[Leader plz] Yeah I'm a Selfish Bastard
[html]
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x242 ... arstab.png); background-color:#000000; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">OOC: toly is posting first, then others are welcome; btw, Bartholomew is a Mars' second personality, and he can talk to Bart, so to clear up any confusion, this is all just one character and he's just talking to air/himself.
My intentions never change
What I wanted stays the same

Character Name: Mars Bartholomew Russo/Cubbins
Character Birthdate (including year): December 26, 2007
Luperci?: Yes
Species: 52% canis familiaris, 48% canis lupus communis
A secondary form of contact: Ya'll already have this.
Currently played characters: Cotl Ulrich, Daisuke Ghanjai
How you found 'Souls: idk, refer to daisuke's joining.
Initial Post:

He had been going for days is seemed. Bart hadn't been taking over, and Mars had been sitting there, on the back of the stolen horse by the name of Vox. He sort of wondered what his mother thought right now. He wondered if she cursed him for being an asshole and stealing her only stallion away from her to travel to find his father who had nothing to do with the way he was raised, or anything to do with him anyways. Mars didn't even know if his father knew that he even existed or not. Did he care? Slightly. I mean, he didn't care to where it would effect the way he acted if his father didn't know who the hell he was or not, but he did care because if he did know, then there would be the whole part of "Why wouldn't you stay around and be with me when I was born?" issue. He almost hoped that it was the first option because the whole having to ask that question situation was not something he wanted to deal with, nor did he want to seem like he was needy or something (even though he was, considering he had come this far to find his father whom he only knew was named Rurik, and he had blue eyes like Mars himself had)

The white guitar had been on his own back, while the steed carried the two bags of items that was tied around to make a sort of saddle bag type contraption around the horse's belly. Mars was smart when dealing with problems such as the ones he had when he was moving on and on, and he seemed to take care of said problems rather quickly as they came up. Somehow, he had lost that one fool that had been following him that told him where Rurik Russo was supposed to be. What was that stupid kids' name? Kiev? That's right. Kiev Russo. He wasn't a brother, but he was a cousin he thought that he remembered the kid saying something like that. Mars had sent the child (he called him a child because the male acted and thought like one. Mars figured that there might have been some inbreeding in the family and he was the result, giving him an interesting look- a beautiful pelt; but the brains of an idiot.) ahead, saying that he'd follow the kid's scent to the right place when he got there, but it had been some while since he had smelt the beast, and wondered where the kid had headed off to. It was obvious that Mars was heading in the right direction because of the fact that Mars had been following a map to Nova Scotia. He had found the map on the way and kept it to himself for the majority of the trip (only glancing at it when he was alone) because he didn't want the idiot child to fuck up his map. To both himself and Bart, it was the only way to go.

Just then, the stupid bastard showed up. Bart materialized beside the stallion, hand on the neck of the beast that Mars was mounted upon. Mars looked down at the bastard and narrowed his eyes. What the fuck do you want? the beast asked himself. You're the one who wanted some company, and I'm the only one around, you know. Bart quickly replied, not bothering with getting angry with Mars for speaking to him the way that he did. Bart knew that Mars was just always more than likely cranky about something, so when Mars was rude, Bart seemed to not give a rat's ass. The materialized male had still, walked alongside the buckskinned horse. Steel blue eyes stared hard into the eyes of the other male who really, in all reality was not there. Just because I want company doesn't mean I want your company, Bartholomew Cubbins. the male spoke, using the two names of his own that he didn't use to address the male. It was true, Bartholomew didn't use the Russo last name. Mars did. Bart used the Cubbins last name because the Cubbins woman had liked Bart in the end of it all. The only reason Bart and Mars were in the situation they were in now was because Mars decided to flip the fucking lid, steal his mom's steed and then run as far as he could before Bartholomew was able to take back over and return to their old home just outside of LA. You can't be picky with company. You get what you get man. Bart spoke, shrugging his shoulders as he pet the side of the horse's neck.

The two came upon some borders. There was a huge building off in a distance. He wondered if this was the right place. What was it called? Cour Des Miracles. That's right. That's where his father was supposed to be. The wolven had pulled the reigns and halted the beast to a stop before he looked down at Bart again. Soon, I won't have to deal with your company. These are borders here. Hopefully this is the right place. the male spoke to the other as he rose his head to the air, and let his voice ring out across the lands. Hopefully someone would come soon so Mars didn't have to deal with Bart anymore.

