every time that you're not next to me
[html]

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... copy-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-align:top center; text-align: justify; padding:5px; color:#746853; font-family:verdana; font-size:1em;line-height:1.35em;border-right:1px solid #000;border-left:1px solid #000;border-bottom:1px solid #000;">

Finally. (: It's kind of long, you don't have to match the length. :b

They say this anger, this emotion, and this passion is all a lie

All the scents clouded his mind and he stood at the borders of a long forgotten dream. With his eyes closed he concentrated on picking out scents here and there, tossing aside the ones that did not matter. Gabriel's scent was the first he was able to distinguish. The boy was excited to see his father, it had been quite a while since he seen the face of his own father. The memory of it was starting to slip and he had no intention of losing it. Talitha's scent was fresh and she had sat near this spot not a couple hours before. His tail wagged behind him back and forth. But, no matter how long he stayed there for he could not pick out one of the most important in his life.

Faolin had promised to come back for him. He knew she kept every one of her promises because she always had with him. He never once remember her breaking any. He remembered a few months ago being curled up in her lap next to a fire with Fatin and Tristan across from them on the other side and just listening to her sing songs. She whispered in his ears and told him that she was going to make sure Talitha was safe with his father and was also going to see if it was safe to come home. If all things were well she would be back. But, she never came back and the boy had stayed with Fatin and Tristan learning everything he could from the two. He was skilled with plants and medicines now and was an excellent marksman. He picked up things easily from the two and felt as if they were his extra set of parents. The boy sighed and leaned back against the trunk of the tree closing his eyes.

Ezekiel was suspended about fifteen feet by a branch attached to a large oak that stood outside the borders of Inferni. The golden boy knew he would be welcome upon the lands but he just did not feel like talking to anyone right now. He missed his family and the knot in his stomach would not go away. Frowning he looked down at the ground below him and dug his nails into the bark. Anxiety was building up and his breathing quickened, what if Faolin never made it? What if she died? What would he do without his mother? Tears stung the boy's eyes as he stared down at the ground below hoping to make her reappear somehow. He used the back of his arm and wiped away the tears. He was a man, he could not cry like this!

He sat there and waited on his perch, waited for someone to come out and find him. His scent must have drifted into the lands by now. Would they remember him? A few particular scents he remembered besides Gabriel and Talitha. The boy was nearly full grown. He was lanky in his optime form and it was only worse in his natural form. He was approaching his birthday soon and would be an entire year old. His fur was growing in nice and thick for winter which gave the boy a bit more to him then skin and bones. His fur was a brilliant golden hue which faded to a creamy color like his mother's fur. It had streaks of red and copper all through it. His hair was a darker color than his fur though and he had dreads like Tristan, though they were tied back away from his face with a piece of thin rope. He was growing to be a tall boy, but not so much on the heavy side. Golden eyes stared out across the sands. It was evident coyote blood ran through his veins along with a mix of others. He had large oversized ears and a slim appearance much like his mother, but held a body much bigger than any coyote and oversized paws that seemed to big for his body. A bow was put over his back, the string separating his fur along his chest and attached to the branch above him was a large knapsack filled with all of his things.

The boy watched and waited, hoping that someone would find him soon, but then again hoping it was no one else but family. He looked back over his shoulder and then turned his head back to the borders. He promised the same thing to someone else. He would be back if it was safe. She was just in the next territory over though, but he wanted to make sure of a few things before he went back for her.

