no need to be here, no card to clock in
[html]

Lemme know right away if scroll table = bad!

Word Count → 439

He had to come back to the woods one last time.

Even in the midst of autumn Ethereal Eclipse was dense and damp, though a fraction more sunlight was able to filter through places where the leaves were absent, rotting on the ground among fungi and forgotten corpses. The cat mistook a dead bat for a crinkled brown leaf, his lips wrinkled back and his whiskers trembling with disgust. He since took off into the trees to look for fresher prey, a course of action that Levent agreed with; his stomach was empty, as it had been more often than not lately, and he should be focusing on those simple things rather than letting his thoughts run back through their dark paths.

But winter was a cold tinge in the air, and the prey would weaken into easy meals with the scarcity of food as the wolf grew strong. He had time—and he had to come back here, just once, just to see.

The paint mare whickered as she recognized the old forest trails, the few breaks in the foliage: now a path for ungainly ungulates, then a path for glaciers. She seemed almost eager, her ears strained forward in the way a horse’s does when they’re anxious to get back home after an unexpectedly long ride. The thick, cloying odors of the forest had Levent inclined to agree with her, but…

The wolf stopped walking, giving the horse’s halter a gentle tug, and did his best to convey the message in Low Speech that they were never to go here again. He phrased it like a horse explaining to a herdsmate that a cougar had reclaimed their old grazing land, not quite sure how to convey the depth of the emotion and loss that chased him from Cercatori d’Arte like a mountain lion chases a foal.

Mai tossed her striped mane and insulted him, calling him a coward and a fool, but Levent agreed with her there too.

He reasoned that they had some time before Wilson had finished his hunt, so he led Mai into a clearing and tied her to a sturdy branch, plopping down on the soil and rubbing at his eyes as he waited. He didn’t dare head any further north toward the pack territory; he dreaded being seen just as much as he wanted to be. Even if one of the dogs he’d pointed their way—like deaf Edgar or the one he met during the storm—could come and give him some news, some last tale before he took to the north, he would be content.

Levent just needed to know.

<style>
.scrollev .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.scrollev p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:15px;}
.scrollev b {color:#764e70; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#5e5e59 1px 1px 2px; }
.scrollev b.npc {color:#fff;}
.scrollev {background-color:#cdcbc0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/u2PIp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#363633; border:#764e70 1px solid; letter-spacing:.4px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; height:500px;}
.scrollev .inner {margin:87px 20px 15px 115px; padding:10px; height:379px; overflow:auto;}
.scrollev .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #764e70; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px;}
.scrollev .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:10px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.scrollev b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
.scrollev b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(510) OOC: She be not happy to see him, in optime and wearing the clothes seen in her profile :3

Eclipse was having a good day. She harried Robert into some work other than reading and staying inside. She liked making him see the light of things and pushing him towards a goal, that was what had gotten them together in the first place. It wasn't going to stop now, though she did it with less ferocity. Now that they were mates she took on some of his traditions, especially the one of wearing clothes while in optime. She was his and she could understand now why he would be embarrassed by seeing the features he loved in her out in the open. The were now his solely.

She decided today was a good day for big game hunting, a nice little expedition to get out of the packlands and find a good big fat buck. She had an idea for the antlers if she got one with a good sized rack. She got her bow ready and her quiver, counting the arrows she had, two dozen sounded good to her, then she got her horse ready, having to saddle her to get the long poles that the horse would have to drag behind her if Eclipse got a good catch. She then walked the horse out, she wouldnt' ride, she didn't want the poles to snag and the horse to fall forward with her in the saddle. That would be a bad thing. So if the pole snagged on something she would be able to manually get it off.

They were deep in the forest when she pulled the poles off Grace, then tied her around the branches of a weak bush. That way if Grace was attacked in any way she could break free easily. She didn't need the poles yet so Eclipse put them down beside her then headed out to find that perfect animal. What she found was far from what she wanted. She heard the horses' nicker, but it wasn't Grace's. Eclipse could tell that. She moved silently her ears perked There was someone there. Horses didn't normally go into a forested area, they were meadow creatures, not unless they had a master.