Mars speaks Bart Speaks

[/html]
[html]
will be short for i am most tireded

He was not really supposed to patrol, as it was not truly his duty, but the Russo thought he could hunt himself an afternoon snack and pass by the borders in case of emergency. He would be nearby and he was huge enough to be a daunting foe to a trespasser. The hunt was successful; the animals were getting bigger now that the weather was much better and the hibernating creatures emerged from their little holes in the trees and earth. Anatoliy had caught it the rabbit with his bare hands, not bothering to get into his hunting forms. It was a slightly older rabbit, but he had offered it some greens he had found. Naturally, he felt a little bit guilty for killing it after bribing it into his hands. But the thought of it being cooked was enough to sate his qualms over it and allowing him to break the creatures spine in a quick snap.

Just as he was setting up to carry himself and his rabbit home, the Russo smelled a stranger on the border. It was amusing to think that he had once smelled of no one and just his homeland. Now he had this place's scent on his fur, and it wondered what else could alter that. The call came soon after, setting his auds to twitch as he eyed the rabbit in his hands. It would be smarter to just get home and let an officer of sorts come and deal with this, but he was close. Anatoliy sighed, looping the rabbit around an elastic band in his belt, next to his gutting and skinning knife. Narrowing his eyes, the Russo headed toward the border, wondering who was trying to come into Cour des Miracles.

It was some kind of guy, who was, talking to himself? Anatoliy furrowed his brows, hand almost jerking toward his blade's hilt. "Who are you? Vhat do you vant here?" he asked, resting his fingers on his sides, trying not to draw attention to the weapon on his person. "Vhat do you seek?"

<style type="text/css">
.graydream b {font-weight:normal; color:#9994ae; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.graydreamooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#25223c;}
.graydream p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.graydream {margin:0 auto; width:385px; background-color:#4b485b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... mtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px double #36324a; padding: 140px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#36324a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... guitar.png);">
OOC: I don't mind shortness. It encourages me not to overwhelm people. Other people can jump in whenever they want now. and eff me for going overboard anyways >.<
I don't remember the moment I tried to forget, I lost myself..
Is it better off not said?

Mars seemed to be counting the fucking seconds that he had to listen to his other half talk and talk and talk about absolutely nothing of interest to the Russo. Mars wasn't like Bartholomew. They had their qualities that they shared, mainly because it would be ridiculous for Mars to know how to do something, and not Bart and vice versa (except for the whole swimming thing. It was just that Mars had been told since he was a little pup that large amounts of water was bad, and that he'd drown if he tried to swim, and he held on to this, and never let it leave the back of his mind, even though most of what his mom told him were either lies, or things to keep him at her side as a slave.). Mars looked out towards the horizon, looking at the hotel that was in a distance. He wanted to go there, but he knew that trespassing on lands that were not his own was taboo and he could be attacked, along with Vox. Vox was a prized procession of the male, and he was not willing to risk his beautiful buckskin horse. Now, if he knew the pack, then Mars would probably have waltzed on the lands like he owned the place, but alas, he didn't know anything but the name of the pack, so he sat on top of his steed at the borders of the lands. Are you even listening to me, Mars? Bartholomew asked, looking back at the other male, mismatched white and black hands being thrown up into the air as he did an about face and looked at the other male who had the same pelt as him, and everything. Nope, I stopped listening when you started ranting. the male truthfully spoke as he got ready to start playing his guitar.

As he was moving his guitar to be positioned in front of him, he had caught the glimpse of a large beast making his way over. Mars could tell from that far away that both Bart and himself were much smaller than the other male. Maybe about a foot or so. Mars wasn't expecting it, and so he swallowed nervously as the other male approached. Fingers ran over the strings of the guitar, singing out a tune he had made himself, a tune that was familiar only to him and his mother, maybe to Vox as well, just because Mars did tend to play the song over and over again until he got tired of playing it and he would move onto another song. Either that, or Bart got tired of hearing the song so he would start bitching about how Mars needs to learn new songs or something like that (Mars had a tendency to ignore the shit out of Bartholomew when he complained). Mars was a jerk to Bartholomew, only using the other male for things that he couldn't handle, or things he just didn't want to deal with. Bartholomew, being the way he was, didn't care and just would jump in at any time. He'd also talk Mars' ear off. The song rung in the air and as the other had come close enough to speak to him, the fingers on his ivory hand had stopped strumming the guitar. He tilted his head toward the other male as he spoke. Bartholomew had disappeared, a steel blue glance over to the spot he was standing to confirm this before those same steel eyes moved back on the giant of a male that stood taller than even his steed.

