Mistaken Identity
[html]

Word Count →

Sorry it took me so long to get this up. Momsyou know? Smile.

Adrian looked left and right as the trees started to thin out. They were giving way to the stone roads of what appeared to be a once busy city. It was the second place that human civilization had been so distinguished that he had visited since arriving back in Nova Scotia. The city appeared to go on and on after the trees stopped. He could hear the ocean and assumed that the city had a port and some docks. He brought a hand up to shade his eyes as he looked around at the looming building. Some of them were in better shape than others, with theirs windows and doors still intact. Others were missing doors and sections of their roofs had collapsed in on them. It was an interesting place.

Adrian knew a little about humans. His grandmother had taught him how humans had left behind the means for the luperci to discover music. Adrian had been taught history by his grandmother, who could read and write. Adrian could read and write as well, that also being part of his training with his grandmother. But he did very little reading and writing. Adrian was sure he was out of practice for both but it would be easy to pick them back up again. He remembered reading some stories with his grandmother about all different kinds of music and instruments. He had liked the pictures as well.

He stopped in the middle of the street and looked up at a big industrial building. It was four stories tall and a corner of the roof had collapsed in. It looked strangely humorous to Adrian and he chuckled some. These poor humans had built their stuff to last but without them here to check on it, it was falling apart. Adrian stood there in the middle of the street thinking about that for a few minutes, debating if the things they left behind were worth saving.

<style type="text/css">
.KidoTwinsSnow b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000 ; letter-spacing:1px; }
.KidoTwinsSnow .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.KidoTwinsSnow p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.KidoTwinsSnow {margin:0px auto; width:468px; background-color:#F0F8FF; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6IyXS.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 390px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#191970; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Lev will be fine, he apparently just likes being dramatic. Wink

Levent was not a creature of routine; he did not meaningfully go and do the same thing every single day. His profession was one that encouraged improvising, scouring his surroundings for a chance opportunity to pounce at. In Europe, he’d been vigilant even when going on one trade route, so that if he overheard someone say that a certain fabric was coveted in Greece, he’d be able and willing to get that fabric and head to Greece. Even when he landed in North America, he’d been searching desperately for means to an end, and didn’t waste time standing back and saying no when a trading pack landed itself in his lap as a place (he thought) to simply store his goods and provide a little security.

That was then. Now the Turkish wolf had fallen into a routine: and an extremely dreary one. He’d wake up in an uncomfortable position in some dilapidated building, take his mare out to graze and wish desperately that she had more than grass to sate her, and then meander into the swath of woods covering central Nova Scotia to hunt and observe and feel goddamn sorry for himself. After Wilson thought that his companion had felt sufficiently sorry for himself (Lev never did), Wilson would nudge Levent back to the shelter of the abandoned city. Most of the time the sun was setting by that point, but sometimes there’d still be daylight when they came home, and these days Wilson encouraged Levent to think about what he was doing, and Levent would refuse, and Levent would spend the last of daylight poring over his holy book and praying that something would change his life for him.

Today was one of the latter, and the trio of odd characters was just entering the city, the horse’s hooves clopping loudly on the cracked asphalt with the wolf leading her and the cat trotting importantly before the both of them. The wind blew the celadon strip of fabric from his headband under his chin, and he absently reached up to pull it off, freeing his dark hair to blow around his face. He stuffed the cloth into his pocket and looked wearily at the skyline ahead, silent as a ghost.

Suddenly, however, Wilson froze before him; Mai nearly trampled on him and reared for a moment, a flurry of angry snorts telling the cat just what she thought of his inane behavior, until Levent quieted her with a word and a touch.

“What is it, Wilson?” the fallen merchant asked, looking down at his friend’s flattened ears and bristling fur. The look the dark sandy-yellow eyes gave him at last made his heart leap in his throat, and he took five steps forward, staring at the athletic grey and tawny shape. He whispered an oath, unable to move, and presently fainted in the middle of the street.

His last thought was that she would be pissed at him for passing out again.

<style type="text/css">
.razehiss b {font-weight:bold; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss t {font-style:italic; color:#635e63; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razehiss w {font-weight:bold; color:#fffaf0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.razehiss p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.razehiss {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#c6c2ba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LBXBc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#53514d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Adrian had been standing in front of the building he had stopped in front of for a few minutes. He sighed and shook his head, deciding that he should probably get moving. The wolf wished he had some kind of companion with him to pass the time. Adrian was very much a people person. He loved having someone to talk with. The silence when he traveled drove Adrian crazy. He would often end up humming a tune to himself or whistling it. But part of his love of music was sharing it with others.

