you me and a sunset
Ayita sat out on a rock in her lupus form. She was watching both her pups grow up so fast. She wondered what more this pack had to offer she wanted to find herself a job now something to do. She wasn't a wolf of many useful skills if any but she was a wolf with the need to do something. Watching her eldest brother and her daughter spar and practice down the way she smiled. Her brother one who shunned those who were not pure had fallen for his niece and all she had to do was bat her pretty little eyes and he'd do anything for her.

Ayita smiled as she wondered what her pack mates were up to what kind of things they could do. in the slowly dieing light. Soon it would be night and soon she'd need to find something to do. Yawning she shook her head with great strength as the fur moved from side to side. There was absolutely nothing to do time to figure out something to do.
[html]
time to spreeeee

Strel lingered on the sand, wondering when the sweltering heat of the summer would arrive. Or was the warmth that he remembered different here than it was in Michigan? Would it be too much of a distance to feel that same hot weather? The redhead could only wonder, as his toes tug into the sand as he crossed it, still in the learned form he preferred over the one he had been born into. The sand was still chilly, as was the air. It was just a terrible cruel joke. Back in Michigan it would have been getting much warmer than this, much more green and way more rainy. But he came here of his own free will. He should shut his mouth.

As he strolled, his lavender eyes saw a woman nearby, and the sounds of fighting further from her. Interest peaked, he eased over toward her. Strel's fingers dug into his pockets as he realized she was not in optime. Biting his lip, he shifted back a bit in the sand and stripped himself of his vest and his pants. He dumped them casually on a branch to hang. The redhead's form changed into something would be better suited for a less awkward conversation. Though, oh, how he disliked this body. The only thing remaining on him was his necklace and the earrings in his ear.

"Evening, Miss," he greeted plainly, loping up to her, pausing behind her. He felt less sure on his feet here, odd as that was.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuary b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 31px 5px 31px; margin:0px;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
Ayita had been so into the play battle between her two relatives as she noticed that he was not as gentle as he should be on a young lady. An awful echo came was the two wooden weapons collided. Ears folded back on her head as she squinted not knowing if either had been slightly hurt. Shrugging her ears perked back up as they dropped the wooden weapons and started to spar. Ayita found this very entertaining see how short her still growing daughter was compared to Zafier who had to crouch a bit.

A sound of foot steps on the sand caught her attention as she turned to him. "Oh hello." She said with a wide smile. She didn't quite recognize the young man behind her. Not in this form at least. ta first time the two had met he had been writing a song and the conversation was awkward and she wasn't sure why. It took her a moment to catch his scent and figure out who it was. "Strelein I hope my memory is awful today and last time I saw you we were not in these forms." She said with another wide smile.
[html]

The redhead gave a sigh of relief, having it revealed to him his idea was right. He did know who this person was. He had met her ages ago, and probably at the meeting that Jacquez had called forth when the war started. Wasn't the war supposed to be ending, or had it already ended? It was nice being so far from the fighting that none of it affected him and his daily life. It was a blessing. "Oh, Ayita. Pleasure to see you again," he said as she turned around and greeted him. A pleasant wolf grin was on his face as he sat himself down on the sand, ignoring the feel of it and the feel of his bones and muscles twisted into this kind of position and form.

He nodded slightly, wondering if he should switch back. "I don't like this form. I did not want it to be awkward. I left my stuff-" he jerked his chin in the direction of the things "- over there." Tilting his head to the side a bit, the redhead sent his eyes to watch the spar going on. "Who are they?" he asked, wondering who the kid was and who the man fighting her was.

<style type="text/css">
.sanctuaryooc {font-style:italic; padding: 10px 31px 5px 31px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4f7eba;}
.sanctuary {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#001650; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... uary-2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 0px 0px 68px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
Ayita smiled seeing that he remembered her it made her feel better knowing at least that. She wasn't in the mood to just be bored so taking time to catch up with the red headed wolf made her happy. "Oh dear no reason to make yourself uncomfortable. Actually I wouldn't mind Shifting my self. Stretch my legs a bit that would be nice." She said with a smile and she stood from her sitting position.