Words were spoken from the tongue of the other animal, the other beast. Mars looked at the other male with a almost stupid look on his face before he even opened his mouth to try and speak. Uhm.. he started, almost scared to continue, his voice was calm, ad very low. I was told my father lived here. Rurik Russo his name is. I came to see him, but I also was looking for a new home.. he spoke, his voice confident, yet very calm, and very low. He was never outspoken, Mars was the quieter of the two, if you wanted loudness, you better get Bartholomew to get his ass out. My name is Mars Bartholomew Russo.

Mars Speaks Bartholomew Speaks

[/html]
[html]
will be short for i am most tireded

The Russo stilled, fingers hovering over the knife. What did this guy say? His father? Both of their fathers? He stared at the man, wondering what the hell he was talking about. No, no, his father did not have any English speaking native children. Right? The guy kind of looked like his father, but the resemblance was not strong, at least in his opinion. Surely, this guy was lied to or lying. His father only had seven - six - children. How could his father have forgotten about another child on the continent. Sure, the man's past was a mystery to his son, but Anatoliy swore that his father could not have knocked up that many girls.

"Vhat did you say?" he asked softly, surprise evident on his features. Anatoliy backed up a bit, wondering who this guy was. "He is your fazher?" A look of doubt crossed the yearlings face. The guy had to have been lying. Or insane. Right? "He cannot be your fazher." So, he there were more kids that Rurik had sired that had disappeared from his life? Like the young Russo's older brothers from another mother. He had never met them but he knew of them; his father did know where they were. "How did you know he vas here?" The guy introduced himself as a Russo and the middle name sounded like something his family would name a boy. Who was he?

<style type="text/css">
.graydreamooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#25223c;}
.graydream {margin:0 auto; width:385px; background-color:#4b485b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... mtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px double #36324a; padding: 140px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#36324a; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: lalalala
I don't remember the moment I tried to forget, I lost myself..
Is it better off not said?

The male in front of him had asked him to repeat himself, the look of shock written all over his face. See Mars, this is what happens when you don't listen to your mother, and you run off to find your ungrateful father. Bartholomew chimed in, though only the thoughts of the Cubbins child passing through the head of the Russo. Mars growled lightly at the sound of Bart, a silent warning to the other that he better stop before Mars did something that Bart didn't want him to do. The male went on to speak about how Rurik couldn't be his father. Mars was struck back a bit. Mismatched audits fell back on his head, and he felt pretty bad. He had been fooled? He was almost ready to cry if he had been fooled. Mars also was asked how he knew that Rurik was here. I followed the word on the wind. Many others had pointed me in the right direction as I traveled my way from California. the words were still low, his steel blue eyes going from the face of the other, and looking down at the ground sort of sadly. My mom told me that a Rurik Russo, a Russian, was my father. She said she had met him, and got with him, but he left before she could tell him that she was pregnant with me and my dead siblings.. the male spoke, again, voice was low, but now it had been stripped of confidence. The confidence left when the other had told him that Rurik couldn't be his father. That would mean that he was lied to his whole entire life. That would mean that his very life was a lie. Lyndi fucking Cubbins was to blame for this, and he could feel the anger swelling in his chest because of his stupid mother.

But...How do you know if he's not my father? he asked, his eyes rising back up to the other male's eyes, trying to find an answer. So you really think that Lyndi lied to you? I don't think so. Who is this kid anyways? Bartholomew chimed in again, talking to the gentleman on top of the horse. Awh, is poor little Marsy gunna cry? the other male teased Mars, really wanting to see if the male would break down in tears right then and there. Mars again, growled lightly to himself, really at himself since him and Bart were the same freaking person. Who are you again? the male asked, his head cocking to the right, no hint of anger evident in his low voice, but neither was there the confidence that he once had.

[/html]
[html]
300+

That was his father's name all right. Anatoliy would never pretend that he knew his father astoundingly well. There were just somethings he had never asked, like what other women he had met and been with. Even though it was plain that he and his mother had stayed together for as long as they did was because of the four - three of them. Still, what kind of a child would want to know they could potentially have countless siblings because their father could not keep his dirty bits to himself or felt a little too loose around pretty faces. And this guy's mother had told him that she and his father, Anatoliy's father, had been together once, even for a little a while. What other secrets were breathing across the globe? The Russo wanted to ask, badly, but maybe it was not something he wanted to find out from Rurik. Maybe he should not mention this, his confusion as to the kind of man Rurik was.

