back and the pack didn’t want the horses, but that was a dream for the woman. She knew that it would be the other way around the Liliana woman would be worried endlessly about her horse. Eclipse could tell she had been well taken care of. She smiled slightly as the man introduced himself.

“It is a pleasure. I am Eclipse Soulstorm, I am new as well.”

She smiled sheepishly, at least they had something in common with each other. They were both new to these strange lands, though Eclipse’s birthplace was only a few leagues to the north of them. She calmed a bit more just by his words. The cat she was wary of, the last one she had met had mocked her and nearly eaten her, though she was a pup it was far bigger than this cat ever would be. She swallowed and nodded to the feline, not sure how to take him. Cats were new to the woman though she had been near a few they always were less interested in her and she tried to show the same.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

(331) Out of character here.

The young woman explained that the horses belonged to a wolf in another pack, and that she was taking care of them instead. His ears came up in interest at that, and he glanced at the pair of horses in a new light. The foal couldn't have been more than a few months old; likely the former owner hadn't seen the colt since it was a bulge in its mother's belly, if they'd even been aware of it. After his short appraisal, he smiled again. That's very kind of you, he said warmly, thinking of the neglected gelding he'd rescued. He wondered if Umut had pulled out of his illness or if he was still living with the gypsies. Wondering was all he could really do, of course; dead or alive, the horse was on the other side of the ocean, something that Levent would never cross again.

He grinned and nodded after her introduction. Us newbies have to stick together, he proclaimed, the playful statement rendered awkward by his accent. Even though he was extremely fluent in English, some things he said just sounded funny.

Wilson meowed quickly and skittered away, probably heading to the stables to see if he could catch a mouse or two -- unlikely, if one took into account the odor of many other felines all around the pack. It seemed that a colony lived there, and Lev knew that Wilson would avoid those of his species at all costs. He watched his friend for only a moment before his blue eyes turned back to the girl's violet-tinged ones.

So what made you choose Cercatori d'Arte? the Turkish merchant asked, his voice casually curious. Place catch your artistic muse? He flashed his teeth teasingly. There were many painters and carvers in the pack, it seemed, although he knew that d'Arte focused on trade and offered other sensible career paths in the ranks. She could just as easily be a ranch hand or some other such thing.

<style>
.levDead {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.levDead p {text-indent:50px; padding:0; margin:10px 0;}
.levDead p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.levDead .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.levDead .word {font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:1.5px;}
.levDead b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDead b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDead b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.levDead u { text-decoration: underline; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 285 OOC:

“It was the least I could do, Grace here saved me from falling off a cliff. I owe her my life.”

Eclipse said as she looked over at the chestnut horse who tossed her flaxen mane as though it was nothing to be thanked for. She smiled happy that she did have the horse in her life and sad that soon she would be gone, but she would be back with her owner soon enough. She giggled as he spoke again and nodded.

“Yes I don’t feel so alone when I have other people I can relate to.”

Eclipse said. At his final words she nodded her head. In fact it was one of the reasons she came here. The bigger of the reasons was that Jace was here and she felt that the woman was a friend and part family but not by blood.

“I was hoping to meet other cooks. I have found someone already who knows how and I’ve already learned about other ways of making food with milk.”

She said wagging her tail. She was also interested in the merchant thing though she knew very little about what it was about so she was more inclined to do something she knew already. She looked at him inquiringly.

“What brings you here? You do not seem like one who was born to this area.”

She had been meeting many of them lately most of which came from across the sea, but that was fine with her, more friends for her to get to know, she thought as she smiled up at him to hear his story.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

(535) Longer post out of nowhere. xD

Brows lifted in surprise at the woman's tale of her rescue, and a smile broke out across his face when he saw the chestnut mare toss her head. I've never heard of a horse performing such heroic feats, he said teasingly, grinning at the tan she-wolf then at the equine -- and then his expression softened. But I wholeheartedly believe you. It was easy to see where his soft spot lay as he regarded Grace gently. He believed in equality among all beasts great and small, and while he had respect for the food chain and circle of life, he had to recognize animals for their capacity to go above and beyond what luperci thought they could do.

And no one should feel alone, the Turkish male agreed warmly when Eclipse mentioned no longer feeling that way. It was an added bonus to being in a pack, even if he needed to get used to actually being around wolves all the time. As well bonded as he and Wilson were, the canine in him desired to be among those of his own species -- and to actually make more permanent bonds than he had on the road as a trader.

He laughed lightly as the other continued. Cooks, eh? The culinary arts! He made a flamboyant gesture with one arm. I wouldn't call myself a cook -- at all, really -- but I can tell you about some of the herbs and spices I've come across in my travels. The flavor always makes eating that much more interesting. And he'd been spoiled by such things in some of the greater cities he'd stayed at on his trade route. He had no qualms about wolfing down raw meat in the wild, but the thought of a more sophisticated meal had him licking his lips.

Blue eyes widened in pretend disbelief at her last question. How did you guess? he asked, and grinned. He shifted his weight to be stand more comfortably and cleared his throat, wondering how much to include in the summary. He wasn't really one to keep secrets, but some wolves just wanted to know the name of the region he originated from, while others wanted to know about why he came and when.

I grew up in Turkey, Levent began at last. My father was a trader, on the road a lot, and after he died -- well, my mother found me. She took me to England, where I met Wilson, and once I grew up I became a traveling merchant too. He looked at the ground as if his story was all written out there. Long story short, I traveled a hell of a lot, and eventually Wilson and I heard about Freetown -- er, you have heard of Freetown, right? It's west of here, back in what was the United States of something-or-another, I think. He cleared his throat, punctuating his rambling. But we heard about Freetown and Nova Scotia and took a nasty little boat ride here. Ever since then, I've been wandering and trading like usual, and then this pack caught my interest. He finished with a shrug, grinning slightly at her and hoping she didn't mind excess information.