And sure enough this one did. Eclipse's face grew in a hateful growl, and she picked up a stick and lobbed it straight at the man who told her he wouldn't leave her or the pack, she had come to terms that he left because of his children but she'd stayed, she even came to her children's graves and put something nice in front of them every day and made sure their markers were up and well. Once her hand was free she lobbed another stick his way; “What are you doing here you traitor!” She growled, continuing to throw things. She had no intentions of hurting the man or she would have thrown arrows rather than sticks and rocks as she was grabbing up now and throwing. Of course she needed an explanation, but he would probably be hard pressed as she was throwing things at him.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 403

The silence was hard for him to bear, memories he tried hard to suppress—the main reason for his northward exodus—coming back to haunt him as he stared at fingers linked in his lap. He grew uncomfortable, but decided to stretch his legs out and shove his hands down in his pockets rather than chop the cream digits off. Though the truth hung around in the back of his mind he focused on his surroundings, practicing a simple sort of meditation as he closed his eyes and focused on the sounds, the smells, the grass brushing his feet and the bark against his back…

The stick striking him in the face.

Levent made a startled noise and opened his eyes, his arms jerking up defensively as a barrage of twigs and small rocks struck him on the head and stomach. The voice declaring him a traitor was one that he recognized—albeit barely, not used to hearing it in anger. His heart clenched, but there was little he could say in his defense. He’d betrayed Eclipse and Hotaru and Cercatori d’Arte and he’d done worse things in the span of a few frantic seconds. And for that reason, his deep hidden guilt, he refused to move out of her throwing range or do anything but hold his arms up to block the worst of the ammunition.

To his utter surprise, Mai was the one to finally come to his defense. She snorted once, threateningly, and moved toward the tawny she-wolf, covering a startling amount of ground in a relatively few strides. Levent barked a command at her to halt, however, and she obeyed him, though one ear turned back as if she were puzzled why she was defending the asshole of a handler she’d gotten stuck with.

Eclipse, let me explain, Levent tried to say, but it came out too wheedling and pathetic. He was wheedling and pathetic, but that was beside the point, so he tried again. I didn’t mean—I didn’t mean to break my promise to you. It was best for the pack that I leave, best for… Best for Hotaru. Saying her name hurt him more than sticks and stones; it was a punch in the gut among everything else he had to feel terrible about. He knew that, even if everyone else was mad at him for leaving, Hotaru would be rejoicing that her pup-killer was gone.

<style>
.scrollev b {color:#764e70; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#5e5e59 1px 1px 2px; }
.scrollev {background-color:#cdcbc0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/u2PIp.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#363633; border:#764e70 1px solid; letter-spacing:.4px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; height:500px;}
.scrollev .inner {margin:87px 20px 15px 115px; padding:10px; height:379px; overflow:auto;}
.scrollev .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #764e70; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.scrollev b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
.scrollev b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 13px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(258) OOC: :O Gasp!!!

She didn't feel bad for the stick hitting him the face, in fact it sent a little sadistic pleasure through her just seeing it happen. She continued until suddenly the large hooved animal came racing at her, only to stop mere inches from the young woman. She glared at the horse then her ears caught what Levant said. She growled under her breath. “Why? I think you should have stayed to comfort her, she deserved better than that. You abandoned her when she needed you the most! My children died and I did not run away!” She said at the top of her lungs, a few tears nearly passed her eyes, but she was trying to hold them in.