Mars was the face of the thing that Anatoliy believed was a joke. How was he supposed to react over that. "I don't know. I just don't vant it to be true," he answered plainly, fingers lightly playing with the handle of the knife. The Russo did not know why he fiddled with it so. Maybe it was just the assertion that he was protected and had a defense? "I am Anatoliy. Rurik Russo is my fazher," he answered again, looking square on at Mars, daring him to challenge that claim too. "I did not zhink zhat my fazher had any other children by women other zhen my mother and zhe Kiska woman." He did not dislike the mother of his older half siblings; he had never met her or her children so there had been nothing to hate. But here was a living half sibling. Just how many did he have?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Leader can pop in now please.
Now I'm closer to the edge

Mars looked at the male between two sets of eyes. One was the eyes of the analytical Mars, and the other, through the teasing eyes of Bartholomew. Mars eyes traveled up and down the other male in front of him. Mars noticed the hilt of the knife being touched. It made him wonder if the male was going to attack him. Actually, he was expecting it. He could imagine the male all of a sudden launching at him, knife in hand. The thing about it, is that Mars could imagine himself freezing up and not even moving. It'd probably be Bartholomew if he would move out of the way. Mars had been punished with sharp objects before, and he had the logic in his mind that 'if you run, they'll just catch you later and hurt you even more than they would have in the beginning if you just sat there and took it like a man'. This was one of the many little lessons that he had learned when he was with Lyndi. No matter how much it hurt, he wasn't supposed to cry. No matter how much it hurt, he was not supposed to scream out. He was just supposed to sit there and take the torture, and eventually they attacker would back off because Mars wasn't an interesting kill.. At all. Mars would be tortured until Bartholomew would take over, and Bartholomew knew of pain. Bartholomew would react. This was why his mother would coax Bartholomew out of the mind of the beast and torture him. And to think, all Mars wanted was some love. He didn't need the torture that he got back in Fresno.

The other had spoken to him, telling Mars that he didn't want it to be true. Mars thought differently. If there was anything in the world, he wished that he was right to pursue his father. He wanted to be able to have a family that cared for him rather than having to think that everything that Lyndi had told him was a lie. The kid also introduced himself as Anatoliy Russo, son of Rurik Russo. So that would mean that they were half brothers if this Rurik Russo was the father of Mars. Mars looked at the other, straight in the eye, the other did the same, and there was something in the eyes of the other male that had told Mars to dare the other of what he just said. Mars did not. Instead, he adverted his gaze yet again. He was a wolf, and he knew about the customs of submission. If Mars was not on the steed, and perhaps in his lupus form, the male would more than likely be on his back with his belly to the sky in front of the other male. I'm nothing but a bastard child. the male spoke, his voice still low like it had been the whole time. Is there any way that I would be able to speak to him anyways? Just to...uhhm. Mars lost his words in the middle of his sentence before he continued. Verify things?

[/html]
[html]

I'm setting this for after he meets with Strelein? 300+

The morning had been fairly awkward, considering everything that his mate had told him that she had walked in on her brother doing with Strelein, and then the impromptu visit from the male. Vigilante felt that Zafier and Strelein were free to do whatever it was that they pleased—and it seemed they certainly did—but it had been strange trying to console his mate because she had unexpectedly come across her brother in a romantic embrace, and not only that, but with another man. As far as he knew, she had not had any suspicions that her brother was interested in men prior to finding him with one. That was probably the part that had surprised (and upset?) her the most.

After the Baron had left his house, the caramel-colored King had taken off, secui form moving swiftly through the pack's territory as he ran for the pure sake of running. He had not known what else to do with himself, and he felt as though it had been ages since he had pushed his body to its limits. Admittedly, those limits were hard to push. He had always been kept in immaculate shape for his profession, and that had not changed, even after he had altered his lifestyle. The King would not allow himself to become lazy or unfit, not for anything.

Ears twitched as a howl sounded, the voice unfamiliar. The influx of strangers at the borders had not seemed to end yet. He headed in that direction, paws beating steadily on the ground. Before he could see them, he could smell that there were two there, a member of his pack and a stranger with a very faintly similar scent. "Hello," he said amicably as he approached. He could sense that there was a bit of tension in the air, perhaps anticipated because of the fact that the two males seemed a bit at odds with one another. "I am Vigilante Haskel, King of Cour des Miracles. Is there something I can do for you?" The introduction was, of course, for the stranger. Though not well, he knew Anatoliy.