Adrian spun around he heard a horse cry out, surprised by the sudden break in the silence he had just been cursing. First he took in the horse rearing back and the man calming the horse. Then he notice the little cat that had stopped in front of the horse. By the time he looked back at the horse, the male had calmed him and had taken five steps towards Adrian. Adrian was about to call out a greeting when he saw the man just crumple over. Adrian stopped for a second, shocked. Then he ran over to the man and his animals, and kneeled down in front of him.

Adrian placed his hands on the male's shoulders and tilted him so Adrian could see his face, "Hey, are you okay?" He asked, shaking the man lightly. Adrian might have known how to handle a basic cut or wound but a man collapsing in front of him left him floundered. He had no idea what to do if the male needed some kind of help. So he just sat him up and tried to get the man to wake up. Adrian held him at arms length so when he did wake up, the man wouldn't be inches from the face of a complete stranger. Well Adrian my boy, you wanted company. Next time, be careful what you wish for. He thought to himself with a sigh.

Word Count → 000

Out of character here.

<style>
.akido-rz {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZieEd.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c49e54; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:410px 0px 5px 0px; color:#5e4c28; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #5e4c28;}
.akido-rz b {color:#435542; text-shadow:#5e4c28 1px 1px 2px;}
.akido-rz p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.akido-rz p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #435542; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.akido-rz .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

derp

Levent came to almost the instant he hit the ground, though in hindsight the state of unconsciousness had seemed a lot longer than that, long enough for a blur of memories to pass through his mind. He woke to an angry sound from the paint mare and a warning hiss from Wilson, though hoofbeats told him that the former had simply removed herself from the immediate situation, and the latter died down when he could feel warm arms supporting him, a scent that was familiar but distant enveloping him as well. He tried to pinpoint where the cat was, but all he knew that Wils was sufficiently shocked enough to stop hissing a warning at the person who had approached.

A voice rang in his ears, and the Turkish man opened his pale blue eyes at last, peering into a pair of auburn ones that stared worriedly down into his face. Confused by this, he groped weakly at the other’s grey fur, trying to pull himself upright.

“Hotaru?” the wolf whispered timidly, wondering if saying her name aloud would cause her to snap, to shake him again or perhaps just smash his skull down into the street like he deserved. He was a puppy-killer; why did she come to his aid when he fell? It didn’t make sense, and it made less sense the longer his cream fingers lingered on the other’s arm and shoulder, feeling muscles that were different, somehow, and with agonizing slowness he reached up to touch the other’s flat chest. No, this wasn’t right, but he didn’t know what questions to voice, and he could only stare into his former mate’s face with deep confusion.

<style type="text/css">
.razehiss {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#c6c2ba; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LBXBc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#53514d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Adrian could see that the man had regained some of his former consciousness. Adrian had stopped shaking him and was helping him sit up as the man tried to pull himself up. Adrian was unsure of what to do now. The man still seemed weak and that worried Adrian. Adrian could feel the man's arms lingering on his muscles. Adrian took his hands from the man's shoulders and set one hand on his back to help hold him up. Hopefully soon the man would be able to sit himself up.

As the man opened his mouth Adrian leaned his head closer so he could catch what the man said. When Adrian heard what sounded like his sister's name he didn't fully understand what the man meant. "Hotaru? How do you know of her." Adrian asked with a renewed interest. He wanted to know how this man knew his sister and if he knew how Adrian could find her. "Do you know where my sister is?" Adrian asked, hoping the man was awake enough to answer his question. Adrian felt the man's hand move up to feel his chest and a flicker of understanding appeared in his eyes, as he laughed softly for a second. You think I'm her? You think I'm Hotaru?" Adrian laughed again and shook his head, "No, I'm Adrian Kido, I'm her brother." Adrian said, grinning now at the hilarity of it. He knew that him and Hotaru were twins but the two hadn't been confused for a while.

Word Count → 000

OOC Text Here.

