gathering the candles but not their tongues
[html]

Lazy and using post from an eaten thread. ;_;

Can't change so unnaturally, Demons they follow me

All my reasons for insanity, all a part of me

His children had been born.

Levent should have been glad—and he was. He had a boy and a girl, both tiny enough to fit snugly in his hands and both terrifyingly helpless. He’d had his doubts about what kind of father he would be, but now all he knew was that he’d be there for the puppies for as long as they needed and wanted him. They were his to protect.

Even now, trotting down the streets of the city in his scarcely-used lupus form, the Turkish wolf wondered if he should be back in Cercatori d’Arte watching over them. The mother of his children was blind, and they were so small—but he found himself trusting Hotaru and the other members of the pack. All the pups would do was eat and sleep for several days; he didn’t think they’d be a problem.

The problem was his feline companion. Wilson had been angry off and on since Hotaru announced her pregnancy, and now the white tomcat was gone. Lev had shifted down and tracked him to the edge of Halifax, where he’d hoped to quickly find the cat and apologize and say other things he knew he should say. Instead, the city smelled only of day-hot asphalt and rats, leaving him standing baffled in the middle of the dark street.

<style>
.levSpir {font-family:'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:justify; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:98%; max-width:700px; }
.levSpir .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/26nM9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.levSpir .ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.levSpir .tagline {font-family:'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:16px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:30px 0px;}
.levSpir .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.levSpir p {text-indent:10%; margin:0px; padding:0px 15px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The summer meant warm sun to rest by in the windows of the library, beautiful and fragrant flowers populating the winding vines of the city, and plentiful prey out in the open. While the wolves found hardship in the summer for prey, Element was quite the opposite - all small prey such as squirrels, voles, and mice escape from their warmed winter burrows and revel in the sunshine, leaving Element free to catch as much - and only as much - as he needed.

Another thing that summer brought, however, was the hot, hot stone on the floor of his city home. He was careful to remain in the shade on days like these, when the sun baked the dark stones so that his paw pads were pained by stepping on them.

He caught a scent on the wind, the sense fleeting yet true - a canine. Stepping towards the scent, he quickly found the source of it - a brown wolf, painted with a cream underbelly and toes, was standing in his quadruped form in the street, seeming to be looking for something. He had a peculiar cloth tied on his head, making him look quite festive. He sat down, tucking his tail around his paws, hidden almost completely in the shadows save for his brilliant green eyes, wondering idly what the canine would do next.

<style type="text/css">
.element b {font-weight:normal; color:#006900; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Lev is actually in lupus. Smile Shoulda made clearer since he's rarely in that form. :x

The end of his colorful cloth dragged on the pavement, and the wolf paused to lift his foreleg and pull on it, tightening it slightly. It was the one accessory he carried from form to form, and he supposed it might be easier to tie it around his neck instead, but old habits died hard. The feel of it around his ankle was a part of him, and he would miss if it were gone, just as he missed his friend now.

His dark ears flattened. Several times Wilson had had tantrums and run off, but it was always in areas they knew very well, or otherwise he wouldn’t have gone far away. Surely he knew that eagles perched on the high buildings in the city—but the tomcat was crafty, and Lev knew he’d have hidden himself away carefully, probably taking advantage of the shade on the hot summer day. His own pads were near-burning on the asphalt, but he ignored the pain easily as he continued his search.

It was not very long before a feline scent caught in his nostrils, and the wolf threw his head up excitedly. “Wilson?” he called, and his blue eyes fell to a pair of cat’s eyes in the darkness. He started forward before realizing that their shade was emerald rather than amber, and he paused, his tail drooping. Quickly, not wanting to scare the cat away, he apologized in low speech—then, just out of loneliness, sat down and explained through brief meows that he’d thought the cat was someone else.

<style>
.levSpir {font-family:'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:20px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:justify; margin:0px 25px; padding:0px 0px 5px 0px; margin:5px auto; width:98%; max-width:700px; }
.levSpir .inner {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/26nM9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
.levSpir .ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.levSpir .tagline {font-family:'palatino linotype', palatino, georgia, serif; font-size:16px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:center; padding:30px 0px;}
.levSpir .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal; letter-spacing:.5px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sorry! all fixed Smile

He watched as the canine's ears flattened and perked, again and again. He couldn't be listening for anything, else his ears would remain perked - perhaps he was annoyed. Element remained in his calm composure, even as the canine looked around and seemed to see him - he quickly asked for a name. So he was searching for someone.

He was surprised when the canine spoke a bit of low speech in apologies to the cat - he hadn't been expecting that. What surprised him further was that the wolf then sat down, seemingly in defeat, explaining to Element in low speech - a mixture of body language and broken 'words' as they were best described, although it was not an accurate depiction - but then again, it was hard to put a language into words when it had no words itself.

"I haven't seen any other canines around lately," he said, stepping out of the shadows for a moment. He wasn't sure how the wolf could have possibly mistaken the small, black feline for another canine - unless the someone he was searching for was a puppy, or perhaps not canine at all.

<style type="text/css">
.elementooc {text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.element {margin:0 auto; width:430px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.2px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ilu! <3

The feline tongue came as second nature to the wolf, although his accent was especially clear in his vocalizations and his tail, which wasn’t as flexible as a cat’s. When he lived in London, he had often communicated this way with those who couldn’t speak English, and it had also become a more covert way to speak with Wilson. He’d learned from the beginning that cats had a lot to say, and he saw any animal with good information as equal to his own species. They might not have the bodies of luperci, but many had minds to match, and so there was nothing odd to him about sitting and talking with a cat in the empty streets of Halifax.