"Oh well the gruff looking guy. My brother older brother Zafier and the pup is my daughter Amaranth." She said with a smile as she forced her body to change. The change was rather slow today but that was manly from her being tired Zafier and her had taught Amaranth some more hunting stuff. Looking at him after her body settled into optime form. She reached over to a branch that held a sundress she had found while shopping with Ruri. It was something small just to make herself feel decent.
[html]

More relief. Ayita was going to shift into optime and the redhead practically rejoiced. He hated hated hated being in lupus and ortus. Hated them. Hated hated hated them. "Oh good, I'll go get my things back on. I wish I hadn't bothered," he finished, laughing as he sauntered off. Ayita had begun to change into Optime and the redhead has just reached his clothing. His bones and muscles realigned to their 'proper' places and the clothes slipped back onto his back. A few tugs and they sat properly on him once more, though the pants came on with difficulty as he bounced around jamming his foot through a pant leg.

Strel sat himself back down beside the woman, feeling significantly more comfortable with his body. It was like an awkward teenager, but at least this he could control and escape with relative ease. "Your kid? I never would have guess you had yourself a girl. I didn't even figure you had ever been pregnant. Have a very belated congratulations then, Ayita." Then, lavender hued eyes went to watch the male dancing on his feet in the mock fight against the child. "And your ... brother? He free?" he asked, slyly.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Ayita smiled as he congratulated her. "Thank you if only you could meet her brother as well." she said smiling. "They are Leroy and my pups though he and I are no longer together we havent been since they were born in october." She stated. She didn't normally talk about it. But since strel didn't know she might as well tell him. "Kable and Amaranth." she said. "They are my pride and joy."

"Oh him. Ya" She said smiling. "I don't even know if he's looking." She said with a wink. "Though for a handsome young man like yourself shouldn't you go after younger men? He may be to old for your liking." She said. Semi serous semi not. She didn't mind she wondered if her brother was even into the same sex. hmm that could be a good question to ask during a break in the fight.
[html]

The look that crossed the redhead's face changed so rapidly it was hard to know if it had actually ever been there. First it had been its pleasant norm but then twisted into some kind of disgusted anger before reverting back to what it tended to revert to. He cleared his throat a bit, watching the kid more intently than before, trying to pick out the similarities. Yes, they were there, he had to admit. But damn that man, damn him and his tendencies to do whatever seemingly moved. "Oh. I knew he had kids, but I never figured they were yours. I thought they were yours and your man's," he said, hoping his voice was shaking a little bit. Damn Leroy. Damn him. "Well this girl is a pretty example of her mother, certainly."

Then, eyes went back to the male, watching him with still more interest than Amaranth. Strel gave off a barking laugh, a little too loud for his liking. "Any younger and I'm looking into fresh yearlings. 'Sides, the older guys are faaaaar more interesting, but they never seem to want to get their hands on me," he complained, leaning back on his arms. "And the older guys know more. They've, like, seen more." The redhead sent a look toward Ayita out of the corner of his eye, hoping this familiarity was not badly received. "How are things with you and your mateboy?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Ayita looked at him she had no idea Leroy and Strel had ever had any relationship. She still was deep in the dark as to why the male's voice wavered slightly. "I'm sorry you didn't know. I kinda wish they were vigi's but well shit happens and you mess up. Though I wouldn't change what happened now. Thank you I always thought she had nothing of me." She said with a smile.

She noticed the two stopping for a moment to catch their breaths. "Well you could always go see." She said smiling at him. "We're not to far from where he found a small shack that he has slowly started to fix up. " She said giggling a bit. She wondered honestly what her brother thought about liking other men or if that was another one of those awful sins. She shrugged thinking about it as she smiled. "We've been well maybe sometime next year we'll have our own litter of pups.
[html]

Strel shrugged a bit, not knowing what he was willing to divulge about his 'relationship' with a certain dog. Maybe it would be best to not say what Leroy had done and what Strel had consented to. Maybe it would be a lot better. "You're right, shit happens," he said, almost vehemountly. It was completely unconsciously done. "But no reason to ruin your life, yeah? You get yourself some kids to keep your name and memory alive. Though I wonder how defensive you'll get when they get themselves a sweetheart," he chuckled, remember his father flipping out when his littermate was sneaking off to be with a girl. Oh, what a wonderful night of yelling about honor and dignity.