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: ilu meggles <3
Now I'm closer to the edge

Silence was never really silence for Mars. Bart would make sure of that with his constant bickering about most absolutely nothing. Bart was over on the ground, whistling some random tune that he probably was making up along the way. Mars' audit flicked towards the other male that was himself. He looked to the side, towards the being and he let out an audible snort come from his nose. Bart looked over lazily and narrowed his steel blue eyes on himself. Shut up Mars. You can't tell me what to do. the bastard spoke to himself, from Bart to Mars. Mars looked back at the male that would be his half brother if Rurik was indeed, Mars' father. Mars let his eyes scope the male's frame, wondering what his mother looked like. He also wandered what his own father looked like. All Mars did know about this Rurik was that he was Russian, and he had blue eyes.

Before Mars could find something to say, another being had moved towards the two. This male was in his four legged form, Secui to be exact. If Mars hadn't had all of his possessions on his back, and on his steed's back, then he would have greeted the male with a transformation before speaking. The other introduced himself as king of the pack. Mars bowed his head at the other with this announcement. Once Mars had gotten his respects out of the way, he had looked at the other being. He was a dog, a mutt of sorts. Mars wondered if he was even any percentage of wolf before his thoughts stumbled over themselves and he shook his head and opened his mouth to speak to the king. Oh, uhm... he started, running his tongue over his lips quickly before continuing. It is nice to meet you, my league. My name is Mars Russo. I kinda was looking for my father here, as well as to join your pack, good sir. he knew how to kiss ass. It wasn't the first time he was dealing with a higher ranked wolf, or dog in this case. Bartholomew had stayed to the side, his back turned towards the group of other males, and him sitting there, whistling that same tune he had been working on while his fingers played with the grass that was on the ground.

Mars had paused for a second before continuing though, figuring that the king would want to know what he could offer the pack and whatnot. As far as anything that I can do as skills go, I can uh.. another pause to lick his lips. I can act, throw plays, make music. I also have knowledge in herbs. I can run pretty good, you know, without the horse. I can also pull things over long distances. Uhhh... he paused to think about what else he could do. Draw, and sew. I can also cook food.. he listed off the last thing before he shut up and let the others have a chance to speak.

[/html]
[html]

Before the Russo could answer the stranger, the King arrived, out of the blue, but he had been expected. Little surprise registered on the brunette's face, but he did nod his head toward Vigilante in respect. Had he a hat, Anatoliy would have tipped it, like he had once seen older men do and those he had read about in the old books. He was unsure of what he was to do here, as Vigilante had been alone when the Russo family had been accepted. Slipping to the side a little, he waited. This guy was probably older than him, but to the best of his knowledge, Anatoliy was one of the youngest Russo's that Rurik sired. So, Mars was an older son, before Rurik returned to Sobirat'sya? Seemed reasonable, but the Russian Russo was certainly frazzled, to say the least.

Mars was pretty experienced in things he would have been expected to learn over time in Russia, and the Russo only looked interested at his half-sibling. Wherever he had kept himself, whoever taught him had taught him important things. That was good. "I am zhinking zhat my fazher vill be happy to see a lost child of his," he said suddenly, both to the King and to his apparent half-brother. "He vould be happy to be responsible for zhis man's actions if zhat is a problem." Anatoliy was not about to take that kind of responsiblity. Not on a stranger.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

My apologies for the wait, I've been on absence.

The caramel-colored King studied the stranger silently as he spoke, dark ears turned acutely. Another Russo did not seem impossible. The pack was already home to Rurik, Anatoliy, Liliya, and Marika, after all. Mars had never been mentioned to him, but it seemed very likely that the family was expansive, and he had not spoken much with any of the Russos in depth about their family. The given description of "long lost" seemed to explain the lack of mention, as well, and he was curious to know whether or not Rurik even knew of this son.

Vigilante did not see any reason to turn Mars away, particularly due to Anatoliy's assurances. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mars. You will begin at the starting rank—Seigneur. As you become accustomed to the pack and integrate yourself, you will rise in the ranks and will be able to choose your own specific job, if you wish. I'm sure that Anatoliy," he said with a quick glance at the man, "would be fine to show you where you can find Rurik. Otherwise, if you have any questions...?" Generally, new members only had one or two questions, if any, and they often volunteered them immediately. However, he did like to make sure that he asked, to cover his bases.

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.