She didn't know the full detail of what happened to his and Hotaru's children other than they were sick, and they passed away, much like her own except they were alive and outside the womb. To Eclipse it made little difference, though it was probably all the difference in the world to Levant. She just knew he ran from his problems the second they started happening. Perhaps it was best that he left, but she still hated him for the promise he gave her that he broke, he couldn't even say goodbye. “You had a chance to explain, and yet you leave me too! Just like my father, and my mother, you're no better than they are!” She yelled, feeling far more brave than she ought to with a six hundred pound animal in front of her.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 479

Had there not been so many other emotions overtaking the male in that moment, he might have been proud for the light tawny woman being so brave in the face of the mare’s charge. As it was, he could only breathe deeply and look between the two of them, the horse still on edge and Eclipse fixing her purple-blue eyes on him. Her voice rose in a roar of blame, and he shrank back like a worm under her shouting.

I tried! Levent tried, but his voice was a pathetic yelp in comparison to her shouting. He hadn’t tried, not hard enough; he hadn’t been there to hold her, had only cried alone, had left her alone to deal with Aysun’s death and Aiden’s death not many hours later. He’d told himself that she’d had Fawkes and Dalgina to comfort her instead, but Fawkes was merely a bird and Dalgina only a child herself. It was different with Wilson, who he’d known his whole life, who had the mentality and words to reassure his best friend however he could. Hotaru had had none of that, none of that besides the father of her dead children, and he hadn’t stayed to comfort her.

Eclipse’s words about her children brought shame to him, and it was obvious and sharp in his face. He continued to shrink back in silence, trembling, letting her scream out her anger. She compared him to her own parents in abandoning her, and he flattened his ears. He hadn’t thought his promise had even been that important; while he’d had every intention of upholding it, what was he to her? An eccentric pack mate, maybe, a possible friend—but not one whose disappearance he’d thought she would take seriously.

His washed-out blue eyes lingered on the dirt, and he wanted to crawl underneath it where he belonged. He only shook his head, though, and allowed some anger of his own to well up. I left, he said, his voice barely audible at first. All right, damn it, I left.

He reached out to grab at the tree behind him, using it to prop himself up so he could meet the other’s gaze a little more evenly, though his scrawny frame shook with the effort. Your children died, but at least you didn’t kill them, he snarled, eyes burning. I’m a pup-killer, I killed my babies, I was negligent and I took them outside when Hotaru told me not to and they got sick… He shook his head fiercely. They got sick, and it was my fault. I tried to comfort Hotaru, when she was… when she was burying our little boy, he croaked, but she called me a pup-killer, she struck me, and—and yes, I left, I fucking left. He sank down again.

You don’t need me, Eclipse… None of you need a wretch like me…

<style>
.scrollev b {color:#764e70; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#5e5e59 1px 1px 2px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 355 OOC:

Eclipse had to take a deep breath to get herself some kind of air because the yelling made her light headed. She didn’t not like him, but right now she was so furious with him, that he could just suddenly show up in her life, even if it wasn’t as if he had left, because as she was catching her breath, he admitted to it, in a pained voice that made Eclipse’s heart ache, but she could not forgive him for what he did. The promise he made to her and the lies he told her. He spoke more and she did not say a word, though she moved away from the horse, making sure it wouldn’t just trample her here and now, as he own adrenaline was leaving her system.

She shook her head, her eyes on his; “You know I understand more than you. My body rejected my children. It is why I miscarried. What I did was nearly the same as you, but instead of facing up your problems you just ran from them.” Her voice was low now, no longer a yelling screaming bark, no it as calm though it wavered here and there, it also was cold, as though the words she said were meant to freeze the man. Her eyes were on him at all times as he sank down, her sharp blue eyes pierced him as though he were just some meat that needed chopping up for one of her stews “You are right about one thing, no one needs the likes of you, so perhaps instead of being the filthy creature you are showing me now maybe you should try harder next time.” Her jaw was set, she had no intentions of leaving just yet but she felt her welcome was no more than his, not with the words that came from her mouth. Normally she wouldn’t do this, not many people saw her angry, but when she met someone who abandoned her even if it was mear friendship or even being acquaintances, she let them know exactly what she thought.