I’m not even trying to justify myself

[/html]
[html]

indent He had found Anselm, and his cousin had admitted he had to leave. There were pressing issues, he said, pressing things he had to deal with. Gabriel had not questioned him, and taken him as far as he could. Then he had turned back, walking alone. At least, he had been alone until his winged shadow found him. Even though Talitha had only been gone a few weeks, Marlowe presented them in a theatrical performance in which he nearly died several times, and starved the whole way. Gabriel took these stories with a grain of salt, and he conversed with the raven as he walked back towards Inferni, playfully mocking his stories.

indent A cigarette was burning in his right hand, occasionally lifting to his mouth. It had been a few days since he had last smoked, but the familiar burn comforted him. Things were going to be all right. Anselm was gone, but his daughter was here. His daughter was here and his companion, his spy, his gossamer-winged recon was back. They were invincible as long as they had Marlowe, and secretly, Gabriel though the bird knew this.

indent Suddenly, a familiar scent bled out over the smoke, and Gabriel stopped. His eyes narrowed and he trailed the area, looking for its source. That was his son, all right. A warning caw from the raven on his shoulder suggested he look up, and it was here that Gabriel spotted a lanky golden-red youth. As Talitha looked like her father, Gabriel saw Faolin in his son.
“Hey kid,”
he called up, grinning like a fool.
“Isn’t it a little cold to be climbing trees?”

[/html]
[html]

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... copy-1.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-align:top center; text-align: justify; padding:5px; color:#746853; font-family:verdana; font-size:1em;line-height:1.35em;border-right:1px solid #000;border-left:1px solid #000;border-bottom:1px solid #000;">

--

The voice snapped him out of his thoughts and his golden eyes looked right down below to the owner of the voice. It was strange, but the voice brought back older memories of this place. Being a whole family again, his mother, father and sister all curled up in the den to sleep for the night. He missed them all so much. Talitha had been such a big part in his first few months and so had his parents. He missed everyone so much and that voice brought back the pain again, but then a fluttering hope lit inside his cold heart. It felt warm again and he knew right then that everything would go back to normal.

"I hardly noticed," he laughed, even though the freak snowstorm that had hit the lands was a bit random, the change in temperature hardly phased the young boy. He leaned over the tree branch to look down upon his father and his tail wagged merrily behind him. The boy dropped from his perch and landed nimbly beside his father, standing up again and brushing the dirt from his body. Golden eyes gazed at his father in admiration and he stood firm in his spot even though every part of his body screamed to tackle the male to the ground and cover him in hugs. He had missed his father quite a bit.

"Jesus, I am almost as big as you are now!" considering it had been months since he last seen his father the boy never really understood just how much he grew. He was not quite as tall or as filled out as Gabriel, and that would only follow him for another few months. He was going to be a big boy though that was for sure. Not being able to control it any longer he jumped on his father and gave him a huge hug. "I missed you so much! Why didn't mom come back and get me though?" he asked, slightly concerned.

[/html]
[html]

indent As his son fell through the air, Marlowe started, and left his shoulder. The bird preceded to curse in his own tongue, and settle nearby, beady black eyes on the pair. Ezekiel had grown quite a bit, and only a few inches below his father. Of course, as he was young, Gabriel had no doubt he would fill out in time. It would not surprise him if the boy did not get much taller—the wolf blood was sparse in the boy, as opposed to his father.

indent Smiling, Gabriel was soon assaulted by a warm body and laughed. “I missed you too,” he said, returning the hug. At the question, however, he released his son and regarded him quietly. Talitha hadn’t found her mother. He knew that meant something had happened. More then likely, Faolin was dead. But faith kept him believing she was still alive, still out there, somehow. “We don’t know where she is,” he admitted, confident that the boy was old enough to handle this. “Your sister went to look for her but came back alone.” He paused, and then smiled distantly. “You know, you showed up right after she did. Almost in the same spot.”

[/html]
[html]

--

The boy frowned at the mention of his mother disappearing. Did she try to find them and end up getting lost? The trio had not moved around very much as they were waiting for Faolin to return, but Ezekiel wanted to head to Inferni himself. He had waited enough and he did not want any more time to pass by. He wanted to spend every moment he could with his whole family, not the broken little one the war had left him with for the time being. He tried to talk Tristan and Fatin into coming back, but they wanted to travel some more and could only give him a maybe as an answer.