<style>
.levDead {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px auto; width:95%;}
.levDead p.image {text-align:center; float:right; margin:10px; text-indent:0; font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.levDead .txtooc {text-align:left; font-size:12px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:none; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal;}
.levDead b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.levDead b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 489 :: Out of character text here.

“I have not either, I figure she is something special. I think the wolf that trained her is missing her dearly to be missing such a fine animal.”

The girl said and she knew she was making nothing but excuses about getting to AniWaya herself. She could go at any time even without the horses but she didn’t want to lose them. The colt had come into this world with her as a witness and it was hard to see life without him. She smiled at him for telling her no one should feel alone and knew that he was right. Yet she never made a friend that truely lasted that seemed to go on for more than months. She had acquaintances, and family. She thought Jace of as family and even though they were like family she didn’t even try to keep in touch with her nor most anyone, thoug hse wanted to try her own past would not allow her attach to any one wolf for too long.

She couldn’t help but smile as he made the gesture and giggle slightly at his admittance that he was no cook. She knew not everyone would know how and that most ate their meat raw, but it seemed he did like experimenting with plants that would make the food taste different and she beamed at that.

“I know about herbs and spices too. I love the veriety it gives me when I’m cooking. I have been helping out a lot with Skye’s garden, or trying to when I’m not too busy with these two.”

She pointed to the horses. She listened when he began his story and her ears perked high as she listened, intrigued by his adventure. It was something that was for sure. She did not know where Turkey or England was but to have been a trader all his life moving from place to place. It reminded her of what her own life was like for some reason she couldn’t stay in one spot and she just kept moving around and around. It wasn’t for lack of trying to stay. It was for not wishing her heart to be hurt. Even now she did it without even knowing for the longest time before she found herself anywhere except with the friends she had made.

“I have always been interested in trading and stuff it sounds complicated in a way. You must know what everything is worth to be able to trad one thing for another.”

She did sound awed by this and knew this pack had eased her by the knowledge that they were merchants and artists and she knew cooking was a type of art. So she could kill two birds with one stone by being here. Learning more about her own profession, and learning about one she thought she could enjoy.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

(373) This one suuucks. I just wanted to stop neglecting this poor thread. xD

The girl mentioned the horse's owner missing the animal, and Levent smiled knowingly. He wouldn't have wanted to part with the lovely creature if he were Eclipse, although he was of the slimier sort and probably would have stolen off with the mare anyway. He didn't bother about this point, however, knowing that the girl would do what she felt was right; everything would work out in the end. Maybe she won't have time for the colt, he murmured after a moment, suggesting that she might be able to keep him, at least, once he was weaned. And he had no doubt the owner would be kind enough to let Eclipse visit, if she was indeed kind enough to own the horse in the first place.

I might have to check out the garden sometime, or at least trade for more seeds, the man mused, although he wasn't a plant expert by any means. He knew some herbs from European cuisine, and others were quick remedies on the road when he had an ache, but the man was an expect only in animals -- or, at least, that was the subject he had the broadest amount of knowledge on. He'd have been able to keep a good amount of the animals on the great ark alive, at least.

Her remark about trading made him grin sheepishly. Well, the value of things changes from place to place. Some pretty jewelry would fetch a nice place in the more civilized parts of Europe, while many luperci in North America wouldn't give it a sniff; they'd rather have more practical items. And that says nothing as to what individuals desire. Honestly, I'm learning all over again. His grin turned smug, and he adopted a more boastful posture. Although I'm good at haggling. I talk your face off, and it's all you can do to make an offer so I shut up. I play my part. He winked, admitting that he wasn't always the honest fellow he was being with Eclipse. Even the way he presented himself to her was different than how he'd act to another; he truly wanted to be friendly and kind, but his desire to give an impression was affecting how he acted.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 351 OOC: we can get ready to close this up if you want Smile

“I hope sometimes, but I am trying to keep my head clear that I wouldn’t be able to keep either, I do not want to hurt myself in the process if she decides to take both of them with her.”

Eclipse gave him a smiled at the offer that no doubt made her feel a little better. She just didn’t want any false hope. She had far too much of that in her short lifetime to know it tended to always end badly. When speaking of the garden Eclipse wagged her tail enthusiastically. Yes it was a very nice garden. There were so many varieties of plants, though Eclipse had to learn what many of them were because she learned that not all the plants in the garden were edible.

“I wish I could find a way to grow more saffron. I have plenty but what I have is it basically. I have yet to find any, anywhere. A woman just gave them to me a huge jar of it...”

She thought of that day, meeting such a nice woman and then learning of her imminent death. There was nothing Eclipse could do either and though she wasn’t there when the woman would die she still felt a sadness. Her face lit up more as he spoke of trading. It seemed like such a complicated thing.

“It must be a challange to learn something all over again, after you knew it all before... I hope I will never have to relearn how to cook. I would be devistated.”

She said pondering at what the man had to say. She supposed it would be a challange to learn how to do trades, but not impossible. Though he did make it sound like he did a little more than haggle. She didn’t think she could talk someone’s ear off just to make a trade, and she wasn’t dishonest enough to trade something that was worth less than what she was getting. Perhaps she wouldn’t be so good at trading after all.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]