Growing up
[html]
KOHAKU AMAROK

Phosphagos Foothills. Dated Oct 9th.

Heavy pants and pained whines filled the air as Kohaku dug his claws into the ground. His entire body quaked and his back was arched in the most painful way. The pups head dipped low to the ground, his mouth open and his emerald eyes wide. Sinister cracks broke through the air, destroying the peace and tranquility that haunted the foothills. Digging his paws further into the ground, Kohaku closed his eyes to focus on the burning sensation that resided inside of him. Control. The boy's thoughts drifted towards his secui form, perfect for hunting.

The burning grew and Kohaku could feel his muscles contort and change. Bones popped painfully out of place and cracked in the worst places. A whine escaped his lips and his panting became harder. The imagined pain grew and grew as the shift progressed slow to point of madness. Ten minutes passed and Kohaku still could not force his body into the shape he wanted. It shifted and changed, clenched and stretched until at last, his control slipped. Kohaku lost it. He wilted into a pile and whined again as his limbs grew long. His messy mane lengthened slightly as his hind legs pushed themselves back. Nearly twenty minutes passed before his shifting was done, and Kohaku could do nothing but lie down in a crumpled heap. His optime limbs splayed out beside him and his pants were heavy.

It wasn't until the shadows grew long over him that Kohaku finally stood, or at least, stood halfway. He remained on four legs, the long limbs tucked beneath him as he stretched. Shaking himself, Kohaku stood upright, emerald eyes looking around for anything he could use as a weapon. It was time to hunt, even if he wasn't in the best of forms.

<style type="text/css">
.kohopp {text-align:center; font-family:georgia; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; color:#4d4a31; margin:5px 0px -5px; font-weight:bold;}
.kohop b {color:#f1dcad; text-shadow:#4d4a31 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kohop p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.kohop {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#908b5b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zZJ2D.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #323020; padding:10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#323020; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.kohop .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
TABLE 2:
[html]

Lyris Stryder
You belong to me,

My snow white queen

Form :: Lupus ( Required )

She was so perfectly silent, and this was not even her intention. The powder-white female posessed no inkling that there was another presence in her midst. So she continued to lap from the chilled pool that dipped away from her toes. She was so thirsty. So very, very thirsty. The terrible headache that had been haunting her before had dissipated, but in its place came a terribly uncomfortable itchiness, that refused to flee her physique. She had tried cooling her paws and scarred muzzle in water, but this was futile. She had tried nipping at her bothersome paw pads, to no avail. It was one problem after another with Lyris- something was going on with her.<\br>

But not to worry about that now, for the young teen had just picked up the muffled whines of another. Muscles immediately tended, pulling the short white coat tight around her slender figure. Sharp muzzle slowly raised to peer through the thick boughs of the pines, into a small clearing beyond. Evergreen eyes scanned carefully, narrowed to calculating slits. He seemed to be in distress, writhing on the spring green grass and groaning for no apparent reason. Nonetheless, sly yet helpful Lyris wanted to help the young one, so she abandoned her pool and approached. She was undetectable, simply a whisper through the forest. It was only a matter of seconds until the alabaster white wolf was standing behind the now-optime, immediately studying his figure. Why, she had heard I'd, but never seen the strange wolves of legend. She herself was a Non-Luperci, and her entire past consisted of the same. Though the boy was young, it was still amazing to her how muscles this new form was, compared to the almost weakling body of the dog before. Yet one question poked at the back of her mind. Why had he seemed to be in so much pain? Wasn't the transformation supposed to be smooth and easy? She had no clue.

"So this is the mighty Luperci." The youth had obviously not realized she was their, and she awaited his reaction, pondering her own question. Luperci, yes. Mighty? Perhaps. She had yet to see action. Though Lyris was not much older than the boy, she showed tad of dominance in her stance. Perked ears and a level tail. This was a friendly conversation, yet she wanted to point out her age and superiority, even if she wasn't much stronger. She had her tricks.

Word count :: -- | OOC :: Thought I'd jump in. c; On my phone, so excuse any messups and the smallness of it.

There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over.

Soon I know you'll see, you're just like me.

My snow white queen...