"I miss her and Talitha too," he frowned again wanting them all to be here. He looked around just in case Talitha had been right behind Gabriel, but all that the golden youth could see was a black bird that he had not noticed that had lifted into the air as he fell. The boy eyed him suspiciously then wondered if he should use him for target practice. He had caught plenty of birds before, but decided against this one. It seemed he was a 'friend' of some sorts to his father. The boy smiled a the bird before turning to his bag for a moment. He knelt down and ripped off the one of two rabbits that was tied to his bag by a string, then rose to his feet again and turned towards the bird.

"He looks hungry. Here," he cooed and tossed the day old carcass towards the bird. "I think I'll be fine now that I am here," he turned with a grin back to his father. He had so many questions to ask him. He wanted to go find Talitha and tackle her to the ground. So many thoughts were aflutter in his young mind. Ezekiel thought it best to just keep it simple for now. "Well, now that I am here, I want to stay. I don't care if it's still dangerous," he stated simply, face and tone firm. He was not a pup any longer and he did not really wanted to be treated like one either.

[/html]
[html]

indent The rabbit hit the ground with a dull thump, and Marlowe eyed it suspiciously. At a slight motion from Gabriel, he relaxed and jumped on the carcass. Gabriel turned his eyes up to his son and took in what he was saying. Shifting his feet and finishing off the cigarette, Gabriel flicked the butt into the snow and brushed his hair out of his face. “Things are as safe as they could be,” he offered, not explaining further.
indent “This is your home,” he continued. “You can stay here as long as you want.”

[/html]
[html]

Siobhan will be added as an NPC for now.

He expected a bit more of a fight from his father saying it might be safer to stay with Fatin and Tristan. Ezekiel also thought that the reason Faolin went missing is because she was kidnapped by wolves or something along those lines. He looked at his father dumb-founded before grinning from ear to ear. He looked over at the bird demolishing the carcass and then back to his father. He shifted his feet back and forth in the dirt before thinking of what he should say about a certain little somebody he was taking care of.

"Just one thing, someone else will be accompanying us," he started, looking over his shoulder into the woods behind them. It was an eerie place, but the boy had been through it so much exploring when he was a bit younger that it felt safe to him. His tail flicked from side to side. "Her name is Siobhan, she's only five months old and she can already shift! There is something strange about her dad. She's a coyote, but she is completely snow white in color. I saved her from a raging coyote who turned out to be her mother. I promised to bring her here and keep her safe. She's just off in the woods over there if you would like to meet her?" he asked, looking slightly hopeful at his father.

She was a strange child indeed. Whenever he was around her he felt at peace with everything. She seemed to have some type of power over animals and could talk to them in what seemed to be another language that they could understand. He gave his head a shake before turning his eyes back to his father. She was a coyote through and through, so why couldn't she stay? Gabriel wouldn't say no. At least, he hoped his father wouldn't.

[/html]
[html]

indent Someone else had come with him. Gabriel narrowed his eyes slightly, suspicious. As the circumstance was explained, his eyes darkened. A white coyote. She was either a hybrid or albino, and from the way his son described it, more then likely the latter. If this was the case, he had no doubt she would not survive long (either here or on her own), and Ezekiel’s compassion was understandable. It had been one of the things he had taught him, despite everything else that his children had learned.
indent “Of course,” he said, sparing a glance to Marlowe. The raven took notice and, finished with his meal, returned to Gabriel’s shoulder.

[/html]
[html]

Can we end this here? Then I'll start us another thread asap.

Ezekiel was excited and he quickly picked up his bag and swung it over his shoulder adjusting it around the bow that was attached to him around his chest. His tail wagged behind him slowly before he turned in the direction of the young girl. He paused and turned back towards his father. "Thank you! I will go and get her right now. How about we meet you at the den, it's getting dark anyway and we'll need a place to sleep," he did not wait for an answer before turning in the direction of the woods and ran full speed towards Siobhan.

[/html]