Scoffing, the redhead rolled his eyes in Ayita's direction. "But Ayitaaaa, I'm so terribly shhhhy." He was whining, oh yes, but he was trying to be funny. "Besides, I don't want to hit on people while your daughter and you are there. It would be creepy." He looked so innocent saying it too, as though it wouldn't be disturbing to see two grown males (well, one almost completely an adult) flirting. Or one punching the other. Whichever. "Oh, I wish you luck then. I'm sure these two will want siblings." Even if they would not be sharing a father.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Ayita smiled as she laughed. "Yes indeed though I don't think it will be me the pups or more like amaranth will have to worry about." She said looking at her brother. "He protects her and teaches her more then I can and ever could. She loves him more like a father then Leroy. But she adores Vigi even more and calls him dad and when she talks about Leroy she calls him by name." She said laughing at it.

"Oh no need to be shy he may look tough but. . . well actually never mind on that he's pretty tough inside and out." She said as the two that were sparing headed their way. She smiled as her rambunctious daughter arrived first.

"Mom I'm going home and I'll see you there I want to see if dads home cause I want to show him some of the new stuff I learned." The young girl said as she bent down kissed her mothers cheek and off she went.

Ayita laughed at the site. "I'm sorry she can be so rude and I worked so hard to teach them both manners." She said with a laugh.

Zafier walked up collapsing on the cool sand as he looked at the sky. "So who are you?" He asked giving Strel a bit of a glance. He had never met the male before but he could tell he two was from the pack. Looking him over from this angle he wondered what role the strange wolf played in the pack. "Names Zafier." He said gruffly as he ran his hands through his hair.
[html]
300+

"That's good. Sometimes it doesn't happen so well. At least they can have a decent father who won't be a little -ah excuse me. I was about to vomit profanities," he apologized, eyes on the sparring pair. He wondered why they bothered to practice the fighting arts. Sure it was useful, but not all the time. The redhead was a kind of example of it. He never fought, so he never had to fear losing. It was great, more folk ought to try it. "What do you think about it? Do you want them to regard Leroy as a father?" The guy was probably a terrible father, but there was no evidence to prove it.

Strel let off another laugh, wondering what kind of tough the guy really was, and if her were less tough inside. Like apparently everyone in the goddamn world. Unlike Strel, who was not a tough guy inside or out. The girl approached and then ran off after a parting with her mother. The redhead did not bother getting her attention or striking up a conversation with her. He was not that good with kids. Gotham had showed him that; he needed the practice, but was not about to do so now. "She's a kid, she's got time to learn."

Ayita's brother came over and the redhead gave a crooked smile in his direction, eyes half lidded as they watched the guy. Strel was kind of being a creeper and would probably make a terrible first impression. But, since when did that stop him? "Hey there, handsome," he cooed, snickering as though it were some brilliant joke. "Strelein. Just a silly Duc." Sure he outranked the guy, but he and Ayita were the same. Plus ranks matter about as much as a leaf mattered on the forest floor.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Ayita didn't mind the questions about her family structure. In fact she felt rather comfortable talking with the man as They sat there in the sand. "Oh well I gave the pups a choice told them it was up to them I would never force them." She said she never wanted them to feel pressured about their family dynamics. She wanted them to be happy.

Zafier glance over at his sister then back to the male. "Strelein huh weird name but that normally means an interesting background and personality." Zafier said with a smiled. He wasn't sure what the male was like who he was or his life dynamics but at least there was another guy around and they weren't talking about human things like books and clothes. Though he wore quite a few human things.
[html]

"I never figured him for a family man, so I guess that's good. They can't really be disappointed when he lets them down." The grin on his face dulled down the seriousness of what he had said. It was easy to see how Leroy was not going to be that dedicated father, who may just let some other man raise his kids as their 'father'. The kids were better off. Really.