<style>
.akido-rz {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/ZieEd.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c49e54; width:500px; margin:0px auto; padding:410px 0px 5px 0px; color:#5e4c28; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #5e4c28;}
.akido-rz p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #435542; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.akido-rz .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Dark ears fell back against messy hair the same shade, and Levent let himself be supported so he was sitting upright and no longer clutching at the wrong-feeling body of the tawny-streaked timber wolf. He could see Wilson crouching to the side of the two luperci, his white tail lashing from side to side in restrained aggression as he watched his helpless friend and the strange doppelganger. Said doppelganger said stranger words about Hotaru, about “her,” about a “sister,” and the man struggled to figure out what the words meant until the stranger burst into laughter.

The Turkish wolf’s first urge was to slap him hard across the face, but it was Hotaru’s face, so he knew he couldn’t even if he wanted to. With the reality of the situation now crashing down on him, the last vestiges of lost consciousness catching up with the rest of his brain, he drew a lip back to bare a single fang before scooting backwards away from the stranger, almost falling in the process. He supported himself with one flung-back arm and scowled at him.

“Guess the lack of memeler should’ve given it away,” Levent growled, but he couldn’t keep the deeper grief from bubbling up amongst the anger, putting it out like a weak flame. He hugged his knees quickly, thinking back to the questions the man—Adrian Kido—had asked about his...his sister? He hadn’t known that Hotaru had a brother, or maybe he’d just forgotten. He shook his head quickly and tried to stand up, wobbling slightly as his shaky legs reluctantly complied with his mind’s order.

“Hotaru lives in Cercatori d’Arte, an artisan pack to the east of here,” he said a little too coolly. “And, if you don’t mind, we can postpone further questions until I catch my goddamn horse.” He could see Mai standing at the end of the street, looking curiously back at the wolves.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

The laughter finally eased and eventually stopped. Adrian had forgotten how amusing it was when someone got him and Hotaru confused. It wasn't often now but apparently it could still happen. Adrian was unexpectedly happy that the man had gotten the Kido twins confused. No matter how bad their relationship was at the moment, one thing Adrian and Hotaru would always share was their similar look.

Adrian let the man that knew Hotaru scoot away from him, noticing the fang the man displayed. That made Adrian frown, not understanding what reason the man had to be hostile towards him. Adrian made to move to catch the man when he saw him flail, but stopped when he caught himself. Adrian wasn't sure what language the man spoke in when he said breast, but the meaning was obvious enough. Adrian smiled and nodded, "I suppose so." Adrian said before chuckling again.

When the topic of Hotaru was brought back up Adrian opened his mouth to bombard the man with more questions. He after he had gotten the first word out and looked up and around for the man's horse. Adrian noticed the horse at the end of the street and chuckled, standing up and looking down at Levent. "If you can't walk I'll go get him. Do you think he will run from me if I approach him?" Adrian had broken the no question rule but he figured if it was a question that would help them get the horse back, it would be allowed without comment.

Word Count → 000

Sorry this post is so sucky. I fail at life >.< .

<style>
[html]

You do not. I do, though. :c Anywayyy, I forgot all that Lev was supposed to tell him, so lemme know if he says too much; otherwise I'm just gonna have him straight-up answer what Adrian asks. Tongue Also, you can PP them managing to catch the horse; she'll probably try to nip at both of them though. xD

Levent was glad that the laughter had died off; the sound, to his twisted mind at least, reminded him too much of the sobs that had been escaping his own mouth too much lately. He ignored the other’s friendly gestures, not bothering to put forth the effort of being the quirky character he normally was around strangers. There wasn’t a point to it, anyway, unless he wanted something from them. He didn’t want anything from this fellow other than to shove him away and get back to grieving in private, now that his appearance had stirred shallowly-buried memories and emotions. And so he didn’t care if he was being rude, a sentiment Wilson seemed to echo as he jumped up into his companion’s arms and growled quietly at the timber wolf.

He was surprised that Adrian offered to catch his horse even after all that, but he only shrugged in answer. “She’ll probably bite you if you approach her,” he corrected dryly. That said, he waited for the cat to balance on his shoulders then made his way down the street, finding his feet again by taking deeper breaths and not dwelling too much on how strange it really was to be vertical when your achy head was six feet above the asphalt. “By all means, though,” he said with a gesture for the other Luperci to go ahead and come closer, and then began to encourage Mai in Low Speech to calm down. She offered a dubious snort in return, her ears flattening, and sidestepped (but slowly) when the Turk shuffled toward her. He had half a mind to throw Wilson at her and see how that’d work itself out, but it was nice having the cat close when he was doing his best to hide the turmoil of emotions Adrian’s appearance had caused.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]