[/html]
[html]
KOHAKU AMAROK

yay! another non-shifter

Pain and concentration kept the young luperci from noticing the snowy wolf that had snuck up on him. Kohaku was too observed in the process of shifting, in his failure at trying to control his own body. He had all the strength and power that non-stop traveling brought, which was only increased by his two new forms, but had no way to choose what form he would take. Amy said that he would have more control when he got used to things, but she never said exactly when that would be. How long would it take him to gain control? How long until his shifts didn't take half and hour to complete? When would it stop hurting?

When the experience was finally over, Kohaku was able to stand to his full height, or as full as his body would allow. The verto wolf didn't stand up straight like Amy, but kept his center of gravity lower and more focused in his knees. Kohaku shook his head briefly, but stopped midway as the voice of another broke through the forest. Suddenly, the pup's concentration was completely focused on the stranger, the intruder to his private time. He whipped around, turning to face the white wolf, but stumbled a bit as the exhaustion from his shifting hit.

Emerald eyes studied the alabaster wolf. She couldn't have been too much older than him, but her stance was dominant and she reached of pack. Stubborn and still in a bit of shock, Kohaku rose his own tail to its full height and brought his entire body posture up a notch. He peered at the other, her pristine white coat, single scar, and apparent inability to shift; almost reminiscent of his mother. "I would not speak so haughtily if I were you. Especially if you are not a shifter yourself."

Keeping one eye on her Kohaku let his front paws touch the ground so that he could properly shake himself. Dust and a couple dried leaves flew off is coat as the male's body twisted and turned violently. Acting as if he could care less about the wolf standing before him, Kohaku stretched out his long limbs, showing of the power and strength that his body contained. When Kohaku stood again, there was an air of satisfaction and pride to his dominant stance. Kohaku was strong and well trained; and he knew it.

<style type="text/css">
.kohopp {text-align:center; font-family:georgia; font-size:40px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px; color:#4d4a31; margin:5px 0px -5px; font-weight:bold;}
.kohop b {color:#f1dcad; text-shadow:#4d4a31 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kohop p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.kohop {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#908b5b; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/zZJ2D.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #323020; padding:10px 0px 280px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#323020; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.kohop .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Lyris Stryder
You belong to me,

My snow white queen

Form :: Lupus

Lyris didn’t move- no, not an inch. Even as the taller male violently twisted to settle cold eyes on her, not even a paw shifted out of place. The only acknowledgement she gave was a quick flash that flitted across the evergreen depths of her irises- nothing more to show anything that the confident boy might assume as fear. That was all he was, wasn’t it? Just a simple boy.

Slanting eyes moved upwards to meet the face of Kohaku. It was a nearly amused expression. “Oh? I would not flaunt my so-called strength, when you are obviously still weakened and have no control over your shifts. Of younger stature also, it seems.” Lyris raised her tail an inch, cocking her sharp muzzle to the left in hint for him to stand down. Though she may not come out unmarred, the girl saw that she would have the upper hand. Her headache had faded to nearly nothing, and she could focus much more easily. Lyris had a couple of tricks up her sleeve- that’s what her opponents always overlooked. The sugar-hued canine only found humor in the way the boy stretched, attempting to intimidate with his muscles. Sure, he could be considered strong. But the way it was displayed was so comical that Lyris had to hold back an involuntary bark of laughter. Males, she thought.

No hesitation. Not even a pause. The young one just sauntered up to Kohaku, flicking sharp-tipped ears as she absent mindedly circled. Intriguing… The male seemed to stand much differently than the other fever wolves- it was a more lupine stature. She found it more suiting. To Lyris, canines should not walk as humans. It threw off the balance of what the species was supposed to be like. The line between humanoid and canid was being blurred- but what could she do? Nothing. And alas, it was helping the animals a great amount.

Lyris looped around the Wanderer, tipping her head to the left as she did so that he was easily in her line of view. If he lowered his tail, so would she. All the girl wanted to do was talk.

After a slight pause, Lyris brought her nose up to meet his eyes. “What’s your name, boy?”

Word count :: 379 | OOC :: So sorry for the delay! I was unable to get to the computer for a while. So I was wondering, would you like to continue this thread on the new board? x3

There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over.

Soon I know you'll see, you're just like me.

My snow white queen...

[/html]