Strel snorted lightly, rolling his eyes at Ayita's brother. Naturally the redhead doubted his life prior to the area was going to have been interesting. To some, sure, but he doubted it. Quite a lot, actually. "Oh yes, I was a huge celebrity back home. I swear, it was sheer madness. I dethroned a tyrant and helped a clan of dogs cultivate food for cows. Then I led a crusade against bears." Strel idly examined his fingernails, cleaning them off a bit of sand. "That was a fun week, it was." Stories were fun to tell, especially huge lying ones. "But your name is interesting, too. Did you smite the impure as well?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Ayita smiled glad that the exchange about Leroy was over she didn't feel like talking about him anymore. Looking at her brother she looked at him. "Hey Are you gay?" She asked her brother she wasn't sure what he was going to say if anything she expected him to go after her.

Zafier was listening to what Strel had to say. "Oh ya its what I lived for. I was trained to kill" He said as he finally heard what his sister had said after the second time of her saying it. "What? I don't know I've never really been with a guy nor really thought about it. Actually I've never been with a woman either." He said sighing as he gave Ayita a glare.

Ayita smiled "oh come on your older then me you must have slept with someone." She said poking him with a stick that was near her.

"No I haven't though I don't see anything wrong with to guys being happy." He said shrugging "Though I doubt I'd ever get a chance to know its not everyday you meet some gay wolf." He said oblivious to the fact about Strel. "I mean If offered maybe but tend to one says I suck at it and get shunned into a corner." He said as he started to laugh brushing the stick away.
[html]

Well that was one way to ask a guy whether he wanted holes or poles. Strel let off a snort of laughter, trying to disguise it as cough of some sort. Sure, it failed, but it was hard to hide his snickering. How old was this guy and still a virgin? Really? Even Strel wasn't, and he had been half-raped a few months ago. What was this guy waiting for? The end of the world to get it on? Bah. Once the redhead had those ideals, of saving it like some blushing girl for her mate or the 'true love' but it seemed like it was better being prepared for it.

"Better get crackin' then. All the pretty ones will get taken fast." It was true. Unless the pretty ones were totally and completely psychotic. "And that ideal makes you one of the rarer ones then, sweetie," he responded, voice kind of sugary. "Hard to find the straight guy who doesn't think it vile and wrong when two dudes bone each other." He did not weaken his vocabulary, which he would have, had the girl still been present. But since she was not, he was more liberal with his word choice. "This is the right pack to be in, then, if you're worried about being shunned. Don't think anyone here shuns for that kind of reason."

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Zafier looked at Strel What did the other care. Not like he could teach him not like he wanted to either. Looking at him he gave a bit of a glare. "Well not that I'm waiting for the right one I wasn't given a chance to do improper things back home and I've been here only a short while." he said.

Zafier looked at him. "Let me guess your about as coiled as a snake." He said looking at him. It shouldn't surprise him though being here nothing should surprise him. Yawning he looked at him. So what was the younger wolf talking about he didn't care much about sex. He didn't know what it was like so how could he care.

Ayita smiled as she looked at her brother who seemed lost in thought. Wait did her annoying brother even have the power to think? "Zafier don't think to hard on it besides Strel is to young you'd be robbing the cradle." Ayita sad teasing Zafier.

Zafier looked at her. "Serous? How old are you? and Trust me I'm prolly to old to learn any form of sex. Can't teach an old dog a new trick." Zafier said laughing he doubted the young man would think about him. Ayita laughed. "Aw man Zafier you are getting old if you say that." She said. "I've gotta step away for a moment." She said standing as she walked away laughing. She had to go to the bathroom and no way in hell was she doing it where the boys could see.