<style type="text/css">
.freetable1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.freetable1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freetable1 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#7BB675; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/AeAfO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; -moz-border-radius: 15px; border-radius: 15px; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3B7835; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sunny

[/html]
[html]

Lev is a total asshole. Anyway, I think this can be wrapped up before the board move. Big Grin

Word Count → 351

He felt like a fool, pouring his grief and anger out like this. He was a child throwing a tantrum, but he was also a grown man and one who’d felt his baby girl stop breathing, woken from a dozing daydream to find his whole life ended. His growling words trailed away, and the tawny woman answered him in a low voice, speaking of her miscarriage.

It’s not the same, Levent replied darkly, his lips wrinkling back and his muzzle creased with a quiet snarl. It wasn’t your fault, you idiot. The insult left his mouth before he could reclaim it, and his heart thrummed a nervous little beat. He shook his head, though, not caring, not caring about any of it. Yours were never alive, you never named them, they never opened their eyes and started to babble. You lost nothing, nothing but hope and dreams. Could you imagine if they were already starting to walk, to breathe, to live when the god took them from you? Could you?

Anger returned to him, flashing in his pale eyes and heating his stomach. He knew he’d strayed from the god’s intended path, from Tanrı’s laws and wishes, but he was already a sinner and he’d already fallen in making a pact with a demon. There wasn’t much further he could go, and he found himself unafraid.

Eclipse returned his insults, and perhaps it was an encouragement for him to pull himself back up and change. If he hadn’t already done what he had, Levent might have complied with her challenge, formulated an apology, and worked out how to fit himself back into his sorry life. Now, though, the recusant only stood up for the last time, unsheathing his claws and locking gazes with her.

You should leave, the Turkish wolf growled lowly. I already hurt another girl, and I’ll hurt you until you couldn’t even dream of conceiving puppies again. He wasn’t sure where the words were coming from, but they poured forth as he took a threatening step toward her. Go, aptalca velet, and be glad for what you have.

<style>
.scrollev b {color:#764e70; letter-spacing:0px; text-shadow:#5e5e59 1px 1px 2px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
(238) OOC: burn and we can has close unless you wanna post again ^^

Eclipse’s hands clenched and un-clenched as he talked. She bared her teeth as he said her own children WERE NOT alive.... would he have said that if he felt them moving as she had just started to before they passed on? Was he that careless thinking that just because they were not out of the womb that they were less than anything else? She backed from the horse, her eyes narrowed, angry, she felt like an entirely different wolf, her own rage and hatred for his words coming out. “Yes I could see ALL THREE of them as what they could have been. I held their pink little bodies in my hand! Don’t you tell me my children were nothing.

She then picked up a rock, throwing it and turned hurrying back to Grace. She didn’t hear what he had to say next, no she was sick of him and his stupid tongue, his stupid beliefs because they were nothing true. She let herself dive into bush before she could get to Grace so his large animal friend didn’t have the chance to follow her as she ran for her horse, mounted and made the chestnut mare gallop away. The only thing that could be seen in the trees as she and her animal companion ran through was the flaxen tail and mane from between the trees and brush.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 175

He knew his words were cruel. He regretted them the moment he spoke, but he was not going to give in to his soft emotions this time. He comforted himself with the fact that he’d never follow through with his threat, and that perhaps her hatred of him would keep her safe in the future, because only the god knew what he would do next.

The woman responded aggressively as he expected her to, but he didn’t blink until she threw the rock at him. It struck him on the muzzle, and he let a vicious snarl rip through him to follow her flight through the woods. He heard Mai stamping her hooves, likely more anxious and agitated than angry at the treatment of her handler, and rubbed at his snout before turning to grab her saddle in preparation to pull himself onto her back.

Instead, the man buried his face against the horse’s shoulder, holding onto her neck, and shook until Wilson came back and Levent knew they should be on their way again.

<style>
</style>
[/html]