And he didn’t miss a beat when the cat replied in high speech, only frowned and shook his head with defeated amusement. “I’m not looking for a canine,” Levent replied, inclining his head pointedly to the black cat. “Have you seen a white one of your folk? A tom. I’m afraid he’s mad at me.” It was more information than he’d usually let on, especially to luperci who’d scoff at him the moment he referred to Wilson as a friend rather than a pet, but he found himself oddly trusting this cat—and he was completely at his mercy, anyway. Maybe cats had a secret spy network, or something; it wasn’t too far-fetched.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
secret cat spy network!

Element wasn't surprised when the male spoke high speech back to him, telling him that he was not looking for a canine - it he wasn't looking for a canine, it must not be surprising to him that the black feline could speak in high speech as many other canines were with him. A white tom of the cat species - Element himself could not really say that he had seen any of his species lately at all - the 'Souls area had always been more populated with canines, causing cats to be more scarce.

"I can't say I have - I'm sorry," he said. "I don't see many felines around. I could help you look for him, if you want," he offered - it seemed that this male canine cared for Wilson, wherever and whoever he was, and the cat himself did not have much else to do at the moment. Perhaps Wilson could speak High Speech like Element could - it would make for quite the interesting conversation.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Totallyyyy. And I'm lazy so Wils shows up in this post rather than later. :|

Levent smiled softly in understanding to mask his disappointment—but he knew he shouldn’t be too surprised. If the white tomcat didn’t want to be found, he wouldn’t even let one of his own species find him. That, and he’d always been awkward around other felines anyway; he thought too much like a luperci to truly fit in with his own kind.

“That would be great,” the wolf replied when the dark cat offered his help. He paused, looking at the beige toes of his paws, and added, “My name is Levent.” He guessed they might as well get better acquainted if they were going to go searching together.

As it turned out, they didn’t have to do very much searching at all; a voice came down from the rooftop. “Beni aldatıyor, sen misin?”

Levent blinked and craned his neck to see the white shape perched at the edge of the roof, his ears flattening. “How the hell do you know how to say that?” he complained, and Wilson disappeared for a while before the sound of paws pattering on a fire escape reached them. The white cat kept his distance, however, his dark sand-colored eyes flickering uncertainly over the black male.

His tail twitched back and forth in a way that suggested displeasure, but the rest of him was calm as he addressed the other cat in English, his London accent flavoring his greeting. “Hello. I guess you found my wolf.”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"Element," the cat offered as his name. Just as it seemed that Element and the canine, who said his name was "Levent", were about to go search for his feline companion, a voice sounded from above them, near the tops of the tall, gray buildings. Craning his neck upwards, he saw a white figure on the top of a roof; a cat. He quickly ambled down from the roof to the ground, where his tail twitched once in seeming displeasure before speaking to Element.

Element cocked his head, taking no great pains in replying quickly. The other male was white, with golden eyes - similar in brightness to Element's own emerald eyes, which he searched the tom with. His posture was calm and relaxed, matching the sable-shaded feline's own - the only difference being that the ivory feline's tail twitched in seeming displeasure.

"So it seems," the male cat said lightly in his tenor voice. "It's been a long time since I have seen a canine and feline duo," he mused, remembering a time long gone when he had met Daisuke and his cat companion.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

This sucks, I'm sorry. >__< I'm making an effort to keep it interesting. >_>

The black cat introduced himself as Element, and Levent smiled in acknowledgment. In London, most cats walked around with names similar to luperci—or, at least, those capable of high speech did. Wilson was one such individual. He found low speech names to flow more, to enhance an attribute obvious of the animal (he’d helped a queen whose name consisted of a certain chirp and precise wave of the tail), but—but he shouldn’t dwell on it. The cat’s name was Element, and that was good enough for him.

After the white feline showed up, Element kept his cool and took a long, uncomfortable moment (for Wils, at least) to respond. Wilson flattened his ears briefly but nodded, and Levent grinned. “Probably a pet cat,” he suggested, “knowing the luperci who live around here. Every animal is a pet.” He reached out to prod at his companion with a cream-toed paw, but it didn’t look like Wilson was in the mood to joke around and banter with him.

“I was looking for you for ages, you know,” Levent added more softly; he might have lapsed into low speech to keep the conversation private, but it was a moot point with the third wheel being another cat.

“Really? I’m surprised you noticed I was gone,” Wilson replied, and Lev scowled before the white tom managed to work up the guts to look Element in the eye, tail still dancing erratically. “It’s been a long time since I’ve seen a cat who can speak like I can. Are you from around here?”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The white cat flattened his ears for a moment, something Element found curious; did he not like him? Element remained with an emotionless face, not betraying himself to the ivory feline or his canine companion. He knew that Daisuke and his feline companion was not comprised of a pet-owner relationship, but again he was silent, considering carefully the conversations between cat and wolf out of curiousity.

He could not ignore the question directed towards him by the white feline, however, and once more took a short while to collect his thoughts. "Not quite," he said smoothly and lowly at last. "I come from north of here, but not too far; around the mountains." Indeed, it had been in the grassy fields of the mountains that he had hailed. "I've met many canines in my life, and a few other cats who speak like us; they allowed me to learn the High Speech. Where are you from, if I may ask?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]