Zafier looked at him. "Strel I quite serous though I'm not waiting I just havn't had the chance don't know the first thing either I was raised to be a gentleman." he said.
[html]
300+

Strel gave a derisive laugh, thinking the comment Zafier made was very faulty. "Improper? Quite the contrary really. It's rather enjoyable and if with the right person, completely and utterly proper and very, very entertaining." What was improper about it? It was totally natural and that was the way the world worked. Okay, maybe not in the guy on guy way, but sex was the thing that nature was good at. Every creature on the freakin' planet was good at it. Even the small bugs were good at it. Even if a few of them did end up with dead males. "And once you do it, you'll see it isn't all that improper. You'll probably ask for more."

He had no idea what the metaphor meant, or at least in relation to him, so he gave the other male a pretty blank stare. Then, the redhead laughed in response to Ayita. "Hey now, I'm not that young." Everyone seemed to think he was some fresh yearling, eager to be an adventurer. "I'm three years old, god." He was no little whippersnapper. "I've got worldly experience." Strelein laughed at Zafier, wondering if he considered himself old. "Good thing you aren't a dog, then."

The redhead watched Ayita retreat, lavender eyes on her back. "Have fun," he said, coyly. She was probably off to make sure her daughter got home fine. He shifted his gaze back to Zafier, suddenly feeling awkward being left alone with the guy who he did not know. This feeling never came up, well usually, since the strangers he met he had found alone instead of having been left alone with. "And I was raised to never walk on two legs, but that doesn't stop me. Ideals change over time. That's all I'm saying." Strel leaned further back, now propped up on his elbows as he eyed Zafier. "So you came here with your sister?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
Zafier looked around to make sure no one was near by listening. "So you know I just have never had the chance do you think an old timer like me could find somebody?" He asked as he sat up looking at the younger male He understood that the younger male was different and very unique but did the older male actually have a chance out here now? After all how many years did he have left now. Who knows he could drop dead in a day or something.

Walking back over Ayita smiling looked at them. She wondered what her brother was thinking being here and having more of a chance to live a normal and grand life. "So boys miss me much?" She asked joking. "Strel I heard that you found a place to stay I haven't really gotten a chance to find you so where are you staying maybe we can get together more often." She said.

Zafier looked at him then his sister. "Who said anything about you coming to hang out. Your mated and it seems like the two of you rarely get together to talk. So why don't you go and leave the big boys to play." he said with a smile.

Ayita looked at him. "I think not so hussssh." She said gently slapping her brother. She was hoping that Strel wouldn't mind a friend;y visit once in a grand while. From her and maybe pain in the but Zafier.
[html]
300+
I didn't notice you had replied :o

Strel snorted, rather rudely back at the older male. "Of course. There's gotta be someone for everyone, I figure, even if it's for a short while." Lavender eyes summed up the guy visually and the redhead noted that there was nothing terribly unattractive that would stop any potential 'encounters' from happening. Zafier had the green light, so he should just find someone. "Don't rush it if you don't want any one night stands, though. You got plenty of time." Or so he figured. The guy wasn't that old, really.

Ayita returned, and the Lord sent a sly smile her way. "Mmm, that figure? I daresay I did miss it," he flirted, knowing that the woman would not take anything he said to her in such a way to heart. Though he wondered what Zafier would say to his blatant flirting with his taken sister. He nodded to her question, replying, "Yep, I'm at the hotel, as I've been since I found it. Got it all painted pretty too. Though I think I need to get a small couch or something in here to make it comfier. I can't entertain friends in my studio."

Rolling his eyes at the other male, the redhead cocked his head at the woman. "Your brother is a butt, I hope you know. But yes, please do come. Everyone needs a break from their mates once in a while." Plus it would help that he could get Ayita to agree to a business transaction. "I can always use more customers. I wouldn't mind getting my hands that and fixing it up a bit," he said, jabbing his thumb in Zafier's direction. Every man deserved at least one pair of decent pants if not a decent jacket/shirt. Sending a side long glance at the older male, Strel quipped, "Bragging now are you? Is that something you mention in front of your sister?" He wondered if Zafier understood what he was referring to.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]